AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-23, 15:20   Link #5841
Terra

I know I have the metallic Sazabi (finished building today, just need to add the decals, but it is my only Sazabi), and I have metallic Nu on order (love Nu so I'm getting it again, well 3 times since I'm getting another original MG to recolour), but the constant recolours and Zaku's are getting old. I want a new MG and I definately want to know what the next 1/100 G00 model will be.
Old 2008-02-23, 15:27   Link #5842
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I know I have the metallic Sazabi (finished building today, just need to add the decals, but it is my only Sazabi), and I have metallic Nu on order (love Nu so I'm getting it again, well 3 times since I'm getting another original MG to recolour), but the constant recolours and Zaku's are getting old.
With the Gel Ver 2 still left for milking, I say, it'll be some time before a new model's out. But I'm hoping for a MG Exia this Summer.

Quote:
I want a new MG and I definately want to know what the next 1/100 G00 model will be.
All signs point to the Flags. The Variation that can come out of it is too good for Bandai to miss.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 15:34   Link #5843
sword.impulse
*Insert something clever*

Very nice work Makube, the hair looks much better than the official pics. Makes me want to get it now.

Its really gloomy outside today, ill probably finish my Exia
sword.impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 15:38   Link #5844
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
All signs point to the Flags. The Variation that can come out of it is too good for Bandai to miss.
I really hope so. I find 1/144's too small for my tatse so I only get 1/100's. I really want a Flag and Enact.
Old 2008-02-23, 15:43   Link #5845
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword.impulse View Post
Very nice work Makube, the hair looks much better than the official pics. Makes me want to get it now.
Word of advise :-

Invest in 2-3 GM01 Gundam Marker before you buy the kit and prepare to spent lots of time panel lining.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 16:32   Link #5846
beamknight87
Gold Saint

hey, MakubeX2 that Nadleeh looks quite good although for some reason I'm more inclined to the fatass Virtue lol ^^.
It's my personal policy not to buy HG 1/100 kits, I did only got the one of the Infinite Justice and I enjoyed it a lot, but the final assembly came short compared to a MG kit (though I must recognize the ton of beam sabers/blades it came with ^^)

Anyways... I have built most of the inner frame of the Zaku II 2.0 MG except or the waist. It seems to me that even if the construction is less complicated than the one of the Gundams, this thing is even more articulated o_O. Also, the "pipes" system is quite fun to build, never saw that coming, although I'm thinking in coloring the pipes in gold or silver, just to make the poor grunt look a bit more... important among the Gundam army lol
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 16:49   Link #5847
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
All in due time. If you have the 1/144 HG Virtue, the Virtue Armour is almost exactly of the same colour template. It's that bad when compared to the previous 3 1/100 kit.
I don't own a 1/144 Virtue, but I see what you're talking about. It seems to me that Bandai didn't pay much attention to Virtue; judging from the pics you've provided, the main focus of the kit must've been Nadleeh. Maybe that's the reason why the 1/144 didn't have a Nadleeh mode, as they focused more on Virtue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
I'm thinking in coloring the pipes in gold or silver, just to make the poor grunt look a bit more... important among the Gundam army lol
Alas, Zaku's been dishonored; you called it a poor grunt... =( But always remember that with the right pilot, a mere Zaku can take down a Gundam.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 00:16   Link #5848
sword.impulse
*Insert something clever*

Quote:
Word of advise :-

Invest in 2-3 GM01 Gundam Marker before you buy the kit and prepare to spent lots of time panel lining.
Oh, that won't be a problem. I love panel lining and im currently working on my Exia, and i dont plan on using any of the stickers either.
sword.impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 01:06   Link #5849
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Decided to mess a bit with the GFF of the X-3 and see how the X-1 configurations looks like ^^

Dunno, the Full Cloth mode seems a bit too overloaded to me:

Now this is a LOT lighter lol:

ZABINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumbest gun ever. Seriously:

It looks better with the hilt of the massive beam saber attached, but what's that bigass bullet thing supposed to be?

Boxing Gundam is win:

"T-LINK BLAD..!!!!!!!!!!!" Wait, wrong game >_<

Overall, the X-1 is as good looking figure. Being the first Crossbone it holds a special meaning to me, and I would display it with the cloak and the gigantic saber in one hand. However, the X-3 is more colorful and for now I will stick with it.

I decided to grab that GFF Z Plus "Hummingbird" next, hopefully there will be another X-3 bundle for finally having both Crossbones ^^
Old 2008-02-24, 03:52   Link #5850
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:

The only thing good about the 1/100 Virtue Kit is Nadleeh. The Virtue part require lots of painting if you want to make it look good.

Those lazy about painting should just stick to Nadleeh if they ever purchase this kit.
Nice, nice, nice

Now can you make it do a Final Fusion pose pretty please?
Old 2008-02-24, 20:06   Link #5851
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Hi guys, I am planning to get a gundam model but am unsure which one to get thats worth my money. Heres a few choices.I am planning to pay like most of the price of the model kit since its going to be my bday present >_>, I do not wish to drain my friends wallet like this lol. Its like buying myself a present with a lil support from my friends :P.

1. MG Hi-V Gundam
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948832

I like its wings and its pose of its funnels. However, my friend told me the stand is not that great. I myself am unsure whether the stand can support all the funnels along with the Gundam. But I am willing to spend a few more on another stand just for it.

2. MG Strike Freedom - Full Burst Mode
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN900741

I already have a MG Freedom at home , and its not even built yet lol because I do not have the time yet. Anyways, this is the one my friend recommended me but since I already have a Freedom at home...why do I need another duplicate ..well...an advanced Freedom? : /

3. MG Strike Noir
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948997

This is my first choice but ever since I heard that its fingers are not all that separated, it disappointed me. The only thing that attracts me is its gun pose but I want a MG that has its fingers all separated, like the PG ones

4. MG Wing Gundam Zero - Endless Waltz Ver.
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN929454

This one I'm planning to get sooner or later, since I really wanted to collect all 5 Gundam Wing models. So far I have the HG SandRock (10-15% completed) and I am planning to get the other HG DeathScythe, Nataku, Heavyarms.

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2008-02-24 at 20:09. Reason: spelling mistakes
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 20:39   Link #5852
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
Hi guys, I am planning to get a gundam model but am unsure which one to get thats worth my money. Heres a few choices.I am planning to pay like most of the price of the model kit since its going to be my bday present >_>, I do not wish to drain my friends wallet like this lol. Its like buying myself a present with a lil support from my friends :P.

1. MG Hi-V Gundam
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948832

I like its wings and its pose of its funnels. However, my friend told me the stand is not that great. I myself am unsure whether the stand can support all the funnels along with the Gundam. But I am willing to spend a few more on another stand just for it.

2. MG Strike Freedom - Full Burst Mode
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN900741

I already have a MG Freedom at home , and its not even built yet lol because I do not have the time yet. Anyways, this is the one my friend recommended me but since I already have a Freedom at home...why do I need another duplicate ..well...an advanced Freedom? : /

3. MG Strike Noir
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948997

This is my first choice but ever since I heard that its fingers are not all that separated, it disappointed me. The only thing that attracts me is its gun pose but I want a MG that has its fingers all separated, like the PG ones

4. MG Wing Gundam Zero - Endless Waltz Ver.
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN929454

This one I'm planning to get sooner or later, since I really wanted to collect all 5 Gundam Wing models. So far I have the HG SandRock (10-15% completed) and I am planning to get the other HG DeathScythe, Nataku, Heavyarms.

Having owned both the MG Wing Zero and the MG Strike Freedom, I will tell you that the Strike Freedom is far better engineered than the Wing Zero. The SF is much sturdier, articulate, and grips his weapons better because of improved hands. The SF is also noticeably larger, and I'm talking about overall size, not just wings. The only flaw of the SF is bad material choice for the inner wing mechanism. It is made of very delicate soft plastic that cannot withstand the wing transformation very well, and will break eventually. In fact, the only thing better about the Wing Zero is its beautiful wings.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 20:45   Link #5853
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
Having owned both the MG Wing Zero and the MG Strike Freedom, I will tell you that the Strike Freedom is far better engineered than the Wing Zero. The SF is much sturdier, articulate, and grips his weapons better because of improved hands. The SF is also noticeably larger, and I'm talking about overall size, not just wings. The only flaw of the SF is bad material choice for the inner wing mechanism. It is made of very delicate soft plastic that cannot withstand the wing transformation very well, and will break eventually. In fact, the only thing better about the Wing Zero is its beautiful wings.
the SF, are you refering to the full burst mode or the normal master grade SF? im sorry but I do not know which one you are refering to.
Old 2008-02-24, 22:25   Link #5854
symbiotes_021
Arke Knight

He's referring to both of them, I think. Well, the difference between the full burst mode and normal one is the full burst mode has shiny gold joints rather then plain yellow joints on the normal one. It also has 2 stands rather than one and got the dragoon's flame full burst effect parts. Their not much so difference in their joint.

For me, I also recommend the Strike Freedom (either one, buy the Full Burst mode if you had the extra money).

Fear me, even Setsuna's Exia wouldn't stand a chance of winning my Zaiaku!!
symbiotes_021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 23:06   Link #5855
Fome

Quote:
the SF, are you refering to the full burst mode or the normal master grade SF? im sorry but I do not know which one you are refering to.
If you want the SF, don't buy the full burst mode. It doesn't even give gold parts for all the regions that are clearly visible, which is just rediculous. I just painted the gold parts myself, and it looks just as good.
Old 2008-02-24, 23:55   Link #5856
beamknight87
Gold Saint

yeah, I have the SF full burst mode, only a couple of things are gold plated, like the inner frame of the wings (bits of it) and the hands. The actual inner frame which SUPPOSEDLY should be gold plated... is not. The real extra is the special display base, which is real good for displaying any other MG model for some photo sessions and lets you do the DRAGOON thingy of beamspam that characterized the SF so well lol
Old 2008-02-25, 00:00   Link #5857
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

thanks for the suggestions, right now i am narrowed down to 2 choices:

1. MG SF (Normal MG or Full Burst Mode)
2. Hi V Gundam

right now i recall the SF is around $105-ish or $125 ( i forgot) and the Hi V Gundam is on special i believe, is going for $99. So SF all the way?

whats so bad about the Hi V Gundam by the way? are there any good sides or down sides to it?
Old 2008-02-25, 00:21   Link #5858
beamknight87
Gold Saint

The SF is a good build, however, the wing things get very repetitive (8 in total). I also own a currently unassembled MG Hi Nu, only constructed the inner frame so far. Its quite... heavy, the leg mechanism I felt it was actually more complex than in many other MG's. On the other side, its weapons are awesome, the bazooka especially is pure win for me also... its beam sabers are BLUE!!!!!!!!!!! yes, not freaking pink like SF and 90% of the rest of the models -_-
Old 2008-02-25, 00:26   Link #5859
Fome

Quote:
thanks for the suggestions, right now i am narrowed down to 2 choices:

1. MG SF (Normal MG or Full Burst Mode)
2. Hi V Gundam

right now i recall the SF is around $105-ish or $125 ( i forgot) and the Hi V Gundam is on special i believe, is going for $99. So SF all the way?

whats so bad about the Hi V Gundam by the way? are there any good sides or down sides to it?
MG SF Normal should not cost nearly that much. I got mine for around $35 in Japan, but there are many online dealers that sell pretty cheap too. Try www.hlj.com
Old 2008-02-25, 00:50   Link #5860
philmein

Quote:
Um, there is NOTHING really bad at all with the Hi-V Gundam. I own one and lemme tell you, it's the best of all my MG models I own so far. Like beamknight said, the legs are very complex which means well-done in my book. The entire model itself is well done, well articulated and a pretty good range of flexibility. I guess if you want something "bad" the fin funnels aren't well attached to it's connectors. Not loose by any means, they're just not secured too well. But other than that, an awesome, awesome model. Goto www.dalong.net and check out the scores he gives for all his models. The reviews are in Korean, but the numerical score should be enough to tell you how he likes it. Btw, it scored a 99/100.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy