4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.68%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-21, 01:04   Link #361
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I think the Honorary system is likely set up in the same vein, most likely to kill dissent in Japan by the next generation. It's not as outright frightening as Youth Leagues such as Der Hitlerjunge, but it can be just as effective if they can find more people like Suzaku to act as models for the system. Think about it, a dashing charasmatic handsome son of the former Prime Minister of Japan working with the jewel of the Brittanian royal family to establish a new order. They are unbelievably dangerous to any chance of future Japanese Sovereignty. If Euphemia's plan is allowed to start going through, don't be alarmed as it may very well be a dangerous trap and trump card for Britannia with Euphemia's own good grace ultimately leading the Japanese to a worse situation than they have yet been in. Perhaps refrain will in some way be involved, who knows?
Perhaps but then that discrimination still persists(That art director researching the artist who had a quarter of japanese blood? Talk about stubborness) and since Honorary britannians can at least sustain stable jobs for themselves they can still have kids and even mix their blood in with Britannians so the numbers of mixed britannians would defintely increase.
As for Refrain, I was under the impression that it is something the Britannians want to get rid of as it was damaging their economy.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 02:49   Link #362
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
As for Refrain, I was under the impression that it is something the Britannians want to get rid of as it was damaging their economy.
Pardon my ailing memory, but who was it who made Refrain in the first place? Some Eleven bastards, or was it foolish Britannians who care nothing of the consequences?
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 02:55   Link #363
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
I don't believe that we ever learned how Refrain ever came to be, unless my memory is failing me too. I also don't really know how hallucinogenic drugs are manufactured anyhow...
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 03:17   Link #364
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Pardon my ailing memory, but who was it who made Refrain in the first place? Some Eleven bastards, or was it foolish Britannians who care nothing of the consequences?
There had been suggestions that Refrain came from west across the sea... But for the life of me I don't remember the source. The possibility that it is a weapon developed by the Chinese to damage Area 11's economy (and thus damage Britannia) is intriguing as an idea, but as I say I can't verify nor identify the source where the idea came from.
Old 2007-03-21, 03:59   Link #365
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
In episode 9, Cornelia says the drug trafficing of refrain in Area 11 is from the Chinese Fedration, through trafficing route in Kyuushuu.
Most likely a political and economical subversive activities led by the Chinese Fedration to target Elevens,
in attempt to damage Britania's economy in Area 11.
Old 2007-03-21, 12:17   Link #366
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
No prince ever stop being a prince, unless the empire falls or the prince dies. Guess which one Lulu is organising?
In most circumstances thats true, like if Lulu was simply banished. But from i know the king can disavow any of his children from inheriting the throne unless he dies before naming an successor. Lulu did give up his right to the thrown so following the law if something did happen to all the members of the royal family it would fall to a lower house like a cousin or uncle. This is just what i have researched correct me if im wrong someone.
Old 2007-03-21, 22:34   Link #367
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Lelouch is upset by Euphemia's plan because

a)he believes if Japan is officially recognized because they are free, he will lose all of his fighters to continue to do battle with Britannia

b)Lelouch turns against Euphemia's plan causing the Japanese that fight for Lelouch to think, "hey Zero isn't really fighting for us, but for himself"

either way Euphemia is causing a serious wrench in his plans. When all along Euphemia just wants to return to the days where Nanaly, Lelouch, and Euphemia can live together.

P.S. Most likely one of the best Code Geass episodes in awhile is no longer days away, it's hours, minutes, and seconds.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 23:12   Link #368
ashlay
the red string of fate

^such idealistic days never really existed.

sure, what Euphie's doing is out of good intentions, but the world cannot be changed be beautiful words alone. and that is why this show is a good one. >:3
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 23:55   Link #369
Juvyniled

@Blue_Mercy: I'd have to lean towards A more. Choice B is just... I don't know, I don't think they'd see it that harshly. It's just given the circumstances, the Elevens wouldn't like Suzaku's ideal since it takes too long to accomplish and they probably wouldn't take their goal as far as Lelouch's (destroy Britannia). Euphemia offers a mediation between their goals, and furthermore, visible steps toward results. However, there are flaws within her proposal that the Elevens overlook. Zero's actions have made progress, but have not yet produced any results that better the Eleven's current status. It's really best deemed as 'undermining Zero's efforts.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay
sure, what Euphie's doing is out of good intentions, but the world cannot be changed be beautiful words alone. and that is why this show is a good one. >:3
Might want to change that reason. It gives reason for GSD to be a "good" show, and that definitely isn't the case.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 00:00   Link #370
ashlay
the red string of fate

^but the world can be changed by beautiful words alone in GSD. and that word is 'future'

anyway, I mean that a show without conflict and drama constantly assaulting with the main characters is boring. speaking of which, would it not be some delcious "suffer Lelouch. suffer!" if Euphie told Nunnally she loved Lelouch during that time skip in 21. >:3
Old 2007-03-22, 00:38   Link #371
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
In episode 9, Cornelia says the drug trafficing of refrain in Area 11 is from the Chinese Fedration, through trafficing route in Kyuushuu.
Most likely a political and economical subversive activities led by the Chinese Fedration to target Elevens,
in attempt to damage Britania's economy in Area 11.
hmm, Opium Wars , I guess the Chinese learn their lesson from history ^^. Use Western tactics to counter Westerner Empire ^^
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 01:01   Link #372
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay
anyway, I mean that a show without conflict and drama constantly assaulting with the main characters is boring.
As long as it's warranted, like how Euphemia's buried herself alive with this new proposal. If it's just random occurences of death or calamity... or something similar to all the 'resurrections' in GSD, then it's definitely a waste.

*Off topic* Sure Lacus and Cagalli do their fair share (or rather completely contribute to all of the dialogue) of speaking, but without Kira always jumping in with his "I am God, you must obey" abilities...
Cagalli and Lacus are much more annoying versions of Suzaku, though not so much Lacus *Off topic*

Last edited by Juvyniled; 2007-03-22 at 01:15.
Old 2007-03-22, 17:23   Link #373
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
As long as it's warranted, like how Euphemia's buried herself alive with this new proposal. If it's just random occurences of death or calamity... or something similar to all the 'resurrections' in GSD, then it's definitely a waste.

*Off topic* Sure Lacus and Cagalli do their fair share (or rather completely contribute to all of the dialogue) of speaking, but without Kira always jumping in with his "I am God, you must obey" abilities...
Cagalli and Lacus are much more annoying versions of Suzaku, though not so much Lacus *Off topic*
Thus explains why Suzaku irritates me with every word and action he does. Except the Super aerobatic Ninja running up the wall thing that was pretty cool

Does anyone else think that a conversation between Kira and Suzaku would be like putting 2 3 years old face to face
Old 2007-03-22, 18:00   Link #374
Juvyniled

Suzaku's speech is highly provoking. Kira is simply annoying to me because he has the power to end all wars, and he SHOULD be like Lelouch in controlling things by force, but he simply plays peacekeeper. Suzaku doesn't have any power apart from extending physical capabilities. But Kira is still more mature than Suzaku.
Old 2007-04-06, 01:13   Link #375
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This episode reminded me of SD Gundam very much. It almost seemed like Sunrise wanted to skewer its own work in the same way they did with SD Gundam and thus we had C.C's Pizza adventure, Karen dressing in a costume that didn't reveal her midriff or huge breasts and showing how easily she overheated and Euphemia's ridiculous costume that apparentely without the hat makes her instantly recognizable to everyone (It's like Sailor Moon's disguise for crying out loud). That being said there were some funny moments such as C.C demanding to know where the worlds biggest pizza was and her utter dismay at it being destroyed. (This screams SD Gundam where the serious characters are all dramatic over something irrelevant) Also I don't know what was up with Cecile's hammer but it seemed to be bouncing all over the place. Suzaku got bit by the cat again, but that's old hat and Nunally was a goddess (as usual) in this episode with her Nyaaaa..... which means a lot to anyone who's seen SD Gundam. The ending as everyone has said shows that Euphemia is really stupid, though I'm not sure it would kill the Order that easily, I think Lelouche overestimates the people's trust in Euphemia versus their trust in Zero. Really the interesting stuff didn't begin until the second half and it felt more like a DVD Special than a real episode, but there were some genuinely funny moments and a few revaltions so I'm going to give it a 10 anyway because I'm Nunally's bitch. No just kidding, it gets a 6.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 04:07   Link #376
dragonstar13
Busy

Haven't posted in a long time.

There was something that I was wondering about. Lelouch seemed surprised or upset when Nanaly mentioned Euphemia liked Suzaku. Why is this? I was thinking maybe he liked Euphemia, but figured probably not. If he does, he has a funny way of showing it. Maybe he's jealous of Suzaku?

This was a funny episode, but it was more frustrating to watch then it was funny. I don't really like the idea of Villetta being alive, let alone the 360. Maybe if she kept the same attitude, and was a lot more frustrated that she can't remember anything.
And heh, of course everyone just had to go to the festival. The only really funny part was probably with Kallen.
The Euphemia speech looks like have been discussed many times, so I'm not going to comment on it.
dragonstar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 11:06   Link #377
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstar13 View Post
Haven't posted in a long time.

There was something that I was wondering about. Lelouch seemed surprised or upset when Nanaly mentioned Euphemia liked Suzaku. Why is this? I was thinking maybe he liked Euphemia, but figured probably not. If he does, he has a funny way of showing it. Maybe he's jealous of Suzaku?
back in 16 Lelouch asked Nunnally what she thought of Suzaku (planning to make Suzaku Nunnally's "knight") and Nunnally said she liked him. the whole conversation in the snack stand tracks back to that:

Nunnally was basically giving up on Suzaku and wishing Suzaku x Euphie well. But of course Lelouch cares more about Nunnally than Euphie, so he was sad/upset/whatever that his sister had given up on her first love.
Old 2007-04-26, 19:33   Link #378
dragonstar13
Busy

Oh yes, I forgot about that. Thanks.
dragonstar13 is offline   Reply With Quote