AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-22, 12:25   Link #10721
Gravitas Free Zone

Unintentional blind fire: I was in my Hetzer, sighting down the Live Oaks railroad tracks through the trees from the swamp side, and one of our scouts spotted a PzIV. I took a couple of shots at it, including one right after the outline disappeared below the bridge embankment.

A couple of seconds later I hear the kill notification voice clip and see that I've killed an M4 Sherman that no one had spotted yet.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 12:38   Link #10722
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
RWBladewing you're too good at this game.
*Chokes on lunch from sheer shock*

Whoa, now THAT is one thing I thought I would never hear. Thanks, but my recent stats are very inflated and really not all that accurate in regards to my actual skill. They generally tend to reflect a very small number of games because I often quit after a good match to make sure I walk away in a good mood (the "I can't quit after a terrible game like that, must keep playing to quit on a good note" death spiral hits me hard), with that good game affecting the stats more than usual because of the small number.

Playing with you guys on weeknights may be difficult but weekends would not be an issue. If you want, you can message me later if you see me on and I'll look into getting the Valentine II. Just, don't expect me to be as good as those numbers may indicate, haha.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 12:47   Link #10723
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
*Chokes on lunch from sheer shock*

Whoa, now THAT is one thing I thought I would never hear. Thanks, but my recent stats are very inflated and really not all that accurate in regards to my actual skill. They generally tend to reflect a very small number of games because I often quit after a good match to make sure I walk away in a good mood (the "I can't quit after a terrible game like that, must keep playing to quit on a good note" death spiral hits me hard), with that good game affecting the stats more than usual because of the small number.

Playing with you guys on weeknights may be difficult but weekends would not be an issue. If you want, you can message me later if you see me on and I'll look into getting the Valentine II. Just, don't expect me to be as good as those numbers may indicate, haha.
Great~ I'll talk to you in game then.

I'm sure you're just being modest I looked you up and your performance has been really consistent. Low tiers or not, it's still impressive.

Yeah I know what you mean, the "I can't quit after a terrible game" thing actually landed me in a 49 game losing streak last year. Call it statistically improbable, but it happened. You may not believe me, but let me just say this: Even recently I got kicked out of the client for "botting protection" because I lost too many games in a row, WAY too many to count. So many that the game thinks it's statistically impossible for a human to lose this many games, and I must have been a bot.

I am by far the worst person I know when it comes to insisting to play on a losing streak and getting spiraled down to oblivion.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 13:36   Link #10724
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Great~ I'll talk to you in game then.

I'm sure you're just being modest I looked you up and your performance has been really consistent. Low tiers or not, it's still impressive.

Yeah I know what you mean, the "I can't quit after a terrible game" thing actually landed me in a 49 game losing streak last year. Call it statistically improbable, but it happened. You may not believe me, but let me just say this: Even recently I got kicked out of the client for "botting protection" because I lost too many games in a row, WAY too many to count. So many that the game thinks it's statistically impossible for a human to lose this many games, and I must have been a bot.

I am by far the worst person I know when it comes to insisting to play on a losing streak and getting spiraled down to oblivion.
Well, maybe not so much modesty but more a serious lack of self-confidence and worth. I still have way too many potato games and deer in headlights moments to consider myself good by any means though. Like, my ability to adapt to changing situations is really poor. If things go according to plan and tanks go where they "should", I can often get killer games, but when that plan falls apart, I become paralyzed with indecision and watch myself die or have the game otherwise slip away. I hope to eventually get better at this through watching enough videos of good players and seeing how they react.

I believe you about the streak as I have seen some crazy things happen in this game, but I think you're being too modest too if you think all those were actually your fault, as your stats definitely suggest otherwise.

I would not take the game booting you as a sign that it thinks you're a bot either. Random kicks like that have been happening a lot lately. I was kicked from the game the other day for "Spamming battle chat" despite not uttering a single word the entire night.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 18:42   Link #10725
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

remember how I said not to passive scout with the ELC?

this is what you should do instead
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 02:22   Link #10726
Gravitas Free Zone

Oh dear.

(From here.)
Old 2013-11-23, 03:20   Link #10727
LeoXiao
思想工作

When playing my Panther on the south side of Tundra, had a Hellcat raise hell (hehe) after he died, giving away our positions to the enemy, telling them to "kill those camping idiots". I charged forward, a fact which was also promptly reported to the opposition. Didn't matter. I killed a TD, got an enemy Panther to come out and be damaged (then I destroyed him), and then made a beeline for their arty. I was beaten to it by a scout, but by that time we had won and the Hellcat was cursing all the while, saying we "leeched off the efforts of those who died early" and telling the enemy where we were and how they ought to take us out. Last line in the gamechat was by an enemy player, who said "wow your Hellcat is full of himself". Reading that felt better than the victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
remember how I said not to passive scout with the ELC?

this is what you should do instead
holy crap, when you engaged the 110 I was like "wow this noob". Then was I was like "ah some allies helped him." The you went to defend the base and I was like "k so this replay is supposed to be an example of a good losing defense, right?" Then your team somehow won despite the fact that it was you and that AMX up against two heavies. Fantastic.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 04:04   Link #10728
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Today, I joined the dark (TD) side and bought myself an SU-152 while it was on sale. I was sick and tired of them sideway-artying me all the time so I decided to do it myself. I am now convinced that Soviet TDs are the ultimate easy mode. Fully stock everything with crap crew and no equipments, I did 2400 damage without even trying. Even the heavies could not beat me one on one. I brawled a full health heavy to death while taking no damage.

Sigh... It's so obscene. Guess I now have an outlet to vent my anger when I feel the game is not being fair to me.
Old 2013-11-23, 04:31   Link #10729
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Guys, I have a question which might be somewhat noob but I really need someone to answer this:

What is the maximum number of skills/perks of each crew(as an individual)? Please answer this and I`ll appreciate it hundred thanks.

I`m half way to Hellcat, 15k research experience left. I almost died because of Alecto`s derp, but I`m glad I dodged it (It was so close)
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 04:48   Link #10730
Sumeragi
Banned

There is no actual limit. However, given the astronomical amount of experience needed, I believe the most anyone has achieved so far is 8 slots.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 06:26   Link #10731
Pen3

Quote:
Today, I joined the dark (TD) side and bought myself an SU-152 while it was on sale. I was sick and tired of them sideway-artying me all the time so I decided to do it myself. I am now convinced that Soviet TDs are the ultimate easy mode. Fully stock everything with crap crew and no equipments, I did 2400 damage without even trying. Even the heavies could not beat me one on one. I brawled a full health heavy to death while taking no damage.

Sigh... It's so obscene. Guess I now have an outlet to vent my anger when I feel the game is not being fair to me.
That fuking ISU camo can be 50m in front you with no cover and fire while still invisible.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 07:39   Link #10732
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
That fuking ISU camo can be 50m in front you with no cover and fire while still invisible.
Russian Biased :P

I have to get some Russian TDs but I havent touched the MS-1 in my garage but I`m glad I didnt dismiss the crew
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 09:46   Link #10733
Gravitas Free Zone

8 skills is about 30 million XP.
Old 2013-11-23, 13:07   Link #10734
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
REMOVE_SOVIET_TDS_FROM_THE_GAME

...along with other high alpha high camo/armor TDs with no obvious drawbacks.

Not even kidding. I know people always dismiss this by saying "lol you're just mad because arty got nerfed and now you find the next thing to whine about", but as many of my friends can attest to, I have always had a problem with TDs in this game, even when most people were just arty-bashing before 8.6, and have never in my life whined about arty. The arty nerf only worsened the TD problem. It's not like it wasn't there to begin with. In my opinion high alpha high camo TDs have more advantages over arty overall. They hit far more often than arty with only slightly less damage per shot(counting splash average, because it's not very likely that arty shots will penetrate with HE and do full 1000+ full damage every shot), same if not better camo, autobounce sloped frontal armor and significantly quicker reload time(lower damage per shot, but not putting all your eggs in one basket like arties do with their >1 minute reload). Sure, they can't do indirect fire, but do you really need it when you can just be in their faces, be invisible and watch them scream?

Oh, don't forget that TDs only have slightly less HP than tanks of the same tiers, where arties have about 1/3. Even if the armor doesn't work, you're never oneshottable. So you always get a chance to fight back and cripple the enemy with your obscenely high alpha, at least once, before you die.

EDIT: If my stats were better, I would like to be the new Garbad for TD whines. But I guess that's not happening.

Last edited by Achiuakuna; 2013-11-23 at 13:17.
Old 2013-11-23, 16:08   Link #10735
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Unintentional blind fire: I was in my Hetzer, sighting down the Live Oaks railroad tracks through the trees from the swamp side, and one of our scouts spotted a PzIV. I took a couple of shots at it, including one right after the outline disappeared below the bridge embankment.

A couple of seconds later I hear the kill notification voice clip and see that I've killed an M4 Sherman that no one had spotted yet.
Uncanny. The same happened to me just now. Aimed for an M7 but shot an invisible SU-85.
Old 2013-11-23, 16:39   Link #10736
LeoXiao
思想工作

Pretty sure I just solved the TD problem:

“BT-2 project with recoilless 203 mm gun”

Run in fear, ISUs.

Speaking of which, at some point I will be repurchasing the ISU-152, as I don't have a tier VIII TD and everyone's sob stories are making me see the machine in a new light.
Old 2013-11-23, 17:37   Link #10737
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Why use a recoilless gun? Use a regular one and it can double as propulsion.
Old 2013-11-23, 20:37   Link #10738
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post

Run in fear, ISUs.

Speaking of which, at some point I will be repurchasing the ISU-152, as I don't have a tier VIII TD and everyone's sob stories are making me see the machine in a new light.

"I used to be a light tank like you, but then I took a 203mm through the turret..."

Was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that. XD
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:51   Link #10739
Gravitas Free Zone

Heh.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-23, 21:12   Link #10740
LeoXiao
思想工作

That's an awesome reskin. Reminds me of this for some reason:

What it's like driving an ELC

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks