AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-10-18, 00:36   Link #1
Nymene
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Lightbulb Kage no Tsukaite



Original title : 影の使い手
Web Novel Page : http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2910dl/
Current Status : 104 WN chapters ( As of today on 18th October 2018)
Published as Light Novel too under Overlap Bunko

Author : 葬儀屋 Sougiya
Illustrator : 山椒魚

Summary :

Introduction:
The strongest remains hidden in the shadows thoroughly.....

Kageyama, a guy who lives by the motto "I don't want to be conspicuous", is summoned to another world with all of his classmates.

Despite living by that motto and self-imposed rule, he gained a rare job class known as an "Asassin(Ninja written in Kanji too)in contrary to his wishes, so he decided to conceal his job class from everyone else.

Therefore, to gain the necessary power and strength needed to protect his secret, he trained intensively at a dungeon in secret, and as a result of that, his status has reached a level where he could overpower most other people.

At the same time, some people in the kingdom who don't think well of the uncooperative Kageyama, started plotting something sinister.....

Kageyama, who came to find out about that dastardly plot, began to take his own action to counter it.....?

A boy who has sworn to live only in the "shadows"......Thus begins Act 1 of this Strongest Stealthy Warrior Fantasy story !


FAQ :

Spoiler for spoilers:

Last edited by Nymene; 2018-10-23 at 02:43. Reason: correction
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 01:06   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
^Know nothing about this

Is that girl on the cover the one who fell in love with Yuusha too?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 01:08   Link #3
Nymene
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Know nothing about this

Is that girl on the cover the one who fell in love with Yuusha too?
Yes, she is MC's childhood friend who's now part of the Yuusha's harem group
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 01:10   Link #4
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
^Uheee

If no girls like the MC, isn't he just a loser?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 01:17   Link #5
Rasty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
What's the point of trying to be inconspicuous if you are trying so much that you stand out the most because of it?
And yeah, getting your osananajimi NTRed by the hero seems to me as a good character trait for a loser.

Which leads to a question I seriously fear to ask, but what is the motivation of the MC? I get he wants to stay in shadows (for which being the most uncooperative seems as a terrible idea), but what else does he want? Of course not money, girls or fame, but what then?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 03:08   Link #6
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
What's with this Cliche novel... sigh
He wants to stay in shadows and don't want to stand out...? That's freaking Cliche and boring!
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 03:20   Link #7
Garn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Regrettably apparently this is a novel of 2016 that does not even reach 400k characters (in 100 chapters).
And these two combinations [主人公不在多々] and [脇役] do not help, it reinforces the possible irritation that this novel may cause.
Also according to reviews of vol 1 in amazon, basically the actions of the MC has no real relevance and any problem that the MC is involved is enhanced by his own ineptitude.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 04:24   Link #8
Nymene
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
What's the point of trying to be inconspicuous if you are trying so much that you stand out the most because of it?
And yeah, getting your osananajimi NTRed by the hero seems to me as a good character trait for a loser.

Which leads to a question I seriously fear to ask, but what is the motivation of the MC? I get he wants to stay in shadows (for which being the most uncooperative seems as a terrible idea), but what else does he want? Of course not money, girls or fame, but what then?
Uhmmm, I can answer your questions and doubts, but I consider them plot spoilers, so I guess I have to attach the spoiler tag to answer your questions below.

Spoiler for spoilers for the plot:
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 04:45   Link #9
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
Cliche and boring~~
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 05:49   Link #10
Valky
Radioactive
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Big Durian
Yeahh ... Then he should just go to some very rural random village and die there.

Seriously, why is he even doing things? I don't think he'll need money very much at some random rural village.
__________________
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 09:06   Link #11
Nymene
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
For those of you who can read the language, if you read from Chap 3, a transfer student girl gets introduced to the classroom, and if I'm not mistaken, her name is Kirisaki Kotoha, and she then goes and runs to hug the soon-to-be Yuusha guy, named Kotomine Akira, with Kotoha revealing herself to be his childhood friend(At this point we as readers can know that this girl is the newest 4th member of Akira's harem, which also includes MC's childhood friend, who If I'm not mistaken, is named Aoi or something(can't remember well), before the magic circle appeared and summoned all of the class to the other world.

Therefore, if this gets a comicalization(Manga adaptation), we will see from the very beginning chapters of a scene where the Yuusha guy gets hugged by a girl with the MC just observing from his seat in front of them......

In contrast, the other novel with a similar setting, Assasin de aru ore no status---something (I forgot the whole name of the title ), doesn't have such a scene with a grill hugging a Yuusha character from the beginning chapters......
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 09:20   Link #12
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
For those of you who can read the language, if you read from Chap 3, a transfer student girl gets introduced to the classroom, and if I'm not mistaken, her name is Kirisaki Kotoha, and she then goes and runs to hug the soon-to-be Yuusha guy, named Kotomine Akira, with Kotoha revealing herself to be his childhood friend(At this point we as readers can know that this girl is the newest 4th member of Akira's harem, which also includes MC's childhood friend, who If I'm not mistaken, is named Aoi or something(can't remember well), before the magic circle appeared and summoned all of the class to the other world.

Therefore, if this gets a comicalization(Manga adaptation), we will see from the very beginning chapters of a scene where the Yuusha guy gets hugged by a girl with the MC just observing from his seat in front of them......
So... What are you trying to say is, that this is a Do-M NTR Crap show?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 09:26   Link #13
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Since there wouldn't be much of a story if he actually succeeded in living a mob life, how does he end up getting dragged into shenanigans after faking his death?
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 09:33   Link #14
Nymene
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
And, if this ever gets a Manga, the Mangaka has no choice but to draw Kotoha as a pretty girl, because the WN chapter 3 clearly stated "Bishoujo" which translates as "pretty girl". So he can't draw just a freckled girl with glasses and must follow exactly as the source material text stated.

MC's facial expression will of course not be drawn too dramatic, I guess, as it's not even his own Osananajimi that's doing the hugging.......at least not yet.
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 09:35   Link #15
Mirable
ミラベル
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
For those of you who can read the language, if you read from Chap 3, a transfer student girl gets introduced to the classroom, and if I'm not mistaken, her name is Kirisaki Kotoha, and she then goes and runs to hug the soon-to-be Yuusha guy, named Kotomine Akira, with Kotoha revealing herself to be his childhood friend(At this point we as readers can know that this girl is the newest 4th member of Akira's harem, which also includes MC's childhood friend, who If I'm not mistaken, is named Aoi or something(can't remember well), before the magic circle appeared and summoned all of the class to the other world.

Therefore, if this gets a comicalization(Manga adaptation), we will see from the very beginning chapters of a scene where the Yuusha guy gets hugged by a girl with the MC just observing from his seat in front of them......

In contrast, the other novel with a similar setting, Assasin de aru ore no status---something (I forgot the whole name of the title ), doesn't have such a scene with a grill hugging a Yuusha character from the beginning chapters......
I don't really get your point or you mean this novel show some girl hugged other guy beside MC? if so then this alone can't consider to be standout or special to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
Uhmmm, I can answer your questions and doubts, but I consider them plot spoilers, so I guess I have to attach the spoiler tag to answer your questions below.

Spoiler for spoilers for the plot:
I think i understand why this got bad review, some characters and their logic sound dumb and frustrating as hell.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 10:06   Link #16
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
For those of you who can read the language, if you read from Chap 3, a transfer student girl gets introduced to the classroom, and if I'm not mistaken, her name is Kirisaki Kotoha, and she then goes and runs to hug the soon-to-be Yuusha guy, named Kotomine Akira, with Kotoha revealing herself to be his childhood friend(At this point we as readers can know that this girl is the newest 4th member of Akira's harem, which also includes MC's childhood friend, who If I'm not mistaken, is named Aoi or something(can't remember well), before the magic circle appeared and summoned all of the class to the other world.

Therefore, if this gets a comicalization(Manga adaptation), we will see from the very beginning chapters of a scene where the Yuusha guy gets hugged by a girl with the MC just observing from his seat in front of them......

In contrast, the other novel with a similar setting, Assasin de aru ore no status---something (I forgot the whole name of the title ), doesn't have such a scene with a grill hugging a Yuusha character from the beginning chapters......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
And, if this ever gets a Manga, the Mangaka has no choice but to draw Kotoha as a pretty girl, because the WN chapter 3 clearly stated "Bishoujo" which translates as "pretty girl". So he can't draw just a freckled girl with glasses and must follow exactly as the source material text stated.

MC's facial expression will of course not be drawn too dramatic, I guess, as it's not even his own Osananajimi that's doing the hugging.......at least not yet.
That's depressing and pathetic as fu*k! More shi* than Sono mono or whatever it's called...
And are you trying to recommend this shi* to us? Nobody likes this cliche and boring MC...
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-16, 06:24   Link #17
Nymene
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
In this LN, other than the Yuusha character, the MC has a male best friend named Kakimoto, so I hope that he too gets a girl of his own and gets strong enough to help MC and his heroine in the future. Kakimoto deserves one girl of his own just like the MC many times more so than the brainless Yuusha.

As for the Yuusha, Kotomine Akira, I don't quite care much if he dies or not if he fights the Maou Army, as he....blamed the MC for doing something ( he was framed for ) without investigating thoroughly first.
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-02, 10:20   Link #18
Nymene
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Anyone still reading this ?
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-11, 12:12   Link #19
Nymene
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Question

Hmmm..... I wonder when Vol 3 will come out....
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
assasin, class isekai summoning, harem (not mc), overpowered mc

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.