Old 2014-11-14, 22:02   Link #6501
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for Matchup, Setto:
Old 2014-11-14, 22:03   Link #6502
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Spoiler for Matchup, Setto:

yea call me 3 months or so when this is over cause i aint watching this junk. The moment they brought out the cards im like done and even worse when Elfman won based on sweat. that was terrible.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 22:11   Link #6503
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
yea call me 3 months or so when this is over cause i aint watching this junk. The moment they brought out the cards im like done and even worse when Elfman won based on sweat. that was terrible.
I laughed as how bad that card game setting was. I went like, ok, someone's gotta research me who voices Scorpio now, if it's the same actor or a new one, because I need to know if it's a VA that's done a card game show for my joke to work.

Actually scratch that, if they turn out to be playing Weiss Schwarz, I'm gonna laugh so hard>v<.

Last edited by MAX_COLA_POWER!; 2014-11-14 at 22:31.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 22:29   Link #6504
ginger02

lol at the card game. I like how even though they have new goals and are evil, they're still quirky spirits in the end.

Looks like Wendy vs. Aquarius next week. Was imagining Gray or Juvia vs her, but this seems better.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 22:35   Link #6505
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You gotta imagine that for every spirit being defeated, they're sent to where our Spirit King Norio Wakamoto is, in their normal forms, and he looks at them before laying the smack down punishment going *shine on corner of eye* Old Friend....
Old 2014-11-14, 22:42   Link #6506
ginger02

Oh yeah he's still missing. Just as long as he's not sealed up in some pyramid I'm good.

I like at the beginning the talks about freedom, and how humans don't understand what true freedom is about. Certainly some do, but I'm sure most do take it for granted until it's taken away from them. Not too shocked they knew they would die, but I wonder what they're planning on doing.

lol it was kind of funny when Leo talked about how they are more powerful than humans, yet have to serve them. It's only funny to me since I'm playing and watching pokemon right now, and the same thought goes through my mind.
Old 2014-11-14, 22:51   Link #6507
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I laughed as how bad that card game setting was. I went like, ok, someone's gotta research me who voices Scorpio now, if it's the same actor or a new one, because I need to know if it's a VA that's done a card game show for my joke to work.

Actually scratch that, if they turn out to be playing Weiss Schwarz, I'm gonna laugh so hard>v<.
The official website says he's still played by Daisuke Kishio, the same guy who plays Loke.

Anyways, this is a definite step up from last week's episode. Even better was that they let Elfman get the first victory, even if it was one of those weird filler ideas (he beat Taurus by sweating on him). For better or worse, we can at least guarantee the battles won't all be the same; I mean, we have an archery contest, a dance battle, a quiz show, and yes, a children's card game.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 22:59   Link #6508
ginger02

If Erza doesn't use her bow I'll be very disappointed. Especially since I still have to watch the movie.
Old 2014-11-14, 23:19   Link #6509
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
The official website says he's still played by Daisuke Kishio, the same guy who plays Loke.

Anyways, this is a definite step up from last week's episode. Even better was that they let Elfman get the first victory, even if it was one of those weird filler ideas (he beat Taurus by sweating on him). For better or worse, we can at least guarantee the battles won't all be the same; I mean, we have an archery contest, a dance battle, a quiz show, and yes, a children's card game.
Gotta be honest last week was slightly better. The new spirits at least made last week kinda funny even though it was mostly stupid. This week was horrible.
Lets be honest they get to the chamber and what i gotta think 10 minutes later the guild is assembled ready to fight. Sorry dont buy it that quickly.
The sweat thing had me shaking my head almost as badly as the card game thing.
I admit that Sadist Virgo is kinda funny and props to Loke for looking kinda boss but everyone else just doesnt work. Chibi-Aquarius is damn creepy

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 23:32   Link #6510
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Gotta be honest last week was slightly better. The new spirits at least made last week kinda funny even though it was mostly stupid. This week was horrible.
Lets be honest they get to the chamber and what i gotta think 10 minutes later the guild is assembled ready to fight. Sorry dont buy it that quickly.
The sweat thing had me shaking my head almost as badly as the card game thing.
I admit that Sadist Virgo is kinda funny and props to Loke for looking kinda boss but everyone else just doesnt work. Chibi-Aquarius is damn creepy
Different opinions I guess. I thought it was better than last weeks. They explained how they found them, so I was fine with it. Warren tends to get some spotlight in the filler arcs.
I personally like chibi aquarius partly since she is creepy, but I find that interesting.
Old 2014-11-15, 03:23   Link #6511
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I know I threw in my two cents, but...

*sees Hisui and Arcadios wearing pumpkin masks* "What's the king doing here? And why are there two of him?"

It was at that moment that I knew this episode would hurt. For once, can the filler writers just make the characters...NOT stupid?
I actually laughed at that bit. The rest of the episode was pretty bad though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
And you know what's worst? Natsu said he traced their smell. How can he not know who they are. =_=
I figured Hisui just smells like the King, though they should still be different.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 04:22   Link #6512
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
I figured Hisui just smells like the King, though they should still be different.
Hisui might be possible but Arcadios.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 12:03   Link #6513
ookamigirl

Natsu & Co. crashed the celestial spirits meeting.
Nobody was happy about that.
Interesting that they knew about only 12 days of living.
Incredible that they didn't care.
Those fights were bound to happen..
It sure is gonna be fun watching them.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 17:09   Link #6514
MCAL

TBH, I much rather watch quirky battles with extremely quirky Celestial Spirits, then the boring predictability of the Starry Sky filler arc.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 21:29   Link #6515
ginger02

Hmm I liked the mystery of the KotSS arc though. We'll see which one I like more in the end. Michelle was probably the shining beacon in the arc, looking back.
Old 2014-11-15, 21:55   Link #6516
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
TBH, I much rather watch quirky battles with extremely quirky Celestial Spirits, then the boring predictability of the Starry Sky filler arc.
I think Starry Sky had more-complex plotting and troop movements. In fact, most arcs have the characters running around a shared map to find their fights, and then going on to crash other people's fights if they still have fuel. This Eclipse Spirit arc feels downright lazy in comparison, with the whole guild showing up right on cue to be assigned 1-on-1 matchups in separate dimensions where they can't support each other.

That said, I am looking forward to some of the quirkier matchups that've just been set up
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 23:23   Link #6517
MCAL

To be clear, I did like the Starry Sky arc, it just had quite a few problems.
Old 2014-11-21, 22:20   Link #6518
MCAL

Well that was boring... Though I did like how Wendy used her attack to save Aquarius.

Next episode at least looks to be better.
Old 2014-11-21, 22:30   Link #6519
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I`ll give the spirits some credit. They actually see these dragon slayers flying and attack the obvious weak point. Might as well focus on the cats that are pretty weak.

Lucy....no comment.

It wasn't the most exciting matchup, but Wendy and mini-Aquarius hanging out was cute. And yeah it was a nice save by Wendy to cushion the fall for Aquarius and herself.
Old 2014-11-21, 22:35   Link #6520
ginger02

I wish there was more depth to it, but it was okay. Kind of boring. So far I prefer the KotSS arc for the mystery it brought. But I didn't feel that way till later on.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen