AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 6 13.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 11.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 18.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 13.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-12, 18:26   Link #161
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Actually, quite a number of people did complain and wondered about those happenings, even residents of his own country. But that's neither here nor there. I stand by my belief that the ends do not justify the means, while you advocate exactly the opposite - and this is a significant enough ideological difference, one that I think does not really justify this discussion going any further, mate. At least, I have no interest in continuing it like this.

So, let's see what episode 24 brings us. Oh, I cannot wait.

I've watched through the raw now. I assure you that you won't be disappointed. If you don't like the next episode, I have every right to call you a VC bigot.

Last edited by Runty; 2009-09-12 at 18:37.
Old 2009-09-12, 18:28   Link #162
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
His intentions was explained in episode 22. His intention was to save lives even at a cost of friendship (especially to Welkin), honor (lowering himself to have Cordelia take as hostage) and love (Alicia). And your last sentence is not correct. When it comes to the judgement the results very well come into play, especially in military.

In his case the judges have to keep in mind what would be if he had not taken the risk. If we follow the information network it was very clear that the Gallians were to loose because of the imbalance of power on the battlefield due to a valkyria on the imps side.
He had NOTHING to base these assumptions on. All that he had were fairytails and some odd alicia's behavior. Thats it. This is what it matters. He just got lucky that he guessed right, but for the fact he put a risk of his comrades life just based on assumptions is what makes him dangerous to people (not to mention he attacks the head of a country).

If a madman makes an invention hurray for him but the madman should still be held in a hospital since he is dangerous. There was no logical conclusion at all he guessed, got lucky, but thats it. His intentions were ones of a madman not the one's of a savior.
Old 2009-09-12, 18:30   Link #163
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I've watched through the raw now. I assure you that you won't be disappointed.
Yes indeed, episode 24 was really a pleasant surprise
Old 2009-09-12, 18:40   Link #164
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Well you can start with George Bush. He was such a guy when he declared war against terror and invaded Afghanistan. Nobody asked for the casualties because his intentions was to fight terrorism.

Anyway. I think pardoning Faldio by Cordelia is very well decided although very quick. Otherwise that fat pig of Damon would be the one. But on the other side I would doubt it as he sees only a militia in him.
I'd like to know how GWB and Afghanistan have anything to do with what we're talking about. Please enlighten us.
Old 2009-09-12, 19:03   Link #165
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'd like to know how GWB and Afghanistan have anything to do with what we're talking about. Please enlighten us.
read here:
Quote:
Still he explained why indirectly to Cordelia what his intentions was. And Cordelia saw itself how Alicia has awakened and later turned the tides of the battle (episode 21). Maybe this will sound harsh but it is not to deny that winners are writing history and as Faldio was correct at the end he got pardoned. Maybe it is unfair single towards persons but this is not what is asked at the end.
Old 2009-09-12, 19:12   Link #166
justinstrife

Quote:
read here:
That doesn't make any sense what GWB and Afghanistan have to do with our discussion.

Try again.
Old 2009-09-12, 19:29   Link #167
Father Hentai

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense what GWB and Afghanistan have to do with our discussion.

Try again.
Read again if you haven't got the clue.
Old 2009-09-12, 19:37   Link #168
kalbron

So you mean we should demonise Fabio and hate on him and ignore any of his achievements because he's Fabio?

Is that what you're getting at, because that's the only connection I'm getting from the comparison with GWB.
Old 2009-09-12, 19:41   Link #169
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
He had NOTHING to base these assumptions on. All that he had were fairytails and some odd alicia's behavior. Thats it. This is what it matters. He just got lucky that he guessed right, but for the fact he put a risk of his comrades life just based on assumptions is what makes him dangerous to people (not to mention he attacks the head of a country).
I would also say it was a fairy tale until the very moment when Selvaria has shown herself as a descendent of the valkyrians in barious desert for the first time. From this point on all what has been read - with some exceptions what is still to come up - their powers and abilities were written in these books.

As for Alicia. I repeat it again. He did this under wage of proportionality. If Faldios comrades from Squad 1 would not have been vaporized earlier the episodes he would not have taken this actions against but this is something what seems to be forgotten that until that moment the Gallian army was loosing again.

As you speak of risking comrades life based on assumptions. What would you do if you were in his situation? Run away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
So you mean we should demonise Fabio and hate on him and ignore any of his achievements because he's Fabio?

Is that what you're getting at, because that's the only connection I'm getting from the comparison with GWB.
This is what you are already doing. But I am not demonizing him. I am just trying to explain why he has been pardoned. And that was because of the results of his action.

edit:
somebody could wake up a mod to open a new thread for eps 24? :/ Seen it and I liked it although I was missing one part which is important from the game side
Old 2009-09-12, 19:48   Link #170
justinstrife

Quote:
Read again if you haven't got the clue.
I've read the damn thing 10x and it still doesn't make any logical sense. So why don't you break it down?

Really, is it so hard to spell it out?
Old 2009-09-12, 23:37   Link #171
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
I've read the damn thing 10x and it still doesn't make any logical sense. So why don't you break it down?
Read one more time!!!

just kidding!

Hmmm Ep 24 was ok. Maybe I am a VC bigot.
Old 2009-09-12, 23:53   Link #172
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Read one more time!!!

just kidding!

Hmmm Ep 24 was ok. Maybe I am a VC bigot.
I JUST got done installing Windows 7 RC again on my desktop so it'll be a little while before I'm up to speed with all the programs and websites. Wonder why we haven't gotten our Episode 24 thread?
Old 2009-09-13, 00:04   Link #173
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Try again.
What he means is that one has to sacrifice something for the greater good. For example, if Faldio didn't manage to shoot Alicia, the Gallian Army could've gotten its shit kicked by the Imperial Forces, especially Selvaria.

GWB wanted to fight off terrorism that spawned from Afghanistan. If GWB just stood there in his white house doing nothing about the Afghan terrorists, I assure you that things could have become much worse than what it currently is now.

Main Point: If a person sacrifices something for the greater good, it's probably better than sitting around doing nothing at all. Sure Faldio's state was less than stellar after he watched his comrades get massacred, but after he shot Alicia, Alicia went all "Valkyria", so I could probably understand his motives for doing so.
Old 2009-09-13, 00:24   Link #174
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
What he means is that one has to sacrifice something for the greater good. For example, if Faldio didn't manage to shoot Alicia, the Gallian Army could've gotten its shit kicked by the Imperial Forces, especially Selvaria.

GWB wanted to fight off terrorism that spawned from Afghanistan. If GWB just stood there in his white house doing nothing about the Afghan terrorists, I assure you that things could have become much worse than what it currently is now.

Main Point: If a person sacrifices something for the greater good, it's probably better than sitting around doing nothing at all. Sure Faldio's state was less than stellar after he watched his comrades get massacred, but after he shot Alicia, Alicia went all "Valkyria", so I could probably understand his motives for doing so.
Yes but Fabio shot a fellow soldier, friend, love interest. That is considerably different from what George Bush did. The two are not comparable at all. Perspective people. Sheesh.

Sending someone to war, is not the same as shooting them in the back in a crazed state of mind.

It's an insult to GWB, and the troops to even try and make a comparison of the two situations.
Old 2009-09-13, 00:43   Link #175
CheezeRaider

What did Fabio realy sacrifice?

It's Alicia who made the greatest sacrifice. I can see it now, half the Gallian army are shooting themselves or each other to see if they can pop out more valkyria. All because Fabio the buddy F***er got away with and and they may even make him a hero now.

I stand by when I say Fabio must be disciplined under the UCMJ. and I say this as a Combat vet who's been down the block and taken my share of death. or the implication within the military will be devastating. and I wont even start to talk about them...... I dont' think I wanna talk about this anymore.
Old 2009-09-13, 01:53   Link #176
kalbron

Quote:
This is what you are already doing. But I am not demonizing him. I am just trying to explain why he has been pardoned. And that was because of the results of his action.
Except that I'm judging Fabio on his actions alone. The consequences are largely irrelevant.

Besides which, if it's okay to shoot a comrade because they might be a Valkyria, then it'd be best to shoot every last soldier you have, as two Valkyria would be unbeatable yes?

And if you were refering to general Fabio hate, I mainly use him for a proxy for the writers. In the game I find him a great character. In the anime he's a symbol of everything wrong with it.
Old 2009-09-13, 03:45   Link #177
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezeRaider View Post
What did Fabio realy sacrifice?

It's Alicia who made the greatest sacrifice. I can see it now, half the Gallian army are shooting themselves or each other to see if they can pop out more valkyria. All because Fabio the buddy F***er got away with and and they may even make him a hero now.

I stand by when I say Fabio must be disciplined under the UCMJ. and I say this as a Combat vet who's been down the block and taken my share of death. or the implication within the military will be devastating. and I wont even start to talk about them...... I dont' think I wanna talk about this anymore.
Jesus Christ. Didn't you really see what he sacrificed? He is branded because he shot at an own soldiers even though he got pardoned at the end. He sacrificed his friendship to Welkin and his love to Alicia to proof his theory. He is very well aware of what he did is wrong but it was their only hope left to fight a valkyria.

And yes we can assume that he got disciplinary treatment, which would end up in jail and a promotion stop. But as his actions results have a higher value at the end he has been pardoned. What still may be at the end is the promotion stop. As I speak of that he is being pardoned. Don't you think that Alicia also gave her statement on that and what she may also have asked him to have been pardoned? She is the victim so she has also words to milder the courts judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
That is exactly the point. If you look back at Fouzen he has already shown that he risks a lot to reach a higher goal.
Old 2009-09-13, 04:11   Link #178
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
And if you were refering to general Fabio hate, I mainly use him for a proxy for the writers. In the game I find him a great character. In the anime he's a symbol of everything wrong with it.
Well.. that's basically quite true, although I'd say that's a general problem with how the main characters and Faldio (he's not a main character originally) were changed. In the same way the side characters got shafted.
The manga has some of the same blatant changes from the game as the anime, but shines thanks to the attention given to its characters.

The game was already full of anime clichés, but the anime removed any original material to add yet another heavy layer of overused and out of place clichés. The result is not a bad anime, but something way bellow expectations of old fans of the franchise.

That being said I'd like an episode 24 thread to come up now that I have some praises to give for once.
Old 2009-09-13, 04:14   Link #179
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
That being said I'd like an episode 24 thread to come up now that I have some praises to give for once.
I have seen the RAW and I was quite happy of what has been shown
Old 2009-09-13, 04:49   Link #180
Loke49

Sub sub sub sub =DDD
Closed Thread