AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-08-19, 16:23   Link #1
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 - New World (DS)

Some update scans are out for Gigant Battle 2....

Spoiler for Scans:

Now.... to sum up everything we know about the game so far...

- All Post Time Skip Strawhats are playable, the same Strawhats that were playable in Gigant Battle are playable, Law (Pre-Time Skip), Shanks (Pre-Time Skip), Jinbei (Pre-Time Skip), and Hancock (Pre-Time Skip) are confirmed playable
- Pre-Time Skip Strawhats are seen as playable, no word yet as to if they are alt. costumes, or just playable characters themselves
- Pre-Timeskip Sunny, Post Timeskip Sunny, Rusukaina, Baldimore, and the classic stages (redesigned) confirmed as playable stages
- Map system in Story Mode is revamped
- Special Bars are different depending on what character you are (swords, fists, etc)
- Release date is November 17, 2011
- Wifi appears to have been added
- Special Edition confirmed, contains 25 cm Master Stars Piece Post-Time Skip Luffy figure, and a special One Piece Box

I should also point out that PlayAsia has both the regular edition and the limited edition up for pre-orders ($62 Regular, $103 Limited)~

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2011-08-20 at 01:40.
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 01:47   Link #2
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

To kinda celebrate the opening of this topic... thought I'd post up an image of what the Limited Edition figure looks like...

Still no clue what the box is, looks like a jewelry box.... but I'll let ya'll know when I find out~
Old 2011-08-20, 03:24   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That's a surprising decent price for the limited edition version, especially for those goodies. Preordered.

Also, my main character will so be Shanks.
Old 2011-08-20, 23:35   Link #4
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Alright... so from what I've gathered so far is that box that comes with the Limited Edition is a "Mugiwara Treasure Chest", but they haven't announced what's inside it yet...

... I bet One Piece is in thar~
Old 2011-08-21, 14:55   Link #5
Rainbowman

Another game that would never be shipped to the US when it should be. Someone ought to do something to get more of the One Piece franchise to the US since the manga (Vol.1-57) is already here as well as One Piece: Unlimited Adventure.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 23:41   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Another game that would never be shipped to the US when it should be. Someone ought to do something to get more of the One Piece franchise to the US since the manga (Vol.1-57) is already here as well as One Piece: Unlimited Adventure.
It's a DS game, so in the end it can just be imported.

The first game in the series was announced for release here in the UK, though the release date keeps being moved.
Old 2011-08-22, 01:35   Link #7
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

New 15 second video promo for the game...

Shows that a wallscroll, stickers (?), and trading cards are inside that treasure chest~

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2011-08-23 at 00:40.
Old 2011-08-22, 01:49   Link #8
Undertaker

What I really want is both of Unlimited Cruise. With that being said, Nintendo is really F@#king with U.S. Wii owners. Granted OP games are Namco Bandai property but Nintendo of America is not helping one bit except their own Mario games and now they expect people to get into Wii-U? They've being preaching about improving 3rd party support ever since N64 but only ends up with less and less 3rd party titles(the good to great ones).

While I became a Sony whore after original PS (It was even a mistake purchase since I was originally going to buy Saturn with the money saved) I 've purchase every major consoles on the market since then and the only ones I end up trading away or sold have all being Nintendo ones and all due to lack of software.

Heck, I even kept my Dreamcast and Saturn (ended up buying it for Dragon Force with money from part-time jobs) over N64 and Gamecube...

Sorry about the rant....
Old 2011-08-22, 02:07   Link #9
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well, with the sales of One Piece: Unlimited Adventure in the US (mostly due to Namco Bandai's lack of advertisement for the game), Namco Bandai had already stated that they would not be pursuing the release of One Piece: Unlimited Cruise in the Western world. This was back in about 2007-2008. Funimation had said they would try for Unlimited Cruise after they had reached abit farther into One Piece, seeing as they were about Kuro or Arlong's length in. They have yet to try anything with Bandai Namco, but there's still the future.

Though, we'd probably just get Unlimited Cruise SP if we did. Though, we shouldn't really give up hope. Unlimited Adventure was announced for US release a year after it had come out in Japan.... soooooo, give it time~
Old 2011-08-22, 04:12   Link #10
Undertaker

True, but Nintendo themselves is not free of blame. Nintendo was reported to charge ridiculous licensing fee for 3rd party developers compare to Sony and MS and their system is region-locked which requires additional overhead and their develop kits were also the most expansive.

But really, the biggest problem for me was the both chapters got European release which mean there are already English translations of games available that would require little tweaking to make it to the States. And apparently Namco-Bandai still think it's not worth the risk. And notice that almost all Namco-Bandai's games on PS3 or 360 are all scheduled to be ported in U.S. Gundam Musou 3 made the port, and the best example would be Tale of Grace, originally a Wii title in 2009 was later ported to PS3 last year, yet PS3 version is scheduled for the port estimated late 2011, early 2012 but the Wii version was not in plan.

And that is where the problem is, 3rd are not will to port game to Wii even though they have the largest user base, and the few that made cut are ported as European only even though they will be in English and it is starting to become the theme.

I guess all this just show that Wii is really just a bubble machine that can burst at anytime. Because even though it enjoyed the user base advantage similar to PS1 and PS2 in previous 2 generations, unlike the two Sony systems, Wii failed to move the most important aspect of gaming, the software.

But at same time one could also say that the reason PS1 and PS2 are the top two most popular console in history of gaming both in term of user base and softwares sold, were mainly due to Sony being supportive of 3rd parties that it resulted in a flood of different titles (some even unknown) being released that allow its user base to pick and choose.

Just look at how many OP games being ported for PS2 compare to Wii and this is back when OP was relatively unknown in U.S. and during the butchered 4-Kid era.
Old 2011-08-22, 11:26   Link #11
marvelB

Personally, out of the OP games I played, I always liked that GBA game that Dimps made the best (apparently it was only released in America, but it's the one that covered the entire East Blue saga). It's a shame that game never got any sequels, because it would've been awesome to see how Dimps would have handled the Grand Line arcs (heck, they even made an OP fighting game for the Wonderswan that covered Alabasta! In fact, the visual style for that game was used for the GBA game!).

Anyway, it would be nice if the more recent OP games were released here in the 'States. It sure would save me some extra cash on importing, for one thing.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 00:15   Link #12
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Probably should point this out... don't know why I didn't before...

- 40 playable characters
- Over 100 Assist characters
- If you've beaten Gigant Battle 1, you can transfer the data over (not sure what this gets you)

We also have X-Drake confirmed as playable...

So with that, we have Luffy, Zoro, Law, and Drake confirmed from the Supernovas.... with Apoo, Urouge, Hawkins, and Bonney confirmed as assists... with Kidd confirmed to be in game so far..... leaving Killer and Capone out so far.... y'know, with Law confirmed playable... I kinda figured Kidd would be playable~

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2011-08-23 at 00:39.
Old 2011-08-23, 01:13   Link #13
Undertaker

heh, if Kid is in, Killer is probably a pretty save bet, Capone on the other hand consider his DF it might be too much trouble to get him in the game as either Assist playable or even boss.
Old 2011-08-27, 01:09   Link #14
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

New trailer out...

Game actually looks soooooooo much better. It also confirmed Dadan and Bepo as Support characters~
Old 2011-08-29, 03:08   Link #15
Undertaker

The trailer do looks pretty badass, it actually made me feeling I gotta import this thing..
Old 2011-08-29, 16:50   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The trailer do looks pretty badass, it actually made me feeling I gotta import this thing..
Not much Japanese is really needed to enjoy the first game, so hopefully it should be the same for the second. Import i say!
Old 2011-08-30, 01:17   Link #17
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Seems players can now choose "different fighting styles" for each character...

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/29...ighting-styles

Quote:
One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 New World will have more varied fights than the previous Nintendo DS game due to the new character style system. Players can choose a style for their character like superman style for Luffy which gives him a pummeling attack that can break an enemy’s guard.
So basically what I gather is that it's kinda like how you equip Supports to a character, only your equipping "power-ups" instead.
Old 2011-08-31, 05:54   Link #18
marvelB

This is just a heads-up, but.... apparently there may be a new OP game for the PS3. If true, I'll gladly make a new thread for it.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 22:33   Link #19
DeathStrike
SLASH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
This is just a heads-up, but.... apparently there may be a new OP game for the PS3. If true, I'll gladly make a new thread for it.
will anybody discuss this game now that op with be on ps3
Old 2011-09-04, 08:35   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStrike View Post
will anybody discuss this game now that op with be on ps3
You can here.