AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-09-23, 09:34   Link #141
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX
Seems our prayers have been answered. Someone is currently working on translating Minagoroshi-hen

http://www.makenaidesuwayo.com/2006/...on-tl-annouce/

I just hope this old piece of junk computer will be able to run it.
OMG! Awesome!
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 17:05   Link #142
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Well, after downloading AGTH, my task has become ten times as fast. I'd recommend to anyone else currently looking up all the kanji.
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 20:23   Link #143
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

For the minagoroshi-hen translation link that really is awesome, people like me too unintelligent to translate Japanese shall be able to know the truth. My only question is will we have to buy the game and install a translation patch or download it? I would so buy it if need be, well after Christmas takes a large chunk out of my money of course ^_^'.
Chibi_Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 20:40   Link #144
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi_Faerie
For the minagoroshi-hen translation link that really is awesome, people like me too unintelligent to translate Japanese shall be able to know the truth. My only question is will we have to buy the game and install a translation patch or download it? I would so buy it if need be, well after Christmas takes a large chunk out of my money of course ^_^'.
There's a new post on http://zettai.makenaidesuwayo.com/ :

Quote:
[...]The distribution method (subject to change but I doubt it) is that we will release patches for the japanese version to convert the appropriate text into english.

Meaning you will need to original game to be able to make use of our translation.
So, you will need the original game.

And it looks like this patch will be out right after the anime ends.

Quote:
[...]If you’re worried you may waste your money on buying some game you can’t read and the patches end up not coming out, feel free to wait until we release something to start ordering, though the wait will be tough, fufufu, trust me if the anime ends the way it should end.

-ayyo
Old 2006-09-23, 21:18   Link #145
MarthX

You can always get it through torrents if you know where to look. I'm sure once the patch is released, the demand for the game will be so high it'll be easy to find.
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 21:34   Link #146
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
My only question is will we have to buy the game and install a translation patch or download it? I would so buy it if need be, well after Christmas takes a large chunk out of my money of course ^_^'.
Pff, it's not exactly expensive. Answer arc CD from paletweb = $30.99 including shipping. Then you've got it there in case someone decides to translate Matsuribayashi too. If you enjoy the anime it's WELL worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan
And it looks like this patch will be out right after the anime ends.
lol what. I think you seriously misread that, he's saying the wait between the end of the anime and the patch will be agonising. Not even a professional translation team could translate the whole of Minagoroshi in 2 weeks (less than 1 week until the raws end)
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 22:40   Link #147
Chibi_Faerie

I suppose 30 bucks isn't so bad after all, just have a load of birthdays and Xmas, and a computer that I seem to be having to pay more money for than I first thought I would >.< *Hates computer guy with passion at moment, wants to send Higurashi characters after him with some of the stuff he has pulled... Pictures Rena going after him with ax mwahahahahaha... * But I am so going to try ordering it then when I get the chance, this is a must get for me. Is that a rough price or is it more with shipping and is there any particular place I should order it that's trustworthy?? I don't like ordering stuff online aside from chapters.ca... Agh it's so worth it for this game >.<. Since I highly doubt I will be satisfied with just seeing Tsumihoroboshi-hen for the final chapter lol... heck I am probably going to want to see the rest of the chapters anyways.
Old 2006-09-24, 01:41   Link #148
Freakman

Marthx : Please do not encourage piracy *^_^*
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 02:58   Link #149
MarthX

Quote:
I tried installing the first game just to get a feel of it. While it was installing it gave me an error in gibberish (Windows 98 can't display Japanese characters apparently). Since the error was in gibberish there was no way to tell what went wrong. I hope the error was caused because of the text and not something else.

EDIT: The error happens on a txt file after it extracts the MP3s. Makes me wonder if it would work with a zip file with all the files already extracted.
Seems the error is caused from the txt file name being in Japanese and Windows can't display gibberish in the file name. I've tried searching for a solution to no avail.
Old 2006-09-24, 05:48   Link #150
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

You know, I had a look at some of the TIPS, and the last one for Onikakushi-hen is pretty scary with the music and everything.
Old 2006-09-24, 06:33   Link #151
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Is that a rough price or is it more with shipping and is there any particular place I should order it that's trustworthy?? I don't like ordering stuff online aside from chapters.ca... Agh it's so worth it for this game >.<. Since I highly doubt I will be satisfied with just seeing Tsumihoroboshi-hen for the final chapter lol... heck I am probably going to want to see the rest of the chapters anyways.
http://www.paletweb.com $30.99 is the exact price including Airmail shipping, and they are trustworthy. I have a pretty nice pile of stuff I've ordered from that site and never had a single problem
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 07:16   Link #152
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
lol what. I think you seriously misread that, he's saying the wait between the end of the anime and the patch will be agonising. Not even a professional translation team could translate the whole of Minagoroshi in 2 weeks (less than 1 week until the raws end)
Now that you talked, yes, I seriously misread that(>.<).

But I think they haven't started just now to translate the game, at http://zettai.makenaidesuwayo.com/ you can see some images of the game.
Old 2006-09-24, 08:43   Link #153
Chibi_Faerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
http://www.paletweb.com $30.99 is the exact price including Airmail shipping, and they are trustworthy. I have a pretty nice pile of stuff I've ordered from that site and never had a single problem
Eeee that is awesome!! Thanks Valdra, *Looks at the nifty Higurashi stuff* It's a great site too with seemingly reasonable prices. Going to have to save it and order once I know this patch is official, or order it any way and look at the shiny pictures through the game and wonder what it says! At least it seems now there will be time enough for the patch. *nods* I like how you just have to buy the newest arc to get the rest of the arcs too so easily if I remember what I read before correctly.
Old 2006-09-24, 09:40   Link #154
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

I'll surely buy this game (I know where to download, but I think this one is worth buying) once the first patch is out.

I just don't know if it will work with my Windows XP since I don't have east asian fonts installed...

Well... I once installed and played "Gore Screaming Show" perfectly. And it is a sound novel too... Who knows... The only problem was that during installation I got unreadable chars. After that, everything nomal

Can anyone say if it will work with Higurashi? hehehhe
Old 2006-09-24, 09:41   Link #155
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley
I'll surely buy this game (I know where to download, but I think this one is worth buying) once the first patch is out.

I just don't know if it will work with my Windows XP since I don't have east asian fonts installed...

Well... I once installed and played "Gore Screaming Show" perfectly. And it is a sound novel too... Who knows... The only problem was that during installation I got unreadable chars. After that, everything nomal

I recommend downloading the first game off the official site, to see if it'll work.
Old 2006-09-24, 09:48   Link #156
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:

Use the link I posted earlier in the thread and all will be well.
Old 2006-09-24, 09:51   Link #157
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
I recommend downloading the first game off the official site, to see if it'll work.
wow
Thanks
I didn't even know there was such a thing...
Old 2006-09-24, 10:13   Link #158
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
wow
Thanks
I didn't even know there was such a thing...
The demo is working fine

The only problem are the windows menus hehhe

They're all squares

Well
At least it works

Could someone tell me (if it's not much trouble) what are the menus?
there are 9 of them and the seveth one is CD-DA (the first one is fullscreen/window screen)
Old 2006-09-24, 10:25   Link #159
MarthX

Quote:
The demo is working fine

The only problem are the windows menus hehhe

They're all squares

Well
At least it works

Could someone tell me (if it's not much trouble) what are the menus?
there are 9 of them and the seveth one is CD-DA (the first one is fullscreen/window screen)

Yeah, at least it works. I can't get it to work.
Old 2006-09-24, 10:34   Link #160
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:

Yeah, at least it works. I can't get it to work.
Try to install Arial Unicode-MS fonts
Maybe it helps