AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2018-04-28, 16:47   Link #341
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
I'm just baffled that we don't have more concrete information as to why Kim suddenly changed his policy within months.
I am almost certain it is due to the recent visit he made to China and met Xi Jinping. It was such a big deal that China only announced the meeting after he had already gone home. He wouldn't have made the trip without it being monumental to his government.
Old 2018-04-30, 23:05   Link #342
Key Board
Carbon

I wonder how much of former presidents Park's impeachment was a factor in all of this
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 01:36   Link #343
Toukairin
Banned

I'm not sure that's a factor. Park sure looked like Margaret Thatcher at times in her approach with North Korea, but it was not as if the Kims ever seriously tried negotiating with anyone until now. As far as everyone is concerned, the Norks fired artillery strikes on South Korean soil and are suspected of sinking the Cheonan. No wonder why the South Korean government hardened its stance for nearly 7 years after those incidents, and Park only became president in 2013.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 10:23   Link #344
dragon1412

To be honest, I'm actually rather skeptical of this news, I mean, Peace is always good and the people is having enough of what is going on - but's let's face it; North Korea have a history of breaking treaty. North Korea pledged denuclearization in 1992, 1994, 2005 and 2012. And agreements of peace and aids in exchange of demilitarized was always on the table before; and they did break it after that

As much as i'd like to enjoy the news. The guy in charge and the north korea history is making me rather questioning toward this talk
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 05:19   Link #345
The Green One

North Korea makes peace? I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 2018-05-05, 13:42   Link #346
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
North Korea makes peace? I'll believe it when I see it.
Even if it happens, it won't last. Just like how NK repeatedly breaks their deals or US breaks the deal just like Iran deal because they didn't live up to the the "spirit". Either ways, unified Korea is going to have some tough times soon because SK has to feed both mouths. They already have a huge unemployment issue as is and these are the two highest suicide rate countries in Asia combining.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 17:55   Link #347
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
The guy in charge and the north korea history is making me rather questioning toward this talk
Let's not forget the other idiot in this equation, Donald Trump only wants to make a deal that lasts a few months, so he can say "Mission Acomplished" before the elections. The day after the elections he could not care less if China helps NK invade the south, just like with Russia's invasion of Crimea, he will be on the side of the aggressors.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 21:44   Link #348
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Let's not forget the other idiot in this equation, Donald Trump only wants to make a deal that lasts a few months, so he can say "Mission Acomplished" before the elections. The day after the elections he could not care less if China helps NK invade the south, just like with Russia's invasion of Crimea, he will be on the side of the aggressors.
Yep, that would be the definition of a crappy deal. The GOP have been whining for a long time even though Obama took his time for months and years while gather inglots of superpowers at the table to sign the Iran deal. Those GOP fools never dared to try understand how difficult and yet superb the work was done with so many parties invlved there. What Drumpf does now is cheap politics and absolute whoring (for lack of a better term) with no concrete sight for the long term at all.
Old 2018-05-08, 19:08   Link #349
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Thank you for being able to tell us exactly what President Trump's goal and thinking is.

I'm always skeptical whenever a Dictator does anything positive, and this is no different. Nothing else in the last 60+ years that has been done, has been working however. So we will just have to see how this plays out. There isnt anything any of us here can do but observe.
Old 2018-05-08, 21:59   Link #350
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

If we know anything about Trump it is that he, despite his own claims, is terrible at making deals. So you will have to excuse us who are actually familiar with the Korean history when we are skeptical that Trump is interested in a lasting solution, especially when he just ended the Iran deal.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 23:25   Link #351
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
If we know anything about Trump it is that he, despite his own claims, is terrible at making deals. So you will have to excuse us who are actually familiar with the Korean history when we are skeptical that Trump is interested in a lasting solution, especially when he just ended the Iran deal.
Considering the majority of the American People and the Majority of Congress was against the Iran deal in 2015, and is against it in 2018, President Trump was doing what was asked of him, and I'm sure as his advisors recommended.
Old 2018-05-09, 00:19   Link #352
coded321
He Who Games

^i'm not sure where you got your information, but all the info I've seen seems to show that the majority of americans, and both democrats and republicans supported the deal. furthermore, trump fired the advisers(tillerson) who told him not to exit the iran deal replacing them with war hawks like john bolton
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 02:40   Link #353
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Considering the majority of the American People and the Majority of Congress was against the Iran deal in 2015, and is against it in 2018, President Trump was doing what was asked of him, and I'm sure as his advisors recommended.
This is false:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/08/polit...ent/index.html

It same for Paris Agreement and other stuff. Trump doesn't give a damn about most Americans, its all about getting back Obama. Only his brainless cult loves this.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 03:26   Link #354
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
This is false:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/08/polit...ent/index.html

It same for Paris Agreement and other stuff. Trump doesn't give a damn about most Americans, its all about getting back Obama. Only his brainless cult loves this.
https://www.politico.eu/article/poll...ort-iran-deal/

https://www.investors.com/politics/c...-nuclear-deal/

http://www.people-press.org/2015/09/...reement-falls/

http://iranprimer.usip.org/blog/2015...ess-votes-deal

The Senate voted 58 - 42 against the Iran deal in 2015. An almost super majority.

The Iranian Government is not to be trusted. They have been funding terror around the world for years. They don't care about peace. Only control.

Also if by brainless cult, you mean over 40% of the active voters in America... I'll side with them anyday over the other side. Turn your nose up at Middle America just as the Media did, and you'll be seeing President Trump have a second term.
Old 2018-05-09, 03:54   Link #355
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Also if by brainless cult, you mean over 40% of the active voters in America... I'll side with them anyday over the other side. Turn your nose up at Middle America just as the Media did, and you'll be seeing President Trump have a second term.
By '' brainless cult'' he probably mean the +/- 18% of the electorate than support Trump no mater what he say or do. As for Trump's second term, to me, the biggest factor will be if the Dem run a competent campaing or do one as bad as last one.
Old 2018-05-09, 04:09   Link #356
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Turn your nose up at Middle America just as the Media did, and you'll be seeing President Trump have a second term.
I have been to Middle America... and I see a bunch of people mostly stuck in a different century. It is bleeping depressing. They are the ones who need to learn how to look elsewhere for inspiration.

That being said, stay on topic or please go away. This is about the Korean peninsula, and a number of people have reasons to believe something doesn't sit right.
Old 2018-05-12, 11:16   Link #357
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/11/w...sanctions.html

Quote:
Even as Mr. Trump is celebrating North Korea’s release of three American prisoners, China has many reasons to believe it will come out ahead in the coming talks.

For one thing, its leverage over sanctions enforcement means its view on the main issues — the method and pace of denuclearization — will carry weight with both North Korea and the United States. Beyond that, it sees the prospect of progress toward a longstanding security goal: the withdrawal of United States troops from the Korean Peninsula.

Mr. Trump has shown great enthusiasm for signing an official peace treaty with North Korea, a gesture that he has said would be good for everyone.

However, such an outcome might also play into China’s hands by calling into question the need for the nearly 30,000 American troops now stationed in South Korea, and the annual joint military exercises that involve even more American forces, which are intended to serve as a deterrent against the heavily armed North.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 12:42   Link #358
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Can't people be happy for once. Some good things happened the world finally seems to be fixing mistakes. Really does everyone have to spin it such a negative. Who the fuck cares about who actually did it it's actually happening something good is actually happening just be happy for once.
Old 2018-05-12, 14:20   Link #359
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It's hardly certain that "something good" is happening with respect to Korea, and even less certain with respect to security in East Asia as a whole. A hyped-up "summit" between Kim and Trump will likely go nowhere if the Trump Administration continues to insist that the DPRK must disarm before progress can be made. Would the US be willing to withdraw its forces from South Korea in response to Kim removing his nuclear weapons and ICBMs? What would that mean for South Korea? For Japan? For Taiwan?

I'm hardly opposed to negotiations and certainly not to peace, but it's important to remain clear-eyed in these situations.

Trump wants a Nobel Peace Prize as yet another way to show up his predecessor. I don't think the welfare of the people of East Asia factor into his calculations at all. Trump is neither sincere nor trustworthy. Certainly the DPRK under the KIms has not been trustworthy either. We'll see whether Kim Jong-un is sincere.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 14:45   Link #360
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It's hardly certain that "something good" is happening with respect to Korea, and even less certain with respect to security in East Asia as a whole. A hyped-up "summit" between Kim and Trump will likely go nowhere if the Trump Administration continues to insist that the DPRK must disarm before progress can be made. Would the US be willing to withdraw its forces from South Korea in response to Kim removing his nuclear weapons and ICBMs? What would that mean for South Korea? For Japan? For Taiwan?
Not to say anything about the US getting out of the Iran Deal with little reason more than Trump wanted to do so.; that open doubt over the value of any deal made with him as he might choose to simply get out of it.