AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 10:22   Link #41
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ I know what you did there
Old 2012-12-05, 10:34   Link #42
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
My god. I did not see that coming.
Kinda inevitable what with it being the 15th bestselling manga series this year. Though how they're going to make it clean enough for broadcast television without blacking out the screen for half of each episode, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Project Attack and this is attack of the giants... Nichigo or taking over from psycho pass or robotic notes in spring?
Ugh, no. I'd much rather noitaminA go back to more traditional noitaminA type shows in the spring and let this air somewhere else.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 12:43   Link #43
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

so this is fixed already?

I thought they withdrawed the website
Old 2012-12-05, 13:44   Link #44
kyouray
2D > 3D

YAAAAAAAAAAY.
Quote:
Pony canyon bsck all the non kadokawa shows for kyo ani. Oh god this could've been done by kyoani... Would back them over WIT.. and might've meant no CGI giants... LeSigh..
Please no.
BONES, where are you
Old 2012-12-05, 13:53   Link #45
Jetzero Infinity

Honestly I don't get the CGI complaints. If it were a smaller studio I might understand but Wit Studio is still Production I.G. in a way and they do pretty decent CG in comparison to most other studios...plus with the way the giants are designed I think we'd probably end up with CG models no matter who picked it up...

Well it may not be worth worrying over till we actually know that's the case
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 14:00   Link #46
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
YAAAAAAAAAAY.

Please no.
Don't complain or I'll trap you in a parallel dimension where this is animated by satelight
Old 2012-12-05, 14:24   Link #47
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

This is like, something I always looked forward to, but in my dream world it was going to be done by BONES with Nakamura on board for the action cuts, because really, the action scenes in this are all so amazing, but they can't really be easily translated into animation unless the people handling it are incredibly talented.

Anyhow... are there any confirmations about the studio and all, or are we just all up in the air and waiting? Not too up to date with the whole PROJECT ATTACK stuff you people are discussing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyhow, just too much potential here to be ruined by a bad staff list, unfortunately!
Old 2012-12-05, 14:29   Link #48
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
This is like, something I always look forward to, but in my dream world it was going to be done by BONES with Nakamura on board for the action cuts, because really, the action scenes in this are all so amazing, but they can't really be easily translated into animation unless the people handling it are incredibly talented.

Anyhow... are there any confirmations about the studio and all, or are we just all up in the air and waiting? Not too up to date with the whole PROJECT ATTACK stuff you people are discussing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyhow, just too much potential here to be ruined by a bad staff list, unfortunately!
If it is the Project Attack from earlier than the staff list is pretty good.

I know Araki got a lot of flack for Guilty Crown, but he's pretty at directing adaptions since his more over the top style works a bit better in that regard and that should work out pretty well here. Wonder who'll they'll get for the music though. I know composers are usually tied in with whoever's producing it but I'm not that familar with the ones Pony Canon normally uses.
Old 2012-12-05, 14:49   Link #49
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I was checking the Project Attack staff list thing, and if it's Araki directing and Yasuko Kobayashi writing, I gotta say that's certainly not a bad looking staff, per se. Araki I feel wasn't exactly guilty for how Guilty Crown turned out (hah!), since the show was flawed to begin with due to the awful characters and story, and Kobayashi has worked on some, in my view, pretty successful adaptations such as the JoJo one that's currently on air and the first season of Shakugan no Shana, which I liked to some extent.

As for WiT... that's what gets me a bit more worried. I know they could do good work, but who knows how things turn out these days. A-1 is pretty big and Magi is a pretty important property, and yet we've all seen how little care seems to be put into that show in a constant basis. The sales for the manga surely picked up, but the ride, quality-wise, has been pretty bumpy for our arabian inspired friends.

Oh, and last but not least, related to your music thing, I know for sure who I'd LIKE to be involved with it, but it doesn't seem like it'd be very much possible. Sawano is definitely my favourite anime composer right now and I'm sure his style would fit like a glove for a series like Shingeki.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2012-12-05 at 15:24.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 15:42   Link #50
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Oh, and last but not least, related to your music thing, I know for sure who I'd LIKE to be involved with it, but it doesn't seem like it'd be very much possible. Sawano is definitely my favourite anime composer right now and I'm sure his style would fit like a glove for a series like Shingeki.
The problem however is since Sawano is a Sony Music-only composer, I'm going to expect Yasuharu Takanashi to compose the music instead. His work on Naruto Shippuden is amazing, so are Fairy Tail and The Ambition of Oda Nobuna. Another suggestion might be Toshihiko Sahashi, since I liked his Hunter X Hunter soundtrack, but also worked on a lot of other action-packed titles, such as Full Metal Panic!, Gundam SEED, Reborn! and recently, Sacred Seven and Saint Seiya Omega.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 15:45   Link #51
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

This why I said it wouldn't be quite possible. Takanashi wouldn't be bad, either, and he's definitely up there in the list, especially since he's definitely got the knack for some really pumping action themes. Gotta love the guitar riffs a bunch of his tracks have.

Anyway, I guess we'll know soon enough if we should even associate this to the Project Attack thing. Only... three days to go?
Old 2012-12-05, 15:54   Link #52
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Don't complain or I'll trap you in a parallel dimension where this is animated by satelight

Well, that aside and all I must admit that the prospect of watching a series where giants eat people is not really my cup of tea and such. :\
Old 2012-12-05, 15:54   Link #53
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Honestly I don't get the CGI complaints. If it were a smaller studio I might understand but Wit Studio is still Production I.G. in a way and they do pretty decent CG in comparison to most other studios...plus with the way the giants are designed I think we'd probably end up with CG models no matter who picked it up...

Well it may not be worth worrying over till we actually know that's the case
You're right about IG and CG but we're talking about animating giants : we need strength, power and inertia that common CG can't provide. As Blue-kun said, BONES and Yutaka Nakamura would have been perfect. I know Wit Studio isn't that small but I expected more ambition for a such popular & powerful manga.
This 'presumed' staff isn't bad indeed and rather competent. I think action scenes won't be a problem for Araki but I'm less confident for serious parts. Well I won't drag on since we don't have any staff confirmation yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You're atrocious
I know I should be glad there's a Shingeki no Kyojin anime
Old 2012-12-05, 16:06   Link #54
Utsuro no Hako

I think this pretty much confirms that this is Project attack:

Top is from the manga cover, bottom the Project Attack teaser. Same font, same color, similar grunge effect.
Old 2012-12-05, 16:19   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Welp, this thread sure has managed to bring down my initial excitement after seeing "Shingeki no Kyojin" in the upcoming series section
Or rather, it would be more accurate to see it brought me back to earth. WIT will probably do a decent job, but I wish this had been given to a bigger studio.

Quote:
Project Attack and this is attack of the giants... Nichigo or taking over from psycho pass or robotic notes in spring?
Nichigo? Isn't it a little too dark and violent to take over that slot?
Old 2012-12-05, 16:22   Link #56
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Welp, this thread sure has managed to bring down my initial excitement after seeing "Shingeki no Kyojin" in the upcoming series section
Or rather, it would be more accurate to see it brought me back to earth. WIT will probably do a decent job, but I wish this had been given to a bigger studio.

Nichigo? Isn't it a little too dark and violent to take over that slot?
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood got away with decapitation and other kinds of gore and this series isn't exactly Deadman Wonderland levels of violent. I think it could be on that timeslot without much censorship.
Old 2012-12-05, 16:36   Link #57
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood got away with decapitation and other kinds of gore and this series isn't exactly Deadman Wonderland levels of violent. I think it could be on that timeslot without much censorship.
Okay, I just received volume 3 from Amazon. Flipping through, it took me only ten pages to get to a close-up of a severed limb and two pages after that for a pile of dismembered bodies. I just don't see this playing on daytime TV without being toned down.
Old 2012-12-05, 16:45   Link #58
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Okay, I just received volume 3 from Amazon. Flipping through, it took me only ten pages to get to a close-up of a severed limb and two pages after that for a pile of dismembered bodies. I just don't see this playing on daytime TV without being toned down.
Eh guess you have a point there though honestly I think they might end up trying to put it in that timeslot regardless given the popularity of the manga. Plus if they decided to get really over the top with the violence it would probably be censored even if it was late night

I think it'll end up being more of a wait and see thing. It could go either way depending on what their proritizing.

Last edited by Jetzero Infinity; 2012-12-05 at 16:59.
Old 2012-12-05, 16:51   Link #59
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I think this pretty much confirms that this is Project attack:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-u...ttackTitan.jpg

Top is from the manga cover, bottom the Project Attack teaser. Same font, same color, similar grunge effect.
2ch also noticed shingeki.tv's whois result but project-attack.com doesn't give the same results
Quote:
http://www.shingeki.tv/
Domain Name: shingeki.tv
Created On: 2012-10-31 09:48:37.0
Last Updated On: 2012-11-05 14:35:09.0
Expiration Date: 2013-10-31 09:48:37.0
Registrant Name: Kobayashi Satoshi
Registrant Organization: Pony Canyon Inc.
Old 2012-12-05, 17:05   Link #60
Jetzero Infinity

^
Guess that settles it then.

On a somewhat different note. I wonder what the episode count will look like. In the event it does actually end up in the Nichigou slot it has enough material for a 4-cour show if they decided to go that route, and off the top of my head I can't think of a particularly good stopping point that would work if they wanted to go for a second season. I'm probably overthinking it a bit much though

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence