AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 21:51   Link #21
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Wonder if one has to put up a Facebook petition or something

Emailed both Key and KyoAni.

Last edited by bhl88; 2011-11-26 at 00:47.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 04:26   Link #22
Morisato

Repetitive? As in Endless Eight repetitive? Or Umineko repetitive? Some kind of time loop?
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 05:17   Link #23
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I would imagine either time loop (This is KEY we are talking about, and going back and doing stuff over again is sort of a normal theme, different girl's arcs and all that to get to the "true ending'?) or just the simple possibility that they do the same things each day or week because they are at school (test, baseball game, talk to roommates, go to class, take test, baseball game, etc...) with possibly the only thing changing is who else may be there, and that might not seem important until maybe later.

(I'n guessing wildly)
Old 2011-11-26, 08:42   Link #24
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Wasn't there already an anime which incorporated different routes by reseting between them? Think it was Hatsukoi...
Old 2011-11-26, 08:58   Link #25
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Wasn't there already an anime which incorporated different routes by reseting between them? Think it was Hatsukoi...
There's Yosuga no Sora too.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 09:38   Link #26
brocko

You could probably count Amagami and maybe Kimikiss into that category too right? (I've yet to watch both so someone please correct me if they can)

It's a viable option but I personally feel it might be a little too drastic of an option for either Key and/or KyoAni's liking though, otherwise they mine as well have incorporated it into Clannad already. Whilst you manage to cover all the different routes, they all end up feeling rather disjointed from one another unless there's an overarching umbrella that ties them all together in the end. Higurashi had this and that was why it managed to get away with it. Clannad had elements of this too and would've been imo a rather opportune moment for them to have experiemented with the idea, yet they still opted against it in the end for a naturally fluid narrative instead.

Also I've next to no knoweldge regardging Little Busters, but when they mentioned that it was rather repetitive I assumed it was more to do with it being rather mundane as opposed to supernatural time loops or anything of the sort.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 09:43   Link #27
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Well, Little Busters has the some kind of connecting element like Clannad, so that should proof no problem
Old 2011-11-26, 13:09   Link #28
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Wasn't there already an anime which incorporated different routes by reseting between them?
Without spoiling too much, the difference with Little Busters is that it's somewhat necessary to show the same scenes over and over again.
Spoiler:
In that regard, an uncreative adaptation would mean another experience along the lines of Endless Eight.

Most character arcs range from horrible to barely mediocre, IMO. While I understand that the true story (which hasn't been translated yet, so I haven't read it) changes things, the first season of the anime would hardly be worthy of A-calibre treatment. Fans who've read the visual novel will lap it up fine, but the new viewer might not.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 17:40   Link #29
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Without spoiling too much, the difference with Little Busters is that it's somewhat necessary to show the same scenes over and over again.
Spoiler:
Hmm... yeah. Hope there'll be no troll if they take up Endless Eight.

Wonder if I can show them the petition (though only 1 like for now)... then they'd probably go for it.
Old 2012-01-06, 20:50   Link #30
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I apologize for reviving an old post, but I would like to give my thoughts for posterity. Please bear in mind that I'm not a fan of anime, and the only series I've watched for the last eight years was Angel Beats! and only because it was something original that Jun Maeda had penned and I was curious to see what it was.

I've posted my thoughts over at the Rewrite section, but I believe I shall echo it here. The thing with animating Little Busters! is to know that basing on my impression of it as a Key game, too many parts of it are typical or shall we say generic eroge/galge fare. You have a school setting, a rapidly building up cast of girls with their own quirky personalities, and crazy hijinks to accompany. In addition, you have a main lead that echoes the weak, but determined main lead which one can see in most eroges, spineless even to some people. The comedy was classic Key fare, but it felt like I was reading any other work by other VN companies, way different in tone and atmosphere than Clannad or Air produced.

Now, I've no idea on what the Japanese might see as marketable for their audience in terms of anime, but animating all that seems to throw a different light on Little Busters!, making it seem quite atypical of past Key works for the most part. Without careful adaptation, before long the audience might grow stale without even seeing the last part of the game, which was the absolute best, and arguably redeeming, part of the story.

I've read the views on "repeating" the same things and I generally agree, unless there's a format to show how things change without boring people, then you would be boring people. For the gamers, that was their game, to "grind up" the main character by "repeating" (I'm being vague) scenes over again. Should the animator remove that, then you merely have a succession of arcs concerning the girls which then overall would have no meaning to the story's end. (In fact, having never watched the Clannad anime, I would think the same impression was made there...probably?)

A case could be made for introducing action scenes to the episodes, which perhaps the people over there might like, and there's certainly enough precedent coming from the game with the Battle System, but how long can that be sustained, I repeat, without casting light on the show as very atypical of Key?

The same cannot be said of Rewrite, Key's other latest game which many in the reviewers section of Key are clamoring for, but that's another subject altogether.

Thanks for reading.
Old 2012-01-07, 20:04   Link #31
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

also not on topic at all, but the next Key work that'll be animated will obviously be Planetarian...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:47   Link #32
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
also not on topic at all, but the next Key work that'll be animated will obviously be Planetarian...
Er, I hope that was sarcasm.

Don't get me wrong, I love Planetarian, but there's little to no chance it will get an anime...all focus is on Little Busters right now.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 01:05   Link #33
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Aw!! This sucks! I really want to see an animated version of Noumi! Totally fell in love-at-first-sight with her cute character design!

I do actually think it wise for Key to not hand the project to a different studio. KyoAni is good, you have to admit, even if they love to troll us. I still find the openings to Air and Angel Beats simply stunning.
Lol Angel Beats is PA Works.

Tags
clannad, interview, key, little busters, visual novel