AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 11:21   Link #221
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

bah that was his first time manning a gun.

He'll get his first kill soon enough

BTW what does exactly mean bokuwa ??
Bring d0wn tEh Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 11:23   Link #222
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Boku wa = I

He was trying to say something but just couldn't bring him himself to say it.

So he went: "I... I..."
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 11:33   Link #223
NyxOne

Saji couldn't kill if the fate of the whole world hinged on him killing someone. He can't even bring himself to pull the trigger of a freakin' turret cannon.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 11:36   Link #224
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Saji won't be developed as a fighter, he's never wanted to kill anyone.

In a crew, you don't have to kill to be useful. The bridge bunnies themselves are incharge of communications and radar, they don't kill at all. The helmsman doesn't kill. Saji is working fine as a mechanic and maintainence is an important factor in war machines.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 13:38   Link #225
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think most people here want Saji piloting a Gundam because it'd fill out the five-man prettyboy team we got in Gundam Wing.
Old 2008-11-20, 13:55   Link #226
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Except Saji has more personality than the Gundam pilots in Wing.

Anyways, there isn't any more Gundam's to spare in the first place, so he has no chance of becoming a Meister in the first place. The only thing he has to pilot would be the O Riser, and even that would be hard to imagen.
Old 2008-11-20, 13:56   Link #227
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think most people here want Saji piloting a Gundam because it'd fill out the five-man prettyboy team we got in Gundam Wing.
Saji isn't a pretty boy. He's a flawed civilian. He belongs in a Gundam as much as Santa belongs in a tank being pulled by reindeer.

I'd imagine his role on the ship will be to help Ian, to be an engineer. Though, and I'm guessing, I don't think he'll be on CB's ship for too long because otherwise how are he and Louise going to meet again?
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 18:32   Link #228
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
Saji isn't a pretty boy. He's a flawed civilian. He belongs in a Gundam as much as Santa belongs in a tank being pulled by reindeer.

I'd imagine his role on the ship will be to help Ian, to be an engineer. Though, and I'm guessing, I don't think he'll be on CB's ship for too long because otherwise how are he and Louise going to meet again?
What are you talking about Frost? Saji is totally a catch. XD

But yeah, Saji on a Gundam is like seeing Madonna singing "Bohemian Rhapsody." Would not work at all. :/
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 18:41   Link #229
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
What are you talking about Frost? Saji is totally a catch. XD

But yeah, Saji on a Gundam is like seeing Madonna singing "Bohemian Rhapsody." Would not work at all. :/
And yet, countless people would pay to see it happen, even if it doesn't work.
Old 2008-11-20, 19:01   Link #230
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
And yet, countless people would pay to see it happen, even if it doesn't work.
Haha, true. I know i would not give a shit. XD "American Pie" was more than enough.

Anyway, on topic, i really look forward to see when Saji is gonna meet Louise. I mean, with the pace the series is progressing that could be really soon, or Marie might be able to tell him something? Since she could see though Louise's heart and stuff. Or i'm an idiot and i forgot what quantum waves are supposed to do again. "^^
Old 2008-11-20, 19:37   Link #231
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Personally I don't expect much out of Saji just yet. He'll certainly play an important role later, towards the end, I feel. Likely it will involve Louise. Since Louise has been tampered with by the Innovators, they likely have a plan for the girl, and I feel that Saji will somehow get in the way of this plan.

Also, I think Marie will be able to sense Saji's own distraught, much like she did with Louise. I don't know if she'll be able to put two and two together about it, though.
Old 2008-11-20, 20:04   Link #232
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Personally I don't expect much out of Saji just yet. He'll certainly play an important role later, towards the end, I feel. Likely it will involve Louise. Since Louise has been tampered with by the Innovators, they likely have a plan for the girl, and I feel that Saji will somehow get in the way of this plan.

Also, I think Marie will be able to sense Saji's own distraught, much like she did with Louise. I don't know if she'll be able to put two and two together about it, though.
Hmm, good point. And yeah, probably like in S1, where in the latest epis, everything went to hell for him. Might be a rewind.
Old 2008-11-20, 21:49   Link #233
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Well, while I wouldn't say that Saji will definately become a meister by any stretch of the imagination, I do feel like hes getting his background setup similar to the meisters. Think about it, war has completely destroyed his life. Now, if he finds out that it was Ali that killed his sister, goes on a rage that we saw he is capable of (to Setsuna) and gets over his refusal to kill/hates CB less, he could have the backdrop for becoming a meister. It might help if Louise kicks the bucket in war as well. Except he'd still have no experience. I just wouldn't state it's completely impossible.

Besides, wouldn't you want to see Ali get killed by Saji? Karma in its own sick, but hilarious, way.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 00:09   Link #234
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
Well, while I wouldn't say that Saji will definately become a meister by any stretch of the imagination, I do feel like hes getting his background setup similar to the meisters. Think about it, war has completely destroyed his life. Now, if he finds out that it was Ali that killed his sister, goes on a rage that we saw he is capable of (to Setsuna) and gets over his refusal to kill/hates CB less, he could have the backdrop for becoming a meister. It might help if Louise kicks the bucket in war as well. Except he'd still have no experience. I just wouldn't state it's completely impossible.

Besides, wouldn't you want to see Ali get killed by Saji? Karma in its own sick, but hilarious, way.
Saji has almost nothing to do with Ali though, because it is not likely he would EVER find out that Ali killed his sister. I prefer Sergei to do the deed, as he is Ali's moral opposite.
Old 2008-11-21, 08:45   Link #235
NyxOne

Ali's moral opposite, but Sergei's totally unaware of the Innovators and he and Ali (as Gary) have interacted the grand total of once, or twice, and both times Ali showed a good amount of respect for him. But I digress.

And Saji couldn't ever hope to kill Ali. I need not explain why.
Old 2008-11-21, 09:51   Link #236
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Theres a reason I put the emoticon by that statement, it was a joke.

Personally, I don't believe saji will become a meister. But if you wanted to see him become one, I was providing the why, not the how. And I think the why would be the more important thing, the how can easily be manipulated in the show by plot device.

@NyxOne: What he pilots is the how. I'm looking at his reasonings. The biggest obstacle to Saji having anything to do with the war is his personality and beliefs. I was just finding a way around that. If they want him to pilot something, there WILL be something for him to pilot. It might take 10 episodes, but something would show up in a convenient fashion. There is, of course, still the matter of his complete lack of skill in the matter.

Last edited by Grey Dawn; 2008-11-21 at 10:03.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 09:56   Link #237
NyxOne

Except...even if there was to be legible happenings in the show...he couldn't pilot a Gundam anyway. Everyone who made the original GN Drives is dead so another can't be conveniently made, the 0 Gundam's GN Drive is used by the 00, the Exia was a wreck and the 00 uses its Drive as well, and the 0-Riser is AI-controlled. And the GN Archer, seeing as Soma's Ahead is going to Louise, is probably going to be piloted by Soma...Marie, eh. So, as well as not being a Meister, Saji probably won't pilot anything that's not a Gundam.
Old 2008-11-21, 10:26   Link #238
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Why do people wanna have Saji pilot a Gundam...? He spent about 4 seconds staring a dead-eye target, another 4 seconds thinking about his past words, and another 4 seconds... screaming.

Seriously, give the dude a wrench and he'll be a good boy for the rest of the series. Way better than sitting on a turret seat screaming Ian's ears off.
Old 2008-11-21, 19:00   Link #239
4Tran

I must be one of the few people out there who actually liked the fact that Saji never fired his gun. It lends a touch of realism to the show that a lot of other elements lack, and it's one thing that's consistent about his character.

As it is, I'm not even sure why he felt compelled to help Celestial Being out. I have no problem accepting that he did it out of fear of getting killed along with them, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So that leaves guilt for getting Kataron troops killed, but people just aren't wired to kill people they don't feel particularly strong about out of guilt. The only thing I can figure out is that he made the offer of helping out without ever connecting that to the act of killing, and that when this implication was unavoidable, Saji froze up. If this is indeed the case, then it's quite a nice touch of direction.
Old 2008-11-21, 21:49   Link #240
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I must be one of the few people out there who actually liked the fact that Saji never fired his gun. It lends a touch of realism to the show that a lot of other elements lack, and it's one thing that's consistent about his character.

As it is, I'm not even sure why he felt compelled to help Celestial Being out. I have no problem accepting that he did it out of fear of getting killed along with them, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So that leaves guilt for getting Kataron troops killed, but people just aren't wired to kill people they don't feel particularly strong about out of guilt. The only thing I can figure out is that he made the offer of helping out without ever connecting that to the act of killing, and that when this implication was unavoidable, Saji froze up. If this is indeed the case, then it's quite a nice touch of direction.
Most people in Celestial Being joined the group because they wanted to redeem their pasts. Saji is of no exception here(Kataron Incident).

Point taken for the realism part, killing people gives you immense amounts of guilt.
So I don't really think Saji's gonna have another shot at a turret seat. He's better of with a toolbox instead.