AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-29, 03:57   Link #1
crystar
*yawns*

Blade of the Immortal - Anime

Production

Studio :Bee Train (Noir, .hack//SIGN, Tsubasa Chroniclesm, Madlax)
Director: Mashimo Koichi (.hack//SIGN, Avenger, Noir, El Cazador de La Bruja)
Scriptwriter: Kawasaki Hiroyuki (Sakura Wars, Jigouku Shoujo Futakomori, Martian Successor Nadeshico, Godannar)
Character Design: Yamashita Yoshimitsu (Murder Princess)
Music: Otani Kou (Gundam Wing, Shakugan no Shana, Konjiki no Gash Bell, Eyeshield 21)

Voice Actors

Manji: Seki Tomokazu
Rin: Satou Rina
Kagehisa Anotsu: Nojima Hirofumi
Taito Magatsu: Kazuya Nakai
Sabato Kurui: Ebara Masashi
Eikuu Shizuma: Katsuyuki Konishi
Araya Kawakami: Namikawa Daisuke
Makie: Mamiko Noto
Hyakurin: Toyoguchi Megumi
Giichi: Morikawa Toshiyuki
Shira: Miki Shinichirou
Machi: Sakamoto Maaya

Information from: AnimeNewsNetwork

English wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_of_the_Immortal

I'll update the first post here appropriately once we got more information. But yeah, it's a pleasant surprise to see that some of the manga titles from the past are not getting forgotten yet. And for those unfamiliar, here's the manga synopsis for Blade of the Immortal (aka Mugen no Juunin)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNewsNetwork
Manji is an amoral swordsman, who has been cursed with eternal life. He has grown tired of living with all the death he has created. He has no skills other then those of killing, thus he forms a plan to regain his mortality: he shall kill one hundred evil men for each good one he has killed. The old witch who afflicted Manji with immortality agrees to Manji's proposition and Manji is set on his path to kill one thousand evil men. On his journey he meets a young girl, Rin, who has her own vengeance to seek against the sword school whose members slaughtered Rin's family. Rin and Manji journey together, each hoping to find some kind of peace. In their way are many varied enemies. Rin and Manji are almost constantly under attack and must learn to live their lives, avoiding being consumed by revenge.

Last edited by crystar; 2008-03-27 at 22:14.
Old 2007-12-29, 04:48   Link #2
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

That is good news. I hope we can also hear similar info from Vagabond soon.
Old 2007-12-29, 05:59   Link #3
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
an anime adaptation of mugen no juunin is going to be hard, the key point of this serie is it s impressive graphic quality. i doubt that they ll manage to animate such a thing without sacrifying the graphic quality, in order to keep the visual quality they d need to throw some rediculous amount of money in it.
if they really do an adaptation i hope they only do a few OVA with a few months between each in order to give the animation studio the time to work properly
Old 2007-12-29, 12:18   Link #4
ginrai1984
100% silver voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
That is good news. I hope we can also hear similar info from Vagabond soon.

the only way that it woul happen for vagabond if they get the huge budget&team behind seirei no morobito.
Old 2007-12-29, 12:44   Link #5
Deathbringer_37

Wow, this is surprising. I was under the impression that the author thought that the manga wouldn´t translate well into anime.
Old 2007-12-29, 13:04   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The name was inviting , the summary peeked my intrest . Definately one of those animes I have to check out when it gets subbed . And as Szayelt said Xp ( I kidd I kidd)
Old 2007-12-30, 07:51   Link #7
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Oh god, blade of the immortal.......I can't see how they could animate it.The drawing style is really special.I am worried.

Last edited by ZeusIrae; 2008-01-03 at 13:54. Reason: blade not battle, I deserve to be shot for this mistake.
Old 2007-12-31, 04:53   Link #8
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Oh. My. God. Blades of Immortal.

One of the boldest series I have ever read and own. The author is seriously brave and SO talented with drawing!
Old 2007-12-31, 19:50   Link #9
Monkey D. Luffy

Blade of The Immortal is one of my favorite manga's and always thought that it would evantually get animated. It's way to early to see how it will be but I'm waiting for more information about this.
Old 2008-01-01, 20:19   Link #10
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
Oh. My. God. Blades of Immortal.
I had the same reaction.

Man, it's Blade of the Immortal..! Putting the title and the word "anime" in the same sentence alone is bound to cause a reaction of sorts. The first question that popped into my head wasn't "why?" but "how!?"

I need to see a trailer of this!
Old 2008-01-01, 23:30   Link #11
7Th
Mixtape

I can see this working... with Blood:TLV's styling at least.
Old 2008-01-02, 14:54   Link #12
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Oh wow. Well, hmm. I hope whoever animates this does a good job at it. And please, feel free to use creative license to adapt it to screen.

Because, if I recall correctly, the manga loses steam in the middle,

Spoiler:

I don't think an anime would benefit from staying "faithful" to that particular arc, which the manga has only recently broken out of, if I'm correct. I wasn't particularly pleased with how Madhouse "adapted" Claymore for animation, and I would look forward to a creative team that dares to be a little different while adapting the characters and story for a very different medium.
Old 2008-01-02, 18:49   Link #13
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

^Yeah, that would be the end of volume 20.
Spoiler:

I have to agree with TinyRedLeaf on the animation.

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2008-01-02 at 21:24.
Old 2008-01-02, 19:26   Link #14
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

As a fan of the manga I am naturally interested, but very hesitant. The manga is one of the most insanely gross things I have ever seen in a sense of the sheer perverseness of what the mangaka has some people do to human bodies. There's no way that they can stay true to the source material and put that in the anime, but it is really central to some characters.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-01-02, 21:27   Link #15
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

^Shira comes to mind . I agree with you, censor that and you change the whole person. I'm curious on how they're going to handle that. They need to stay as true as they can to the source material like you said. It's not like we've never seen rape scenes (not that this happens often) or decapitations in other anime. Even Claymore had a lot of arms, legs and heads flying around.
Old 2008-01-02, 21:49   Link #16
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

The manga is quite violent and graphic, i wonder how the anie is going to be.
Old 2008-01-02, 22:32   Link #17
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
^Shira comes to mind .
He certainly does. And let's not forget Sabato, the gentleman in the first arc with the... shoulders. If they change that one horrific detail, they change a lot about what happens.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-01-02, 22:49   Link #18
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
^Shira comes to mind . I agree with you, censor that and you change the whole person. I'm curious on how they're going to handle that. They need to stay as true as they can to the source material like you said. It's not like we've never seen rape scenes (not that this happens often) or decapitations in other anime. Even Claymore had a lot of arms, legs and heads flying around.
It's not just that. It's also the fact that such scenes are done (...dare I say it?) so artistically. Like when...

Spoiler:

The fact that such events are portrayed so well on paper makes it even more dreadful to read and watch. I hope the anime can do justice to such meaningful moments, all in their gruesome details, and not just focus on the action and blood spilling.
Old 2008-01-03, 03:04   Link #19
Kamui4356
Aria Company

This is a suprise. Of all the manga to get an anime, this is one of the last I'd expect. While I look foward to it, I share concerns about how it can be adapted as an anime. I doubt the art style will make the transition smoothly. Not to mention the content... Hopefully it can be made to work without excessive editting.
Old 2008-01-03, 03:06   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Here is a wallpaper I found more can be found here

Tags
action, seinen