AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-11, 11:21   Link #1101
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not to mention that Obito is a talentless boy. I wonder if anyone forgot about that.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 11:37   Link #1102
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Not to mention that Obito is a talentless boy. I wonder if anyone forgot about that.
nope, he would be a vessel. or part of a vessel I should say. the talent and knowledge is where madara comes in or possibly izuna, but then a few things wouldn't add up
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 12:06   Link #1103
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You mean like Naruto?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 18:20   Link #1104
Teru987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
You mean like Naruto?
HAHAHA that made my day

for all we know it could be the 1st and madara play a joke on everyone lol. Zetsu clone would be a better fit than obito. if obito body was crushed then what would be the point of using him. All the bones and organs would be destroyed.
Teru987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 23:43   Link #1105
oppaiSam@
Oppai Maniac

About tobi saying that he got his eye on the kannabi bridge, where obito also died, and kakashi's kamui and tobi space distortion, does that mean tobi has also the eye of obito??
Old 2012-08-12, 01:22   Link #1106
ranchan13

To be completely honest, I think Zetsu is Obito. The whole crushed under a rock makes sense for the different sides of the original Zetsu as each having half a body.

As for Tobi, I think in the best case scenario, he's actually a crossdresser named Rin.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:13   Link #1107
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teru987 View Post
HAHAHA that made my day

for all we know it could be the 1st and madara play a joke on everyone lol. Zetsu clone would be a better fit than obito. if obito body was crushed then what would be the point of using him. All the bones and organs would be destroyed.
A lot of Tobi does appears to be made of Zetsu goo, so no matter what Tobi's body is already falling apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppaiSam@ View Post
About tobi saying that he got his eye on the kannabi bridge, where obito also died, and kakashi's kamui and tobi space distortion, does that mean tobi has also the eye of obito??
Yes. It is now confirmed that Tobi has Obito's other eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
To be completely honest, I think Zetsu is Obito. The whole crushed under a rock makes sense for the different sides of the original Zetsu as each having half a body.
As an aside, in regards to masks, Zetsu has the largest mask in the entire series. What is often described as Zetsu's black-half is, in reality, a gigantic mask that covers half of his body. Consequently, Zetsu has the chance of being even more surprising a character than Tobi.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 04:01   Link #1108
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

chances of tobi being obito 10%

seems to know kakashi and speaks familarly with him 70%

Found out he has the same set of sharigan as kakashi 90%
Old 2012-08-12, 04:26   Link #1109
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

In my opinion the chance has now dropped to 1% what with the confirmation that he has Obito's eye.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:37   Link #1110
itachi-san314

chances of tobi being part obito like obito theorists have stated for years: 100%
Old 2012-08-12, 05:56   Link #1111
Ero-Senn1n

There seems to be some all-seeing-eye in the story, since Tobi also knows about Naruto's relation to Jiraiya and Minato, specifically about how they entrusted him with their goals and dreams. That all-seeing-eye is either the thing that Sasuke is going to visit or something about Sharingan eyes. These eyes seem to be haxxed above every limit So what if Tobi could extract from each sharingan eye all what the eye has seen until then. Tobi then would have the visual memory of Obito, and also of a lot of unknown Uchiha, one Uchiha could be visiting the tomb stone of heroes with Kakashi and later died in battle, another Uchiha is Madara whose eye was in Nagato when he lived with Jiraiya and then spoke with Naruto and witnessed all the things about Naruto before being taken by Tobi and currently being in his head, then there's Itachi's eyes which witnessed a lot of things and Tobi had them before he implanted them in Sasuke, and Sasuke's eyes which should now be in Tobi's posession. Kishimoto could make a great flashback episode where Tobi shows the memories of hundreds of eyes, among them Itachi, Nagato, Sasuke, Obito, Madara, Izuna, etc...

This also would mean that Tobi being Obito is 0%
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 06:05   Link #1112
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
There seems to be some all-seeing-eye in the story, since Tobi also knows about Naruto's relation to Jiraiya and Minato, specifically about how they entrusted him with their goals and dreams. That all-seeing-eye is either the thing that Sasuke is going to visit or something about Sharingan eyes. These eyes seem to be haxxed above every limit So what if Tobi could extract from each sharingan eye all what the eye has seen until then. Tobi then would have the visual memory of Obito, and also of a lot of unknown Uchiha, one Uchiha could be visiting the tomb stone of heroes with Kakashi and later died in battle, another Uchiha is Madara whose eye was in Nagato when he lived with Jiraiya and then spoke with Naruto and witnessed all the things about Naruto before being taken by Tobi and currently being in his head, then there's Itachi's eyes which witnessed a lot of things and Tobi had them before he implanted them in Sasuke, and Sasuke's eyes which should now be in Tobi's posession. Kishimoto could make a great flashback episode where Tobi shows the memories of hundreds of eyes, among them Itachi, Nagato, Sasuke, Obito, Madara, Izuna, etc...

This also would mean that Tobi being Obito is 0%
i don't think so. It's a convoluted story line and it renders zetsu useless in a lot of cases when he was clearly needed. after the itachi sasuke fight, tobi was pretty insistent about knowing whether or not zetsu saw and recorded the fight. if he could gleen all the knowledge from itachi's eyes, he wouldn't have cared. I think it's legitimate for Tobi to have gotten all this newer knowledge from zetsu. we've seen zetsu in a bunch of critical locations and fights witnessing and recording the events for tobi. it makes sense for tobi to want to know about his primary enemies. and for him to want to know about kakashi given the obito connection that is now fact
Old 2012-08-12, 08:40   Link #1113
MyrzaelHanzo

I think that his more recent comments to Naruto made the younger son of Sage of Six Paths option for Tobi a bit more likely. I mean if he is the younger son, then that guy was basically Naruto of the past, believed that love was the key to peace and was all about bringing peace to the world. A (very very long) lifetime of constant failure and disappointment as people just kept fighting and killing and hating each other despite his attempts could have resulted in his fatalistic attitude and would also explain why he finds Naruto so naive. Because he WAS LIKE Naruto once, only to have harsh reality mercilessly crush his hopes (that Naruto now has) into dust.

There are some problems with this theory. For example, he should not rely on Zetsu for body because he inherited "body" of the Sage but this could be easily explained as consequence of fight with elder brother or that even his mythical body has crumbled under the weight of time ...
MyrzaelHanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 08:47   Link #1114
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

all this time i thought there is no way tobi could be obito,

now technically back then obito's half body was completely crushed which would also include his right eye, and then his left eye went onto kakshi, but the latest chapter revealed that tobi got his eye from the same point, where kakashi had got his,

now even if we take that obito's body wasn't completely crushed, and it is almost clear that tobi has the right eye of obito, it means the sharingan he possesses wasn't his in the first place.

this completely turns my theory of sage of six paths upside down, from the recent revelations i came upon that tobi might be Inuza who would have acquired obito's sharingan, this also satisfies the conversation between itachi and tobi that tobi is an Uchiha, but now Inuza had lost both his eyes to Madara, but while fightning with konan tobi seemed to have both sharingan eyes,where he sacrificed one eye to use Izanagi, now one of them was obito's eye, and i guess that the other eye might me from some other uchiha
Old 2012-08-12, 10:08   Link #1115
WefiDasst

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
all this time i thought there is no way tobi could be obito,

now technically back then obito's half body was completely crushed which would also include his right eye, and then his left eye went onto kakshi, but the latest chapter revealed that tobi got his eye from the same point, where kakashi had got his,

now even if we take that obito's body wasn't completely crushed, and it is almost clear that tobi has the right eye of obito, it means the sharingan he possesses wasn't his in the first place.

this completely turns my theory of sage of six paths upside down, from the recent revelations i came upon that tobi might be Inuza who would have acquired obito's sharingan, this also satisfies the conversation between itachi and tobi that tobi is an Uchiha, but now Inuza had lost both his eyes to Madara, but while fightning with konan tobi seemed to have both sharingan eyes,where he sacrificed one eye to use Izanagi, now one of them was obito's eye, and i guess that the other eye might me from some other uchiha
seems reasonable. It cant be Obito, he was fighting Minito, you think he would know that he could teleport to his seals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdgJq...eature=related
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 10:11   Link #1116
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

-does the "I was kinda right" dance- told you~ Told you TOLD YOU!~

Still no face revealing tho.
Old 2012-08-12, 11:57   Link #1117
yakumo-chan

what if.... Madara is Obito?
a reincarnation perhaps?
Old 2012-08-12, 12:09   Link #1118
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
what if.... Madara is Obito?
a reincarnation perhaps?
doubtful. in kakashi gaiden, obito was nothing like madara. also, reincarnation is not a theme of naruto. each generation is it's own set of individuals who are empowered by the teachings and sacrifices of the previous generations.

depending on how things go, it is likely that obito is directly related to madara though. not only did he have the latent talent for MS, but it is clearly odd that zetsu was there to save part of obito (or however it happened it involves akatsuki preserving part of him in some way). i highly doubt they were watching all uchihas all the time in case one of them died to get their sharingans. it's possible, but pretty far fetched. i think it's more likely that madara knew obito was special, probably one of his descendants, and had zetsu keeping on eye on him. this would especially be the case if madara had already implanted a part of his chakra into obito before kakashi gaiden to be unsealed at a later time. then preserving obito in such a way would be imperative
Old 2012-08-12, 12:59   Link #1119
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
obito was nothing like madara.
I dont know about that, since Tobi acts like a kid in the Sasori Arc, IF tobi is Madara though...

Quote:
also, reincarnation is not a theme of naruto. each generation is it's own set of individuals who are empowered by the teachings and sacrifices of the previous generations.
Its only a guess.....

while my theory is not impossible right?

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2012-08-12 at 13:14.
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 13:50   Link #1120
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
doubtful. in kakashi gaiden, obito was nothing like madara. also, reincarnation is not a theme of naruto. each generation is it's own set of individuals who are empowered by the teachings and sacrifices of the previous generations.

depending on how things go, it is likely that obito is directly related to madara though. not only did he have the latent talent for MS, but it is clearly odd that zetsu was there to save part of obito (or however it happened it involves akatsuki preserving part of him in some way). i highly doubt they were watching all uchihas all the time in case one of them died to get their sharingans. it's possible, but pretty far fetched. i think it's more likely that madara knew obito was special, probably one of his descendants, and had zetsu keeping on eye on him. this would especially be the case if madara had already implanted a part of his chakra into obito before kakashi gaiden to be unsealed at a later time. then preserving obito in such a way would be imperative
i agree, save for the idea that i think obito is actually Izunas descendant...(only because i want sasuke and itachi to be direct descendants of madara...you know, 9 tails sees sasuke and say he reminds him of madara could be an indication. madara and shodai fought, sasuke fighting naruto seems to be an indication...yadda yadda yadda)

Tags
tobi