AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 12
10: Amazing... 3 8.33%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 8 22.22%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 8 22.22%
7 out of 10: Good... 5 13.89%
6 out of 10: Average... 5 13.89%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 2 5.56%
4 out of 10: Poor... 4 11.11%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 2.78%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-23, 23:17   Link #1
james0246

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 12 Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Episode 12.

The Mutineers Set Sail - ~

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
  • Do not vote in the poll before the episode has been released.
  • While each Gundam is part of a franchise/metaseries, the individual entries are unique and, consequently, should not be constantly compared against each other. Please refrain from needlessly cyclical discussion concerning comparisons between the various Gundam series.
  • As of Episode 08, any mention of the "childish" nature of the character designs will be treated as being off-topic and depending on the severity of the post warnings or infractions could be issued.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-01-07 at 00:49.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 03:34   Link #2
casval cehack

Genoace's new one-shot rifle. Pretty much a battle episode.
Old 2012-01-01, 03:39   Link #3
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Doesn't seem like there was the usual amount of coverage on this ep. No 2chan thread.

Here are some screens I saw at 4chan.

GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 03:47   Link #4
bio9205
Reborn

Episode 12 is up on GundamInfo, but it's in Korean. Waiting for the English sub.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 03:51   Link #5
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Why are they still doing this to us?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 03:55   Link #6
casval cehack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_qUbQcUN4s <- English version.
Old 2012-01-01, 03:56   Link #7
kakakka

Looks like the english is up for like 15 minutes, I can't watch it though

^EDIT: Ninja'd
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 03:56   Link #8
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Which doesn't help for those of us in the US.
Old 2012-01-01, 04:24   Link #9
kakakka

There's a new silhouette that replaced Diva in the opening before that part when Flit was running.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 04:25   Link #10
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Nothing really mind-blowing. I still think that the makers should do something about the show's lack of subtlety in conveying its plot. I realise it's targeted at younger audiences but some things don't really need to be said to be understood. Like in the case of an emergency, you don't need to waste zillions of speech on prompting people to flee. In the case of Flit's newfound "X-rounder" abilities, you don't always need a conversation with Grodek to reveal some new plot details. Like Newtypes and Innovators, these stuffs need not be discussed openly, yet in the process allow the show to uncover the details and characteristics of a "X-rounder" for us.

All in all, I do wish that the quality of the plot improves, when the next arc of the series commences.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 04:27   Link #11
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
There's a new silhouette that replaced Diva in the opening before that part when Flit was running.
I guess you mean AGE-2 Strider Mode's silhouette, right?

Old 2012-01-01, 04:32   Link #12
casval cehack

Fairly good battle episode, especially with the tactics/counter tactics of both fleet commanders and the Genoace being finally a part of the offensive arm with its tiny DODS like rifle. A lot of revelations too, with Grodek identified as a computer engineer and the term for Age's Newtype phenomenon: X-rounder. Thanks to X-rounder, Flit is fighting like the gundam aces of ages past which even surprised him. Yurin's actual kidnapping occured on the last two minutes, which hints the UE are also into this X-rounder thing (plus the EFF, as mentioned by Grodek).

Preview indicates the start of the Ambat offensive next episode. I believe Stoller "Chocolate" Guavaran's 8th Fleet (Blitz, Haloes and Warden) will reinforce them before this chapter ends.
Old 2012-01-01, 04:58   Link #13
bio9205
Reborn

AGE-2's in the OP!

(Fell asleep while waiting for the English upload, watching now.)

EDIT: Am I the only one who finds that the odd beeping noise that plays whenever they're in the Diva's bridge to be absolutely fucking annoying?

Last edited by bio9205; 2012-01-01 at 05:35.
Old 2012-01-01, 05:50   Link #14
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I find it hilarious that when one of the fed's Genoace pointing its flashlight at the G-Exes and Woolf was acting like he's in deep trouble or something

It's really hard to take the fed seriously when I think even a Gundam can simple blow up all of the them without any problems if Flit really wants to
Old 2012-01-01, 05:58   Link #15
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I find it hilarious that when one of the fed's Genoace pointing its flashlight at the G-Exes and Woolf was acting like he's in deep trouble or something
Yeah, it's not like the G-Exes' armour can't stand up to those pathetic beam spray guns.

Not a bad episode. I'm just glad captain whosenameIcan'trecall didn't suddenly decide to turn over a new leaf and join their seige of Ambat.
Old 2012-01-01, 06:17   Link #16
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, it's not like the G-Exes' armour can't stand up to those pathetic beam spray guns.
I think this entire fight just shows the whole tech and battle problem in this show. I mean, the combined might of Diva and three federation battleships did squat to the UE's battleship. The fed with all their ships and MS can do nothing to the UE and were slaughtered until Gundam and G-Exes came to the rescue. The whole battle was way too one sided and yet the UE retreatedm then you started to wonder what the hell the UE is trying to pull. I hope the tech problem will be solved (or not as blatant) in the second generation

I really want to like this episode and feature some nice tactics between Grodek and the federation commander, but the whole tech issue was too distracting. When the commander mentioned that "Diva has some nice pilots", what I thought was "No duh, just your MS plain sucks"

The best part of this episode? AGE-2's cameo in the OP
Old 2012-01-01, 06:18   Link #17
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:

Not a bad episode. I'm just glad captain whosenameIcan'trecall didn't suddenly decide to turn over a new leaf and join their seige of Ambat.
Which is not impossible.

I would be appalled if the captain arrives with reinforcements to rescue Grodek. Then the next arc begins and the Federation becomes united again.

I would like to see the makers exploit the fissiles within the Federation into something of a big plot story or something.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 06:22   Link #18
ReddyRedWolf

Well we finally got a name for Age's Newtype, X-Rounders. Also the plan is compromised with Alzack Birmings in league with Eden. Giving them Yurin.

Though there is no indication Yark Dole is a X-Rounder. Decil is definitely one sensing Yurin as a X-Rounder.

Which makes me think given past UE encounters it could be that Eden is using something like Gundam X's Bit Mobile Suits. Multiple Mobile Suits controlled by a single Newtype. In this case a X-Rounder.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 06:25   Link #19
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

The first 15 +mins of the show was pretty hard to watch. Especially the exchange of words and actions between Grodek and that EFF commander. The atmosphere wasn't exciting and it was at times very bland. I know the writers/director wanted to make the short EFF vs Diva battle exciting by having counter tactics and the talk between both sides' commanders. But the talk was very bland and they're pretty lackluster. For example i take it that the writers wanted Grodek to be the cool-calculative-silent commander, but its really really hard to get to like that aspect of Grodek. Its like the writers are really really hard , but i just don't get the awesomeness they're trying to protray. There's also the part where the EFF's Genoaces' are pointing their puny outdated beam weapon at the Diva. And Woolf's getting all worked up, its kinda hilarious.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 06:30   Link #20
casval cehack

Diva's crew were great actors, if they knew beforehand that Flit is hiding in the shadows, waiting for his Kira-style shot.

Last edited by casval cehack; 2012-01-01 at 10:10.
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion