AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-06, 14:33   Link #1981
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
It has been said that Earthlings normally do not possess magic power, but when they do manifest they tend to be very powerful. ie: Nanoha, Hayate, Graham

Fate is a man made creation.

Nanoha and co aren't slackers, but you must admit that they have a very huge advantage that jump started their career.

Nanoha managed to achieve a AAA rank at the age of nine. Subaru and co are still B rank cadets at the age of 16, and they can't even fly yet. This shows you just how overpowered Nanoha was.

It's possible that Subaru will never ever achieve even AAA rank as long as she lives, but hey, non elite mahou shoujos are fine too. Nanoha series is all about breaking cliches, after all.
More importantly, Fate's a clone of Precia's daughter, and Precia was one of the most powerful mages of her generation... and I have no doubt her training was strict. Hayate had power to begin with, but she got a lot from Reinforce too. It's Nanoha who's the real out-of-nowhere dark horse super-mage IMO, but I guess that can be chalked up to essentially being a Shounen Lead.

And, like I was saying before, Vita if you believe she actually got to her present level as a human before becoming a program...

The idea of the new characters at no point being super-crazy powerful appeals to me too. They can max out in the A range and still be plenty entertaining.
Old 2007-02-06, 17:12   Link #1982
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
does nanoha have any magical roots at all? i hope to see development on this...maybe her great great grandad was some kind of "OMFGPWNU" mage ~ for nanoha to have such power with no real explination besides that "it happens rarely" is kinda weak for my tastes >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-06, 17:23   Link #1983
Woden

Doesn't that happen enough these days? I feel like I can't watch a show about magic without some ridiculous "your ancestor was THE AWESOMENESS so you are too" setting. I mean, if there was something about the city that called to the supernaturally inclined I could take it.

*Cue babble*
Magic is considered a supernatural thing. It's above bloodline, and perhaps it is THE bloodline that flows through all of us.
*End babble*

Plus, Nanoha's family seems fairly set in stone. She has a happy family, let's leave it like that.

Given my track record with being correct, I'm probably going to end up completely wrong though...

Edit: If the wikipedia entry is anything to go by (which makes sense as being somewhat trustworthy given the relative unlikelihood of choosing to edit that entire branch) Nanoha just seems to have a higher aptitude for it. It would seem that it is less "Nanoha can use it" but that Nanoha has more natural talent.

Last edited by Woden; 2007-02-06 at 17:50.
Old 2007-02-06, 18:41   Link #1984
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

This would spiral back into the age-old "how deeply related is MSLN to the Triangle Hearts games" arguement, and I don't want to go there... ever... again.

So it makes sense to me that she's just really talented. It happens sometimes. I have a friend who's never attending a cooking school in his life but he understands all the little things that pro chefs know, like proper temperature changes that us "throw it in the oven and taken it out when the timer rings" guys can't fathom.

So I like to think that Nanoha just naturally knows her stuff. Some people are bad at math but great in art. Some people grasp physics and but can't draw a stick man. And some people find it easier to fly and shoot giant pink deathrays.
Old 2007-02-06, 18:46   Link #1985
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
And some people find it easier to fly and shoot giant pink deathrays.
well i can live with that beh fine go for the simple explination that nanoha is a natural god at making friends ~ still being as strong as she is its kinda sad for fate who worked soo hard for soo little (it seems when compared to nanoha's hax talents )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-02-06, 19:01   Link #1986
Key Board
Carbon

Nanoha comes from a family line of mercenaries/bodyguards/assassins

It is in her blood to seek out the fight. She was never happy with her life before she became a mahou shoujo and blew things up.... for great justice of course!

The difference is, instead of inheriting the sword (that falls to her brother and sister) she took up the magical staff
Old 2007-02-06, 22:18   Link #1987
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

Spoiler for Nanoha:

^ that would be pro to watch ^________^

that aside, seeing how Fate and Nanoha are squad leaders in their respective squadrons, it would not be surprising if they let the new kids in on some action.

Spoiler for The way i see it, they can start off StrikerS with:
Old 2007-02-06, 22:33   Link #1988
Alavaria

@ /\
*Nanoha burns 5 cartridges and shoots off Starlight Breaker EX or whatever ...*
*everyone is defeated*
Old 2007-02-06, 23:53   Link #1989
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
You've missed out Chrono being mean to Elio for addressing him as Chrono-ojii-san. :P

[Nightenskane]

Elio : Ne ne, there's this something I really really really really want. Mom got me part of it, but I need another to complete it's collection. So I'm thinking....
Chrono : That's not the proper way to address your elders and your superiors. Learn your manners and ask properly.
Elio : ...Alright. PLEEEEASE.....
Chrono : *Sighs* I suppose it can't be helped. It's for my cute little neph....
Elio : Chrono-ojii-san.
Chrono : On second thought, I just blew my paycheck. Go ask...Signum. Yeah, Signum. Say your mom asked on her behalf.I'm sure she'd be willing to help.
Elio : Shucks...alright.
Chrono : That'll teach you to learn real manners. *sips his tea*

I'll leave what happens to Elio up to your imaginations....

[/Nightenskane]
[Being Silly]

Elio: Vita-san, Vita-san!
Vita: What.
Elio: Have you seen Signum oba-san around?
Vita: *does a spit-take* What did you say?
Elio: I said, have you seen Signum oba-san around?
Vita: *stares at Elio* Look here, you twerp. Are you trying to die young or something? Do you realise what would hap-

Signum enters the scene...

Elio: Ah! Signum-
*time slows down*
- o - ba - san!

Signum: *twitching* ... ...
Vita: Oh sh-

[/Being Silly]

Last edited by Skane; 2007-02-07 at 00:34.
Old 2007-02-07, 00:05   Link #1990
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... That Storm Falcon will be keeping Elio pinned to the wall for the rest of his life O_O

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-07, 02:09   Link #1991
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
Doesn't that happen enough these days? I feel like I can't watch a show about magic without some ridiculous "your ancestor was THE AWESOMENESS so you are too" setting.
I guess the extremes for this sort of thing would be Discworld on one end, where the 8th son of the 8th son of a wizard is automatically capable of pwning gods in his spare time, and something like Slayers on the other where you get the likes of Lina and Luna Inverse from a pair of random merchants. Though that's also an example of location being important.

I'm thinking magic is passed down in family lines in Nanoha though, just because Precia was so sure that a clone of Alicia would be a powerful mage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
[Being Silly]

Elio: Vita-san, Vita-san!
Vita: What.
Elio: Have you seen Signum oba-san around?
Vita: *does a spit-take* What did you say?
Elio: I said, have you seen Signum oba-san around?
Vita: *stares at Elio* Look here, you twerp. Are you trying to die young or something? Do you realise what would hap-

Signum enters the scene...

Elio: Ah! Signum-
*time slows down*
- o - ba - san!

Signum: *twitching* ... ...
Vita: Oh sh-

[/Being Silly]
One out of one Signum fanboys approve of this message.
Old 2007-02-07, 02:17   Link #1992
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

signum is scary i guess age really does affect your personality *runs from her wrath*
question is ~ will eilo live up to expectations on being a spunky kid? i guess with fate kaa~san he feels protected...well he should think again *takes fate*

Old 2007-02-07, 07:24   Link #1993
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiety View Post
Spoiler for The way i see it, they can start off StrikerS with:
Nah.

Why not use the overly-used super shounen-esque "let's throw all the guys in one big tournament" cliche? At least they have time to "grow" while in battle, much like most people who join tournaments.

And Nanoha should at least fight in a handicap. Like... being only limited to Accel Form, or just one Cartridge. Still, those are quite overpowered, if it's Nanoha we're talking about here. ^^;

She can already take on omniscient beings and even have time to eat lunch with the newbies.

Woah. Waitasec... if the Midoriya is still operating by the time of StrikerS, could Nanoha have actually learned how to cook by herself or something?
Old 2007-02-07, 07:58   Link #1994
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It was mentioned in the A's manga that Nanoha knew the basics of food presentation, along with Fate and Hayate knowing how to cook (already makes me anticipate an episode where the three Aces cook the most heavenly gourmet buffet in TSAB history XD ). Although I don't think Nanoha's parents would retire from Midoriya after only 10 years in operation.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-07, 09:10   Link #1995
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Regardless how StrikerS starts out, I'm hoping at least half of TSAB is gone by Episode 13 to 18, with Nanoha, Fate and Hayate each one of them getting royally owned by opposition elite mages. I'm hoping there's a real sense of on-the-edge urgency this time around for both TSAB and the main cast.

Anyway, these are what I'm hoping may happen in StrikerS. I'll be a happy man if even 1/10th of it comes true.

Spoiler for :

There's more, but those are more like "most likely will happen" ala generic stuff. Besides, expecting the worst even from the best is kinda like my policy.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-02-07, 09:18   Link #1996
Skane
Anime Snark

Speaking of which... what would Elio's transformation scene be like?

Hmm...
Old 2007-02-07, 09:38   Link #1997
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Regardless how StrikerS starts out, I'm hoping at least half of TSAB is gone by Episode 13 to 18, with Nanoha, Fate and Hayate each one of them getting royally owned by opposition elite mages. I'm hoping there's a real sense of on-the-edge urgency this time around for both TSAB and the main cast.

Anyway, these are what I'm hoping may happen in StrikerS. I'll be a happy man if even 1/10th of it comes true.

Spoiler for :

There's more, but those are more like "most likely will happen" ala generic stuff. Besides, expecting the worst even from the best is kinda like my policy.
You're forgetting the expectation for massive fleet battles between the TSAB and their new enemies.

Anyways, Strikers would quickly become legendary if it manages to do just about half of the things on that list, especially on Zenga... em, Fate's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Speaking of which... what would Elio's transformation scene be like?

Hmm...
What'll it be like? Shotacon heaven =P

Old 2007-02-07, 09:38   Link #1998
Aleise
Awe of She

More of those: 'I wonder what the new season plot is' scenario typing posts!

Compare the main image of the A's website to that of StrikerS':
A's Foreground Image: Nanoha and Fate
A's Background Image: Signum and co.
StrikerS Foreground Image: Subaru and co.
StrikerS Background Image: Nanoha and co.

What was Nanoha and Fate's role during A's? Main Heroes.
What was Signum and co.'s role during A's? Villains for the most part.

[Plot speculation starts here]

What will be Subaru and co.s role during StrikerS? Main Heroes, most probably.
What will be Nanoha and co.s role during StrikerS? Villains?

One way to focus on the new guys - without ignoring the old cast, is for Nanoha to go rogue. Fate would most likely follow Nanoha, Hayate and the Wolkenritter could follow suit, or act independently, with the new guys being left under the command of Chrono. The reason for Nanoha going rogue? Perhaps she suspects something fishy within the TSAB, and wants to investigate it from outside, with the help of another faction.

For at least the first half of the season, the new cast tries to catch Nanoha and co., and get an explanation, at least, but instead receive free combat lessons ala Nanoha v. Fate in S1 (Of course, holding back a lot). Chrono probably catches on to what they're up to, and uses the new team to put up the illusion that he's doing something about the rogue mages, but doing some investigation on his end as well.

As for the real villain? Haven't thought of that yet - some conspiracy within the TSAB is uncovered? Or perhaps Nanoha was really infiltrating the rival faction and upon discovery of their 'Evil Plot(TM)' . . . umm, 'makes friends' with all of them?

[End speculations]

One problem with this scenario? It really isn't Nanoha's style to not explain things - seems out of character. Also, with the release of the team assignments, and the longer season, this scenario seems a bit more unlikely.

Nanoha as a (pseudo-)villain is just fun to think of.
Old 2007-02-07, 09:43   Link #1999
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Nanoha as a psuedo-villain isn't really something I'll be looking forward to, even if it makes the story more interesting. Like you've already pointed out, it's completely out of Nanoha's character.

And hasn't it been pointed out that the new antagonists will be some massive shadow criminal organization also after the Lost Logias? Of course we'd like to hear what they're actually like, and whether there are gonna be any favorable characters on their side (likely, given the last two series).

Old 2007-02-07, 10:10   Link #2000
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I think Acoss is an obvious call for a potential villain. Idealists Are Dangerous, and it's been hinted that he's more powerful than any of the main characters.