AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-28, 16:32   Link #12261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well I'm quite the opposite- I want to see these the most:

Samael, Azazel, Abbadon and Ramiel- Pretty much any of the Grigori.

And though maybe not an Angel, it would be nice to see the other Secret Chief that Aleister Crowley was known to have interacted with - LAM.
Old 2011-07-28, 16:59   Link #12262
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Those four are significant in Christianity but in toaruverse where the Kabbalah might be connected I won't be surprised if Metatron shows up as an angel of the age of Horus.
I'm not too sure Metatron will show up: You'd think he would have been mentioned by now if he were going to. Aleister's little chat with Fiamma would have been the perfect opportunity to bring up such a prominent angel existing in the Age of Horus.
Old 2011-07-28, 17:16   Link #12263
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Since when are transformers from the Age of Horus

I'm serious, who in the fuck is Metatron? Megatron's long-lost gay half-brother?

SERIOUSLY WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-28, 17:21   Link #12264
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

*Places the Dunce cap on Kyon's head*

Go do your homework.
Old 2011-07-28, 17:27   Link #12265
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well I'm quite the opposite- I want to see these the most:

Samael, Azazel, Abbadon and Ramiel- Pretty much any of the Grigori.

And though maybe not an Angel, it would be nice to see the other Secret Chief that Aleister Crowley was known to have interacted with - LAM.
I was actually thinking the same thing. I was wondering if LAM would show up sooner or later as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Since when are transformers from the Age of Horus

I'm serious, who in the fuck is Metatron? Megatron's long-lost gay half-brother?

SERIOUSLY WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT
Google is your friend.
Old 2011-07-28, 17:42   Link #12266
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quick readthrough later, I have to ask:

Why would this...Metatron (sorry, can't get over the name) -- the Heavenly Scribe, mediator between humans and God, the angel who relays God's daily commands to Gabriel and Sammael , the only other Angel permitted to sit in Heaven besides God, the "lesser [God]" -- be of the Age of Horus?

Sure, he sounds even more GAR that Gabriel, but isn't the current God part of the Osiris Age? The current God is of Monotheism, while the Age of Horus would be of Agnostism/Atheism or whatever, right?

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-28, 17:49   Link #12267
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Quick readthrough later, I have to ask:

Why would this...Metatron (sorry, can't get over the name) -- the Heavenly Scribe, mediator between humans and God, the angel who relays God's daily commands to Gabriel and Sammael , the only other Angel permitted to sit in Heaven besides God, the "lesser [God]" -- be of the Age of Horus?

Sure, he sounds even more GAR that Gabriel, but isn't the current God part of the Osiris Age? The current God is of Monotheism, while the Age of Horus would be of Agnostism/Atheism or whatever, right?
Because Metatron isn't human?

These Aeons are a classificaction of how is interpreted their comprehension about the reigns above humans reign.
Its a matter of intepretation.
Old 2011-07-28, 17:55   Link #12268
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Still, I think Kyon has a point; I believe anything that is under the current 'God' is to be consisted in the Aeon of Osiris, because if you look at the description for the Aeon of Horus- Individuality and finding the individual's True Will are the dominant aspects.

Even if he's a Human that became an Angel, he's still serving God.
Old 2011-07-28, 18:33   Link #12269
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Given that some interpretations of Metatron have him being a human who ascended to Heaven as an angel, it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility for him to shift into the Age of Horus if he retained his free will. But I agree: He's most likely firmly within the Age of Osiris.
Old 2011-07-28, 18:38   Link #12270
Miraluka
Banned

Oh, I thought he mean that God himself is on Osiris when is the christianism as doctrine which is on Osiris, it wouldn't make sense if Aleister wants surpass God when he is at Horus' Aeon already. That makes me think that even reaching Horus there ir still "something else".
Old 2011-07-28, 19:09   Link #12271
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^

Touma=Aquarius

Age of Aquarius=??? (It exists apparently...)

Old 2011-07-28, 19:17   Link #12272
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That makes me think that even reaching Horus there ir still "something else".
Agreed. I'm betting there's something similar to La Superiore a Dio within the Age of Horus, or the La Superiore a Dio process may actually be the same within all three Ages, but each Age grants a different existence to the one who achieves it.
Old 2011-07-28, 19:34   Link #12273
Miraluka
Banned

RSS2 Chapter 2 complete.
Old 2011-07-28, 22:18   Link #12274
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
By the way, I'll drop the list of characters from the Archives (both Index and Railgun) and Audio Drama here.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Audio Drama
Terunoa - a self-proclaimed "former" magician. She sneaks inside Academy City to attempt to destroy by using an earthquake-summoning spell.
Yasumi Usukinu - kouhai of both Mikoto and Kuroko. She challenges Mikoto to confirm if a certain myth about defeating Mikoto is true.

Index Archives 1
"Shakti" - a baby girl that is found on Touma's doorstep. Later revealed to possess magical power.
Harisha - a Hindu woman who infiltrates Academy City to escape being pursued. Her magic revolves around mantra and can control animals by infusing mantra on them.
Laksha - a sadhu; Harisha's sister and pursuer. She is supposed to gain possession of "Shakti" as a member of a certain Hindu sect. She controls a pair of magical chakrams that can be controlled remotely.

Index Archives 2
"Absolute Fortune" Boy - an unnamed young kid who brags being blessed by "absolute fortune". It turns out that he possesses a weak form of mind control that he can use to fool people.
Wasn't there some archive story with Kaori asking Touma to help her 'sister'?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-07-28, 22:35   Link #12275
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@Endscape, I suspect that Index Archives 3 covers that part with Touma's "sister" and Kaori.
EDIT: Welp, turns out I was wrong.

Update for Audio Dramas/Archives Character List:
Railgun Archives 2
"Nekota" - a black cat that Mikoto finds. It appears to be immune to Mikoto's electromagnetic fields.
Yoshino Usui - researcher from the Animal Activity Control Research Laboratory. She is able to control animals by using electromagnetic waves, and she uses them to extract personal information.

We still have Index Archives 3 and 4, Index II Archives 1 and 2 and Railgun Archives 3 untranslated.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-07-28, 22:37   Link #12276
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Wasn't there some archive story with Kaori asking Touma to help her 'sister'?
That's not from the Archive.

I heard of this before, but it's kinda weird because Kanzaki Kaori, a health 18 years old teenage girl, has a younger sister who has a child
Old 2011-07-28, 22:46   Link #12277
Miraluka
Banned

Youngs these days . Ok, maybe her younger sister (?) is the about the same age 17-18? Then it wouldn't be that weird.
Old 2011-07-28, 23:04   Link #12278
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
That's not from the Archive.

I heard of this before, but it's kinda weird because Kanzaki Kaori, a health 18 years old teenage girl, has a younger sister who has a child
Where was it stated that she had a younger sibling?
Old 2011-07-28, 23:32   Link #12279
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Where was it stated that she had a younger sibling?
It was an obscure side story from somewhere that nobody has ever read, whether or not it's canon is up to debate.

EDIT:

Suddenly, I had this flashback to FFXIII with Lightning and Sera...
Old 2011-07-29, 01:03   Link #12280
leukrota

Quote:
Still, I think Kyon has a point; I believe anything that is under the current 'God' is to be consisted in the Aeon of Osiris, because if you look at the description for the Aeon of Horus- Individuality and finding the individual's True Will are the dominant aspects.

Indeed, if we are to see beings related the Aeon of Horus then it would be the ones you could find in the Book of Law, like Babalon or Therion, who are supposed to be Thelemic Deities...

Actually, I found something interesting about the Book of Law:
Quote:
Osiris, the Dying God, who represents the Old Order of Monotheism and Restriction, can be linked to the human ego. Horus, the Child of the New Aeon, is beyond the illusion of the human ego, and He realizes Himself in the All. It is the ego that assumes it is the Child of Therion to the exclusion of others. It is self-centered and restricting in kind. Whereas it is Horus, the Child Himself, who realizes Himself, not only in one, but also in All. It is a universal and liberating experience. The Child of Therion has many faces and many forms, and He is everywhere to be seen by those of us who have arisen and awaken under the Great Sun of Unity!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen