AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-21, 22:20   Link #1481
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yes, that's the 2nd book (but no Chagum or Tanda in that one ). Alas, it looks like book sales didn't match Scholastic's requirements to translate the rest of the books. They've reportedly decided to stop after two.
O_O WHHHAAAAAA? I was thinking it was strange that I hadn't been able to find any info on the release dates of the other books but goddangit, I didn't think Scholastic has actually stopped working on them. Is this hearsay or do you have a news article or such to link to?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 10:24   Link #1482
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Read it and weep:

http://nijibug.dreamwidth.org/76241.html

I suppose this is "semi-official" though I have actually corresponded with Cheryl Klein about the books myself so I tend to believe the blogger's info.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 11:20   Link #1483
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

That sounds fairly official and damnitalltocrazyheck. I thought the books would do well actually since they read like, well, well-written YA lit that happened to have a more Easter focus/culture/background than what the US/UK/NZ/CN/Australian authors write (although those people do seem to make up the majority of US YA lit in general, I'm having a hard time remembering the last translation of a novel I read from any other country).
And I'm also guessing that the books would be hard to find even in Japan (from what I've heard, it sounds like most of the books in Japan have a fast turn over rate) and I'm years away from that sort of reading level (plus I've yet to come across a fan translation group for them). Guess the only thing is to hope that the books sell enough that they can justify the release of the third book and see how it goes from there.
Old 2010-03-22, 12:28   Link #1484
ditn

Guess i fall into the old club haha
I love to read books and i tought this would sell very good.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 16:27   Link #1485
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
That sounds fairly official and damnitalltocrazyheck. I thought the books would do well actually since they read like, well, well-written YA lit that happened to have a more Easter focus/culture/background than what the US/UK/NZ/CN/Australian authors write (although those people do seem to make up the majority of US YA lit in general, I'm having a hard time remembering the last translation of a novel I read from any other country).
And I'm also guessing that the books would be hard to find even in Japan (from what I've heard, it sounds like most of the books in Japan have a fast turn over rate) and I'm years away from that sort of reading level (plus I've yet to come across a fan translation group for them). Guess the only thing is to hope that the books sell enough that they can justify the release of the third book and see how it goes from there.
Actually the books are widely available in Japan - the series is super-popular there.

If you want to be spoiled, PM me - I enlisted the help of some kindly posters who read Japanese and they parsed the reviews, etc for the last several books. So I know roughly what happens in the rest of the series. I didn't figure the books would all be translated, didn't want to wait 8 years if they were, and although I'm learning Japanese I don't see my reading level being anywhere close for a long, long time.
Old 2010-03-22, 21:25   Link #1486
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I'll probably take you up on that later, now I'm just going to try and distract myself so I stop feeling down about it.
Old 2010-03-23, 11:22   Link #1487
ditn

Hm so the books are very popular but the anime isn't,a shame.
O well i ordered the second book,at least i have read that then
Old 2010-03-24, 23:20   Link #1488
Anye

I just finished the anime.... IT IS SO GOOD. OMG, it has very quickly become my favorite anime--the lack of unnecessary fanservice, the keen attention to detail in not only the scenery and background, but the character development most of all.... Unpredictable and engaging plot, serious yet not without humorous parts, this anime has it ALL. I'm so reading the books now, whose reviews are amazing, but--no more than two books??? T_T Say it isn't so....

Also, is there EVER going to be a sequel to the anime??? They definitely left some unexplained portions out, and seemingly purposefully; her past for one thing: How does she know the Blue Hand slave driver, and the determined murderous man in "Neither a Man nor a Tiger"? Also, how come she fully meant to kill the man, but the killing blow never drew blood, but rather seemed to purge the man of his evil nature? And where is she going (well, okay, she's going to Kanbal) and why? OMG. SOMEONE MAKE AN ANIME NOWWW T_T
Anye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 23:35   Link #1489
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Welcome to the club - Moribito is #1 all-time for me as well. There's never been an anime like it as far as I'm concerned.

Reading the second book will answer some (not all) of your questions. I never give up hope, but it would surprise me if there were ever a sequel, based on the popularity of the first series. IG has been known to make some odd choices for the sake of their art, though, so an OVA or something is certainly not impossible. Someday.
Old 2010-03-26, 15:14   Link #1490
signorRossi

Sadly the kind of anime Seirei belongs to are not regarded atm :-( , but I am glad that in a few months a boxset in German of the whole series will come out at a good price, so that I can get it.
And Beast Player Erin from the same author unfortunately was aimed at a younger audience, despite the fact the nightmarish visions it portrayed a few times didn't really suggest so. I wish they would have shifted the target audience age a few years up.
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 12:03   Link #1491
ditn

Wow i just got the book 2 days ago and i already finished.
What a great story/book this is,if only it was more popular so i could read the other ones too.(and what a great anime the second book would be)
Old 2010-04-04, 13:43   Link #1492
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditn View Post
Wow i just got the book 2 days ago and i already finished.
What a great story/book this is,if only it was more popular so i could read the other ones too.(and what a great anime the second book would be)
Trust me - from what I've seen, the books only get better (darker and more complex) after that.
Old 2010-04-17, 16:06   Link #1493
Tamatebako

Hello,

l like Moribito very much.

I'm very very interested in one question:

The bird Naaji:

Has he got a real exemplar? And when yes, which kind of bird?

Please tell it me.

Many Thanks
Old 2010-04-18, 19:18   Link #1494
Azuriell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatebako View Post
Hello,

l like Moribito very much.

I'm very very interested in one question:

The bird Naaji:

Has he got a real exemplar? And when yes, which kind of bird?

Please tell it me.

Many Thanks
Huh you mean that bird that Sagum lets go when he knows he's going to die?
Azuriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 00:40   Link #1495
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I believe there is a seabird called "nerge" or something like that, that the nahji was based on.
Old 2010-08-03, 17:11   Link #1496
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The series is being released here in two boxsets, with the first release being at the beginning of September. I can't wait to own this gem of a show.
Old 2010-08-03, 22:33   Link #1497
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And crunchyroll is releasing the first few episodes of Moribtio (sadly it looks like only the first few), ANN has more details here.
Old 2010-08-04, 11:20   Link #1498
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Shiroth, I'd love to hear more about those box sets when they're released - packaging, extras, etc.
Old 2010-08-04, 13:23   Link #1499
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Shiroth, I'd love to hear more about those box sets when they're released - packaging, extras, etc.
Sure thing. All we know at the moment is that it'll be two sets, and the price is seriously cheap. £15.99 each.
Old 2010-08-17, 08:04   Link #1500
Tri-ring

Just finished reading "Sōro no Tabibito" with Chagumu as the protagonist. No magic this time, reading it through I believe it is a set up or a long prequel for the last three part novels, "Ten to Chi no Moribito" where Chagum and Balsa meets again.
Spoiler for Summary of Sōro no Tabibito:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.