AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-09-26, 11:36   Link #81
QS_Bilal
Gravemind
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: middle east
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
lol I'm afraid just like Naruto "getting the rinnegan", this hope/prediction/whatever is going to leave alot of you dissapointed. I think some of you need to read that scene again because this chapter pretty much confirmed Sasuke and Sakura(and by extension Naruto and Hinata lol). When Kakashi emphasized Sakura's feelings for him Sasuke was practically stuttering when he responded(among other forshadowing signs), and it made him think of his family bonds, and we know he suppresses and/or avoids bonds to avoid the risk of losing them. If nothing else, you can think of it this way: at the end of each ordeal, Naruto's "philosophy" changes the opponents world view to an almost complete 180; so if Sasuke's denying his feelings for Sakura now...
I couldn't agree more.. but this is all hoping Sasuke doesn't go total apeshit next chapter.. and naruto thinks hes fighting Sasuke over the Kage title seriously.. how dense. Sasuke's prolly going to declare himself Emperor and sentence all Ninjas' arts&craft outlawed or something else outrageous to fit his revolution. I'm happy he was a d-bag today though.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 11:49   Link #82
Aegos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
so if Sasuke's denying his feelings for Sakura now...
I actually doubt this is exactly what Kishi tried to write.

He is not denying his feelings, he doesn't have those feelings. Did you miss the sage's speech ?
Romantic love and family love are two different things and the world is regulary fucked because the Uchiha do not feel love that is "different from family love" and the point of the fight, the hope of the Sage, is that Naruto is going to turn Sasuke's hate into true love.

Sasuke compared Sakura's romantic love to Sasuke's family love, the only love he feels. And it angered him. That's why he is so pissed with Team 7 actually. Their good intention only give him the impression they are trying to take the place of his dead family since he can't help but compare their feelings with his family's

Overall, it is a very awkwardly written storyline. Kishi is definitely out of his league here. He is trying to deal with the "thing that makes Uchiha go bonkers when their eyes power up" Tobirama talked about, but it's turning into a poor man Twilight at best. Making "Sasuke love Sakura without involving Sakura because she is worthless" the solution to save the world (Kaguya most likely went insane for the same reason as Sasuke) is just a grotesque ending. How many of the long time readers would have given up years ago if they knew this would be the ending ?
Aegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 12:07   Link #83
Sinedd
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Send a message via AIM to Sinedd Send a message via Yahoo to Sinedd
Chapter 693: Once Again... (same title with chapter 680). Meaning of the title: Naruto VS. Sasuke. One last battle. The way he ended PART I, same way will end PART II, with Naruto VS. Sasuke.
Sakura is ridiculous, says the same thing she sees Sasuke. Don't you understand girl, that Sasuke doesn't care about you and he doesn't love you? Even if she has grown up, some things remains the same...like Sakura.
This chapter could have been better if Sasuke killed Sakura for real, not a genjutsu. At least she won't talk anymore in the upcoming chapters. As for Kakashi, he doesn't need to involve in this, good thing he's overpowered.
We will found out Sasuke's real intentions and his opinions on what is like to be Hokage. Is he like Madara, just Hogoromo says or different?
They choose to fight in the same place they fought in Part I - Valley of the End. Sasuke standing on Madara's statue and Naruto on Hashirama's statue.
The Final Battle for the title of Hokage begins!
I wished if Sasuke revived Madara, but on second thought...I'm mistaken. This is one-one fight, no one will involve in battle, the moment we all have been waiting for, who is more powerful: Naruto or Sasuke?
Sinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 13:16   Link #84
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinedd View Post
This chapter could have been better if Sasuke killed Sakura for real, not a genjutsu.
agree...

Quote:
As for Kakashi, he doesn't need to involve in this, good thing he's overpowered.
not anymore, he lost kamui+susanoo


Quote:
who is more powerful: Naruto or Sasuke?
in the end, both are equal
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 13:21   Link #85
Artful_Dodger
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegos View Post
He is not denying his feelings, he doesn't have those feelings. Did you miss the sage's speech ?
Romantic love and family love are two different things and the world is regulary fucked because the Uchiha do not feel love that is "different from family love" and the point of the fight, the hope of the Sage, is that Naruto is going to turn Sasuke's hate into true love.
I don't know what translation you read, but that doesn't make sense. "Romantic love" and "family love" as you call them are the same thing within the context of what the sage said. The loss of (any kind) of love in general has potential to turn a person to evil, plain and simple. And where do you get the idea that Uchiha are unable to feel "romantic love"? Since when is Rin an Uchiha?


Quote:
Sasuke compared Sakura's romantic love to Sasuke's family love, the only love he feels. And it angered him.
I don't see where you're getting this "it angered him" idea from either. After the panel where he remenisced about his family, he simply jumped away lol.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 14:40   Link #86
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
lol I'm afraid just like Naruto "getting the rinnegan", this hope/prediction/whatever is going to leave alot of you dissapointed. I think some of you need to read that scene again because this chapter pretty much confirmed Sasuke and Sakura(and by extension Naruto and Hinata lol).
yep. sasuke and sakura is as inevitable at this point as obito being tobi was when kakashi first showed up in front of him in the last battle. people who think otherwise are just reading the bare surface of what's going on here. and yes, naruto and hinata is also inevitable. he will then be able to "change the hyuuga" and keep his promise to neji that way as well. people pushing for other pairings are fighting a losing battle at this point

my only question is what karin's resolution will be now. she will have to somehow turn her attention onto someone else, although it's pretty hard to believe that's possible
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 14:50   Link #87
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Good thing about this chapter. SasuSaku is finally dead!
Its the opposite probably. There's a good reason why Sasuke knocked out Sakura instead of just disregarding her. I think he sees himself as some kind of "benevolent emperor" who will bring peace and prosperity to the world, and he simply thinks that these people around him are just too stupid to understand. And as such i guess he would force Sakura to become his wife and such. Of course for all this one has to be arrogant and self confident to an extreme extent. After all his life was saved like a dozen times in the battle against Tobito-Madara-Kaguya. Even Sakura saved him.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 15:54   Link #88
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegos View Post
I actually doubt this is exactly what Kishi tried to write.

He is not denying his feelings, he doesn't have those feelings. Did you miss the sage's speech ?
Romantic love and family love are two different things and the world is regulary fucked because the Uchiha do not feel love that is "different from family love" and the point of the fight, the hope of the Sage, is that Naruto is going to turn Sasuke's hate into true love.

Sasuke compared Sakura's romantic love to Sasuke's family love, the only love he feels. And it angered him. That's why he is so pissed with Team 7 actually. Their good intention only give him the impression they are trying to take the place of his dead family since he can't help but compare their feelings with his family's

Overall, it is a very awkwardly written storyline. Kishi is definitely out of his league here. He is trying to deal with the "thing that makes Uchiha go bonkers when their eyes power up" Tobirama talked about, but it's turning into a poor man Twilight at best. Making "Sasuke love Sakura without involving Sakura because she is worthless" the solution to save the world (Kaguya most likely went insane for the same reason as Sasuke) is just a grotesque ending. How many of the long time readers would have given up years ago if they knew this would be the ending ?
Yep, yep, and yep. At least Sakura was the reason they took down Kaguya, which is definitely something. She was the first person to attack the totally not worth it fake final boss. Though in a DQ or FF game that's still pretty good status--since they have asspull final bosses anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
lol I'm afraid just like Naruto "getting the rinnegan", this hope/prediction/whatever is going to leave alot of you dissapointed. I think some of you need to read that scene again because this chapter pretty much confirmed Sasuke and Sakura(and by extension Naruto and Hinata lol). When Kakashi emphasized Sakura's feelings for him Sasuke was practically stuttering when he responded(among other forshadowing signs), and it made him think of his family bonds, and we know he suppresses and/or avoids bonds to avoid the risk of losing them. If nothing else, you can think of it this way: at the end of each ordeal, Naruto's "philosophy" changes the opponents world view to an almost complete 180; so if Sasuke's denying his feelings for Sakura now...
They will certainly be disappointed. I completely agree with your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
I don't know what translation you read, but that doesn't make sense. "Romantic love" and "family love" as you call them are the same thing within the context of what the sage said. The loss of (any kind) of love in general has potential to turn a person to evil, plain and simple. And where do you get the idea that Uchiha are unable to feel "romantic love"? Since when is Rin an Uchiha?




I don't see where you're getting this "it angered him" idea from either. After the panel where he remenisced about his family, he simply jumped away lol.
Right. Sasuke already mentioned a long time ago that he felt about Naruto just as he felt about his family in a similar manner. He could have gotten the Mangekyo from killing Naruto, but he had chosen not to do so. He still has bonds with Sakura and he doesn't want to lose them anymore. He had no reason not to kill Sakura. But he didn't kill her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yep. sasuke and sakura is as inevitable at this point as obito being tobi was when kakashi first showed up in front of him in the last battle. people who think otherwise are just reading the bare surface of what's going on here. and yes, naruto and hinata is also inevitable. he will then be able to "change the hyuuga" and keep his promise to neji that way as well. people pushing for other pairings are fighting a losing battle at this point

my only question is what karin's resolution will be now. she will have to somehow turn her attention onto someone else, although it's pretty hard to believe that's possible
I agree as well with both parts. I suppose that in the end... if this all does happen... then it was structurally a bit obvious... from the get-go... it's classier for the MC not to end up with his first love, but with someone else that he learns to appreciate. It's classier for a MC to fall in love with someone that they had a terrible relationship with and manage to overcome that trauma than just to move onto someone else. It just makes a better and more interesting story (even if it could be filled with other things I suppose).

IDK but I like where things are heading...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 20:40   Link #89
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Am I the only one who thinks at this point Sasuke is going to be the "Snape" of the series ?Where he's actually acting evil and the purpose of the battle is to test if Naruto is actually fit for the Hokage position or something stupid like that ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 21:31   Link #90
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The top of the world.
Age: 28
Lol! No offense. But I just can't take this seriously. Sasuke ending with Sakura. I mean the guy just straight up told her, he will never be interested in her in that way! Portraying Sasuke as tsundere is just wrong.

Anyway since the manga will end pretty fast. We'll see who is right!
__________________
My Twitter account! Thanks to Godlike1889 for the sig!
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 22:07   Link #91
Artful_Dodger
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Lol! No offense. But I just can't take this seriously. Sasuke ending with Sakura. I mean the guy just straight up told her, he will never be interested in her in that way! Portraying Sasuke as tsundere is just wrong.

I bet you'd say the same thing if someone told you the ending to the Pein arc back then. I know I used to laugh at people who believed Tobi was really Obito. Just when you think the story wouldn't do something "that" bad, guess again.

Anyway since the manga will end pretty fast. We'll see who is right!
Lets make it interesting. If they end up together, you have to change your avatar and sig to one of Sasuke & Sakura, with a nice quote about love. I can point you to some really nice ones of them if you have trouble picking one out.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 22:33   Link #92
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The top of the world.
Age: 28
I am going to link to this guys post on another forum. Who shares 90% of my opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
Lets make it interesting. If they end up together, you have to change your avatar and sig to one of Sasuke & Sakura, with a nice quote about love. I can point you to some really nice ones of them if you have trouble picking one out.
Lol!

That's going to bi difficult, seeing how I am a missive EW fan!
__________________
My Twitter account! Thanks to Godlike1889 for the sig!

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2014-09-26 at 23:03.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 08:32   Link #93
juve
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
It is pretty disgusting to want them to end up together, TBH.
juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 11:40   Link #94
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
I am going to link to this guys post on another forum. Who shares 90% of my opinion!
an excerpt from his post concerning sasuke's obvious foot tremble: "What? No he isn't. Only one leg has the lines symbolizing movement. If he was trembling both legs would have it. He's turning to face her. -_-"

-that is one of the dumbest things I have read from someone posting about naruto. that poster should not be taken seriously. every subtle nuance must be totally lost on this guy
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 12:26   Link #95
Man of Sin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I know how to read and understand story structure and foreshadowing.
Hagoromo was talking about brotherly love. Not romantic love.
Man of Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 12:35   Link #96
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Soooooo Sasuke hides his feelings for a girl behind physical and mental domestic abuse while the girl passively takes it like a doormat/punching bag shaped like a woman and it's all d'awwwww so cute that he can't be honest?

Seriously?

Do you seriously want to see a relationship between two people come from that kind of behavior? Not only is that a profoundly unhealthy relationship it's actually a bit pitiful too.

I have nothing against the Sasuke/Sakura preference but can you really see a healthy relationship between these two in the future, or that Sakura should be "All is forgiven if you just love me?" No one should have to settle for that in a relationship.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 18:51   Link #97
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: JEEEESUS CHRIIIISTOOOOO
Age: 28
Damn. Kishimoto had it harsh with Sakura.

Also, I hope next chapter starts the long awaited battle. Even Cyber Connect 2 knew it would take place in the Valley of End
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 21:04   Link #98
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere in the 11th dimension
BTW just curious here Sakura said:

"I loved you"

was it past tense in the raws as well or was that left up to the translator. I mean if she only talks in the past tense then it still leaves some wiggle room. TBH I don't care either way cause I dislike both Sakura and Sasuke but it's part of the story so I like to know what's going on with it.
__________________

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 22:15   Link #99
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The top of the world.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
an excerpt from his post concerning sasuke's obvious foot tremble: "What? No he isn't. Only one leg has the lines symbolizing movement. If he was trembling both legs would have it. He's turning to face her. -_-"

-that is one of the dumbest things I have read from someone posting about naruto. that poster should not be taken seriously. every subtle nuance must be totally lost on this guy
And that's your opinion. We all have rights to our own opinion. (And that's what they all our, just opinions. Until the manga shows us. All we can have are opinions.) And no matter how much we think the other is in the wrong. We have to respect different opinions people have.

Here is another interesting read for you!
__________________
My Twitter account! Thanks to Godlike1889 for the sig!
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 10:05   Link #100
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Am I the only one who thinks at this point Sasuke is going to be the "Snape" of the series ?Where he's actually acting evil and the purpose of the battle is to test if Naruto is actually fit for the Hokage position or something stupid like that ?
I got the feeling that he might do something similar: intends to die in the battle but during the battle he wants to teach Naruto about how he should do things as hokage to change the world for the better. But that would mean that he decided that by his own logic he himself bears too much hate to live in the new world. Also he should realize that he cannot be hokage if people don't want him to be. That would also mean he decided to commit suicide the way his brother did. But i think it is more likely that this decision of letting himself killed by Naruto will be born during the battle, and we can expect lot of talking before that. People who fight Naruto often change either at the end of the battle or even during the battle. So i think during the battle Sasuke will definitely change a lot. But what i would like if it was not just the usual and by now boring "Naruto changes the enemy during the battle" theme. Rather it would be cool if finally someone manages to change Naruto too. And by that i don't mean that Naruto's beliefs and his way of the ninja changes, but rather he takes a more realisic view of the world and by the end of the battle Naruto matures a lot. So in practice Naruto would still belive in the same things but he would act more pragmatically. Which might also mean that he would give the hokage title to Sasuke if that is the best way to succeed. I would rather like if Naruto became some kind of spiritual leader and not an actual military or political leader as kages are. Then he would go on a journey to bring back "ninshu" to existence, something created by the Sage but buried below the power of ninjutsu. Meanwhile Sasuke could be a hokage and do the military and political stuff. Well that would be a non-boring ending for the manga in my opinion.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2014-09-28 at 10:19.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.