AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-01-13, 19:31   Link #381
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

perfect timing for a fairy tale........a lot of the sites are listing this as a romance so i'm corssing my finger for something more than just slice of life with hint of romance
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 20:34   Link #382
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Watching again, I think if the "Need of God" will be one of main themes of this Anime.

Last edited by Rhyel; 2008-01-13 at 20:49.
Rhyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 20:48   Link #383
Random Wanderer

...Bah. You know, I normally don't pick up an anime right after it's just started airing. I prefer to wait a few episodes in, so I can watch several at once. This time I got sucked into this one, and now I must pay the price of having to WAIT for the next episode, first for it to air at all, and next for it to be subbed.

Drives me absolutely nuts. I swear I have no patience at all.

And a second problem is that if the wait is too long, the excitement of watching the series wears off. There have been a number of series where that happened to me, GOOD series, and I'm still stalled partway through them, simply because once the excitement wears off I don't bother getting back to them.

A smart person would wait until the series is entirely out and just watch it that way. (A shame that doesn't always work either...) But I guess I lack the willpower for that.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 21:12   Link #384
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Only three more days for the raw. Actually, two, depending on what time it is in the land of the rising sun.
Old 2008-01-13, 21:14   Link #385
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Only three more days for the raw. Actually, two, depending on what time it is in the land of the rising sun.
Three whole days. And then, since I have no way of getting raws, that means AT LEAST another two days waiting for subs. More likely another week.
Old 2008-01-13, 21:30   Link #386
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Get the raws from the same place everyone else does: TT.
Old 2008-01-13, 21:34   Link #387
Random Wanderer

I don't use bitTorrent, which I presume eliminates any chance of that anyway.

Anyway, I'm just complaining. I hate waiting. And I really don't want this to become one of the series that I forget to get back to.
Old 2008-01-13, 21:35   Link #388
Westlo
Lets be reality

You know I watched the ED again to have a look at those nifty pictures and I have to admit it grew on me.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:20   Link #389
Anime Hate Machine

Most anticipated show for me this season.
Anime Hate Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:37   Link #390
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Three whole days. And then, since I have no way of getting raws, that means AT LEAST another two days waiting for subs. More likely another week.
There is another solution: nicovideo.jp The catch is that you have to sign up on a Japanese page and then wait until your privilege level rises enough to use the site. But you might give it a try, anyway. And once you are accepted, there is a wealth of stuff there that isn't on YouTube. Some things have even been put there officially, by their producers. I guess the companies figure it's just Flash, and the quality isn't high enough to stop people buying the DVD.

The weird feature of NicoNico is that people can comment on whatever they're watching, so there's a stream of more or less amusing comments flowing across the screen. But you can turn them off by clicking the "comment" box.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-01-14 at 03:08.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 22:37   Link #391
Hayami
lonely soul

I just want to say a big thank you to ADTRW for releasing a nicely translated HQ version of ep.1. Too bad there's no way to post comments on their site nor is it possible to register in their forum. I hope they continue subbing this wonderful show!
Old 2008-01-13, 22:49   Link #392
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The weird feature of NicoNico is that people can comment on whatever they're watching, so there's a stream of more or less amusing comments flowing across the screen. But you can turn them off by clicking the "comment" box.
Why did no one ever tell me that ? I would have used that site so much more often if there wasn't a stream of comments that I couldn't even understand blanketing the screen. Thanks for the info there.

This is probably one of the few new series that leaves me this eager for the next one. Luckily its not too much longer before we can find the raw episode and BBS was pretty quick with their translation so not much of a wait there.

Maybe because I've re-watched the first episode more times than I can count. But that ED does start to grow on you after a while.
Old 2008-01-13, 23:25   Link #393
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
I don't use bitTorrent, which I presume eliminates any chance of that anyway.
Oh, wow, how do you get your fix? It's not like BitTorrent bites or anything. I assume you live someplace that watches network traffic very, very closely?
Old 2008-01-13, 23:31   Link #394
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Oh, wow, how do you get your fix? It's not like BitTorrent bites or anything. I assume you live someplace that watches network traffic very, very closely?
It's partially voluntary because I don't like bitTorrent, and partially because the people who run my network don't want bitTorrent running on it. There aren't any active restrictions against it, but still I figure there's no point in upsetting them by doing something I don't really want to do anyway.

I use DDL sites when I can, and mIRC when I can't. Those get the job done, although sometimes it takes longer than I like to find someplace that has the episodes I want.
Old 2008-01-13, 23:42   Link #395
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Hate Machine View Post
Most anticipated show for me this season.
, I just finished episode 1 and I'm impressed. I'm happy at the style of animation and the choose a perfect cast of seiyuus. Also, for some reason Horo reminds me of Yuuko, which is great . I can't wait to see how they will end the this series. The OP and Ed is good I have to admit.

Ookami to Koushinryou is on my list of series to watch closely.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 23:45   Link #396
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
It's partially voluntary because I don't like bitTorrent, and partially because the people who run my network don't want bitTorrent running on it. There aren't any active restrictions against it, but still I figure there's no point in upsetting them by doing something I don't really want to do anyway.

I use DDL sites when I can, and mIRC when I can't. Those get the job done, although sometimes it takes longer than I like to find someplace that has the episodes I want.

its ironic that you don't like Bittorrent, while you comment on a forum for a bittorrent site.....

besides you sholud use the simple and lightweight utorrent client and turn on encryption to bypass traffic shaping which is the most common method that ISP try to use in a futile attempt to stop bittorrent.

I know mine does, utorrent works perfectly on mine.
Old 2008-01-13, 23:59   Link #397
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
its ironic that you don't like Bittorrent, while you comment on a forum for a bittorrent site.....
Ironic is one word for it, I suppose.

I was invited here some time back by someone who suggested that my way of responding to anime, episode by episode with an overwhelming concern for the characters, would fit in better here than on another forum I frequent. They were probably right. Folks are certainly more talkative here.

Anyway. I didn't really mean to derail the thread. Certainly not this much.

There seems, given the OP and the first episode, to be plenty of potential plotlines this can follow. We have the church who obviously won't like having a "pagan" goddess wandering around. There's the giant, glowing-red-eyed wolf we saw in the OP, who didn't look much like Horo and struck me as being possibly evil. There was a blond girl with a dog or a wolf at her side. There's Chloe, of course. And just basic traveling, and journeying to Horo's homeland. That's a lot to fit into 12 episodes.
Old 2008-01-14, 00:08   Link #398
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

The blond girl with the dog is a shepard Horo and Lawrence should meet very soon, if the anime follows the novels any. Same girl in the ED with the sheep falling from the sky.
Old 2008-01-14, 00:16   Link #399
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly doesn't seem like the story will be lacking things to do that's for sure. At least we can expect some interesting times.

The church side of things seems pretty interesting. If they thought a festival was something to get on edge about, a girl going around with wolf ears and tail could be seen as a demon to them. While I'm sure Horo could take them in a fight still something to keep an eye on.

Plus if the ED has anything to say about it we should be seeing plenty of apples along the way . But really just with traveling, Lawrence doing his job as a merchant and what may come in that area, plus all that was mentioned above it should be a full series of events.
Old 2008-01-14, 01:02   Link #400
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Anyway, ep1 of Ookami to Koushinryou 狼と香辛料 is here. I think it's okay to post that link, since the Japanese companies don't seem to be removing shows from NicoNico, but a mod should let me know.

Depending on the anime, nicovideo will remove them based on studio request. People repeatedly upload deleted ep's though. If a relatively old ep has less than say...15k views, then it most likely has been reuploaded because it was deleted...kinda OT but yeah :P

Kind of a spoiler:
Spoiler:
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen