AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 21:41   Link #3561
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
It's been a while since I played an eroge and decided to pick up one of the new releases from May: Sakura no Reply.

Recently finished my first route. Overall the game has been very enjoyable and fun so far. As any chara-ge should, it has a endearing cast of characters. It's really hard not to like a heroine when they all are this cute. Personally like Momo and Chiyoko the most right now. Though somewhat repetitive I find the pair's interactions hilarious. Mai is all sorts of awesome for an osananajimi while Minto is an insanely cute imouto. Mikuri is probably the least interesting of the bunch but, still adorable.

Plot wise, it's pretty generic. A story about dreams, friendship and love with lots of comedy, romance and light on drama. As Mahou mentioned, expect a lot of #the power of friendship prevails over everything", which a theme I particularly enjoy.

As for the route I read, it was Momo's. I found it to be pretty good even though not much really happened. As one may expect from her background, her route deals with her work as a mangaka with Momo doing her best to improve with the help of Ichigo. Problems don't drag too much and leaves time for the godly ichaicha time which is great.

Next, I'll be playing Chiyoko's route.
Old 2012-06-03, 22:00   Link #3562
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Currently playing Hikari no Valusia and Shikoku no Sharnoth together...I swear, Steampunk has to be the prettiest Lovecraftian eroge ever...
Old 2012-06-04, 00:55   Link #3563
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Currently playing Hikari no Valusia and Shikoku no Sharnoth together...I swear, Steampunk has to be the prettiest Lovecraftian eroge ever...
My recommended order to play things:

漆黑->蒼天->赫炎->白光->紫影

This should be the order that the rhetoric would be least annoy.
And playing 赫炎 before 白光 at least let you know what does Leo's Left Hand of Benevolence do.
One of the main character from 蒼天 also reappear in 白光, so playing 蒼天 ahead is also recommended.

Anyway...

喝采せよ! 喝采せよ!
おお、おお、素晴らしきかな
黃昏の女神は諦めず未だカダスの大地に彷徨いのだ!

クロック・クラック・クローム
現在時刻を記録せよ!

女神よ、お言葉を賜りたい
これからは貴女の"時間"だ!

黄昏海岸の果てに
我が愛、我が終焉のかたちあり!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 01:00   Link #3564
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Actually is there any chronological order? Or does the concept of time even apply in this kind of setting?

And Cogliostro...all I'll say is that keeping a girl bound against her will in some weird place like Kadath won't make her say anything you want to hear...
Old 2012-06-04, 01:24   Link #3565
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Chronologically is this order:

蒼天->赫炎->漆黑->白光->紫影

漆黑 and 紫影 are the only two that occurs on our Earth.
The other three occurs in Kadath.

I recommend 漆黑 first as it brings the Lovecraftian horrors clearly onto the table.
紫影 too, but I recommend saving it for later because that game is much further into series.

And my flower, don't you think the pitiful world known as Kadath, that had been plagued by the Tick Tack Man for over millenniums, deserves some of your blessings?
Old 2012-06-04, 02:54   Link #3566
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Luckily I'm more advanced with Sharnoth then

Yes it does, but not when you're in it....
Old 2012-06-04, 05:17   Link #3567
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Regarding Sharnoth, I really like everything about it, especially the art and character design. The VAs aren't bad either. However, the mini-games... oh god. It's not that they are bad, it's that I'm bad. I've gotten past the previous on pure luck and tears, but Stage 4... Nope.

I'm taking a break from it because of the fact that I need to do EVERYTHING in that round over again, which makes me despair.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 05:41   Link #3568
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Regarding Sharnoth, I really like everything about it, especially the art and character design. The VAs aren't bad either. However, the mini-games... oh god. It's not that they are bad, it's that I'm bad. I've gotten past the previous on pure luck and tears, but Stage 4... Nope.

I'm taking a break from it because of the fact that I need to do EVERYTHING in that round over again, which makes me despair.
Well...there's no way to go past it with completed save game DLs?
Old 2012-06-04, 07:20   Link #3569
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^Now that's an idea I hadn't considered. Derp. Will look into that.

Old 2012-06-04, 07:44   Link #3570
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

A question though? Do you play the Jap original? I think the save game must be in the same language and most save games are in original Jap
Old 2012-06-04, 07:52   Link #3571
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Naw, I don't know Japanese, I'm using an English patch. So I'll keep that in mind.

Old 2012-06-04, 07:53   Link #3572
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Naw, I don't know Japanese, I'm using an English patch. So I'll keep that in mind.
I don't know how the English patch works with the game but after you get a save game in, you should be able to skip the minigame sections at the start. Just fast forward from the begining to where you left off.

At least it works that way with the original. Should be the same by rights

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-06-04 at 11:34.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 21:19   Link #3573
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Also, the skip mini game functions is full voice version only.
The none full voice release does not have it.

Anyway...

私の預測が確かであれば、いま、
またひとつの子羊はシャルノスの闇によって捕らわれたのだ

喝采はない
喝采はない

しかし、しかし
黄昏の女神はすでにカダスの地から去り、いまは西享の地にあろ

クロック・クラック・クローム
現在時刻を記録せよ!

これからは貴女の"時間"だ
女神よ、どうか、子羊に救いの手を!
Old 2012-06-04, 22:29   Link #3574
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Wow that sucks....Well I have no trouble with the minigame so far

Anyway...what the hell is Mary? It says her mother moved to Kadath?

You drive a hard bargain Cogliostro....you know I can't leave anything in distress...
Old 2012-06-04, 22:43   Link #3575
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Mary is just a girl not so fortune who got the golden eye stuck on her.... like many other girl in the series. Whether you got it from birth or any other super natural accidents, your life will go down hill from there. Nobody is going to leave you alone.

Spoiler for Oblivion Golden Eye:
Old 2012-06-04, 23:02   Link #3576
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Then who's her mother? How did she know about Kadath?
Old 2012-06-04, 23:19   Link #3577
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Well, Britian is the closet place on Earth to Kadath. The gate is a just a bit north on the sea.
It is not that big of secret.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:22   Link #3578
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Well, Britian is the closet place on Earth to Kadath. The gate is a just a bit north on the sea.
It is not that big of secret.
Oh wow...Yeah I suppose it explains all those weird beasts and all.

So that verse's Earth live with Lovecraft horrors on their doorstep and everyone takes it in stride? Hell it even seems that Britain has an ongoing trade and immigration programme with Kadath...
Old 2012-06-05, 00:18   Link #3579
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Nah, Kadath is not the Lovecraftian horror world. It was just a planet in a neighboring dimension. The people of Kadath themselves also had very little knowledge on the Lovecraftian horrors.

It is the people of our Earth that were actively involved with affairs related to the Lovecraftian horrors in the first place and brought the advanced technology into Kadath.
Old 2012-06-05, 01:11   Link #3580
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Next, I'll be playing Chiyoko's route.
It's currently my second route as well . Her route feels somewhat "strange" due to how the romance in the early part plays out or at least the romance leaves a bit of a "What ... !?"-impression (neither good nor bad, though). The confession or the resemblance of it was quite hilarious where even the cast thought "WTF JUST HAPPENED?"
Personally I'm looking forward to Mikurin's route because I like the shy-type characters as well (e. g. Tokiha from Diamic Days <3).
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel