AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-20, 08:55   Link #2181
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
If Nanoha became a commander and gradually rses to the top of the hiearchy, she probably would end up sending ultimatums to every organization/world/planet that were not yet allies of the Bureau, and threaten to arc-en-ciel them if they didn't agree to be "friends" i.e. tell the Bureau all their "stories" on their backgrounds as well as top-secrets.
No, no, no. You don't understand the Nanoha philosophy yet. She doesn't go around threatening to nuke people just because they're not under her thumb yet. Nanoha's attitude can probably best be summarized as follows:

"I know what you're doing is a crime, but I'm sure you have a reason for why you're doing it. Maybe, if we talk to each other instead of fighting, we can begin to understand each other. So please, explain your reasons to me... or I'll beat you into the ground first, and THEN you'll talk to me!"
Old 2007-02-20, 09:03   Link #2182
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Which is exactly what the TSAB wanted, hence they're not complaining (until the repair bills arrives).

It's the best way to get information out of 'em while mantaining a reputation that they don't torture criminals/prisoner... Outright anyway...
Old 2007-02-20, 09:14   Link #2183
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
Mind illuminating us as to which concert you are watching?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She's better of giving hell on the field...
It is kinda freaky actually. In the real world, if we saw a 9 yo girl drawing pictures of bombers and tanks and chat merrily on shooting and bombing enemies, we would assume that the girl needs special care for she had some traumatic experiences. But those adults in TSAB actually approved of what Nanoha had done and upgraded her firepower as well.

Indeed, the part before the final fight when Nanoha threatens to use any hellish way to force Vita to "tell her story and be friends" sent a few chills to my spine, considering that she is only 9 yo.

A grown-up Nanoha probably has good potential to work in some interrogating departments that specialize in forcing war captives to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
No, no, no. You don't understand the Nanoha philosophy yet.
Well, another reason for her to become an instructor. Her philosophy of "making friends" is so simple yet so hard to understand.

Some interesting stuff on the seiyuus from the official site:

Chrono: Tomogaku Sugita (Kyon from Haruhi, Yuuichi from Kanon)
Kyonichino(?) who would automatically attract some weird girls to his side, whom will die one after another?

Tiana: Nakama Mai (Rena from Higurgashi)
A hachet and Oyashiro-sama-mode probably works better than any intelligent device for her?

ヴェロッサ・アコース: Ono Daisuke (Itsuki from Haruhi, Yukito from Air)
Maybe he would be interested in Chrono's mole than anything, though he won' mind giving some brain-busting lectures on time-space theories?

Last edited by Doraneko; 2007-02-20 at 09:53.
Old 2007-02-20, 11:36   Link #2184
Woden

I find it funny that so many people end up surprised that the voice of Kyon is doing the voice of Chrono in StrikerS... He was the voice of Chrono in A's "six years later" epilogue before Haruhi even started airing.
Old 2007-02-20, 12:16   Link #2185
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Well, really funny, isn't it?

One should also know that Sugita started to throw out his trademarked sarcastic comments long before he worked as Kyon on Haruhi, or the whole Triangle Heart franchise ever started.

What deserves focus is not the voice-actor-guessing, but rather, the presentation of the characters and whether the voices would fit to them. Given the personality of Chrono in S1 and S2, it is not surprising for people to be amazed and get interested in what Sugita can pull out with his talents in S3, and whether it will add to or adversely affect the development of Chrono as a character.

And I have to say the S2 epilogue is far from enough in estimating a seiyuu's perspective performance in S3. It runs for only a few minutes, and for Sugita, he got only a few lines.

Last edited by Doraneko; 2007-02-20 at 12:31.
Old 2007-02-21, 00:18   Link #2186
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Wooden

For me, I'm more surprised that he even got the role at the end of A's in the first place... I couldn't tell it was him when he spoke... Sounds so... 'light' or 'pleasant' or... Well, anything that doesn't link your thoughts to Kyon =P

@Doraneko

I'm thinking that with him as Chrono, they might probably change his personality... But then again, Chrono does have some of the properties of Sugita's other popular roles...

1- An aura of GAR.
2- Great sense of humor.
3- Surrounded by lots of attractive girls...

...Wait a minute.

Rin -> Kyon -> Yuuichi

... I'm seeing a pattern here! As he moves to new shows, he gets a harem lead character superior to his previous one !

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-02-21 at 08:20.
Old 2007-02-21, 08:51   Link #2187
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
...Wait a minute.

Rin -> Kyon -> Yuuichi

... I'm seeing a pattern here! As he moves to new shows, he gets a harem lead character superior to his previous one !
That actually made sense. No really.

Though, I'd be expecting more of Kyon and Yuuichi's humor that their sarcasm. That might get him in trouble, or worse, the wrong end of an Intelligent Device. We're talking about Aces here.
Old 2007-02-21, 09:03   Link #2188
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

But Chrono's a AAA+ class mage too! He can use Shishio Blade on them!

Sugita really fits his role as Chrono after hearing some of his more badass lines in other titles (hell, even Kyon had a voice worthy of a captain in TMoHS XD)

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-21, 10:56   Link #2189
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

I certainly doesn't mind Sugita to keep his Kyon+Yuuichi personality when he lends his voice to Chrono. It would even be funnier if he could act like a commentor and tease all the mahou shoujo/ren'ai game cliches, like what he did during the faked Mikuru vs Yuki fight in ep1. Oh just joking. :P

For the seiyuus, another thing interesting (or perhaps disappointing) is that Yuuno can neither be found in the cast page of the main site, nor the after-record group photo in Megami. This would probably mean he is probably reduced to a sidekick that pops up only for a few minutes throughout the 26 episodes. Well, if Chrono gets possessed by Kyon'ichi, all the girls will be under his harem anyway.

Btw I picked up the novel from a book shop today. Since there is no dedicated thread on novel discussions, I think no one would mind me to have a few words on it here.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-21, 10:59   Link #2190
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@LoweGear

And Yuuichi has the style worthy of James Bond

Actually, judging from the manga scans and A's, his speciality seems to be binding spells...

...Wait.
Old 2007-02-21, 12:06   Link #2191
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

@ Doraneko: What is the title of that novel? It sounds very interesting. And is it official, or doujin?

@Chaos2Frozen: ... Chrono-suke much?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-21, 12:30   Link #2192
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
@ Doraneko: What is the title of that novel? It sounds very interesting. And is it official, or doujin?
Official. From Masaku Tsuzuki, the man who created the whole Triangle Heart franchise and written all the TrH games. He is also the scriptwriter and the origianal creator of Nanoha.

Actually I think that the novel's ending is much "canon" than the one shown in the anime S1, given that he didn't need to consider the studio and directors' opinions, as well as the production budget, when writing it.

In the Japanese and Chinese-speaking regions, any discussion involving TrH or Nanoha will eventually link to him . It is amazing that he is almost unheard of in the English Nanoha communities.

The title of the novel is simply 魔法少女リリカルなのは, with the notorious panchira cover. It makes anyone that holds the book and walks around the book store looks like a pedo, and the situation will probably be worse when you get to the cashier. .

The content (except some yuri-cious coloured illustrations apparently from the anime promo materials) is totally devoid of fanservice though. The publisher probably thought that it is necessary to make the cover more "tasteful" to attract otakus.

Anyway, don't get scared away and give a shot. You won't be diappointed.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Doraneko; 2007-02-21 at 12:47.
Old 2007-02-21, 15:20   Link #2193
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Yeah, see, there's the problem. I'd be way too embarrassed to own something with that cover.

Yet you've intrigued me. Damnit.
Old 2007-02-21, 16:53   Link #2194
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
Anyway, don't get scared away and give a shot. You won't be diappointed.
problem is that its in japanese rite? or is there an english version (i doubt it tho >.<)
the cover sure is daring i think its ment to test fans to their limit XD (will you get caught in possession of this ~ only hardcore fans with no fear! XD)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-21, 17:01   Link #2195
Veg
/dev/null

Send a message via ICQ to Veg Send a message via AIM to Veg Send a message via MSN to Veg
Megami Magazine Vol.82 includes a 8 pages special full of facts,sketches (damn, Fate looks hot in her new coat oO) & more. Will probably have the scans up by late tomorrow evening.
Old 2007-02-21, 18:04   Link #2196
KBTKaiser

back on the Kyouya topic...I just remembered a detail from TH that hasn't been quite clarified in Nanoha...Miyuki. >>;

'cording to TH-verse, Miyuki is actually cousins with Kyouya as her mother infiltrates the high ranks of a terrorist organization, which leaves her in the care of Shirou. And we know what came about from that in the Sweet Songs Forever OVA. >>;

As for other Kyouya contenders that are missing...other than Shinobu, Noel and Miyuki, Fiasse, Akira, Ren, and Nami didn't get screentime. >>;
Old 2007-02-21, 18:11   Link #2197
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@KBTKaiser

Not very unexpected, unless they decide to use them for something important, I doubt they'll turn up... Seeing as how StrikerS already has alot of named characters.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-02-21 at 21:23.
Old 2007-02-21, 21:24   Link #2198
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Adding on...

I just found this video, it's the voice actors of Fate, Nanoha and Chrono in the A's DvD vol 5 special. The main point of the talk (Or the most interesting) is when they asked Mikako Takahashi (Chrono's voice actoress) who Chrono likes...

From what I can gather (Which is not much really, I had no formal training in Japanese... What I know is what I learnt from animes ^^; ),

Spoiler:

Correct me cause I'm most definately going to be wrong... Somewhere =P
Old 2007-02-21, 21:52   Link #2199
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
problem is that its in japanese rite? or is there an english version (i doubt it tho >.<)
the cover sure is daring i think its ment to test fans to their limit XD (will you get caught in possession of this ~ only hardcore fans with no fear! XD)
Yes it is in Japanese. There is also a Chinese version available.

Seriously, even though the doujinshi have more explicit content, their creators seldom use such kind of embarassing cover. You may get yourself into trouble in certain jurisdictions if you import the book personally under your name. At the very least it will raise a few eyebrows in the Customs. So it is a better idea to order it through a book store than the net.

But ye Nanoha worshippers shall not retreat. After all this is the holy book written by God Tsuzuki himself. Only those who have strived their best for Nanoha can receive the holy blessing .
Old 2007-02-21, 22:01   Link #2200
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler:
I haet gibberish Japanese. Makes things harder to hear. :P

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Closed Thread