AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-11, 12:36   Link #6661
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
He doesn't have it anymore, the pactio was only in effect for the Rakan fight.
Somehow I remembering something very vague related to Theodora's being nearby that made Negi able to use the pactio card ... anyone else remember something like this?
Old 2011-02-11, 13:47   Link #6662
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
He doesn't have it anymore, the pactio was only in effect for the Rakan fight.
ah uh yeah, well I didnt mean Hama no tsurugi, I mean this
Spoiler for houma:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 16:49   Link #6663
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
... which, the more that I think about it, the less sense that decision makes. "Sure, let's hand the kid an immensely powerful weapon for the friendly tournament fight, but take it away when it's time for him to legitimately save the world!" I mean, I know that Negi wants to stand on his own power and all that, but...
Two reasons for why Negi's artifact was a "tournament only" thing:

1. The idea behind the item is that it enabled the Pactio abilites of Negi's Ministra Magi to be used by him in a scenario where they aren't able to help him, the tournament final.

2. If Negi still had the artifact after the tournament, then people would complain that it would make his students obsolete (as he can simply use his artifact to summon their Pactio item).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
ah uh yeah, well I didnt mean Hama no tsurugi, I mean this
Spoiler for houma:
Spoiler for houma:
Old 2011-02-12, 16:01   Link #6664
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

if you think about it, the Negi that fought Jack Rakan in the tournament was actually stronger than the Negi about to fight Fate right now.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 16:17   Link #6665
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
if you think about it, the Negi that fought Jack Rakan in the tournament was actually stronger than the Negi about to fight Fate right now.
Hrm ... well, if you mean because of the magic nullification sword, etc. options he had b/c of the pactio card ... maybe.

In terms of the strength he had internally without the pactio card ... I would disagree.

But that is neither here nor there, perhaps.
Old 2011-02-12, 16:52   Link #6666
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Negi's way stronger than before. He tore the Fate of Fire in half and owned the Water one with a finger. If Fate was able to tank the blows from Rakan while Rakan was actually trying to kill him and was able to keep held together I think Negi tearing one in half proves he's a lot stronger now.

Negi before had more strategic ability with the houma but like TN said the group would become obsolete to him really well power wise. It's a decision no one would make if ever given to them but it had to be done to keep the plot rolling so everyone can be a "Main Character" lol
Old 2011-02-12, 18:27   Link #6667
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

317 in english is available.
Old 2011-02-12, 19:08   Link #6668
GreatTeacherKen

Spoiler for 317:
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 00:24   Link #6669
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Negi's way stronger than before. He tore the Fate of Fire in half and owned the Water one with a finger. If Fate was able to tank the blows from Rakan while Rakan was actually trying to kill him and was able to keep held together I think Negi tearing one in half proves he's a lot stronger now.
Technically that would say that Negi has already surpassed Nagi as well since Nagi defeated Fate but he still looked like he had to put a lot of effort into it.

This is why I didnt quite like Negi beating the other Averruncus so easily...they are supposed to have the same strength, yet Tertium seemed so much stronger than lighting one (forgot his serial number). Fate also mentioned how he has never trained either so this difference in strength still doesnt make sense to me...but w/e I dont really think about it much since it was still awesome to see.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 00:26   Link #6670
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Technically that would say that Negi has already surpassed Nagi as well since Nagi defeated Fate but he still looked like he had to put a lot of effort into it.

This is why I didnt quite like Negi beating the other Averruncus so easily...they are supposed to have the same strength, yet Tertium seemed so much stronger than lighting one (forgot his serial number). Fate also mentioned how he has never trained either so this difference in strength still doesnt make sense to me...but w/e I dont really think about it much since it was still awesome to see.
Battle experience works as training.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 01:41   Link #6671
nines
I much prefer the 2d

The Fates aren't simply puppets they have emotions and all that. During the fight between Tetrium and Quintum his flash backs to Rakan and there effect making Tetrium let go of his bonds to the other Fates and making the plan go the way he wants it to gave him the ability the surpass the others since they are all acting like normal puppets like how he was before.

Nagi said don't ever underestimate humanity. Well apparently Fate found his humanity at that moment in a sense.
Old 2011-02-13, 01:56   Link #6672
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Technically that would say that Negi has already surpassed Nagi as well since Nagi defeated Fate but he still looked like he had to put a lot of effort into it
Here's what I think...the current Fate is one of the set that master the earth element, with other version of Fate that master another elements. However, is it the same with the past Fate that Negi fought for the first time ? I mean, the past could be stronger than the current Fate who only mastered earth element

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 15:18   Link #6673
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

^^ I think it's more that the Averruncus series started out as mere puppets, but develop emotions as they continue to exist. Fate has been around the longest, so he's the most emotional.
Old 2011-02-13, 18:57   Link #6674
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseTeeth View Post
^^ I think it's more that the Averruncus series started out as mere puppets, but develop emotions as they continue to exist. Fate has been around the longest, so he's the most emotional.
Explain why then, while Quintum and Sextum were rather stoic, Quartum was taking sadistic glee in attacking the members of Team Negi, and expressed disappointment that he wasn't allowed to kill them.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 20:26   Link #6675
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Explain why then, while Quintum and Sextum were rather stoic, Quartum was taking sadistic glee in attacking the members of Team Negi, and expressed disappointment that he wasn't allowed to kill them.
Because he's a firestarter, twisted firestarter. He's the fear addicted, danger illustrated.
Old 2011-02-13, 20:57   Link #6676
GreatTeacherKen

In any case, the introduction of the other Fates has illustrated how much Tertium has changed; he's acting more like a human and we can thank Jack Rakan for sparking this change.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 12:56   Link #6677
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
In any case, the introduction of the other Fates has illustrated how much Tertium has changed; he's acting more like a human and we can thank Jack Rakan for sparking this change.
Negi had a hand in it too, although I would completely agree that Rakan is the most recent catalyst in this.
Old 2011-02-22, 09:44   Link #6678
AlaAlba

Spoiler for 318:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 23:49   Link #6679
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Yeah, I don't expect the Negi/Fate battle to start (or end) anytime soon. I'm more curious as to Mana's and Setsuna's fights. They might all end at the same time, as a kind of "who the hell do you think we are?!" moment.
Old 2011-02-23, 12:10   Link #6680
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

It's very stupid to stall the fight's start so long when they are supposed to be in such a tight deadline before, you know, EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE DISAPPEARS.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy