AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-21, 00:21   Link #1101
Tayimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
Well depends i guess i mean without using yoki in the Cid & Galk vs Clare fight , Clare did have a minor amount of trouble. Raki as he is now would beat them without even needing to try.

It would be a good fight to see
I don't know . . . Raki might be able to beat Clare if she didn't use Yoki back then, but now as a Ghost I can't see that happening. Actually, I want him to go up against the current Number Nine, Shadow Hunter Nina. God I hate her . . .
Old 2008-06-21, 00:28   Link #1102
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayimus View Post
I don't know . . . Raki might be able to beat Clare if she didn't use Yoki back then, but now as a Ghost I can't see that happening. Actually, I want him to go up against the current Number Nine, Shadow Hunter Nina. God I hate her . . .
She's arrogant and has a weird hairstyle lol so i agree i don't really like Nina. Then again i don't like most of the new generation of claymores. Nina, Audrey & Rachael i don't really like lol.

I guess thats also a technicality. Back then her suppressing her yoki meant she was pretty much a normal human with extreme training. Now she can act like she is without yoki pills without actually releasing yoki.

But Clare would never intend to harm Raki seriously and Raki won't attack Clare with the intention to kill , but i'd still like to see a fight with Raki going all out against Clare to compare.
Old 2008-06-21, 01:33   Link #1103
Tayimus

Quote:
She's arrogant and has a weird hairstyle lol so i agree i don't really like Nina. Then again i don't like most of the new generation of claymores. Nina, Audrey & Rachael i don't really like lol.
Ditto, for the liking of the new Gen, except Clarice and Miata. I hope though that, however Raki got this strong, he is good enough to contend with a Number Nine.

Quote:
But Clare would never intend to harm Raki seriously and Raki won't attack Clare with the intention to kill , but i'd still like to see a fight with Raki going all out against Clare to compare.
Me too, just as a what if scenario.
Old 2008-06-21, 02:03   Link #1104
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think the Audrey/Rachel combination is actually pretty funny. It reminds me somewhat of Sophia and Noel in that one is tomboyish and uses aweful language and the other is respectful, except that these two actually work together and seem to get along. I loved the constant bickering between Noel and Sophia, especially how they would say awful things about each other all the time. I think Rachel's haircut is as butch as it gets and she reminds me of Guile from streetfighter. I happen to like Audrey though. Of course I like other characters far more. Like Raphaela... Teresa, Irene, Clare, Galatea, Miria, Helen, Deneve, Miata, Clarice... well you get the idea...
Old 2008-06-21, 07:00   Link #1105
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

I think Rachel should just drop dead, Audrey is okay, I like her. And I also want to learn more about her "Gentle Sword".
Well back to the duel between Clare and Raki. I guess when Raki met Clare, he might have been able to win against a Clare that doesn't use Yoki, if he were as strong as he is now.
But - in these 7 years, Clare has not used Yoki ONCE. And she still got ALOT stronger. Maybe even pretty close to her partially awakened self (not sure tho).
Raki wouldn't stand much of a chance to win. It might be a interesting duel, but i predict Raki's certain defeat.
Well, in the end, we still don't know how strong he really got, but he manages to finish a normal Yoma relatively fast...

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^
Old 2008-06-21, 07:12   Link #1106
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
At this point I've narrowed it down to a few different explenation for Raki's new founded adnormal abilities. However the little girl with the Yoma detecting ablility is a heavy suggestion that he might have something to do with the organization.

Theory #1

Priscilla's perpetual randome molestation of Raki rubbed off on him. While Isley was secretly slipping Yoma in the kids food. (That or a blood transfuson from Priscilla or Isley at some point.) The kid travelig with him could be the child of Priscilla and Raki.

Theory #2

Raki could have found someone from the oranization or Rubel (Remember Rubel Knew about Raki and informed Clare that he had got taked north) while looking for Clare, and proved he is as powerful as any of their claymores on his own. The girl traveling with him could be a claymore in training that was never good at fighting but good at yoma detecting. They sent her with Raki to compensate for her lack of ablities. This coul mean Her and Raki together are a ranked Claymore for the organization.

But those are just what I came up with. I'm open to ideas.
Old 2008-06-21, 08:18   Link #1107
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppa View Post
At this point I've narrowed it down to a few different explenation for Raki's new founded adnormal abilities. However the little girl with the Yoma detecting ablility is a heavy suggestion that he might have something to do with the organization.

Theory #1

Priscilla's perpetual randome molestation of Raki rubbed off on him. While Isley was secretly slipping Yoma in the kids food. (That or a blood transfuson from Priscilla or Isley at some point.) The kid travelig with him could be the child of Priscilla and Raki.
While i disagree with the child theory, Isley could of done something to change Raki. Would be interesting if they mixed yoma blood into Raki which would give him most of the benefits of a half yoma/awakened being (strength + speed) but due to lack of actual yoma flesh in him means he can't use yoki (no sensing) and just the same no risk of awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppa View Post
Theory #2

Raki could have found someone from the oranization or Rubel (Remember Rubel Knew about Raki and informed Clare that he had got taked north) while looking for Clare, and proved he is as powerful as any of their claymores on his own. The girl traveling with him could be a claymore in training that was never good at fighting but good at yoma detecting. They sent her with Raki to compensate for her lack of ablities. This coul mean Her and Raki together are a ranked Claymore for the organization.

But those are just what I came up with. I'm open to ideas.
While possible of a master blaster (from mad max 3 ) combo , i don't think the organizations involved since the village hadn't payed anything for Raki to come to them and his acting rouge (traveling all over the place looking for Clare).

Though it would finally settle that Raki is stronger than Clarice if he was number 46 lol
Old 2008-06-21, 12:05   Link #1108
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

ohh~h a raki vs. clare discussion eh? clare has a major advantage but raki i think has a lot of potential to be at par with her or even more if he became a claymore.

but i wouldn't be happy if he became one cuz we need one major character to remain human while the others are half yoma and such.

i do see them (raki & clare) becoming enemies though... if he (raki) decides to go over to isley and priscilla in later chapters after clare finds out about the details about raki.

imagine clare yelling after raki when priscilla wraps her arms around raki and takes him away with isley while all the ghosts looking on shocked and dumbfounded. ^^;

good stuff!!
Old 2008-06-21, 12:19   Link #1109
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
While i disagree with the child theory, Isley could of done something to change Raki. Would be interesting if they mixed yoma blood into Raki which would give him most of the benefits of a half yoma/awakened being (strength + speed) but due to lack of actual yoma flesh in him means he can't use yoki (no sensing) and just the same no risk of awakening
No one will accept that Raki might have gotten a little something something. There is also the possiblity that kid has just been eating a lot of beef.

Quote:
While possible of a master blaster (from mad max 3 ) combo , i don't think the organizations involved since the village hadn't payed anything for Raki to come to them and his acting rouge (traveling all over the place looking for Clare).

Though it would finally settle that Raki is stronger than Clarice if he was number 46 lol
That is open to debate with all the new info. Then agian you can't have one male fighter when all the rest are female. Raki's at that point would just be a tool.
Old 2008-06-21, 12:43   Link #1110
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
ohh~h a raki vs. clare discussion eh? clare has a major advantage but raki i think has a lot of potential to be at par with her or even more if he became a claymore.

but i wouldn't be happy if he became one cuz we need one major character to remain human while the others are half yoma and such.

i do see them (raki & clare) becoming enemies though... if he (raki) decides to go over to isley and priscilla in later chapters after clare finds out about the details about raki.

imagine clare yelling after raki when priscilla wraps her arms around raki and takes him away with isley while all the ghosts looking on shocked and dumbfounded. ^^;

good stuff!!
I can see it happening.
Old 2008-06-21, 12:47   Link #1111
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Priscilla won't take Raki anywhere. It's more like that she will follow Raki anywhere^^

Old 2008-06-21, 13:03   Link #1112
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post

good stuff!!
while i hope they don't become enemies , i can see that last part happening sometime it would give Clare all the more reason to hate Priscilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
Priscilla won't take Raki anywhere. It's more like that she will follow Raki anywhere^^
lol thinking about it that way, Raki is more in charge of the Isley & Priscilla alliance

Last edited by evil_kenshin; 2008-06-21 at 13:27.
Old 2008-06-21, 16:03   Link #1113
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

@all: xD okay. First: Raki is far too loyal to Clare as to be dragged away from her by a Priscilla. No matter what happened during the 7 years time skip.
Second: If Raki would have to decide between Clare or Priscilla&Isley, it would be obvious where he would want to go, wouldn't it?
Third: Although this is a manga, it's still relativley easy to predict what happens/happened between Raki and Clare. I don't mean how they will see each other etc etc. What I mean is, that Raki would prefer Clare above anyone else. Also that Raki would rather die together with Clare, when she was close to awakening back then in the cathedral. I knew that from the very first moment, when the thought of her soon awakening surfaced. Such things are always easy to predict in fantasy mangas.

Old 2008-06-21, 17:39   Link #1114
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

@ savanah - yes, i'm well aware of that but i will say this; raki will be a force to be reckon with later on. isley is up to something and that something is raki like riful said that she found 'something' interesting when she met clare.

or maybe it is the child raki has with him. who knows?? :P
Old 2008-06-21, 17:51   Link #1115
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Yeah Raki will be important in fights too I guess. Tho somehow i don't like that idea :S

Old 2008-06-21, 18:00   Link #1116
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
We'll probably find out if he's human or not depending on how much he eats.

he seemed to have an apetite when he was a kid.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-21, 19:55   Link #1117
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Well, "Raki the Cook with his Crackpot". Said that bunch'a times already.

Last edited by Savannah; 2010-05-03 at 15:29.
Old 2008-06-21, 20:04   Link #1118
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly do you mean by "the cook with his crackpot"? Is it some kind of pop culture reference?

Oh, and thanks to chapter 80, I finally get to say something I've always to say:

I liked Raki before he was cool.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner

Last edited by NobodyMan; 2008-06-21 at 20:24.
Old 2008-06-21, 20:53   Link #1119
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Nah, it's just that Raki is a good cook, or at least likes to cook. And Crackpot is a pun at how fast he moves. There was somewhere some random post about him in zerker mode, as answer to that I wrote something like "Raki the Cook with his Crackpot".

BTW, nice sig there xD

Old 2008-06-21, 21:20   Link #1120
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Ah, ok, Thanks for clearing that up!

Thanks for the compliment on my sig, I like it quite a bit myself, of course it wasn't made by me, if that's not already obvious.

I find it very humorous that Raki actually looks more feminine than Rachel, which doesn't help her reputation at all. I think the only character that is manlier than her is Duph.

Of course I'm very satisfied on how Raki looks in the 7-year timeskip, and don't think he's that feminine at all, just more so than Rachel.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Closed Thread