AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-13, 23:09   Link #7241
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Spoiler for Fate's fear:

and BTW.......

Spoiler for Satashi is scared of bunnies:
Eww! The roaches!!! That's my worst fear. In fact this same situation happened to me a couple days ago except worse! The roach...could FLY!! So then I screamed for my sister to kill it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
Spoiler for Chrono's Fear:
OMG! Lol, at the rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Spoiler for Yuuno's Fear:

Yuuno's fear: Fangirls
Lol, now all Hayate needs to do it catch him and make him try on different costumes.

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 23:19   Link #7242
Kaix
[. . .]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
No no RH

Chrono's Fear: Amy

Spoiler for Yuuno's Fear:

Yuuno's fear: Fangirls
Yuuno as a bishie???? Nice job Hayate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
This is something I made just now and to my defense I will say that I was very bored.
It's a trailer or preview of FotR, with only text and music. No effects outside fading. The point is to bring forward some kind of feeling with the text. I don't know if I succeeded or not, that's up to you to decide. Don't take it too serious

Spoiler for Video:
The music was well placed and the text timing was appropriate with it, but it gets boring after about the first minute. Boring is not exactly the best word though, slowly loosing interest I think would be a better way to put it. Also, the feelings displayed felt deep in an apocalyptic/mass destruction way, but for me, there were a few parts where the way the text sounded, sort of distracted from that feeling. It wasn't sounding/looking right.

I would edit the text a little, rephrasing some stuff. My suggestion:

Spoiler for How I see it:

If you're to add images and stuff between them, I think you need to overlay some fast paced music fragments when the images show. I'm seeing something like a Mass Effect vision, but less gross.

My two cents.

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 01:05   Link #7243
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 76

Final Chapter

Spoiler for Choise:

Spoiler for Words from the author:

Spoiler for A present for the fans of Vatican Knights ^.^:

With no more to say...

Thankyou all!!!

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2008-11-10 at 12:58. Reason: Grammar correction >.<
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 01:29   Link #7244
Kaix
[. . .]

Marathoning anime is unhealthy.

Spoiler for Rozen Breaker:

Now, before I get shot...
*hides in the depths of Dark Space*

----------------

@Evil Rick: <- That's all I can say for now! Nice logo!
I'm all smiles from that ending, it was awesome. I'll put out a decent comment (probably a longer one than usual ) after I eat breakfast.

Vivio with a green and red eye? I think I know now where that came from.

Congratulations!

Old 2008-07-14, 01:34   Link #7245
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Chapter 76

Final Chapter
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's over!! I'm so sad...but so happy. I thought it was a cool twist making the one eye green and one red. That was a nice touch. Though I have a question, Why were some of the words completely capitalized? Was there a point to that? I love the drawing! Though Jasper looks all alone...but Alphonse and Helga are so cute. I like how its by the Gargoyle where they all hang out. So now Vivio and Karil are free to live their life. That was nice of Raphael, I don't hate him anymore.

Congrats EvilRick, the journey was long (76 chapters!! Wow!) but awesome! Looking forward to Vita Shadows of the Past.

@KaitheReaper
: Yuuno is really going through a lot of trouble lately. Lol, love it.

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 02:12   Link #7246
Kaix
[. . .]

Quote:
Chapter 76

Final Chapter

Spoiler for Choise:

With no more to say...

Thankyou all!!!
After rereading the ending and skimming through the other chapters again, I can confidently say I loved every second of Vatican Knights! I'm sad to see it end, but the ending left me all smiling (I'm still smiling from it!) I had really gotten used to it, waking up in the morning and finding a new chapter to read... it was really something to look forward to.

I think the greatest part was probably the characters. It was easy to get attached to them or hate them. Vivio was really awesome because she felt like a continuously growing character. Ending up putting a gun to her head just so that she wouldn't hurt Karil really showed how much she had grown during the whole story. It was impressive.

The second greatest part was probably the suspense and surprise. Not only did the chapters provide quite a great amount of suspense, which lots of situations where the characters escaped by pure luck, but the surprises were epic. Characters dieing, truths being revealed, nothing was missing.

Third, but not last, the drawings! The drawings were one of the most helpful things from the whole story! Besides the cinematic descriptions, the drawings were the main factor that helped visualise the scenes and 'see' the monsters and everything. Not to mention there were a LOT of monsters.

One (actually the only) problem was the occasional grammar mistakes and typos, along with misspellings that made the story occasionally hard to read because it was hard to understand, but it's just a minor detail, compared to the epic scale of the whole thing.

The most I liked the ending. Truthfully, I wasn't expecting it to end in a happy way, but it was a pleasant surprise. That drawing with all the characters is awesome. Helga and Alphonse look so cute together, the same as with Vivio and Karil. I think Jasper sitting alone like that sort of catches his character.

Congratulations Evil Rick for making such an awesome story! And thank you for making such an awesome story and giving such a good reading experience.

Old 2008-07-14, 02:39   Link #7247
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesellus View Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's over!! I'm so sad...but so happy. I thought it was a cool twist making the one eye green and one red. That was a nice touch. Though I have a question, Why were some of the words completely capitalized? Was there a point to that? I love the drawing! Though Jasper looks all alone...but Alphonse and Helga are so cute. I like how its by the Gargoyle where they all hang out. So now Vivio and Karil are free to live their life. That was nice of Raphael, I don't hate him anymore.

Congrats EvilRick, the journey was long (76 chapters!! Wow!) but awesome! Looking forward to Vita Shadows of the Past.

@KaitheReaper
: Yuuno is really going through a lot of trouble lately. Lol, love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post
After rereading the ending and skimming through the other chapters again, I can confidently say I loved every second of Vatican Knights! I'm sad to see it end, but the ending left me all smiling (I'm still smiling from it!) I had really gotten used to it, waking up in the morning and finding a new chapter to read... it was really something to look forward to.

I think the greatest part was probably the characters. It was easy to get attached to them or hate them. Vivio was really awesome because she felt like a continuously growing character. Ending up putting a gun to her head just so that she wouldn't hurt Karil really showed how much she had grown during the whole story. It was impressive.

The second greatest part was probably the suspense and surprise. Not only did the chapters provide quite a great amount of suspense, which lots of situations where the characters escaped by pure luck, but the surprises were epic. Characters dieing, truths being revealed, nothing was missing.

Third, but not last, the drawings! The drawings were one of the most helpful things from the whole story! Besides the cinematic descriptions, the drawings were the main factor that helped visualise the scenes and 'see' the monsters and everything. Not to mention there were a LOT of monsters.

One (actually the only) problem was the occasional grammar mistakes and typos, along with misspellings that made the story occasionally hard to read because it was hard to understand, but it's just a minor detail, compared to the epic scale of the whole thing.

The most I liked the ending. Truthfully, I wasn't expecting it to end in a happy way, but it was a pleasant surprise. That drawing with all the characters is awesome. Helga and Alphonse look so cute together, the same as with Vivio and Karil. I think Jasper sitting alone like that sort of catches his character.

Congratulations Evil Rick for making such an awesome story! And thank you for making such an awesome story and giving such a good reading experience.

T3T

Beautifull words, thanks again guys,you 2 were always backuping me with this fic
Thanks again for to all the thread for allowing me post my stories here

And special thanks to Satashi for linking the chapters XD

Vita Shadows of the past will arrive soon

PD: marksellus, that capitalyzed words were a little mistake that I alredy fixed

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2008-07-14 at 02:52.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 04:24   Link #7248
Advent000
Inactive Member

Quote:
Chapter 76

Final Chapter

Spoiler for Choise:

With no more to say...

Thankyou all!!!
Really enjoyed this, kinda sad that its over, but it was a great ending.
Advent000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 05:08   Link #7249
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
The music was well placed and the text timing was appropriate with it, but it gets boring after about the first minute. Boring is not exactly the best word though, slowly loosing interest I think would be a better way to put it. Also, the feelings displayed felt deep in an apocalyptic/mass destruction way, but for me, there were a few parts where the way the text sounded, sort of distracted from that feeling. It wasn't sounding/looking right.

I would edit the text a little, rephrasing some stuff. My suggestion:

Spoiler for How I see it:

If you're to add images and stuff between them, I think you need to overlay some fast paced music fragments when the images show. I'm seeing something like a Mass Effect vision, but less gross.

My two cents.
I agree with everything you said, now when you point it out. It's too long and the text feels...strange in a few places. I'll d o better next time...if there is a next time

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 07:13   Link #7250
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Just finished Vegas Stakes Chapter Two. Was away for the weekend so had to leave it two thirds read on Friday. Liked it a lot, looking forward to continuation. I'm certainly interested in where things are heading.

And clowns have quite the capability to be scary; I can certainly sympathise with Nanoha. Anyone read/seen Stephen King's IT? Ah, that gave me an idea for a random amusing short. Fate reads 'IT' to Nanoha (or watches it with her). Maybe when Halloween comes around.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 08:39   Link #7251
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Send a message via AIM to Allquall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
And clowns have quite the capability to be scary; I can certainly sympathise with Nanoha. Anyone read/seen Stephen King's IT? Ah, that gave me an idea for a random amusing short. Fate reads 'IT' to Nanoha (or watches it with her). Maybe when Halloween comes around.
What can I do to entice you to write this before Halloween? I love this idea! Do it!

Nanoha would never enter a shower again! "Raising Heart! Monitor the drain!"
Allquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 08:52   Link #7252
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
What can I do to entice you to write this before Halloween? I love this idea! Do it!

Nanoha would never enter a shower again! "Raising Heart! Monitor the drain!"
Eh heh... okay. I think I'll have them watch rather than read it as that only requires I check the film again and not the entire book. And it would also mean Nanoha's attention would be on the TV and not Fate...

EDIT: Well, my memory of the film is somewhat flimsy, but I just set about acquiring it once again. Regardless, here's the introduction (I was bored ):

Spoiler for Nanoha + Fate + Stephen King's 'It' = ?.1:

Last edited by Preston; 2008-07-14 at 10:08.
Old 2008-07-14, 11:19   Link #7253
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Marathoning anime is unhealthy.

Spoiler for Rozen Breaker:

Now, before I get shot...
*hides in the depths of Dark Space*
XD XD XD I like that it was either yes or okay XD.
You missed a couple though XD

Spoiler for missed it:

@ Evil_Rick CONGRATULATIONS!
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 13:53   Link #7254
Saharet
Teh lovable geek

Quote:
Eh heh... okay. I think I'll have them watch rather than read it as that only requires I check the film again and not the entire book. And it would also mean Nanoha's attention would be on the TV and not Fate...

EDIT: Well, my memory of the film is somewhat flimsy, but I just set about acquiring it once again. Regardless, here's the introduction (I was bored ):

Spoiler for Nanoha + Fate + Stephen King's 'It' = ?.1:
I wanna see what happens! :3 (lol at the yuri movies )

Siggy from AX~
Saharet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 14:08   Link #7255
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
New story~

Emerald Eyes!
Spoiler for NSFW text:

Here is Syn's profile ( Made by Keroko). It has pictures of her too :P

Enjoy ^_^

you can leave your reviews or comments here if you want ^^
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 14:43   Link #7256
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

@Satashi: Well, as I said in FFC I think it was pretty good, but I mentioned that the ending was..empty. I think I know why I said that.
Since you haven't written this as you normally do I didn't switch over. I guess I'm used to your writing style that you normally use.

Good thing I cleared that up, I usually don't know how to explain myself in similar situations *facedesk*

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 15:08   Link #7257
Black_Wolf
Warrior and Fluffy Pillow

Syn Vivio

Quote:
New story~

Emerald Eyes!
Spoiler for NSFW text:

Enjoy ^_^

I don't know what it is with the Vivio/Syn pairing craze lately, but it really seems to work for some reason. Syn and Vivio seem to be a really good match. I don't know if its simply because there is such a large scope to be able to change Vivio's character to be what authors want as there is no "Canon" personality. Syn is also a very good OC, i love the drawings in the profile.

Anyway about the story itself. I definitely like the whole teenage playfulness thing going on. You wrote it well in that there was confidence in each of the characters and they were comfortable in the situation, to a reasonable extent, but thats simply regurgitating what you wanted it to be anyway.

I agree with AX to some extent on the ending, but then again you mention its part of a larger fic? and its meant to be taken as a a slightly larger snapshot if anything.

After re-reading it, i really can't find anything to criticize! without taking it out of context of what it is, a short playful snippet. Just simply that its nicely done and that I:

Spoiler for .:
Black_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 15:58   Link #7258
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

All questions concerning the fiction will be answered eventually as the story progresses. At least, I hope they will. Here is part two. I will say, however, that they (and I refer to existing MGLN characters) all know each other in some capacity.

SWAT!Fate

Spoiler for Part II:
Old 2008-07-14, 16:11   Link #7259
wanwan1203
Troublemaker

Quote:
New story~

Emerald Eyes!
Spoiler for NSFW text:

Enjoy ^_^

................o///////////////////////////////////////////o
omg... >////////////////<
@.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@
@.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@

i....i...i-....i--... o/////o

th-that was umm most certainly...umm very interesting... indeed.. yeah... yeah that.. @_@

Spoiler for there are no forward slashes in this one:

edit (off-topic):
*just found out that one of her favorite on-going stories in ff.net was deleted by the author (non-MGLN)*
and just like that my mood changed.. sigh... i understand that author-san's "heart wasn't in it anymore" and that it's his/her choice if she wants to do that but sigh... what a loss... one of the better written fics gone just like that.. must be tough being an author.. *huggles the authors in the thread*

Last edited by wanwan1203; 2008-07-14 at 16:38.
wanwan1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 16:31   Link #7260
Raging Heart
Lightning Devil

Send a message via MSN to Raging Heart
Quote:
All questions concerning the fiction will be answered eventually as the story progresses. At least, I hope they will. Here is part two. I will say, however, that they (and I refer to existing MGLN characters) all know each other in some capacity.

SWAT!Fate

Spoiler for Part II:
nicely done, Fate in action, my dream come true, lolz.
anyway you done it well.

@Satashi: i have to say this, you suprised me.

@Black_wolf: i agree with, indeed Syn is good OC, all thanks to Keroko who brought for us Syn. ^_^
Raging Heart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha