AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-04-22, 13:54   Link #481
Miraluka
Banned

Some scenes made me think if Shaft worked here.

BTW, those tiny hands and feet.... .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 15:03   Link #482
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for episode 01:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 15:24   Link #483
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Sometimes one forgets that KyoAni has insane animation quality control.

Seriously, if they can keep this up for an entire season, what does it mean for the future? Does every future KyoAni series going to end up at that kind of production quality? I mean, sure, money would be a factor. But after seeing what is possible, why not maintain it?

I remember when Haruhi ep 0 first aired. It blew out of the water the animation of what everyone else was making. It had set the standard for what TV anime could do. And now, I have a feeling Hyou-Ka is about to do the same.

The bar has been raised. Now, it is up to others to see if they can match it.
Old 2012-04-22, 16:26   Link #484
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

even with my skepticism i have to say this have potential of beign good, i found funny the approach it took to closed room mysteries as on a highschool, the only bad thing was the music direction, i do like instrumental music but it kinda felt off at some scenes it was used.
Old 2012-04-22, 16:48   Link #485
purusani

Saw the ep a few minutes ago and to tell you guys the truth I found it to be a tad too boring for my taste. I'm not saying that it was unwachable or smth, but the plot really doesn't seem too interesting for now. The animation, as expected from kyoani, was awesome, however I don't think it was so spectacular that it raised the bar of animation or smth, It could be easily compared to last years Guilty Crown or even Angel Beats that aired a few years back. Well I will watch ep 2, but as sad as it sounds I don't have huge expectationts for this.
Old 2012-04-22, 16:51   Link #486
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Eru's eyes....is it possible for anyone to say no to that?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 17:15   Link #487
youllknow
Blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purusani View Post
Saw the ep a few minutes ago and to tell you guys the truth I found it to be a tad too boring for my taste. I'm not saying that it was unwachable or smth, but the plot really doesn't seem too interesting for now. The animation, as expected from kyoani, was awesome, however I don't think it was so spectacular that it raised the bar of animation or smth, It could be easily compared to last years Guilty Crown or even Angel Beats that aired a few years back. Well I will watch ep 2, but as sad as it sounds I don't have huge expectationts for this.
I don't know about Angel Beats, but are u sure u watched the same Guilty Crown as I as did? GC animation was just ---- average ----.
youllknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 17:44   Link #488
Upscaled

The animation is staggering, not so much for its quality but for its quantity. Look at the ending scene, where the two guys are walking through town. The cars and the people are all individually moving in the background. When the camera is moving, the perspective of background buildings is constantly changing. It all looks natural, but this is far more work and planning than seen in most anime TV-series.

Last edited by Upscaled; 2012-04-22 at 17:57. Reason: grammar
Upscaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 17:51   Link #489
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by purusani View Post
Angel Beats have really ugly visuals if you know about animation/visual stuff, you can't be serious.. The digital composition of that show is criminal.

And Guilty Crown for raising bar of animation level?
Old 2012-04-22, 18:14   Link #490
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This studio's strength has always been organization in terms of picking the right seiyuu, background music, attention to detail to the background art, and good script. I didn't know Shoji Gatoh was going to be the script writer going into the first episode. Once I finished the episode, I just had to look it up in ANN to see who is listed as the script writer. It is Shoji Gatoh. We might actually see an anime with the mystery theme but without much emphasis on the supernatural/horror. Too early to tell, but so far so good.

I'll be watching this.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 18:20   Link #491
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Liked the art and music. Can't get enough of Chitanda's eyes. She certainly has an effect on Houtarou.
Old 2012-04-22, 18:41   Link #492
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The bar has been raised. Now, it is up to others to see if they can match it.
Sorry, just don't see it. KyoAni haven't done anything more impressive than other titles this season. Coupled with the chipmunk face designs and boy I don't even like looking at this really.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 18:50   Link #493
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I definitely expected it to be more boring than it was. It was okay. I'd say I enjoyed it, actually.

From now on, we'll have to see how Okabe is effected by Eru's curiosity, and whether an actual mystery will appear. The characters are slowly being established, and it sets a good pace for itself as a slice of life with mystery elements (as opposed to a full-blown mystery, I guess). It isn't as gripping as E7AO's first episode, but I think this will definitely be worth my time.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 18:50   Link #494
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Sorry, just don't see it. KyoAni haven't done anything more impressive than other titles this season. Coupled with the chipmunk face designs and boy I don't even like looking at this really.
After I read VCB's whole post, there is a good chance that you two are talking about two different things. Looking forward to what you have to say about this episode once you've watched it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 19:10   Link #495
youllknow
Blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Give me some names. I wanna check them out. Seriously.
(I haven't followed any series this season)
youllknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 19:16   Link #496
leokiko

It was good. A bit boring, and very slow, but good anyway. I might follow this.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 19:29   Link #497
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Haven't watched much of it, but I thought it was nice all around. OP was pretty good on the ears and everything so far meshed seamlessly together. Good stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youllknow View Post
Give me some names. I wanna check them out. Seriously.
(I haven't followed any series this season)
If we are talking strictly animation, Tsuritama and Eureka Seven AO would probably be the top two choices, but even then, I think Hyou-Ka might have a slight edge on them. Honorable mention would probably go to something like Fate/Zero and Sakamichi no Apollon(Boys on the Slope) for also having some pretty fantastic animation as well.
Old 2012-04-22, 19:50   Link #498
LC
Shocking Pink

Watching it with subs made the episode much better. I had read this part in the light novel before and was sorta unimpressed, but the anime was better. Favorite first episode of the season for me, even edging out the noitaminA series.
Old 2012-04-22, 19:50   Link #499
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was fantastic. Really, really fantastic. This is going to be a great series. Not to mention the voice actor choices are great - Tomoya and Sunohara together again!

And playing Air on G-string was a great choice. Sometimes, you just gotta go with the classics.
Old 2012-04-22, 19:54   Link #500
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Pretty but very, very dull first episode. I like Eru's seiyuu, but not so much when she does the breathless voice she's using here.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, shounen, slice of life