AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 21:52   Link #61
Seiryuu

Just started looking through this, and it's interesting. Funny thing is I sometimes think the lack of "white" is more servicey than it'd be if it did show on occasions. This is one of those cases. I mean, you've got huge winds, girls falling from high places, and even one 10-yr-old girl whose resting position seems to frequently put her legs at about a 120-degree angle. In any one of these cases, the fact that the skirt always covers the intended area would seem strange, or in some cases simply illogical. In some cases the falls, winds and spreads are really completely irrelevant, so it seems like they're intentionally producing that sort of suggestion. A perfect skirt is understandable if it's not too common or not too obvious, but here that is certainly not the case.
Not to mention that one of the main characters is a ten-year-old yuri pervert who can't stop talking about boobs and butts.
As for loli, I'd say this fits the bill. We're not dealing with 16-year-olds or 14-year-olds, but with 10-year-olds. And their youth is emphasized frequently by their height. Sure, they're not Chocosis loli or KnJ loli, but they still fit, maybe somewhere in the very general region of Nanoha's version, the superloli(I've used this term in other ways but this way fits). Fanservice or no, one of the most notable things about this type is raw destructive power, the sort of power that could take out a small planet without a drop of sweat. At first glance I thought the Chief was babying the girls because they were cute, until I looked again at the city. If you just saw a little girl level half a city simply going a little over-the-top, you'd certainly be desperate to make sure she never REALLY gets mad.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:42   Link #62
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

*Nosebleed*

Heavens, that was cute.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 00:42   Link #63
d-one

After watching the first ep. I must say that I really disappointed with the anime version 'cause they change the good storyline of the manga (my country publish them and it already reach vol.9) which about
Spoiler for manga story:
into a what I called Children's super hero show (Defeat the bad guy, Defend the Justice) .

They change Minamoto's first encounter with the children totally and it really makes me sad. The way the villain appears too is really different from the manga
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 01:08   Link #64
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
...The single major criticism I have with it is she is overacting to the point of losing control of the character.
I'm not that happy with the voice she's using, either, and I get what you're talking about, but the fact is that she is helping create a memorable character with that "overacting." In any case, I suspect she is giving the director the voice and the level of overacting he wants. We'll see if they make any adjustments in succeeding eps. The problem to me is that her style and the styles of the other VAs are so different that, seen one way, she is overacting, and seen another way, the others are colorless, kind of washed out.

My main problem with the show, if I have one, is that the script doesn't do much for me. Nowhere near Lucky Star in humor, for me. But I'll keep watching.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 04:42   Link #65
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Liked The First Ep..Really Funny..
Witting Ep 2 ^.^
Old 2008-04-11, 05:32   Link #66
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My main problem with the show, if I have one, is that the script doesn't do much for me. Nowhere near Lucky Star in humor, for me. But I'll keep watching.
To me, that's a good thing. Lucky Star was fun, but a bit too nonsequitur and too many internal otaku jokes.

Zettai Karen, like some blogs have mentioned, is sorta like a Japanese Power Puff Girls. Just a straightforward psychic asswupping with cute girls.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 06:02   Link #67
Slice of Life
eyewitness

What does this even have to do with Lucky Star? Yes, I know of course what this has to do with Lucky Star but that connection is absolutely irrelevant to the story. I hope the humor in this is nothing like that in Lucky Star because I couldn't find much in LS in the first place.

This seems to be about girls blowing stuff up in a simple story. Slayers comes to my mind.
Old 2008-04-11, 06:59   Link #68
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I think those who have not read the manga would probably enjoy this series...those who already have read the manga would probably complain abit
Given that I haven't read the manga, I would have to agree(?)

Kaoru sure is cute: I like how she acts like an old wheezer yet reacts so violently to Kouichi's touch (especially at the end, when he wiped Kaoru's cut )
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 07:58   Link #69
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Zettai Karen, like some blogs have mentioned, is sorta like a Japanese Power Puff Girls. Just a straightforward psychic asswupping with cute girls.
That's a nice way of putting it.

Can't say one thing though, i'm very much looking forward to seeing some of the villains shown in the OP.
Old 2008-04-11, 08:10   Link #70
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
What does this even have to do with Lucky Star? Yes, I know of course what this has to do with Lucky Star but that connection is absolutely irrelevant to the story. I hope the humor in this is nothing like that in Lucky Star because I couldn't find much in LS in the first place.

This seems to be about girls blowing stuff up in a simple story. Slayers comes to my mind.
Slayers was definitely more involved though and its story, while simple, had a pretty heady backstory to it that most anime can't even hope to match (thanks to all the novels out there by Kanzaka). And most anime, no matter how action oriented can boast that the entire cast was killed of then came back. I don't know, I wouldn't ever equate Slayers as just 'simple'.

If there's any genre I'd put Slayers in, it'd be an adventure anime like Full Metal Alchemist. It's not the typical shonen or anything either. As with Zettai Shonen, it definitely feels like the good old girl-sentai of older times. Maybe like Alien Nine without the super-creepy puberty allusions.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 08:25   Link #71
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
You don't see Mojo Jojo with a crotch laser, and it's a blessing we don't.
Old 2008-04-11, 09:58   Link #72
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
They change Minamoto's first encounter with the children totally and it really makes me sad. The way the villain appears too is really different from the manga
They haven't showed Minamotos first encounter with the children yet in the manga -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 10:07   Link #73
Mef

Interesting,that the OP instantly reminded me of the PreCure singer Kanako Miyamoto and PreCure songs in general.
For comparison: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=iGIDs52jhDY

And I really like the ED, not because of the song but because Id really like to be in Minamotos situation.. it would be paradise
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 10:25   Link #74
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

Well, the connection with LS...? The Ojisan-behavior of an Aya Hirano-voiced character? That's as far as I can think of.

This narrative style of this series really remends me of Hayate no Gotoku (anime version). Not surprisingly they are directed by the same person.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 10:29   Link #75
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
After watching the first ep. I must say that I really disappointed with the anime version 'cause they change the good storyline of the manga (my country publish them and it already reach vol.9) which about
Spoiler for manga story:
into a what I called Children's super hero show (Defeat the bad guy, Defend the Justice) .

If you have watched enough Japanese animes, you will find the change of storyline a commonplace practice. After all, the anime director/screen writers do not want to just copy the original story ... they want some innovation.

This being said, I strongly feel that the scene you describe may still be put into this anime series somewhere in the future... Well, maybe not, after a whole season of wild deviation from the manga's storyline in Hayate no Gotoku... and yeah, these two series share the same director.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 11:04   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
The Ojisan-behavior of an Aya Hirano-voiced character? That's as far as I can think of.
To me that's just someone wanting to make a connection. It's not there at all.
Old 2008-04-11, 11:26   Link #77
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
And I really like the ED, not because of the song but because Id really like to be in Minamotos situation.. it would be paradise
a lolicon paradise, that is

seriously, after watching the first episodes(w/o reading this thread or its synopsis) i thought this had some similarities to powerpuff girls (demashita version or the CN one, it doesnt matter), just with more brattines and humorous antics.

im still deciding whether i should follow this one or not... i for one cant stand sentai shows and *gets clobbered by sentai fans*
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 23:29   Link #78
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
Interesting,that the OP instantly reminded me of the PreCure singer Kanako Miyamoto and PreCure songs in general.
For comparison: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=iGIDs52jhDY....
Except in this case, Hirano, Shiraishi, and Tomatsu are all in tune. The song and style are similar, though. Thanks for the link. I really think the singing of the OP here is excellent, for a seiyuu group. Whether one likes the song, however, is a matter of personal taste.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 06:28   Link #79
d-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
They haven't showed Minamotos first encounter with the children yet in the manga -_-
haha I found the raw and they have explained the story about their first meeting
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 06:45   Link #80
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Where did you find the raws?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babel, comedy, esper, loli, shounen