AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-10-28, 15:52   Link #141
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Well, the dubs certainly but (unfortunately) helped the series popularity. Once younger audiences see the older kids watching it, they go "maybe I should try this "Nayroodo!"XDD

Then the Narutardization spreads across the globe, making a monkey out of the gory version with some of the best voice acting out there and the better unedited graphics.
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 16:57   Link #142
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i think that Dub version of Naruto made it even more popular, because it didn't ruined the show by it...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 17:35   Link #143
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
i think that Dub version of Naruto made it even more popular, because it didn't ruined the show by it...
The only reason being is because the masses could watch Naruto dubbed without computer accsess. It's not like some people had a choice to watch it online if they wanted to.
Old 2007-10-29, 17:41   Link #144
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Its a simple show for simple people just like Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, or any other bubblegum anime show with no decent story or plot line that can be exploited for every thing its worth.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 17:48   Link #145
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppa View Post
Its a simple show for simple people just like Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, or any other bubblegum anime show with no decent story or plot line that can be exploited for every thing its worth.
No comment on the other series, but how can you say that about Naruto? Though I do admit it has its faults, but not decent story? That's just lol tbh.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 17:51   Link #146
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
There are so many sub stories about all the characters, and if you knew more about them it'd be hard to believe you said that. XD
Old 2007-10-29, 18:29   Link #147
iBeast

Quote:
The story and characters is the only thing that is going for the Naruto series.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 01:20   Link #148
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

If you can call it a story. Naruto especially as of late has had so many loose ends and some unanswered questions that has lead those who watch/read it to draw up their own conclusion (i.e. Hidan, Kabutomaru, etc.)
Old 2007-10-30, 11:20   Link #149
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
If you can call it a story. Naruto especially as of late has had so many loose ends and some unanswered questions that has lead those who watch/read it to draw up their own conclusion (i.e. Hidan, Kabutomaru, etc.)
Well it isn't finished yet...The mystery has a point.
Old 2007-10-30, 12:26   Link #150
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

I honestly think that if Naruto weren't dubbed to begin with, most of the otaku or other fans would watch it more than the masses. Now that it's been dubbed, all these videos are showing up on websites and other places. So really, it all boils down to how much Naruto becomes further commercialized. If just the Japanese version and the manga were released then no one would know about it except for a certain group of people. The ones who normally watch stuff online or read manga without having have seen it on TV to begin with. But now it's available in all these other languages so of course it's going to be ridiculously popular. (Since it was edited for younger audiences then most will be able to see it without parental complaints or anything.)

Long Winded, I know...but just a thought.
Old 2007-10-30, 18:05   Link #151
Reppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
No comment on the other series, but how can you say that about Naruto? Though I do admit it has its faults, but not decent story? That's just lol tbh.
Simple you can take just about the entire plot and story of Pokemon change a few words around and you got Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura View Post
There are so many sub stories about all the characters, and if you knew more about them it'd be hard to believe you said that. XD
Now, be honest how many of them are really relavent. I'm sure favorite color and food are not super contributing to the water thin plot. While giving the add water and stir character that turn out to be popular more screen time is not a reasonable call for a side story. More like just distracting you from the fact that your watching a lame show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_hai View Post
The story and characters is the only thing that is going for the Naruto series.
The story is basic, so it dosn't have that. The character all fall under the catagory of I want to be the very best pokemon master, I mean ninja master there ever was. Then the reasons for it.

Quote:
Thank you. for your support.

Quote:
I honestly think that if Naruto weren't dubbed to begin with, most of the otaku or other fans would watch it more than the masses. Now that it's been dubbed, all these videos are showing up on websites and other places. So really, it all boils down to how much Naruto becomes further commercialized. If just the Japanese version and the manga were released then no one would know about it except for a certain group of people. The ones who normally watch stuff online or read manga without having have seen it on TV to begin with. But now it's available in all these other languages so of course it's going to be ridiculously popular. (Since it was edited for younger audiences then most will be able to see it without parental complaints or anything.)

Long Winded, I know...but just a thought.
Naruto is a commercial anime from jump street. Full of bright colors and simple concepts to catch the attention of kids or simple people. Not dubbing it would not have done much.
Old 2007-10-30, 18:20   Link #152
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Simple you can take just about the entire plot and story of Pokemon change a few words around and you got Naruto.
I suggest you watch it. Since it seems you where knocked out when you where watching...

Quote:
Now, be honest how many of them are really relavent. I'm sure favorite color and food are not super contributing to the water thin plot. While giving the add water and stir character that turn out to be popular more screen time is not a reasonable call for a side story. More like just distracting you from the fact that your watching a lame show.
Well you get understand the actions of the characters. Why they do this or that. They have their reason to fight which makes it interesting. If the enemies where just mindless pupets I'd agree with you, but that isn't the case here. So yeah again it seems you where not paying attention.

Quote:
The story is basic, so it dosn't have that. The character all fall under the catagory of I want to be the very best pokemon master, I mean ninja master there ever was. Then the reasons for it.
Well if that's what you got out of it..Again try to watch it with your eyes open. There's also friendship, trust, betrayel, different morals and value's. Naruto is not just trying to be no1. He's trying to be accepted, he's also trying to help his friends and foe's, etc.

Quote:
Naruto is a commercial anime from jump street. Full of bright colors and simple concepts to catch the attention of kids or simple people. Not dubbing it would not have done much.
Can't say much about this one, but it seems your mind isn't developed enough to even grasp the simple concepts.

GTFO if you haven't seen or read the series.

Last edited by 2H-Dragon; 2007-10-30 at 18:31.
Old 2007-10-30, 19:00   Link #153
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:

In YOUR opinion it's a lame show, but the characters are awesome thank you very much. It has character development, that if you failed to notice, then WOW. Then again, I must not the only one here who's apparently not paying attention. The characters are one of the only REASONS the story is there.

It's bigger in Japan, and it only got more popular since it was dubbed for OUR masses to see. No one would care about it if it wasn't dubbed on TV, or raped by toonami.

In YOUR opinion it's a lame show, but the characters are awesome thank you very much. It has character development, that if you failed to notice, then WOW. Then again, I must not the only one here who's apparently not paying attention. The characters are one of the only REASONS the story is there.

Besides, if the show is so lame and uninteresting like you said, why are you trolling about it here?
Old 2007-10-30, 19:06   Link #154
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Thank you. for your support.

Please don't misunderstand. I wasn't backing you up, it was my obseravtion from watching the diarrhea they air on CN and then the Youtube stuff isn't much better. If I would have known I was walking blindly into a fangirl face-off I would have said nothing
Old 2007-10-30, 19:09   Link #155
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

For me, I think Naruto is popular because of the plot. The plot is very intriging, and we've been getting multiple enemies instead of this one bad guy doing all this pointless fighting against our protagonists. The whole deal with the Akatsuki seems much more believable. I also like how the good guys are not always the dominant ones in a fight. Good guys die too, like Asuma and the third hokage. This adds to the suspense (although of course I end up in grieve for those lost characters)
-MotokoAoyama- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 19:11   Link #156
JustInn14
moo

I have NO flipping clue. My sister loves watching it, and thinks it the ONLY good anime ever! Not true!
JustInn14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 19:26   Link #157
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

I agree that the reason for the Naruto hate is only because of the of the mainstreamness. Obviously most of us on animesuki and anime online communities are much older, than the average american cartoon network watching kid with his naruto headband he got from toys r us!

Honestly, I like the diversity of the Naruto world, characters and skills. Somehow it also makes sense in the context of the world.

A character who has impressed me, and many others is Gai and Rock Lee. Obviously favorites for their homosexual attitudes, but also with their wacky and somehow good comic relief moments. Still they manage to fit in, with the serious plot, as some of the strongest of the ninjas in all of Naruto.

Another thing I like is how much of the progression is not super fast paced. I think it sucks that the episodes are so short. I mean.. like this week. I wanted to scream because it ended so soon.
But I like how it took Naruto many episodes to learn Rasengan for example.
This shows struggle, and makes the show not seem like hey-naruto-just-learned-another-attack every episode!
It took a long time for the show to really get moving. its amazing thinking about, that Naruto was just a prequel.. just a little pre-story. and that shippuuden might be aswell.
It really seems like that this show will only first start, when Naruto becomes a real adult. Like Kakashi.
I think this.. naruto and naruto shippuuden is actually all just backstory. and it will be nothing compared to whats in store for the series in the future.

Naruto is bright and colorful. true. sometimes it also preach morals a bit to much. And its shonen anime to the core. and many of the cast probably should have been killed by now. But hey...

we will just keep watching until its not fun anymore. Like with the Bleach manga.. that series is being completely killed from what I hear!
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 19:28   Link #158
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
i have no idea why is soo popular..it very annoying to watch. it like ever time i see Naruto on tv or pic of it or the VA it give me a killer head ache.i use to like it about 3 or 2 year when first show on tv . but now it annyoing. it like i cant run away form Naruto fans and stuff.
plush the Dub Va of Naruto ( the character ) it soo annoying.
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 19:51   Link #159
Reppa

Quote:
I suggest you watch it. Since it seems you where knocked out when you where watching...
In the Words of Sean Connery "I'm still waiting to be impressed"

Quote:
Well you get understand the actions of the characters. Why they do this or that. They have their reason to fight which makes it interesting. If the enemies where just mindless pupets I'd agree with you, but that isn't the case here. So yeah again it seems you where not paying attention.
Adding mustard does not make a bologna sandwich any more or less the same thing. Going into graphic detail about all the characters for no reason is just Dragging Ball it along. When you can figure out what the deal is over 80% of the time and be dead on. Its safe to same the story could be better by far.

Quote:
Well if that's what you got out of it..Again try to watch it with your eyes open. There's also friendship, trust, betrayel, different morals and value's. Naruto is not just trying to be no1. He's trying to be accepted, he's also trying to help his friends and foe's, etc.
Its your typical Shonen Jump goofy kid, boy to even bigger and taller BOY manga. And you eat it up like.

Quote:
Can't say much about this one, but it seems your mind isn't developed enough to even grasp the simple concepts.
GTFO if you haven't seen or read the series.
Sorry that I did not get impressed with the same crap different toilet story and characters, setting. If your impressed with simple remixed concepts story and childish and below average concepts that is on you.

Quote:
It's bigger in Japan, and it only got more popular since it was dubbed for OUR masses to see. No one would care about it if it wasn't dubbed on TV, or raped by toonami.
That the point were not Japanese. And falling for the same crap over and over again is kind of repugnant. At least with Batman they are reasonable enough to keep the same title and switch up the story every one and a while. Compared to just taking Dragon Ball Z changing the words and names and places.

Quote:
Simple misunderstanding they have all that. Its is just that its been seen before in so many of the popular series that it is recycled to the point where it lost its luster .(for lack of better terms)

Quote:
Besides, if the show is so lame and uninteresting like you said, why are you trolling about it here?
Request of a friend. He argued that people too dumb to figure out they are getting something they already have. I bet that people know what they have is recycled crap and just enjoy it for there younger friends sake. Kind of like how you don't tell a 5 year old there is no such thing as Santa. He bet that is not the case people are just that dumb. So he picked and anime and Naruto happen to be one I get to prove my point on.

Quote:
Please don't misunderstand. I wasn't backing you up, it was my obseravtion from watching the diarrhea they air on CN and then the Youtube stuff isn't much better. If I would have known I was walking blindly into a fangirl face-off I would have said nothing
Once again support my idea that people are smart. And I thank you for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustInn14 View Post
I have NO flipping clue. My sister loves watching it, and thinks it the ONLY good anime ever! Not true!
That proves my point, I win. Thank you all for your support. for a hot second I thought I was going to lose.
Old 2007-10-30, 20:21   Link #160
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
In the Words of Sean Connery "I'm still waiting to be impressed"

Adding mustard does not make a bologna sandwich any more or less the same thing. Going into graphic detail about all the characters for no reason is just Dragging Ball it along. When you can figure out what the deal is over 80% of the time and be dead on. Its safe to same the story could be better by far.

Its your typical Shonen Jump goofy kid, boy to even bigger and taller BOY manga. And you eat it up like.

Sorry that I did not get impressed with the same crap different toilet story and characters, setting. If your impressed with simple remixed concepts story and childish and below average concepts that is on you.

That the point were not Japanese. And falling for the same crap over and over again is kind of repugnant. At least with Batman they are reasonable enough to keep the same title and switch up the story every one and a while. Compared to just taking Dragon Ball Z changing the words and names and places.

Simple misunderstanding they have all that. Its is just that its been seen before in so many of the popular series that it is recycled to the point where it lost its luster .(for lack of better terms)

Request of a friend. He argued that people too dumb to figure out they are getting something they already have. I bet that people know what they have is recycled crap and just enjoy it for there younger friends sake. Kind of like how you don't tell a 5 year old there is no such thing as Santa. He bet that is not the case people are just that dumb. So he picked and anime and Naruto happen to be one I get to prove my point on.

Once again support my idea that people are smart. And I thank you for it.

That proves my point, I win. Thank you all for your support. for a hot second I thought I was going to lose.
Wow...
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote