Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-22, 12:54   Link #161
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
theres also a couple dialog parts that are odd, like when she mentions her illness isn't something a doctor can cure. And when he asks her if she has some strange illness, she responds 'not at all' I dont know, to me its the only thing that really explains her strange behavior. Plus it makes everything much funnier ;P
That's actually a pretty amusing interpretation and I can't rule it out. It would be a driver for her melancholy and neediness.
Old 2009-09-22, 13:36   Link #162
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's actually a pretty amusing interpretation and I can't rule it out. It would be a driver for her melancholy and neediness.
Heh.. so much pent-up "frustration" might also explain:

Spoiler for End of season 2:
Old 2009-09-22, 14:27   Link #163
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
heh ya. Im not totally sure if thats whats going on but its what makes the most sense to me. Her just being sick so her guards let down a little might explain her being a bit embarased when he gets close to her but not really all fawning/excitment and other stuff. Plus like i said, it makes the whole thing much funnier to me ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashZeStampeedo View Post
Heh.. so much pent-up "frustration" might also explain:

Spoiler for End of season 2:
ARGGHH why couldn't i resist clicking on that =P now im really curious how S2 ends, you make it sound like it ends badly/cliffhanger, god i hope not =(

i wasn't aware there were fansubs past 11, and i havent d.loaded past 9 myself. Are you guessing how it ends based on the novels or did you actuallyw atch it raw or something? Is the light novel still ongoing past the end of S2?
Old 2009-09-22, 14:38   Link #164
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
heh, ya like i said its the only thing i can think of to really explain her actions. Just being sick and having her guard down may explain her getting so flushed when he touched her.. maybe, but not really all the other stuff. Plus it makes the whole situation much funnier to me ;P

ARGGHH why couldn't i resist clicking on that =P now im really curious how S2 ends, you make it sound like it ends badly/cliffhanger, god i hope not =(

i wasn't aware there were fansubs past 11, and i havent d.loaded past 9 myself. Are you guessing how it ends based on the novels or did you actuallyw atch it raw or something? Is the light novel still ongoing past the end of S2?
Sorry

I didn't mean to imply that I know the "ending" either, that was my bad. I just meant:

Spoiler for Season 2 up to episode 11:
Old 2010-02-09, 14:27   Link #165
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Really out of date here [at least it's too late for spoilers!], but this entire episode screams shes in love with him but has major issues admitting it, but as this episode is from her point, plus she's sick, its that much more obvious, yes perhaps its a little more direct than a lot of season 1, but sometimes it's nice to see the slightly less protected side of Horo's personality, because its already slipped through a few times.

The whole scene from the end of the episode with the book translation provided also pretty much says this is foolish, and he's the sheep being led around, but despite it all, also that he's the sheep she wants, that's pretty explicit.
Tie it in with what ACTUALLY happens in Episode 12 of S&WII, and it does drive it home.
Throw on top she implies he doesnt notice she's got a sickness that no doctor can cure, yet is perfectly natural. Lawrence and hints however are almost as successful as ME and hints in general.

Also regards the nose scene, its quite heavily implied shes blushing because that is quite an intimate greeting for wolves, in other words it was like he kissed her, but he's of course blissfully unaware of this, and doesnt get why she's blushing. Also why the same thing happened in her dream before they hugged.

S&WII Ep12 pretty heavily implies the REAL reason she was trying to get away from him was because the whole situation terrifies her, she knows how she feels, but doesnt know how to deal with it, she's terrified of what might happen, what it might lead to, or what it might cause in the future. If she TRULY hated being with him, she definately wouldnt have agreed to continue travelling with him, and the ending wouldnt have featured them walking away holding hands like a couple, with her noticeably going to intertwine fingers first (subtle but it's there).

The wolf vs lawrence scene is pretty ambiguous and can be taken a few ways, I personally tend to favour it highlighting that despite her people being her main reason for her journey in the beginning, Lawrence has become more important to her, and she is reaching the point where she loves him enough to take him over her people coupled with a painful reminder that she will remain when he is nothing but bones.
The other explanation being that if she was to chose him, doing so would ever break her away from her people, and she would be left with nothing when he died, and she would be alone again.
I favour the love theme because of the way she acts at several points later in the series, and also the way the scene shows her face changing as she sees Lawrence, she seems to gain greater happiness from seeing him, than that of seeing her own people, she wakes in tears having had everything stolen away and being alone again.

I loved this episode, because it felt like the most UNGUARDED Horo episode (outside of driven to raw emotion crazyness episodes), even if it was perhaps a bit of a change to what people expected, despite being a wolf, she IS still a female, the complexity and 'humanity' of the two main characters is one of the things I liked most about both series, both characters act very much how you might expect a real person to, with both flaws and strengths.
The aspect of jealousy over other people getting near to Lawrence (which is a little bit of a continuing theme of her stamping on his feet) also coincides with the whole bit implied above by the scene with Nora; that despite the foolishness, and him being the sheep lead around, he's still the one she wants.

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-02-09 at 14:52.
Closed Thread