AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-12, 12:20   Link #37881
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Maybe an hotbooded personaly that contrasts with Yuuno usually calm one would be fun to see, or maybe a yandere one
Kireen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 13:38   Link #37882
Twi

An device that thirsts for adventure and grows attached to Yuuno so that she doesn't have to go back to being alone, after spending all the time since the place had sunken conscious in order to maintain the barrier in false hope that her people would return, until Yuuno admitted they've been gone for centuries or even longer, in which case she begs him to release her without mentioning she was feeding the barrier and not knowing it would eventually collapse with the back-up system failing after so long without use or repair once she passes out.

What about antagonists?
Maybe their raiders who plunder the sites and see a unison device as something worthwhile, in addition to whatever else he brings out.
Old 2013-04-12, 13:54   Link #37883
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
An device that thirsts for adventure and grows attached to Yuuno so that she doesn't have to go back to being alone, after spending all the time since the place had sunken conscious in order to maintain the barrier in false hope that her people would return, until Yuuno admitted they've been gone for centuries or even longer, in which case she begs him to release her without mentioning she was feeding the barrier and not knowing it would eventually collapse with the back-up system failing after so long without use or repair once she passes out.

What about antagonists?
Maybe their raiders who plunder the sites and see a unison device as something worthwhile, in addition to whatever else he brings out.
The Device personality sounds alright to me, for the antagonisnts I'd say a group of raider too, but instead of being interestd in the Device and everything he digs out, I'd say that the are interested in something particular, that some bigger group would pay a lot for,some rare collectable art piece, or a lost logia he managed to find, for the rest the could be interested in selling everything else at the balck market.
Old 2013-04-12, 14:25   Link #37884
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoki View Post
I see Yasanagi and Old Iron from time to time. Guess they're too busy to write something these days.
I'm actually 2/3 done with S&S9. It's currently sitting at around 6K words and I am hoping and praying to finish it to beta status today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Or too lazy. The two words are actually synonym to each other.
Hey! I resemble that remark! XD

I actually just started a new job that has me working 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week. So preparing for that has been a major timesink. But beyond that, mostly laziness. =P

If you want someone... less destructive about it and more thoughtful to accompany Yuuno on his digs while still being helpful and not eye candy or otherwise useless, your best bets are Fate, Signum, Stern, Hayate, and a Vivio on the scholarly path.

As for a device, I've never been a real fan of Yuuno having one. Sometimes it's okay. But for the most part I am of the opinion it takes away from one of the more intriguing aspects of his character on the magical side. If anything, a Storage Device to act as a secondary CPU. But giving him something comparable to RH or Mach Caliber just seem out of place.

Though if it's a Device as a character, that could work. Like how Yuuno couldn't use RH, but still had her with him. Non-use opens up some potential I'd think.
Old 2013-04-12, 14:37   Link #37885
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If Yuuno does get a Device, he should probably get one more like Steed.
Old 2013-04-12, 14:42   Link #37886
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
Though if it's a Device as a character, that could work. Like how Yuuno couldn't use RH, but still had her with him. Non-use opens up some potential I'd think.
Like going around the universe and spreading powerfull Devices to talented kids, thus creating an army of white devils?
Old 2013-04-12, 14:54   Link #37887
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I'd actually like to see Yuuno have a device like Sacred Heart or Asteion: Full-on support.

Quote:
I'm actually 2/3 done with S&S9. It's currently sitting at around 6K words and I am hoping and praying to finish it to beta status today.
*pulls out sharpening tools*

I'll have the shears and instruments of murder ready. *maniacal laughter*
Old 2013-04-12, 15:00   Link #37888
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireen View Post
Like going around the universe and spreading powerfull Devices to talented kids, thus creating an army of white devils?
That would make him the supreme devil? Or should we pull up the QB meme? XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I'd actually like to see Yuuno have a device like Sacred Heart or Asteion: Full-on support.
Now that would be a pretty cool premise. And one that would actually work really well with him.
Quote:
*pulls out sharpening tools*

I'll have the shears and instruments of murder ready. *maniacal laughter*
I'd ask that you be gentle, but I know there's no chance of that. But the... lack of gentleness has helped far better than any soft touch ever could. XD
Old 2013-04-12, 15:09   Link #37889
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Oh dear god, no. The last thing we need is for the whole Madoka/Nanoha thing to start up again...

Quote:
I'd ask that you be gentle, but I know there's no chance of that. But the... lack of gentleness has helped far better than any soft touch ever could. XD
You lost any chance of gentleness the moment you tried to use black! BLACK!!!
Old 2013-04-12, 15:11   Link #37890
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Quote:
Well...he does have a cute pet form, so he might become the new TSAB recruitment method, going around offering free Devices, cute Barrier Jackets, free starter lessons and a medical insurance plan... all you have to do is to fight potentially deadly lost logia and cosmic horrors...and train with Nanoha.
Old 2013-04-12, 15:13   Link #37891
Twi

Well, the unison device could always have a malfunction or not be compatible. We're talking a side-kick to make up for Yuuno being alone and lacking any real offense. Maybe help with storing some artifacts.

So, Scrya Chronicles Chapter 1 Outline:

* Yuuno enters the site

* Yuuno navigates past the traps and security

* Finds Unison Device (needs to be named) who he fills in on the fate of her people and she begs him to take her away from here along with the lost logia.

* Barrier begins to collapse

* Yuuno narrowly escapes and wonders how it collapses while lamenting the loss of the site before retreating back to his camp site to write up the report and run a diagnostic on the device.

* Raiders track him down and attack his campsite, forcing him to flee with the device and lost logia.

End chapter
Old 2013-04-12, 15:13   Link #37892
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireen View Post
Well...he does have a cute pet form, so he might become the new TSAB recruitment method, going around offering free Devices, cute Barrier Jackets, free starter lessons and a medical insurance plan... all you have to do is to fight potentially deadly lost logia and cosmic horrors...and train with Nanoha.
Some would much rather take on Cthulu or some other Elder God than deal with Nanoha's training. Though the medical insurance... I can get behind that. But I don't think a ferret would do a good job in PR. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Oh dear god, no. The last thing we need is for the whole Madoka/Nanoha thing to start up again...
Shutting up now. XD
Quote:
You lost any chance of gentleness the moment you tried to use black! BLACK!!!
I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I've learned my lesson. I shall strive for it to never happen again. T_T
Old 2013-04-12, 15:41   Link #37893
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Quote:
Well, the unison device could always have a malfunction or not be compatible. We're talking a side-kick to make up for Yuuno being alone and lacking any real offense. Maybe help with storing some artifacts.

So, Scrya Chronicles Chapter 1 Outline:

* Yuuno enters the site

* Yuuno navigates past the traps and security

* Finds Unison Device (needs to be named) who he fills in on the fate of her people and she begs him to take her away from here along with the lost logia.

* Barrier begins to collapse

* Yuuno narrowly escapes and wonders how it collapses while lamenting the loss of the site before retreating back to his camp site to write up the report and run a diagnostic on the device.

* Raiders track him down and attack his campsite, forcing him to flee with the device and lost logia.

End chapter
Sounds good t me for a first chap.
Quote:
Some would much rather take on Cthulu or some other Elder God than deal with Nanoha's training. Though the medical insurance... I can get behind that. But I don't think a ferret would do a good job in PR. XD
I'd fight an Elder God too, I prefer a quick death to a long and mentally scarring training. Also if the ferret we're talking about can get the Infinite Library in order and working, what would recruiting promising youths be for him.
Old 2013-04-12, 15:48   Link #37894
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
A device with a sweet voice that sounds like Kyrie's and is perverted.... give that device to Yuuno XD. Name: Eleison.
Old 2013-04-12, 15:59   Link #37895
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
A device with a sweet voice that sounds like Kyrie's and is perverted.... give that device to Yuuno XD. Name: Eleison.
What, we trying to make Thoth Driver jealous?
Old 2013-04-12, 16:23   Link #37896
TwoZeroTwo
A Past-Life Digression

So from the way it's going, the info on the story will be like this: NAME: Whatever it is, AUTHOR: the whole thread. Sounds good, sign me up.

Anyways, I just joined up here but if you’ve been over to the fanfiction.net Nanoha section in the last month (well, and set it to find M-rated stories), you’ve seen me chugging along with my own fanfic, Bathory's Countdown. I’ll just explain quickly to anyone who hasn’t checked it out that IT IS VERY VERY OC HEAVY. It’s basically about one of Fate’s Enforcer missions from the perspective of the target she’s after and how things just start getting out of control around him. It’s fairly serious (not dark, just...serious) and yeah, it’s a bit niche, but the people that have reviewed it so far like it. As usual, critique if you want to, give thoughts if you want to, etc.

This was just the first story I wanted to do; I’m coming up with some ideas that will have much more involvement from, you know, the established cast here, and I already know that those may or may not go smoothly. While I don’t want to do any OOC of course, I have a good feeling there’s going to be lots of AAC (attempt at character, copyright me 2013 original phrase do not steal). So yeah, help me out and I’ll try to help you out, and it’ll be fun.

Also, I’m still going sort of back and forth on the name of the story...I called it that because I’m thinking of doing another story kind of like that and I was wanting to do one of those “make the titles similar so people know they’re sequels and stuff” but I think I might be bashing my OC into your head a little too much by putting him into the title. Oh and don’t worry: OCxFate romance will not happen, hell no, not even considering it, you’re safe there.
TwoZeroTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 16:26   Link #37897
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What, we trying to make Thoth Driver jealous?
Maybe.... maybe not.
Old 2013-04-12, 16:30   Link #37898
Twi

The question is, who's going to take all these facts and then weave them into a tangible story?

I'd do it, but I'm not nearly as familiar with Nanohaverse as I am with nasuverse.

P.S. I like the device name.
Old 2013-04-12, 16:38   Link #37899
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

I just know that one on one battles are impossible with Nasuverse. Especially Archer.
Old 2013-04-12, 17:01   Link #37900
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Quote:
The question is, who's going to take all these facts and then weave them into a tangible story?

I'd do it, but I'm not nearly as familiar with Nanohaverse as I am with nasuverse.

P.S. I like the device name.
It's not like it's more difficult to handle than the nasuverse, and if you want to give it a shoot I'll gladly help out. I'll do it too, but it takes me forever to write something on my own.

Also for the Device, I like more the sound of Elysion, Elys for short.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha