AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-08, 22:19   Link #25161
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So engagement form really is an adaptation that allows Byakushiki to perform at maximum efficiency which the frame normally can't handle. How is it a cancer? I can only guess because the Engagement form is so unstable that continued use of it still breaks the Byakushiki. Another possibility is the mental stress the core puts on the pilot because I doubt the IS improves only on the physical aspect but in required reaction times and mental interface as well.

Did you post stats for the radiant azazel? I only have vague recollections of the sub cores but are they somehow related to the fake stratos units?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 22:25   Link #25162
Eratas123

Then I have no idea. She seems to lack weaknesses.
Old 2012-03-08, 22:30   Link #25163
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, the limiter was there for a good reason, and cancer is rapid cell growth and activity that is straying from original programming (DNA), hence the term mutation instead of evolution (the Shift are evolution)

Sub-core are 'failed' I.S. core reactivated by means of bypassing several codes. This means that while Sub-core can by used by (several) men, they also lack conversion firmware (in short, no sleep mode, no regeneration, and no unlimited ammo). They can be said to be better analogue of GN Condenser, even though they supply constant energy (about 50-60% of normal I.S. core).

Pseudo-cores on the other hand has similar origin, but since their construction are imperfect (all thanks to Josh,' kamikaze attack), they generate too much heat at full power as well as hazardous radiation and thus result in limited performance (20-30% of normal I.S. core). Think Tau Drive, but with unlimited endurance.

In terms of combat ability, Sub-core has better stat than pseudo-core, however, as said above, Sub-core system has endurance problem. I haven't made the stat for Azazel yet.

@ Eras
Maybe she's supposed to be Jack of all stat?
Old 2012-03-08, 22:37   Link #25164
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So... Engagement form is a twisted/corrupted evolution data from the core? Unlike most where it leads you to a wrong evolution path... it's more an evolution that went out of control?

Well that works
Old 2012-03-08, 22:39   Link #25165
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, that.
Old 2012-03-08, 22:46   Link #25166
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You do know that means Engagement form has all rights to perform asspulls one after the other right? just letting you know.

Is it possible, that during gen 1 IS, 1st shift wasn't the standard? As in people had a hard time even getting to first shift?
Old 2012-03-08, 22:50   Link #25167
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, the more asspull it get, the more weakness it has. I'm not a fan of God mode, due to Gundam Seed Destiny and Naruto.

It was possible, though you might need to dig the novel for any support/contradiction (which is admittedly hard to do, between half-assed technobable, harem antic and food exposition).
Old 2012-03-08, 23:06   Link #25168
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh, one thing that can be used for reference. Chifuyuu was supposed to use Reiryaku Byakuya somewhere during her career as I.S. rep (which by logic, means she's already achieving second shift), and the fact that she use Gen-1 I.S. in second Mondo grosso (with assumption that 2nd Gen already born by then)
Old 2012-03-08, 23:39   Link #25169
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But even then... 2nd shift must be rare :-?

Also, which came first? Mondo Grosso or White Knight Incident? How far apart are they in the timeline?
Old 2012-03-08, 23:56   Link #25170
Eratas123

Jack of all stat? her weapons aren't exactly weak or crippling.
Old 2012-03-09, 00:13   Link #25171
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Charlotte's strength is having no weakness and her weakness is having no strength.

To beat more powerful opponent's she uses tactics and repeated poundings or the proper equipment to deal with the situation.

In shot, she's one of those rare-types that rely more on combat experience than rbute strength or plain outwitting enemies.
Old 2012-03-09, 00:17   Link #25172
Eratas123

No strengths? Uh, she seems pretty spec opped to Gunplay. How many times does she use melee?
Old 2012-03-09, 00:18   Link #25173
demino_hellsin
That one guy

bread slicer and gray scale... so thus far she's used them only during the fight with Laura.

The only other fight was with Silver Gospel and that was an aerial fight. The probability of her getting in close was almost zero considering the gap in speed and her melee's reach.

The battle with golem 2's I've yet to see so I can't comment.
Old 2012-03-09, 00:33   Link #25174
Eratas123

Meh, I was never good with tech. I usually use the IS as machince and more as a plot device for the characters problems or plot.
Old 2012-03-09, 00:43   Link #25175
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I thought you were pretty good in combat analysis? After all, that's what your OC is all about right?
Old 2012-03-09, 00:44   Link #25176
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

We can assume that Second shift is indeed rare, but not that uncommon. They have to achieve it sometime, the difference is time required to achieve it.

As for Charlotte being Jack of all stat, Demi already said it, Charl has any weapon for any range, though her specialty seems like Mid Range combat, most of her weapon only moderately destructive (Except the Gray Scale). All of her stat are 4/5 in all category, with no specialization. What makes the difference is her strategy.

Remember that in Gospel battle, Charl gave up some speed and mobility for additional defense due to usage of new Packet, and thus restricted to ranged combat/fire support.
Old 2012-03-09, 00:50   Link #25177
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So about that timeline. Mondo Grosso 1st or White Knight Incident?

But that early into the IS research, I think the number of IS that went to second shift can be counted on one hand.
Old 2012-03-09, 00:55   Link #25178
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The timeline I construct here...

2005: Ichika and Houki met
Christmas 2005: White Knight Incident
February 2006: I.S. unveiled to the world formally, began construction of I.S.A and massproduction of the core.
March 2007: I.S.A. went operational
March 2009: Tabane disappear, Houki’s family put under protection.
June 2009: Madoka went to a Boarding school
August 2009: Rin came to Japan.
Christmas 2009: Mondo Grosso I
Christmas 2012: Mondo Grosso II, Ichika kidnapped, Chifuyu went to German.
2013/2014: Chifuyu Returned to Japan.
July 2014: Rin left to china
March 2015: Sacred Twins Starts

The only Canon that is surefire is the bolded part, the rest is my estimation about it, Note that this timeline is constructed by using Ichika's birthday as indicator (Sunday, 27 September), one of which happened in the year of 2015.
Old 2012-03-09, 00:59   Link #25179
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The White Knight Wars happened as soon as they rolled out the first IS' and that's before official announcement. Using research notes and computer simulated models by Tabane during the conception of the 1st IS unit made(the fat space suit), 1st gen IS's were rolled out with mostly conventional technology which was barely adapted into the IS. The reason for this was to hunt down the White Knight.

That was the plan anyway.
Old 2012-03-09, 01:06   Link #25180
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Err.... the old space suit I can understand, and where exactly they get an I.S. core in you case?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest