Notices

Old 2011-07-08, 10:09   Link #81
Jenesay

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Okay you win Let's extend that to all the girls XD

Pleaselettherebeabathepisode

There was someone who said that Jirou ought to beat his sis for all that trouble she gives him, I say man, with a mom like hers I don't think that's a good idea

That was me joking and taking a stab at the Guy vs girl thing lol. It just wouldn't work out
Probably not in this anime no.

However, watching the male lead getting beaten up for no reason other than comedy passed it's due date years ago. Also, it's annoying to watch someone getting beaten up all the time without any repercussions.

In this day and age of sex-equality, if the men can get beaten to a bloody pulp, then yeah, the male lead should really give his sister a hard slap to make her stop.
Jenesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 10:11   Link #82
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Hm hmm. That's probably why I like MM!, his beatings were a cure, although it's not hard to see both parties enjoyed it to an extent. Now Girls Bravo, poor guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh isn't this world just wonderful---...
We... should thank Ishihara, right? All this is coming from Japan after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
How many episodes will this one got anyway?
Like to echo this too. Anyone? Not really capable right now what with my conn and all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Unfortunately, Tohsaka kinda made me a Zettai Ryouiki fetishist, so I actually prefer the school uniform. XD
Ah, to me, it's always about the legs, and Zettai ryouiki takes the cake I just hope Narumi gets a lot of screen time, she looks great in pantyhose
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 10:54   Link #83
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
ah at last a decent anime this season

Gotta hand it to the main guy, just by pushing a girl away from danger he undresses the top and bottom of her in a single movement and even cops a feel at the same time....quite skillful
I was surprised by that scene He is defiantly skillful to do that in such a short time .
Old 2011-07-08, 11:06   Link #84
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Eh, I might have a hard time seeing a girl get beat on. Afraid of guys, sure, but to have guys punch her left and right.... Ikkitousen? *runs*
I dont know about you, but a lot of girls in anime lately really need a well deserved beatings which I will absolutely enjoy if that happens. That aside, I might give this show a few more episodes I guess.
Old 2011-07-08, 11:09   Link #85
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

There needs to be a series with a male lead that becomes either a raging sex maniac or tentacle monster when touched by a girl. The whole phobia of women thing is so... bleh.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 11:10   Link #86
Midonin
Last Engage

Either of those options presents a totally screwed up idea of what being a man is. While it's true that Kinjiro needs to work on his phobia, going in the other direction and becoming a hypermasculine rapist would be equally as, if not more, stupid.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 11:37   Link #87
mangatron

In other words, that's a setting for a hentai anime

Seriously guys, this is late night on-TV stuff, I don't think something like that would make sense unless it's a highly slapsticky comedy. I know the spineless male lead is getting old, but really, the whole premise is based the way it is, and Subaru was just trying to protect all she's lived her life for, so if anything, someone needs to look into her memory erasure technique

I wouldn't really say anything about his sister, either. She's working her own technique, and just who is she going to try them on, other than the next closest person. If she went and assaulted people out on the street I think she'll need a mental checkup Of course, this is probably the most convenient (uhoh) way to set up his fear of girls, so I think I better stop there XD

I do find it interesting whether or not these beatings will go on for more than 10 eps straight. Surely it can't come to that now that he's onboard for keeping her secret, so maybe the damage will be lessened to those "Hentai!" punches like at the end of the ep. I mean, look on the bright side, maybe this is a good way for the sis to stop attacking Jirou and instead spar with Subaru
Old 2011-07-08, 11:41   Link #88
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quite a few common stereotypes shown here. Enjoyed the art and the light heartedness of the episode. But somehow it feels... kind of generic?
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 11:44   Link #89
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
There needs to be a series with a male lead that becomes either a raging sex maniac or tentacle monster when touched by a girl. The whole phobia of women thing is so... bleh.
Lol, you would be surprised (or not) how that is a very common theme in Hentai anime. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 14:16   Link #90
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

at least they didnt have a white light covering that groping scene *thinks back on sora no otoshimono and shivers*
Old 2011-07-08, 14:40   Link #91
cnnydz
Feed me

hahaha mayo chiki? mayo chicken lol i like this author he has a good sense of humour
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:44   Link #92
Jenesay

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Lol, you would be surprised (or not) how that is a very common theme in Hentai anime. xD
Indeed! But lets find a nice balance between the submissive weak male leads of normal harem animes, and the mind-breaking rapists of H.

Personally, I can enjoy an anime with angry violent females, if it works both ways like in, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, or Sora no Otoshimono. Not like this, and especially when the damn male leads gets a damn nosebleed from beeing touched by a woman. Weak, just weak, then again, I'm pretty damn far from having an S personality.
Jenesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 16:29   Link #93
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Quite a few common stereotypes shown here. Enjoyed the art and the light heartedness of the episode. But somehow it feels... kind of generic?
Though I don't think after watching one episode only, we cen decide if it's generic...somehow, I think that the following episodes would give me a better idea of the series. To be honest, I don't know how to 'judge' it. It isn't good, but it isn't bad...

Checked the previews in ANN, and I disagree with the writers. It doesn't look like a boring anime to me, and that's for sure.
Old 2011-07-08, 16:41   Link #94
Sides

I was wondering if wrestling, including show wrestling, is really popular in japan.
As for this show, it is a good show to kill time, comedy and decent animation nothing too exciting, but it is ok.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 17:27   Link #95
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The second half of the episode helped to redeem the "Haven't-I-Already-Seen-This-Show" vibe of the beginning. If they're going in the direction where the trolling ojousama orders her two subordinates into compromising situations since neither of them can disobey, that could be entertaining for a few episodes. However, if it's just going to be a litany of magically self-destructing clothes, followed by Naru-punches, I don't think I have the stamina.

At least Subaru's cute, and does a much better boy voice than most. And Kitamura's ojousama is terrifyingly convincing.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 18:00   Link #96
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
And Hidan no Aria..but he becomes 'protective' instead of raging

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 20:43   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Good Art and Animation, nice catchy songs... That's about it.

Now that we have the boring (and some what painful) introductions out of the way, lets see where this takes us.

On a related note, I don't think anybody would recognize Iguchi Yuka's voice if they didn't know she was playing in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And oh how I love this protagonist. On top of the usual protagonist traits, he even has a fear of women and gets beat-up by girls the entire time.
How about we have an anime that does the opposite instead?
In addition to that, he was also given a reason for having a body that's conditioned to being a punching bag So you know... We'll feel less bad for him... Somehow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
that's actually not a good idea. unless you're aiming for each and every feminazi in the world to start screaming: "OMG, rape! that's violence towards women!" and stuff like that...
How many of them would actually watch this show in the first place ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
hm, not exactly. Ikki's mostly girls vs girls stuff, and even when there's the occasional guys vs girls, it's usually the guys who get pwned badly.
In comedy scenes, girls are invincible
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 21:03   Link #98
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Cool anther reverse trap
Old 2011-07-08, 21:11   Link #99
SilveRR

Seems like I'm going to like this
SilveRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 21:37   Link #100
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In comedy scenes, girls are invincible
I thought it was the other way around, the guy is invincible (ie indestructable) and the girl has super-human strength

To send a guy flying, that's no easy feat XD and even more, the guy just sustains scrapes and bruises?

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen