AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-10, 08:34   Link #241
bokchoy

I just keep thinking that this is Azumanga 2011 edition (or maybe it's because I want more Azumanga, even though I know it's impossible for it to happen) and I really like this so far

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

bokchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 11:15   Link #242
PixyMisa
Cabbit Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
Anyone else get a nostalgic sensation from the opening song?

I think that's 90% of the reason I'm watching this show. The opening comes on and I feel all warm and fuzzy, like I wrapped myself up in my favorite blanket.
Yeah, this show has a PhD from Warm Fuzzy University.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
@Midonin -- I believe they are at the beach by Enoshima island, which is part of Fujisawa city. They took the cute little Enoshima Electric Railway that runs between Fujisawa and Kamakura via Enoshima.
I was going to comment that they were riding the Enoshima Electric Railway - I googled Fujisawa City and then clicked on transport links until I found it.

Has anyone else noticed the abundance of cute little trains - really, railcars - this season? A Channel, Iroha, Ano Hana, even Denpa Onna has one at the start.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-05-14 at 00:55. Reason: please use the edit button instead of double posting
PixyMisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:39   Link #243
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for A Channel 06 - A Chikan:

Last edited by Midonin; 2011-05-14 at 10:19.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 00:44   Link #244
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler for 06:
Old 2011-05-13, 09:01   Link #245
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep6:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 09:55   Link #246
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Spoiler:
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 10:02   Link #247
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 6:
Old 2011-05-13, 10:38   Link #248
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Right before the interlude song, the camera switched to Tooru and Run, look at Tooru.

Yukkuri face detected
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-05-13, 12:19   Link #249
Xacual

I have to admit I saw the forgetting the form coming right away. It was likely as soon as Nagi invited the other two along. Tooru's hair grows fast too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 21:05   Link #250
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yuuko looks so cute where there scared and even cuter snuggling with that teddy bear
Old 2011-05-13, 22:38   Link #251
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

This was probably my favorite episode so far. You'd expect Daisuke Ono to just reuse his Hosaka voice here, but he made it smoother and somehow more refined...and creepier, especially when he was asking Run if she wanted a ride. Speaking of which, at least Run decided not to go along with that this time. Maybe she's wisened up a bit.

I liked Minorin here too, even if she just has a small role. She doesn't get to use a stern adult voice too often. I also would've liked to see the teachers' argument extended.

And if we're calling Run and Tooru a yuri couple, how about Yuuko and Nagi?
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 00:54   Link #252
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I dont think Run's even realized that was Satousensei TBH. She was too occupied with the stalker idea

Yuuko and Nagi are like Mio and Ritchan .. thus husband and wife
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-05-14, 01:14   Link #253
jedinat

This anime is really kind of boring. And I'm all for all-girls slice of life comedy...

I think I want to say that it's too deliberate or literal or something... Girls go shopping and we actually watch them shop. Girl is embarrassed about her weight so we watch her be embarrassed about her weight/dieting for a good long while. Girl is pretty so her friends are jealous and tease her for being pretty over and over again. Girls are having fun so we watch them have fun.

I dunno. It's perhaps missing that part of the slice-of-life genre that goes beyond just displaying the ordinary...

Of course, all would be good and forgiven if there was just more yuri.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 04:37   Link #254
Qikz

I think I'm in love with Yuuko, I don't care if she's a Mio clone (if she is not sure when A-Channel came out), but still she's by far the cutest and I wish I was that bear at the end.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 06:42   Link #255
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

You are not the only one .. that cleavage!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-05-14, 06:57   Link #256
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
This anime is really kind of boring. And I'm all for all-girls slice of life comedy...

I think I want to say that it's too deliberate or literal or something... Girls go shopping and we actually watch them shop. Girl is embarrassed about her weight so we watch her be embarrassed about her weight/dieting for a good long while. Girl is pretty so her friends are jealous and tease her for being pretty over and over again. Girls are having fun so we watch them have fun.

I dunno. It's perhaps missing that part of the slice-of-life genre that goes beyond just displaying the ordinary...

Of course, all would be good and forgiven if there was just more yuri.
This anime, much like K-on!, Lucky Star etc. can be summed up with the line "Cute girls doing cute things." I want my drama, I have Iroha to watch on Sundays :P.
Rice_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 09:18   Link #257
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I think I'm in love with Yuuko, I don't care if she's a Mio clone (if she is not sure when A-Channel came out), but still she's by far the cutest and I wish I was that bear at the end.
Yuuko =

I disagree with people saying that Yuuko is a Mio clone. It's difficult to put my finger on it, but for some reason, when Mio gets scared or teased, I find more humor in the person doing it to her. With Yuuko on the other hand, I think her reaction is the funniest thing, no matter if it's caused by Tooru, Nagi, or herself (I hope her hilarious slip of the tounge in the manga makes its way to the anime).

It might have to do with the voice actresses. I find Yoko Hikasa to be so-and-so for scaredy parts in particular, but Minako Kotobuki is so very adorable!
Old 2011-05-14, 11:01   Link #258
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Yuuko is by far my favorite character of the series, I must admit tho I did have a different thought about what her voice would sound like when reading the manga from before.
Then when the cast was announced I was surprised to see Minako-chan(who by the way is one of my favorite VAs) and didn't think she would quite fit the role but she has def made it work.

Gotta run, updated to lastest CCCP and it's playing havoc with my computer!
Old 2011-05-14, 11:28   Link #259
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
This is definitely made to ride on K-On's success. It came out later the same year in the same manga magazine. But I think I like it better, lol.

The comparative dryness of this show may make it seem less flavorful than K-On and others, but I sometimes prefer that to having my emotions intentionally manipulated.

On the other hand, I think they may not have quite reproduced the absurdity of the manga, particularly with Tooru, who feels agreeably weirder to me in the manga. It might have something to do with the timing: the big gaps between events in a 4-panel comic give it something that is hard to get in an anime, where events are more connected.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 13:24   Link #260
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
This anime, much like K-on!, Lucky Star etc. can be summed up with the line "Cute girls doing cute things." I want my drama, I have Iroha to watch on Sundays :P.
Well I didn't particularly like K-on! and Lucky Star, lol... but I loved Ichigo Mashimaro, which was the anime that started it all I think. I guess I'm a bit disappointed in this anime because I was expecting more after the first episode... and instead it seems to have backed off. (starts off with Tooru running around with a bat and just seemed generally more crazy and humorous... and more yuri subtext!)

Last edited by jedinat; 2011-05-14 at 13:34.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, school life, seinen, slice of life