AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-04-25, 18:38   Link #21
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Good job on that.

Still, I hope it doesn't turn out to be like...

THIS!

I Loled so hard.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 18:52   Link #22
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

Care to share how the process went? Like what's your background with her or are you freinds/close friends/acquaintences or what?

I'm sure the guys (i.e. me ) and girls would like to the story, since it can provide some insight or tips for us all
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 23:48   Link #23
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
Good job on that.

THIS!

I Loled so hard.
WHERE did you find that post!? I must know how people responded to that!
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 03:26   Link #24
Chichi

If she's anything like the girlfriends' I've had in the past you've got one hell of journey to go, but you sound a lot different to me. I'm rather shallow, I haven't even asked a girl out so I can only imagine how magical it must be when she accepts it. You also seem to like this girl a lot so that's good. Good luck.

Last edited by Chichi; 2006-04-26 at 03:37.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 08:15   Link #25
Vaines
Imagination's fool

Send a message via MSN to Vaines
Is she an anime fan?

I still need to find someone I might be interested in, where could I meet girls hmmm...
Vaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 08:32   Link #26
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaines
Is she an anime fan?

I still need to find someone I might be interested in, where could I meet girls hmmm...
Vaines, try the malls. Like stores like JC Penny and Macy. They receptionist at the fragrances and perfumes are always very pretty. And I always wonder why is that? Is that like the first step to selling expensive fragrances? Pretty girls?

Anime fan? My sisters are though. But my youngest sister is in love with Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed though ^_^. Hahaha

ps: On that link for Zero Shinohara, that was quite sick. And also this thread is getting ridiculous.

2nd PS: Chichi, that signature and avatar makes you seem so netural and plain. And the way you type your word choices sorta proves it a little. You remind me of myself ^_^, a bit back in the days.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 09:57   Link #27
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Quote:
Good job on that.

THIS!

I Loled so hard.
LOL this is funny, The guy is freaking crazy if his story is true. I want the link too!!
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 12:26   Link #28
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
ps: On that link for Zero Shinohara, that was quite sick. And also this thread is getting ridiculous.
Rofl.

I actually got that off /b/ in 4chan, and nobody has the actual link I guess. Still, I'd pretty much say it's fake... come on, a 22-year old who microwaves butter for 8 minutes and pours it on someone (no matter where) is just nonexistant to me.
Also, what I find most funny of all is: "I helped her with her english HW and she still got a D". He sounds pretty smart.

But it's still good laughs, right? And the reason I posted is because it has a bit to do with the topic itself =P Im just warning him to make some research if he hasn't watched much hentai lately!

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 04:08   Link #29
Vaines
Imagination's fool

Send a message via MSN to Vaines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
Vaines, try the malls. Like stores like JC Penny and Macy. They receptionist at the fragrances and perfumes are always very pretty. And I always wonder why is that? Is that like the first step to selling expensive fragrances? Pretty girls?

Anime fan? My sisters are though. But my youngest sister is in love with Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed though ^_^. Hahaha
I am not acquainted with the shops you mention, though it might be because I live in Belgium Hmmm, to go shopping...might be interesting, but I hate going out alone, so I suppose I'll have to bring a few friends with me to make it all a trip (lol I make it sound as an adventure, but I never go shopping, apart from food/anime/manga/computer hardware ).

Damn it!
Vaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 09:04   Link #30
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Hm. No posts from Fome for awhile. Now that he's found the girl of his dreams he has no time for us anymore.

Congrats, though! I'm sure she is very happy. You don't seem like the type of guy girls would easily turn down, though. Unlike the strange guys who randomly approach me with horrible pick up lines and then can't take a hint when I try to politely turn them down... Ah, the awkwardness.

Best of luck to you!
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 09:33   Link #31
Rurik
Golden

Well, that’s nice she said yes…Good luck, and never give up on your dreams!

In the other Hand the girl of my dream I asked her out once, she accepted, nice evening, but them she said those famous words “I only see you as a friend” go figure…She is now about to marry someone who just invited her to the Bahamas. Yep, My Histories always end up this good :P
Old 2006-04-27, 10:16   Link #32
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
Vaines, try the malls. They receptionist at the fragrances and perfumes are always very pretty. And I always wonder why is that? Is that like the first step to selling expensive fragrances? Pretty girls?
Actually pretty boys selling fragrances are more common around where I live. Not necessarily gay, but very metrosexual. If I want pretty girls I go to the BILLS PAYMENT counter.

And I don't bother to try pick up girls...trying too hard makes me look like a fool, and I am already an idiot as it is. Similar to j-men, I stay totally aloof and then savor the moments when guys say to me, 'Ya know, she (so-and-so) has been asking about you'.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 11:38   Link #33
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Nice one, Zero! I laughed ... a lot ...

Anyway, congrats to you, Fome.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 21:08   Link #34
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Good job on that.

THIS!

I Loled so hard.

No cooters for him anytime soon..haha that was funny...what a idiot :/
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 21:31   Link #35
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Quote:
Good job on that.

THIS!

I Loled so hard.

OMFG. THAT'S AWFUL! that's i'll only ever sleep with guys older than me, haha.
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 22:21   Link #36
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Good job on that.

THIS!

I Loled so hard.

Holy mutha F! what the ^&%$^$%^$#, that is the sickest, twisted crap I have heard in a while, after just reading on some triple slaying involving a 12 year old girl, and her boyfriend(23), both murdering the girls parents and little brother.

It's even funnier that that post was made by a senior member.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 22:28   Link #37
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba
that's i'll only ever sleep with guys older than me, haha.
Yay!
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 00:00   Link #38
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Rofl.

I actually got that off /b/ in 4chan, and nobody has the actual link I guess. Still, I'd pretty much say it's fake... come on, a 22-year old who microwaves butter for 8 minutes and pours it on someone (no matter where) is just nonexistant to me.
How about this guy?

And the update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba
OMFG. THAT'S AWFUL! that's i'll only ever sleep with guys older than me, haha.
That dude was older than the girls -- old enough to go to prison, anyway...
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 03:43   Link #39
Fome

Woah, thanks guys for all your support. I didn't think there would be so many posts.

Quote:
Hm. No posts from Fome for awhile. Now that he's found the girl of his dreams he has no time for us anymore.
Pretty much. Nah, you guys are great.

Quote:
Hey, you know i just said yes without any hesitation to the guy of my dreams, actually i've been waiting so long, i'm the happiest girl in the world right now!
The funniest thing is that he loves anime, and Kyo in KoF, plus he's the kind of guy who would write about it in a forum but...
Wait a sec...
Rodolfo, is that you?
Hmmm, well I do like Kyo, but unfortunately I'm not your man. I sure am happy for you though! I hope you guys have fun.

Quote:
Care to share how the process went? Like what's your background with her or are you freinds/close friends/acquaintences or what?

I'm sure the guys (i.e. me ) and girls would like to the story, since it can provide some insight or tips for us all
The thing is, we have no classes together. I only see her once in a while in Chinese club, which is why I felt like i was taking a risk by asking her out. I didn't even know her extremely well. I just knew she was quiet and demure, but still sweet when I talked to her.

Quote:
Any updates?
Yup. We went out for lunch on Wednesday, since we had no school. Potbelly, lol. Then we went to Coldstone for icecream, and we shared a medium vanilla with crunch bar pieces and oreos. I bought some Godiva (she looooves chocolate) and kinda relaxed at an outdoor mall. I kept thinking that I was being boring, but she kept reassuring me that she enjoys talking (is this a good thing?).

We were going to join up with some of my friends for bowling (she is on the bowling team! You could never tell from looking at her slender body...) but it was like 4:00 and bowling was at 7:00. So...we hung out at my house. Not much to do. We watched that new Jet Li movie, Fearless. Then we went to Portillos for dinner and bowled with seven other friends. Man I sucked, she mopped the floor with me.

Omg, she told her mom she'd be home at 9:00, and it was like 11:30. Apparently, her mom had been calling her and she didn't pick up for some reason. My parents end up calling me, and my mom starts saying that her mom is pissed. I totally freak out, but maintain my composure. We finish our last game, and everyone goes home. I was stupid...i should have dropped her off last. Then I could have gotten a kiss or hug or something.

So thats what happened. Tomorrow I'm going to rent a tux. She's gonna wear a navy blue dress, so I'm thinking of going with a black jacket and pants, with a black dress shirt underneath, blue vest and bow tie.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 14:30   Link #40
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome
So thats what happened. Tomorrow I'm going to rent a tux. She's gonna wear a navy blue dress, so I'm thinking of going with a black jacket and pants, with a black dress shirt underneath, blue vest and bow tie.
Few key points:

1: Ensure she's not allergic to wool. A lot of the black tuxes, suits, etc are a wool blend, and I'd hate for her to end up like I did after prom: in the ER due to a severe wool allergy LOL Also you might consider matching your shirt to her dress, for an added splash of color (instead of just the vest). I guess wearing a white shirt is oldfashioned huh? Haven't been to the formal dance thing for a loooooooong time LOL
2: Depending on how formal an event this is (so sue me, I didn't go through ALL the posts lol), you may want to invest in a corsage; they go on the wrist, they're flowers, and it's a nice touch. Depending on how old-fashioned she is, she may think it's goofy or she may think it's incredibly sweet. The men's version is a boutonniere (which just pins to your lapel). Regardless, you may want to get her flowers of some sort anyway. It's corny, but seems to work with a lot of women (dead plants, whoda thunk).
3: For your safety, talk to her parents, make sure cell phones are charged (and answered!!) and clear the curfew time. If there's an after-dance party, guesstimate when it'll be over, clear that, etc, procure tickets if necessary ahead of time.
4: Make sure the car is clean, and whatnot, as her parents may poke their heads out and it makes a good impression, as opposed to you being pimped up and your car looking like a dump lol. Also, you don't want her dress to get dirty or anything.
5: Always be polite to her folks, I hope her dad's not the type to interrogate you but if he is, well, answer honestly, he'll probably know if you're lying to impress him Be a gentleman and they might overlook being 10 minutes late Heck, bring her home a little early and it makes an even better impression.

Uhm, jeez, my oldest would've been starting the dance/dating thing this year, so I THINK I covered everything I'd've gone over w/ her LOL. Be glad your date's dad isn't like my hubby. Who has sworn he will, when our surviving daughter is old enough to date, do the interrogation whilst sharpening a sword.

Also, should they ever invite you over for dinner, find out what her mom's fave flowers are and bring a small pot of them or whatever. Works wonders: even if the father doesn't like you, ofttimes if the mom adores you (and who wouldn't after flowers!!), you're still safe from harm

OH!! Most importantly: HAVE FUN!! And we want PICTURES!!!

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom