Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2020-12-06, 23:23   Link #381
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
Wow, making up facts now?
I based it on Klashikari's post on previous page. He knows the VN, he admitted that Hanyuu's skill is questionable and he never said that Rika ever try to ask Hanyuu to follow Tomitake on the Wata-night.

Now, if you also have read the VN and say that Rika did try to ask Hanyuu to follow Tomitake on the Wata-night, I will reconsider my comment.
Old 2020-12-07, 06:28   Link #382
Dharma

It is aptly named Argument from ignorance
Old 2020-12-07, 07:34   Link #383
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

lol this is nostalgic. What if I invoke this to that?

Have to say though, I never really thought about it before. Did Rika in fact ever asked Hanyu to follow the victims around? I actually don't know since I haven't read the original game (I did just bought them off steam during a sale a couple months ago but haven't opened them). Though I do have an impression that R07 himself was mocking Higurashi when I played through Umineko.
Old 2020-12-07, 07:59   Link #384
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 10:

looks like it's only a matter of time before K1 explodes.. uncle's days are numbered. lol
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-07, 18:13   Link #385
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Episode 11 screens are up!

https://higurashianime.com/story/003_011.html

Seems to be incorporating Minagoroshi elements ohoho!

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-10, 12:02   Link #386
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 11:

almost entire episode is spent showing how useless CWS is in this situation.

thinking what else they could do without resorting to the "beatdown" kill uncle route.
Old 2020-12-10, 12:27   Link #387
Marina2

EP.11

Ok.......It's totally Minagoroshi now. Only real different is....that Oishi at the end. Come to think of it, he's not on the good team with K1 and co this time.

The thought of how can things go horribly wrong after this ep. scares me. I wish they will manage to save Satoko just like the original but the real twist comes when Rika moves on to deal with Takano and Yamainu.
Old 2020-12-10, 12:28   Link #388
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Ah, the drawn out "battle" with the child protection center. How nostalgic. It's like watching Kai again but more condensed.

That scene where Shion straight up going to kill Teppei but then K1 stopping her and gets a chair to his head really brings back memories .

I sure am glad that they go straight with the Kai route in this Satoko arc and foregoing K1 trying to kill Teppei. The Teppei kill was more in line with the horror premise but the Kai route is the better story. I'm still ready for a twist though.
Old 2020-12-10, 19:11   Link #389
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is the most boring arc so far. Unlike the others which provided some hints, this one has added nothing as far as I can tell. Still looking forward to the next episode since that's when things go down a completely different path.
Old 2020-12-10, 21:38   Link #390
maximilianjenus
[E]

i just imagined cpw finally taking action, just to find out satoko poisoned the uncle
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-11, 06:40   Link #391
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Probably the biggest take away here is that Rika appears to finally believe that Keiichi is gaining memories of other shards where tragedies occurred. I think she probably had an idea starting with the first arc that Keiichi was gaining information he shouldn't possess, but here with that look in her eyes before she intervened between Shion and Keiichi with her adult voice she probably already knows that her friends are gaining memories of the other shards (not just Keiichi I assume). She uses her adult voice a lot more in this episode than in previous ones, probably more than those episodes combined, and I'd assume those tears on the bridge were real tears of hope in sorrow.

That said assuming this arc follows the previous two, some of the consistencies of the previous two will likely remain, if not all of them. Satoko will likely still end up dead in some way beside the body of at least one of the friend group (Rean this time?), Takano will get chased off, Rika and most of the other friends still die by someone's hand, and the village will end up surviving with Keiichi put in a time skip situation.

Since this is still a question arc (?), this is still going to be a bad end in some form. With the village's survival being intricately linked to Takano's presence it is unlikely that these two would occur independently of each other. If the village survives, a bad end necessitates that one or more of the friends die. It might not be Satoko again, but she did die in similar circumstances in the previous two, so who's to say that saving her from her uncle allows her to survive.

Either the village gets destroyed meaning Takano isn't chased off during the festival, or the village survives but friend group is killed again and Satoko still dies in the same manner regardless of the Teppei outcome.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-13, 10:21   Link #392
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 11 is the tipping point for me. Show has started to become boring.. drop if nothing good happens on the next 2 or 3 eps. Or perhaps I'm just a twisted person for wanting more horror, and less of "let's all work together to solve the problem peacefully" kind of thing.
Old 2020-12-13, 13:07   Link #393
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 11 is the tipping point for me. Show has started to become boring.. drop if nothing good happens on the next 2 or 3 eps. Or perhaps I'm just a twisted person for wanting more horror, and less of "let's all work together to solve the problem peacefully" kind of thing.
You are not the only one. We are getting something that as a remake isn't really that great, as it is even faster than the original run that condensed 5 arcs into 26 episodes, and as a sequel isn't much better since it's 97% stuff that we have already seen (and some of us in multiple forms).

There isn't really a lot to be happy about so far.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-13, 22:22   Link #394
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, while I'll probably continue to watch (honestly nothing better to do), I can't deny that it's a little too close to the original. At the very least we need either the end of this arc or the beginning of the next to provide some clues about what's making things end differently this time. Either way, for now I just want to see Teppei get brutally slaughtered. I honestly hope that Satoko's already killed him. We've seen in the Question arc that she can and will continue to be traumatized even if he's dead, and it would give a deeper meaning behind her unwillingness to move back in with Rika: there could be evidence in the house so she has to make sure no one enters.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-13, 22:42   Link #395
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Meh, I came into Gou with low expectation of just watching a remake of Higurashi (even after the "Gou" reveal) and, so far, the show met my low expectation quite well, for better or worse.

That's enough reason for me to keep following since I came prepared to not expect a lot, just for nostalgia's sake.
Old 2020-12-14, 10:04   Link #396
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The series needs one big "hook" to differentiate itself from its predecessors. If it doesn't do that by the end of at least the fourth arc, it's going to lose a lot of viewers.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-14, 10:48   Link #397
maximilianjenus
[E]

the fourth arc was the time wasting episode. i am hoping for this seasons fourth arc to adress either teenager rika, hanyus dissapareance or the ushiromiya mansion
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-14, 16:39   Link #398
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Jan-Poo

I vaguely remember something like this happening somewhere in Kai. Where Keichi stops Shion from doing something violent.. did not expect them to repeat this kind of thing again here in Gou. Perhaps they don't have enough content to fill in the 20+ episodes?

@maximilianjenus

teenager Rika or the Ushiromiya mansion would have been more interesting than what we're having now imo.
Old 2020-12-14, 19:31   Link #399
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The series needs one big "hook" to differentiate itself from its predecessors. If it doesn't do that by the end of at least the fourth arc, it's going to lose a lot of viewers.
I have a good feeling about this week's episode. It might be the game changer we've been waiting all this time.
Old 2020-12-14, 19:49   Link #400
AC-Phoenix
Detective

You know... Why the heck did no one mention the breakdown Satoko when they were at child welfare? That alone should be reason enough to get her out of that house within 10 minutes.

Alternatively... Since everyone knows her uncle is actually responsible anyway...
Why not just fabricate the evidence...lure the detective there and let one of the girls imitate Satoko's voice shouting for help...?
More than enough cause to break open the door and throw her uncle against a wall.

Oh and please don't say that be criminal... Two of the kids are Yakuza princesses...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote