Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-19, 15:27   Link #3021
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Oh yeah, my votes:
Spoiler:

As for the growing Space Wars story, I'd prefer a story woven at the end overlooking the entire thing. Since everyone fights everyone else, it's gonna be a horribly cluttered up story of all sorts of fights. Inevitable internal-strife will probably land at critical moments of the campaign and you'd need to figure out how to explain those away.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-19, 15:31   Link #3022
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
204 mass multi-votes between three IP addresses. Nix that, and we have about 370 votes at this point. I haven't checked for other kinds of illegal votes yet...
Wonderful, but how many votes did we have the last two matches? I wonder how many more votes we've been getting each match.

Let's guess on how much Yurie will lose to Tomoyo by. I will guess 180, and I'm being generous.
Old 2008-04-19, 15:53   Link #3023
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
370votes without the multi-votes or with them?
370 without the multi-votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Are people stupid enough to think that over 200 fake votes are not going to get caught? Not even that it's overall that many but just from so few people.
Well, I mentioned that a cookie will prevent voting more than once, but it's so easy to clear a cookie from your history that people tend to think, "Oh, this guy isn't so smart - I can tack on 1000 votes and not get caught." The truth of the matter is, in Saimoe contests in general, there's always someone who takes a look at the votes in general, and ISML doesn't have a system where votes are announced immediately after results are closed - for a good reason. I tend to check over all votes carefully after the conclusion of each match to make sure that there's nothing that gets past me.
Old 2008-04-19, 16:08   Link #3024
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Wonderful, but how many votes did we have the last two matches? I wonder how many more votes we've been getting each match.
A lot.
Quote:
Let's guess on how much Yurie will lose to Tomoyo by. I will guess 180, and I'm being generous.
Quote:
370 without the multi-votes.
No wayz, Tomoyo will win by at least 300.
If KholdSecks got too many KyoAni/Type-Moon/Negima voters, this may tip it more.

As for the thingie I was talking about for the space opera, I think a layout like this would be good. The ones I filled in are important.
And Fate/Stay Night and Negima should be seperate because of their large voter bases. So they're non-KyoAni, but they're neutral.

EDIT: Topaz -> Sun, right?
I should prepare a bit in advance this time.
Old 2008-04-19, 16:32   Link #3025
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Topaz is indeed the radiance of the sun.
Old 2008-04-19, 17:46   Link #3026
wontaek

Quote:
A lot.

No wayz, Tomoyo will win by at least 300.
If KholdSecks got too many KyoAni/Type-Moon/Negima voters, this may tip it more.

As for the thingie I was talking about for the space opera, I think a layout like this would be good. The ones I filled in are important.
And Fate/Stay Night and Negima should be seperate because of their large voter bases. So they're non-KyoAni, but they're neutral.

Somebody cue the orchestra to play the opening moments of Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony. I don't have access to YouTube because my work place OS is custom installed Linux while being without administrator access, but it would be nice if you can find Mravinsky's Leningrad Philharmonic version for it. Kyo-Ani Empire's march music should be Shostakovich's 7th Symphony 'Leningrad' which also happens to be BGM for the Day of Sagittarius III. Nanoha and F/SN Faction prefers Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, while Strawberry Panic cheers on with Toreador Song from Carmen.
Old 2008-04-19, 18:48   Link #3027
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Well, I posted one last reminder over in MAL before this match ends. I look forward to very interesting results, since I don't know, we might have new voters.

@qtip: We need to vote for the profile pictures soon, I think.
Old 2008-04-19, 18:56   Link #3028
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Now to hope Kyoani didn't go on another rampage...
Old 2008-04-19, 19:01   Link #3029
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Here's to a sleepless weekend. Aquamarine 9 has concluded. Let the transition begin.
Old 2008-04-19, 19:18   Link #3030
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
As for the growing Space Wars story, I'd prefer a story woven at the end overlooking the entire thing. Since everyone fights everyone else, it's gonna be a horribly cluttered up story of all sorts of fights. Inevitable internal-strife will probably land at critical moments of the campaign and you'd need to figure out how to explain those away.
It depends on how its written. The internal fights could be written as disagreements on policy, arguments etc and not necessarily full-fledged combat between characters on the 'same side'.

Though you are right in that for the story to make logical sense its best to engineering it after everything is over and not during (though the countless quips and comments we are already making now will come in handy later as guidelines/ideas). However, it may be that once ISML is over and done people will migrate over to doing other things (I for one will probably do so) and may not be that keen on writing things for this then...

Quote:
Well thats a different approach from the original intention of the 'galaxy-map' which was to visually represent the fortunes of the different series. That is my primary objective in making the map. Each 'ring' is equivalent to a 'rung' on the more traditional pyramid view. The closer the mass of 'stars' for a particular series is to the center of the map, the better that series is doing overall. This means that the placement of the characters will be changing at the end of each round.

The 'space opera' feel was a bonus. A more 'formalized' space opera map can be done too (in fact take the opportunity to relook the exact placements of Kyo-ani since in this map we're not bound by the standings of the characters) but the 'visual representation' objective will come first.

But I have a feeling the formalized map will 'look' better and jive better story-wise if, like Psieye suggests for the story itself, it is decided 'after the fact' when everything is over.

If Shana hangs doggedly to top position or near top position for a long time, I'm tempted to place her in a Iserlohn-ish position

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2008-04-19, 19:27   Link #3031
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Ahaha, that is true - once the main event is over we're likely to move onto other stuff. It's worth noting that ISML is a two-parter, with the first part being the League and then the double elimination afterwards. Buuuuuuuuuuut..... that 2nd part happens when the other Saimoe contests start and we'd be way busy over there too...

In this world, there are more possibilities than the time and energy to make realities.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-19, 20:08   Link #3032
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Anxiously awaiting results.

And what have you people done to me!? Nanodesu is running through my head uncontrollably and I haven't even listened to it today.

I'm halfway through my first 3 volumes of Negima! manga... becoming more of a fan with each passing chapter.
Old 2008-04-19, 20:10   Link #3033
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Full results to be officially announced at 0300 GMT (11:00 PM EST), the reason being that I am also working on the standings and the Topaz schedules at this point. The winner of the Aquamarine Necklace is below, but that's all I'm revealing until 11:00.

If anybody wants to try making a victory poster, be my guest.

Spoiler for Aquamarine Winner:
Old 2008-04-19, 20:16   Link #3034
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

What are the dimensions for this poster, and are there any other specifications?
Old 2008-04-19, 20:23   Link #3035
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
The winner of the Aquamarine Necklace is below, but that's all I'm revealing until 11:00.
Yay! Not much of a surprise, though.
Old 2008-04-19, 21:15   Link #3036
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
What are the dimensions for this poster, and are there any other specifications?
If you want it to be featured on the website, width can be between 500 and 640, height can be between 480 and 700 and the logo has to be on it somewhere. Preferably, have her in a Cyan/Turquoise/Aqua dress wearing the necklace, but that's like almost uber impossible.
Old 2008-04-19, 21:23   Link #3037
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Actually, it's not very impossible. Well, the dress is, but remember that she does wear Alastor, so we *could* replace it with something aquamarine.

EDIT: Oh my God I'm finding some very cute pictures of Kazumi while trying to do this poster. *drools*

EDIT2: Hey qtip, can you send me the psd for your poster thing so I can steal your necklace?

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-04-19 at 21:35.
Old 2008-04-19, 21:51   Link #3038
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Actually, it's not very impossible. Well, the dress is, but remember that she does wear Alastor, so we *could* replace it with something aquamarine.
At the very least, put her in a dress.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, use some sort of background where the ISML tiara is somewhere behind her. Like the tiara's on top of a pyramid shaped stair case. Something like Miss America...
Old 2008-04-19, 22:21   Link #3039
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

This could be hard, since most Shana pictures in a dress have yuri implications with Kazumi. Does anyone still have that episode about the school festival?

Qtip and Marina? Is there a vectored version of the logo you could put it up on some file sharing site or something?

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-04-19 at 22:32.
Old 2008-04-19, 22:29   Link #3040
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I've still got the episodes.

Nice little reveal about the Aquamarine Winner .

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe