AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2017-01-15, 18:37   Link #16561
ImperialFlameGod8190

As everybody pretty much said it was far too easy. I thought it would at least be tricky for some of the time. Well in the end it's resolved and now the family fued can continue

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 04:18   Link #16562
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It was okay. Irene's logic wasn't flawed, because she didn't expect Wendy to actually use her old body (which was, of course, FAR stronger than Wendy's, but not human). Mashima got to draw evil centuries-old Wendy shots, Wendy's body basically got thrashed AGAIN and, by the end of the chapter, Irene has yet to lose the fight.

I'd say that's progress, compared to any other fight involving Erza :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 11:23   Link #16563
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh thank God that Wendy didn't died...
I'm afraid that Wendy might commit suicide with Eileen's body to bring Eileen down together... or she might left out dying in Eileen's body

now Erza.. finish your mom or bring her back to her senses
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 22:13   Link #16564
immblueversion

So just to recap, we've had three chapters of a proper Erza/Irene fight (not counting two flashback chapters), and a fourth chapter on the way. My guess is next week will end the fight. Still, having this fight go on for longer than two chapters can't make me shake the feeling that it's not as engaging as a mother/daughter fight should be. I feel Erza's character is too resolute in this scenario. The whole confrontation with her mother and exposition of her past have sparked no change in her, save refortifying what she already felt beforehand. It just seems like an empty conflict.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 13:27   Link #16565
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I'm afraid that Wendy might commit suicide with Eileen's body to bring Eileen down together... or she might left out dying in Eileen's body

Die? Main characters to die? Lol. Mashima wouldn't do it at all
Old 2017-01-20, 14:35   Link #16566
ozman

one punch erza!spoiler said that!:P
ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 06:26   Link #16567
B214

Read chapter.
Reaction: I'll just wait till next week to process any decent thoughts if i managed to fine one.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 06:44   Link #16568
Sixth
Hu Tao

Apparently, being "it is Erza" doesn't really satisfied her that much, so she decided to push her feats further in the end of this chapter.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 11:09   Link #16569
immblueversion

Welp, Irene has finally done some "strongest female Spriggan wizard" stuff. She can get Erza'd now.

Old 2017-01-21, 12:07   Link #16570
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

Please, when was the last time someone died here apart from Makarov who was ancient to begin with?

Even Gray/Juvia suicide attempt failed.

So much time passed since I last picked the manga and nothing changed... at all. Author does not learn and I'm off again.
Old 2017-01-21, 14:47   Link #16571
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Please, when was the last time someone died here apart from Makarov who was ancient to begin with?

Even Gray/Juvia suicide attempt failed.

So much time passed since I last picked the manga and nothing changed... at all. Author does not learn and I'm off again.
I think it's more accurate to say, "Thank goodness Hiro isn't trying to make us think that Wendy is dead when she's not," which is rather welcome given these recent developments. Not that that's stopping me from expecting Makarov to hop back to life any chapter now, after the stuff Hiro's pulled.

Old 2017-01-21, 22:55   Link #16572
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well of course we're going to have Erza fight a freaking meteor . Better question is what the hell is Zeref doing? Is he just cool with this tactical move of potentially wrecking the area with a meteor?

Oh well I suppose somehow Erza will avoid dying from a meteor. And then finally Acnologia will show up and freaking kill Eileen. With her in dragon mode that seems about the only way she's going down. Unless somehow Erza's self-sacrifice will touch Eileen and make her stop being a jerk....which probably won't happen.

One positive for Wendy being taken out of the fight early. She doesn't get her bones smashed...Though that's more Erza's fault than anything else. Remember when she had armor? Is she just addicted to wearing the no defense cloth outfit now?
Old 2017-01-21, 23:10   Link #16573
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Though that's more Erza's fault than anything else. Remember when she had armor? Is she just addicted to wearing the no defense cloth outfit now?
For some reason apparently the cloth look is supposed to be her strongest offensive situation (which makes no freaking sense)

But this is just ridiculous how nerfed these guys are.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2017-01-21, 23:32   Link #16574
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
For some reason apparently the cloth look is supposed to be her strongest offensive situation (which makes no freaking sense)

But this is just ridiculous how nerfed these guys are.
That's hardly an issue; it's been explained during her fight with Azuma that by ditching her armor, she can concentrate all of her magic power into her sword instead. From this, we can conclude her armor requires magic not only to summon, but to constantly keep outside the pocket dimension she keeps it all in.

Old 2017-01-22, 00:02   Link #16575
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
That's hardly an issue; it's been explained during her fight with Azuma that by ditching her armor, she can concentrate all of her magic power into her sword instead. From this, we can conclude her armor requires magic not only to summon, but to constantly keep outside the pocket dimension she keeps it all in.
Nah, they just need magic to fuel their powers.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 09:08   Link #16576
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
I get all that well in the end it seems Eileen's gonna fall to another bizarre situation. But before i go i'm gonna say this....

Eileen used Draco Meteor

....... I REGRET NOTHING

Old 2017-01-22, 09:13   Link #16577
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I get all that well in the end it seems Eileen's gonna fall to another bizarre situation. But before i go i'm gonna say this....

Eileen used Draco Meteor

....... I REGRET NOTHING
You're not the first to come up with the Pokémon analogy. I read someone compare this scenario to a fight between a 1HP Xerneas vs. Reshiram.

Old 2017-01-22, 09:47   Link #16578
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
You're not the first to come up with the Pokémon analogy. I read someone compare this scenario to a fight between a 1HP Xerneas vs. Reshiram.
Hahaha that's a good one.

Old 2017-01-23, 00:46   Link #16579
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I feel for Eileen.

Hope she doesn't die and reconcile with Erza and apologize to FT. But she kind of caused Makarov's death.......
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 04:31   Link #16580
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I almost want Eileen to go all Madara on Erza and say "what about a second one?".
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen