AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2010-09-15, 07:23   Link #101
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, God... another game whose original voices I'll only get by buying the original japanese version (as the PSP media doesn't really allow multiple voice tracks, like with the second game). Kinda bummed that this is not going to come out on the PS3, myself.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:17   Link #102
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't know if many people here have played Valkyria Chronicles but the 3rd game just got announced today for the PSP and has art of the protagonist and the two heroines out. Main guy is voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi and one of two heroines is by Endou Aya. Looks like casting directors appreciate the chemistry between Alto and Sheryl Thankfully no Megumi in site
I have been checking that out lately, looks like the theme will be slightly darker than the first 2.

Apparently, the heroes belong to a squad that has no official name, so either its an elite crack squad or special ops. Though its nice to see Endou and Nakamura unite once again.

And boy.... they are bringing out the big-guns (literally).

- Tak (But why the PsP?)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 16:56   Link #103
minayuri

I was completely moved when I heard Mari Iijima sing, Ai Oboete Imasuka. Such a beautiful song done by a talented singer. I loved a lot of Minmay's songs, but Ai Oboete Imasuka is my number #1 favorite.

Shou Hayami's performance as Maximillian Jenius is also worth noting, he is quite a well known seiyuu, best known as Bleach's Aizen.

Macross Plus had a good line-up of seiyuu, Shou Hayami also did that series, plus Megumi Hayashibara(Lucy McMillan) and Unshou Ishizuka(Guld Goa Bowman), both known for Cowboy Bebop's Faye and Jet together. Sailor Venus' seiyuu, Rika Fukami was the angst-ridden Myung Fang Lone.

Macross 7 has Takehito Koyasu portraying one of Mylene's love interests, Gamlin Kizaki and Nobutoshi Canna(credited as Nobutoshi Hayashi) playing the hot-blooded pilot/singer, Nekki Basara. Both Takehito Koyasu and Nobutoshi Canna are excellent male seiyuu and are quite talented. Mylene's seiyuu is Tomo Sakurai, best known as Misao of Rurouni Kenshin.
minayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 17:12   Link #104
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minayuri View Post
Macross Plus had a good line-up of seiyuu, Shou Hayami also did that series, plus Megumi Hayashibara(Lucy McMillan)
And to this day I still feel sorry for Lucy...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 13:15   Link #105
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

So do I, mate. So do I...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 18:38   Link #106
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Perhaps because the profesional voice is clearer even in their non-work voice.
This is definitely true: even the Frontier novels bring it up twice, when Ozma and Sheryl each encounter Alto for the first time.

Quote:
Ahaha, I don't really like Yuukyan, honestly /;x;\ I guess I just don't really like a certain base in his voice, much like how I can't bring myself to fangirl Ono in some of his roles ;A; Or I'm just traumatic at hearing some of his Character CDs
heh...my Yuukyan obsession is largely because of his personality, though one little bit in episode 10 did have me going 'kyun' along with Endo Aya and Megumi-chan...orz.

I usually don't listen to seiyuu's singing, because they're usually not great - though I have an obsession with some of the Durarara!! cover songs...

Yuukyan crossdresser role...where!?! (pretty please? )

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 22:22   Link #107
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Thanks for moving the discussion Karice~ As expected, 3 AM is bad for your brain and laziness

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
heh...my Yuukyan obsession is largely because of his personality, though one little bit in episode 10 did have me going 'kyun' along with Endo Aya and Megumi-chan...orz.
Ohh, do elaborate about his personality, it might change my ambiguity about him a bit~ :3 Personality-wise, I really have to admit that it was Sugita's wackiness totally weird habits that attracts me in that department, though. The faces he make...

I would have to say that every time Alto goes tsun with real dere at the same time, I go 'kyun' This is the weirdness exclusiveness of being girls, fangirling of male tsunderes voice

Quote:
I usually don't listen to seiyuu's singing, because they're usually not great - though I have an obsession with some of the Durarara!! cover songs...
I agree, DRRR cover songs are so fun to listen to~ It's like the seiyuus are doing karaoke than singing a character CD, quite honestly

Some of seiyuus can sing though :3 I do admit that I usually prefer female seiyuu singing since they can at least properly polish the flaw of the piece with the instrumental arrangements. Though I have some favorites in the male too~ Long time favourite of Kishow, Mirikubou Showtarou and SuzuKen, and is still praying for TachiShin to get to sing more ;_;

... Yuukyan voice just strike me weird when singing imvho ;w;
Quote:
Yuukyan crossdresser role...where!?! (pretty please? )
Here~ He seriously didn't even disguise his male voice. It's seriously between hilarious or cute~ It's a bit of shame if you don't have a PSP. On the other hand, it has some drama CDs that display the hilarity of his role, and actually better in that department than the main game imo. And the drama CD has clearer voice for some funny reason

... In case you have a PSP though, I'll just rec you the fandiscs (esp. the SS one since that is where Yuukyan's character has his route) since the original game has horrid CGs and NO TEACHERS ROUTE BAWWW

Norio Wakamoto takes the cake with his combination of super HAMMING and gratituous English in a pack though. Must get to continue to play the fandiscs toh ho...

/plugging/

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 03:17   Link #108
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Ohh, do elaborate about his personality, it might change my ambiguity about him a bit~ :3 Personality-wise, I really have to admit that it was Sugita's wackiness totally weird habits that attracts me in that department, though. The faces he make...
...er...unless you like guys who can be rather rude and nonchalant, I dare say you won't like Yuukyan... The Frontier episode commentaries for 20 and 25 are probably the best example related to Macross (though what he said when Sheryl was in the dressing room in ep. 7 (~ 8:48) is a good example too:
Yuukyan: "And the exposure (露出) increases a little...")

And you're right on about his tsundere voice - he's the main reason I quite like Alto, even though Klan's still my favourite character...^^ (That said, I also like the deeper voices he used in Kimi ni Todoke and Durarara!! )

Quote:
It's like the seiyuus are doing karaoke than singing a character CD, quite honestly
They should do it more often! Waaaaaaaaaay better than some weird, strained character song! (Ranka and Sheryl and all in-universe singers exempted). The only Yuukyan song I've heard is the DRRR one - does he actually have one/two for Alto? - and I was kinda impressed that he sang it in-character!

Thanks for the link!
Argh! No PSP (and won't be getting one - no time!) But those clips were hilarious, so I will definitely check out the drama cd sometime o(^_^)o

=====
hehe...speaking of male seiyuu speaking like women, have you ever heard of Momo& Grapes Men's Only Series?

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-03-26, 03:52   Link #109
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
...er...unless you like guys who can be rather rude and nonchalant, I dare say you won't like Yuukyan... The Frontier episode commentaries for 20 and 25 are probably the best example related to Macross (though what he said when Sheryl was in the dressing room in ep. 7 (~ 8:48) is a good example too:
For normal girls, it might be a turn off.

... But for a Do-M girl like me, he sounds like a perfect snarky man that can make me laugh so hard. /me notes to listen to the commentaries one of these days... When my Harddisk finally has 30 GB free ;_; )

Quote:
And you're right on about his tsundere voice - he's the main reason I quite like Alto, even though Klan's still my favourite character...^^ (That said, I also like the deeper voices he used in Kimi ni Todoke and Durarara!! )
Yuukyan's deeper voice always make him sexier for some reason. It's that nonchalant vibe his deeper voice gives off that makes my brain goes numb even though I technically don't have preference for him @o@

And everyone like Klan, who doesn't~? <3
Quote:
They should do it more often! Waaaaaaaaaay better than some weird, strained character song! (Ranka and Sheryl and all in-universe singers exempted). The only Yuukyan song I've heard is the DRRR one - does he actually have one/two for Alto? - and I was kinda impressed that he sang it in-character!
He doesn't have one for Alto (I want him to sing an Enka actually--makes good sense with his Sakura-hime getup |D) I think :S He did have one in Shugo Chara, I think, whichever song I heard from him though scandalized my ears ;_; So weird orz. The DRRR!! one is well sung though like you said, he sang it with his Dotachin voice <3

And most Character songs composition is not great, actually. That's why pre-existing well composed songs usually can hit the spot, and the reason why we easily love the DRRR!! CD bonuses~ (That and they will know how to pitch it well *coughoff-keyKamiyacough*
Quote:
Thanks for the link!
Argh! No PSP (and won't be getting one - no time!) But those clips were hilarious, so I will definitely check out the drama cd sometime o(^_^)o
If you want some better news, the anime is in production actually ^_^/ (Complete with embrassing title. I mean... MAJI LOVE 1000%. Sugary Sparkle feels less girly than that tile ) Though A-1 is the studio animating it... And with TnC's failure, I just want to cry what fate might await the anime version ;_; (IIRC, the game really can work as an anime since it's 80% love comedy, 10 percent drama, 10% randomness. It seriously feel like novelization of a love hijinx, minus the horrid anime-style CGs with bland BG |D)

Yuukyan, how I love your crossdresser hyperness <3
Quote:
hehe...speaking of male seiyuu speaking like women, have you ever heard of Momo& Grapes Men's Only Series?
!!! I can't believe someone know about MomoGure's series~!!! XD XD XD

I have a feeling that I can go way too off-topic with this drama CD convo, so copy pasta to VM we go! <3

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2011-03-26 at 04:02. Reason: Added link
Old 2011-03-26, 04:35   Link #110
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
... But for a Do-M girl like me, he sounds like a perfect snarky man that can make me laugh so hard. /me notes to listen to the commentaries one of these days... When my Harddisk finally has 30 GB free ;_; )
hehe...if you have the frontier episodes already, I can provide you with the commentary files (though I've yet to replace the last four with .aac files orz...)

Quote:
And everyone like Klan, who doesn't~? <3
LOL - check out the fourth commentary for a nice confirmation of this ^^

Quote:
He doesn't have one for Alto (I want him to sing an Enka actually--makes good sense with his Sakura-hime getup |D)
Ah-hh...that's a pity. Enka would have been fun, especially since Alto makes that comment about Ozma in - episode 17 was it?

(though I'm quite happy with hearing OnoD's enka XD)

Quote:
If you want some better news, the anime is in production actually ^_^/ (Complete with embrassing title. I mean... MAJI LOVE 1000%. Sugary Sparkle feels less girly than that tile ) Though A-1 is the studio animating it... And with TnC's failure, I just want to cry what fate might await the anime version ;_; (IIRC, the game really can work as an anime since it's 80% love comedy, 10 percent drama, 10% randomness. It seriously feel like novelization of a love hijinx, minus the horrid anime-style CGs with bland BG |D)

Yuukyan, how I love your crossdresser hyperness <3
I'm sold! When's it due out! (eh...? Togainu no Chi was bad...?)

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-03-26, 08:53   Link #111
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
hehe...if you have the frontier episodes already, I can provide you with the commentary files (though I've yet to replace the last four with .aac files orz...)
Ahah, I only have the last 10 episodes (starting from 16) plus episode 5 and 6 since... Well, Sheryl fan loves Sheryl's development. Yes I'm shameless enough ;_;

But .acc files would be nice :3 Please do PM the DL (except the last four, I don't want to trouble you )~ <3

Quote:
Ah-hh...that's a pity. Enka would have been fun, especially since Alto makes that comment about Ozma in - episode 17 was it?

(though I'm quite happy with hearing OnoD's enka XD)
It fits his kabuki persona, so I was a bit when he (or anyone in the series except a little for Bobby and unexpectedly, our songstresses) doesn't have any charcter CD >.< But then again, Macross isn't exactly relying in their seiyuus for putting the merchandise--our moneys are gobbled up with the VF figurines or the Song CDs.

... Wait, I think I remember something from NyanDra Drama CD. I swear Alto sang some Minmay's song there, or was it Brera? D:

And here lies my fail!memories at work. Darn ;___;

Old 2011-03-26, 10:00   Link #112
wisteria233

Quote:
Ahah, I only have the last 10 episodes (starting from 16) plus episode 5 and 6 since... Well, Sheryl fan loves Sheryl's development. Yes I'm shameless enough ;_;

But .acc files would be nice :3 Please do PM the DL (except the last four, I don't want to trouble you )~ <3

It fits his kabuki persona, so I was a bit when he (or anyone in the series except a little for Bobby and unexpectedly, our songstresses) doesn't have any charcter CD >.< But then again, Macross isn't exactly relying in their seiyuus for putting the merchandise--our moneys are gobbled up with the VF figurines or the Song CDs.

... Wait, I think I remember something from NyanDra Drama CD. I swear Alto sang some Minmay's song there, or was it Brera? D:

It was both of them in a duet.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 10:13   Link #113
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
our moneys are gobbled up with the VF figurines or the Song CDs.
Or novels and guidebooks, as in my case... orz

Quote:

Now that you mention it...didn't Alto have a duet with Brera or something like that...?

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-03-26, 11:30   Link #114
wisteria233

^ Yes, they did

wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 13:49   Link #115
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

Quote:
That's why I like him. He makes me laugh when I listen to his commentaries~

It was his commentaries during Macross F that made me pick up his Starry*Sky work, also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
^ Yes, they did

I remember this! Fun times.

|facebook.twitter|
Ceci-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 19:01   Link #116
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
^ Yes, they did
orz...I really should have remembered that it existed *trauma*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceci-chan View Post
That's why I like him. He makes me laugh when I listen to his commentaries~
You should listen to him on radio shows then ^^

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-04-19, 09:47   Link #117
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Ooooohhh...Huwhat is this?
Old 2011-04-19, 10:35   Link #118
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Ooooohhh...Huwhat is this?
Opening day of the movie, they made a surprise visit to Sunshine Cinema in Ikebukuro, after the 1:30 showing of the movie. Tochiro from MW made it to that, but the rest of us went off and had Pizza, since we had just come from seeing them at Sunshine City (and we had just seen the movie at 8:30 AM...Tochiro ended up seeing the film THREE TIMES in that first day alone).
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 18:28   Link #119
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
Boy do I envy all of you in Tokyo...or even in Japan!

But Yot-chan, watch the video before you say that!

Spoiler for because...:

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-04-19, 19:20   Link #120
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
^
Boy do I envy all of you in Tokyo...or even in Japan!

But Yot-chan, watch the video before you say that!

Spoiler for because...:
Oops...I didn't watch the whole thing, I just saw "Ikebukuro Sunshine Cinema," and jumped to conclusions.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote