AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-10, 19:49   Link #461
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Finished reading the first chap ... apparently it's set in a world where people have some hidden abilities sleeping inside them, and where a certain organisation is looking for people who awoke to their ability. Well, the protag is a guy who decided to run away from the "path-of-the-strongest" routine his peculiar family (brothers) imposed him and aspired become a mangaka instead. But soon, he found himself wrapped up in hilarious turns of events where his right hand, which he dedicated to draw manga, became the host of one of those divine powers.
That and the protag looks nothing like Touma when he doesn't have his ability active.

Well, I think at this point we can drop the "He's a Touma clone!" argument. More like a nod to his character only.

Speaking of news, more from js06 about "A Simple Questionnaire".

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06, regarding the sneak peek for the novel
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/newwork/newwork.php

The new work page for A Simple Survey has nothing new except for an image of a film projector.
They really don't want to reveal anything about this novel, do they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by js06, reporting from 2ch

From the afterword:
>There are some ideas I come up with that I am unable to fit into a series. A good number of them had piled up, so I decided to write this book.
>Each individual idea could possibly become a book of its own if it was expanded on, but the problem arises that I might be getting too many series to handle.
>One of these could be expanded on to make a novel later, but nothing has been decided for the moment.

>The prologue says you will watch a number of short films and that you are to put them in order.
>The first half is 24 short stories which are the short films. The second half is a glimpse at the participants' surveys.

A few examples of the short stories:
>A moe-ified computer virus that cannot be easily eliminated and a moe-ified anti-virus software that opposes it.
>A world where realistic human parts such ears or eyes made from cyborg technology are put on household electronics. Example: A frying pan with artificial skin to function as a heat sensor.
>There are too many monsters, so their corpses are analyzed to create drugs or other methods of effectively reducing their numbers.

>The girl on the cover is glimpsed in the background but left a mystery overall.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-07-10, 19:57   Link #462
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06, reporting from 2ch
A few examples of the short stories:
>A moe-ified computer virus that cannot be easily eliminated and a moe-ified anti-virus software that opposes it.
>A world where realistic human parts such ears or eyes made from cyborg technology are put on household electronics. Example: A frying pan with artificial skin to function as a heat sensor.
>There are too many monsters, so their corpses are analyzed to create drugs or other methods of effectively reducing their numbers.
^

What...The...Fuck... ?
Old 2012-07-10, 20:45   Link #463
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
You read it? what's the title of it and is it translated?
As it was said earlier, it's called Takamagahara and yeah it's translated. It just started serialization so there's only one chapter out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^

What...The...Fuck... ?
An old quote from you 2 pages ago.

Quote:
I guess the old saying is true- You can write about anything
Old 2012-07-10, 21:36   Link #464
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
^

What...The...Fuck... ?
Please...we have Hoi Hoi-san and her pest exterminating compatriots...this is not surprising...
Old 2012-07-11, 00:43   Link #465
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
That and the protag looks nothing like Touma when he doesn't have his ability active.

Well, I think at this point we can drop the "He's a Touma clone!" argument. More like a nod to his character only.
Yeah too bad, now it might be the first manga since Dragon Ball where I expect the main to get fired up every chapter just for the fun of watching spiky haired boy's falcon punch
Quote:
^

What...The...Fuck... ?
There's still 21 more of them you know, if only this much has such effects, you should "train" before reading the rest.

Anyway, it seems like Kamachi has set his "limits" with that one, so we probably won't hear about any "new work" 'till one of his current ones is finished. But I'm still wondering what is he smoking to be able to find this many "original" stories while still filling up his main ones with complex settings and terminologies >.>
Old 2012-07-11, 02:12   Link #466
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Koshoten has the mystery aspect.

Hako Mari always seemed more of psychological analysis of characters and mystery than supernatural.

For now anyway

Something of a supernatural thriller would be.... I dunno....most of the ones I can think of are eroge. And standard publisher novels have more examples of those than LN

Which is why I am surprised in its uniqueness among the LN selections on offer (that isn't game related obviously), it isn't more popular...
Koshoten is straight up detective story IMO. Hako Mari is less so. For me, Hako Mari is closer to Dantalian or Tsukumudo with a continuous story. Is the reason Hako Mari 5 take a long time to come out is because the author getting an author block like Haruhi's author?
Old 2012-07-11, 03:24   Link #467
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Koshoten is straight up detective story IMO. Hako Mari is less so. For me, Hako Mari is closer to Dantalian or Tsukumudo with a continuous story. Is the reason Hako Mari 5 take a long time to come out is because the author getting an author block like Haruhi's author?
well if i remember correctly, he said that after hakomari vol4 he have to focus on another work, but the truth is if he getting an author block is unknown.

@Cosmic eagle: Hakomari is counting up to now 5 vol in total, the popularity haven't been that all important yet,you should wait a few more vol and see how it will turn out
Old 2012-07-11, 03:27   Link #468
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
well if i remember correctly, he said that after hakomari vol4 he have to focus on another work, but the truth is if he getting an author block is unknown.

@Cosmic eagle: Hakomari is counting up to now 5 vol in total, the popularity haven't been that all important yet,you should wait a few more vol and see how it will turn out
Well seeing how that other work was like...one volume released in the intervening period...well him having to refocus may be true.

Few more? If this doesn't turn out to be one of the concluding arcs....definitely feels like things are coming to a climax before the finale.
Old 2012-07-11, 17:45   Link #469
Awrya
U mad?

Where does he get all those ideas from? Did he write them down after a visit in a local bar and before passing out?

A moe-ified virus (yandere) and a moe-ified anti-virus (tsundere)?
(It's not like I protected your files because I care about you!)?
Something like this?
I can totally see them used in a Silent Hill like movie
Old 2012-07-11, 18:20   Link #470
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I can totally see them used in a Silent Hill like movie
Yeah, even though it says 'artificial skin', I keep imagining it as real skin...
Old 2012-07-11, 21:59   Link #471
Miraluka
Banned

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
What kind of twisted writer would write that?

Oh wait, is Kazuchin.
Old 2012-07-12, 04:18   Link #472
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
And there's more to the eye for the novel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-2369.html

Here's some more images from A Simple Survey.

So far, 2ch's reaction has been mostly positive.

Old 2012-07-12, 04:41   Link #473
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, it's almost a perfect fit...

Spoiler for A Simple Questionnaire Illustration:

Then there's this chart which I assume is related to the survey:

Old 2012-07-12, 07:53   Link #474
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ It looks like a map @_@, and what do those Kanji mean? and that "Kozue" too

Quote:
Spoiler for A Simple Questionnaire Illustration:
Badass ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-2369.html

Here's some more images from A Simple Survey.

So far, 2ch's reaction has been mostly positive.
Looks like there's summaries of the short stories in there O.O
Old 2012-07-12, 09:12   Link #475
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Looks like there's summaries of the short stories in there O.O
Rather than summary, I'm almost certain it's the blogger's own impressions
Old 2012-07-12, 09:39   Link #476
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Is that so? ... well, It must be "something" for them to dedicate their time writing all those stuffs
Old 2012-07-12, 09:41   Link #477
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
That and those are actual summaries.

And to quote some of the points

Quote:
1st story: 3D AI computer virus ninja chick (with big tits) vs pretty girl anti-virus software

16th story: Hero (Yuusha) with giant tits and loli demon king (Maou) thinking what if they get their roles reversed

Old 2012-07-12, 10:05   Link #478
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
That and those are actual summaries.

And to quote some of the points
HMMMMMMMM.... I wonder what could be the underlining theme here... >.>
Old 2012-07-12, 15:19   Link #479
tsunade666

why does the story had to have either big boobs or a loli?
Old 2012-07-12, 16:09   Link #480
Iron Maw
Banned

Because it sells. >.>
Closed Thread

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases