AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-30, 19:41   Link #1541
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 48
It's been a conscious localization, Cal's language is extremely raw and rude. The number of "kuso" (shit) in her speech is impressive.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 20:21   Link #1542
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 26
yeah the subs (i think) are doing what they "sorta" did with the "chink" phrase one episode back. It makes sense though.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 20:30   Link #1543
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Tell me about it. I paused the video to bang my head against the wall. The idiot actually said it. And even when he "sorta" realized something was wrong, he wasn't quick enough to expalin, instead, he just said "cal i was..."

*sigh* Reiji can be such a noooooob
That's because Reiji is thinking in the present. The past is not given that much weight. He doesn't think like a "normal" person. Drei gives slightly more weight to the past which isn't normal either. Liz is similar to Reiji. She's just sad not angry.

Come on, does Drei really have to have things spelled out for her? It doesn't change the outcome any. It's in the past.

Say he does tell her, "I thought you were dead. I saw that skirt disintegrate in my hands."

Drei responds: "Did you even remember what I was wearing that day? (It was a pair of shorts and a coat IIRC.) Did you bother to check at the shop that I went to? Did you call the shop? No, you panicked afterwards and gave up living when the road got a little hard. You wanted to escape again like the coward you are. So you went to the warehouse hoping that Elen would kill you because you didn't have the guts to do it yourself."

"You used me to fill that hole in your heart when you thought you killed Elen and discarded me without much effort. You used Elen again to make yourself feel better and to escape. Now you're out with a third girl, using her as a bodyshield while professing your desire to die for Elen. You disgust me!"

Bang!
__________________

Last edited by orion; 2009-08-30 at 20:50.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 20:47   Link #1544
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It's been a conscious localization, Cal's language is extremely raw and rude. The number of "kuso" (shit) in her speech is impressive.
How is the censorship in Japan in regards to language anyway? (Off topic I know, but just curious, it'll be my last question)
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 21:24   Link #1545
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That's because Reiji is thinking in the present. The past is not given that much weight. He doesn't think like a "normal" person. Drei gives slightly more weight to the past which isn't normal either. Liz is similar to Reiji. She's just sad not angry.

Come on, does Drei really have to have things spelled out for her? It doesn't change the outcome any. It's in the past.

Say he does tell her, "I thought you were dead. I saw that skirt disintegrate in my hands."

Drei responds: "Did you even remember what I was wearing that day? (It was a pair of shorts and a coat IIRC.) Did you bother to check at the shop that I went to? Did you call the shop? No, you panicked afterwards and gave up living when the road got a little hard. You wanted to escape again like the coward you are. So you went to the warehouse hoping that Elen would kill you because you didn't have the guts to do it yourself."

"You used me to fill that hole in your heart when you thought you killed Elen and discarded me without much effort. You used Elen again to make yourself feel better and to escape. Now you're out with a third girl, using her as a bodyshield while professing your desire to die for Elen. You disgust me!"

Bang!
LoL i don't understand why you guys keep bringing up this "shop" thing. How the hell is Reiji supposed to know she was going to go to the shop? It was probably pretty late, and one would assume that a girl her age would be in bed sleeping, not fixing a VCR and going off to buy a movie to see if it works. Plus he just fired a few bullets and took out some baddies, not a smart move to just stick around. Really though, anyone would've assumed she was dead...I mean unless she was 20 years old, goes out to bars late at night etc. You know?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 21:25   Link #1546
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
LoL i don't understand why you guys keep bringing up this "shop" thing. How the hell is Reiji supposed to know she was going to go to the shop? It was probably pretty late, and one would assume that a girl her age would be in bed sleeping, not fixing a VCR and going off to buy a movie to see if it works. Plus he just fired a few bullets and took out some baddies, not a smart move to just stick around. Really though, anyone would've assumed she was dead...I mean unless she was 20 years old, goes out to bars late at night etc. You know?
He also told Cal to stay in the apartment too.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 21:51   Link #1547
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
LoL i don't understand why you guys keep bringing up this "shop" thing. How the hell is Reiji supposed to know she was going to go to the shop? It was probably pretty late, and one would assume that a girl her age would be in bed sleeping, not fixing a VCR and going off to buy a movie to see if it works. Plus he just fired a few bullets and took out some baddies, not a smart move to just stick around. Really though, anyone would've assumed she was dead...I mean unless she was 20 years old, goes out to bars late at night etc. You know?
I'll bite. She said in ep. 19 that she was going to stay up and wait for him. She also said that she was going to fix the VCR. Next step is to rent a video to test it out. Now you can say in his defense that at least one light was on in the middle room area but no movement was seen. Not even a TV set flicker.

And she was wearing shorts, tshirt and a coat not the skirt set.

And...why didn't he buy her a cellphone? That would have solved all problems. Cheapskate.

*now remember this is just an arguement if I was Drei*

-----

He wasn't looking too good in ep. 17 before he left either imo. Elen definitely "cured" him imo.
__________________

Last edited by orion; 2009-08-30 at 22:11.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 21:55   Link #1548
Manic
real men love pink
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Say he does tell her, "I thought you were dead. I saw that skirt disintegrate in my hands."

Drei responds: "Did you even remember what I was wearing that day? (It was a pair of shorts and a coat IIRC.) Did you bother to check at the shop that I went to? Did you call the shop? No, you panicked afterwards and gave up living when the road got a little hard. You wanted to escape again like the coward you are. So you went to the warehouse hoping that Elen would kill you because you didn't have the guts to do it yourself."

"You used me to fill that hole in your heart when you thought you killed Elen and discarded me without much effort. You used Elen again to make yourself feel better and to escape. Now you're out with a third girl, using her as a bodyshield while professing your desire to die for Elen. You disgust me!"

Bang!
lol its so funny how ppl have a completely different spin on things than what other ppl do.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic91584_3.gif
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 22:13   Link #1549
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
lol its so funny how ppl have a completely different spin on things than what other ppl do.
Well I also did a penis joke in the Kanon thread regarding Yuuichi fanservice and Makoto

Anything's possible...
__________________

Last edited by orion; 2009-08-30 at 22:23.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 01:33   Link #1550
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'll bite. She said in ep. 19 that she was going to stay up and wait for him. She also said that she was going to fix the VCR. Next step is to rent a video to test it out. Now you can say in his defense that at least one light was on in the middle room area but no movement was seen. Not even a TV set flicker.

And she was wearing shorts, tshirt and a coat not the skirt set.

And...why didn't he buy her a cellphone? That would have solved all problems. Cheapskate.

*now remember this is just an arguement if I was Drei*

-----

He wasn't looking too good in ep. 17 before he left either imo. Elen definitely "cured" him imo.
Just because the skirt "piece" was flying in the air, it doesn't mean she was wearing it -_-...it was obviously in the drawer, i don't think the skirt piece was meant to lead you to think that Reiji forgot she was wearing a tshirt...No, i'm pretty sure the skirt was just to show that so much got blown apart.

Why would he need a cell phone for her anyway? She usually doesn't leave without his permission. Second, whenever he leaves, he cant pick up the phone.

It just wouldn't make sense. No matter what you say to defend your "side", well there really is nothing you can say to defend it. Sure she said she was going to stay up to fix it, but does that imply she's going to go buy a tape? No. Most kids would just fix it and sleep, or maybe she was still up fixing it. How the hell is Reiji supposed to know? The fact that the apartment got blown to smitherines, and there were pieces of clothing flying around, that just simply means she's probably dead.

Clearly the bomb was meant for him, so what's not to say that they'll still be after him? The dumb thing to do would be to walk around HOPING for a LIVE cal.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 03:28   Link #1551
evil-samurai
......
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 31
I think Reiji's actions were understandable at the time, The explostion was massive, he thought cal was inside and Inferno men were there! So its not hard to see why reiji made the actions he made. Straight after we saw how depressed he was in the street and he even went off to die. There was no point in checking in his mind, if cal was already was dead.

But! also you can fault his actions or lack of actions, Yes Rejij should of checked the apartment to see if Cal was really dead, and I think he does realize that now that he could! of done more, from all the guilt he is showing. Reiji at the time didn't think it through His emotions just took over him, the thought of lossing Cal was too much for him to handle it seems.
-----------------------
EDIT: Thoughts on episode 22.

Great episode, though there were a few things that bugged me. I loved the showdown at the start, I heard some complaints but the conversation between Ellen and Cal was beyond awesome and the music just as good. It was the highlight of the episode that and also the ending scene with the pocket watch. Though the moaning music is a little strange they did a good job of mixing the tracks together to show off what Cal mind was like at the moment, a big mess.

Its heartbreaking to watch Cal this episode. While on the surface she says she wants reiji dead, you can tell so easily that she just wants to be with reiji again, for him to protect her! and care for her, and love her, like she thought he did. The final shot the close-up of cal eyes.. nearly brought a tear to my eyes, it was just like the end of episode 19 where Cal was in the apartment ,all alone with a sad look on her face and the pocket-watch music going

Dispite some irritating behaviour by Reiji, It was nice hear that he is glad Cal is alive and questions ellen whether she would of shot cal as if he would be again't it. Plus the flashback was a nice touch.

One thing I found strange (apart from the Cal-Mio scene ) was the photo that Mio was looking at had Reiji in the background like he wasn't meant to be there... You'd think Mio would have a better photo then that with Reiji in it. Mabye it hints at something about reiji. Probably not, but still I found it strange.
Quote:
Tell me about it. I paused the video to bang my head against the wall. The idiot actually said it. And even when he "sorta" realized something was wrong, he wasn't quick enough to expalin, instead, he just said "cal i was..."

*sigh* Reiji can be such a noooooob
Reiji really wasn't acting all that smart this episode >.>.. a little painfull to watch, Good thing Cal Punched him..

Reiji has been a great character so I'll cut him some slack. As long as I see him be a little bit more pro-active and explain the truth to cal about what happened, and show her that he does love her! And that the promise they made did mean something to him. Then I'd let it slide.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2009-08-31 at 08:21.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 09:23   Link #1552
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai View Post

Reiji has been a great character so I'll cut him some slack. As long as I see him be a little bit more pro-active and explain the truth to cal about what happened, and show her that he does love her! And that the promise they made did mean something to him. Then I'd let it slide.

It'll probably be better as it nears the "true end". Hopefully they don't dumb down Reiji for the sake of drama any further. (just like how in harems the guys are always oblivious f*cks)
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 15:03   Link #1553
Soraya21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
About Reiji, this is the same guy that passes Elen off as dead despite having caught a glance at her in the elevator and piecing together her involvement back in the counter-snipe operation. Dude needed to stand directly in front of her before he believed her to be alive. It's practically the same thing with Cal: dead until proven alive (guy's a real pessimistic, aka an idiot, that way). You can talk about the logic on what Reiji needed to do in that situation, but in the end he just wasn't thinking with his head, which is also why he has so much regret because, as evil-samurai just said, he could have done things differently.

A bit late, but discussing the latest episode, I always thought that Ein and Drei's discussion on Zwei was rather funny since neither one of their opinion accurately describes his character. For him to shoot without hesitation and to go on surviving no matter how precious the sacrifice (Elen), a despicable character that steps over and shamelessly uses anyone for his own gains (Cal): those definitely fit the Reiji from Claudia's route more than anything else.

First conspiracy theories with Reiji, then the good old prep talk with Cal; must be some sort of tradition for Lizzie to take underage Phantoms to a bar when they hit 16 or something. Either that or she engages in her best dialogue while slightly intoxicated.

And finally, my only real issue with this episode is the scene where Mio suddenly leaves after Cal shows up, it felt really disconnected and made little sense.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 15:26   Link #1554
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
And finally, my only real issue with this episode is the scene where Mio suddenly leaves after Cal shows up, it felt really disconnected and made little sense.
I noticed that too. Its like they lost a few story board images. One scene she is next to him, the next Cal is in front of him, and the next Mio is on the other side of the playground.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 15:56   Link #1555
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 26
Soraya...if you shoot a girl in the frigging heart at point blank range, you'd think they'd be dead. He had to prove to himself that he didn't really kill Elen, but he really thought he did, and felt absolutely guilty about it and that's why he gave in and became "phantom" wholeheartedly...or rather without a heart i should say.

You can't judge him like this, the only reason WE feel it's easy to know elen is alive is because 1) we know it's an anime, 2) We get to see her while he doesn't.

You can't base what you see as the "viewer" to judge a character's actions and thoughts because you see the whole world from a different perspective. Put's the character at an unfair advantage...really though, anyone would've thought elen would've been dead. Of course he would think it was someone else. He thought he saw elen, but wasnt sure as it was just a glance. He could've been "hallucinating" for all he knows since he feels so guilty about her death and his broken "promise".
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 22:09   Link #1556
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post

Why would he need a cell phone for her anyway? She usually doesn't leave without his permission. Second, whenever he leaves, he cant pick up the phone.

It just wouldn't make sense. No matter what you say to defend your "side", well there really is nothing you can say to defend it. Sure she said she was going to stay up to fix it, but does that imply she's going to go buy a tape? No. Most kids would just fix it and sleep, or maybe she was still up fixing it. How the hell is Reiji supposed to know? The fact that the apartment got blown to smitherines, and there were pieces of clothing flying around, that just simply means she's probably dead.

Clearly the bomb was meant for him, so what's not to say that they'll still be after him? The dumb thing to do would be to walk around HOPING for a LIVE cal.
She's a teenager (14 yo) not matter how immature she was acting. Given his occupation, it's prob necessary for those quick getaways.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 03:08   Link #1557
Belum_nabum
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Question Just figured out the moan music of Cal

Could it be that the musci represent Cal's inner thoughts of having sex with Reiji and that she wanted him to be her first one?

I have been thinking that because such did not happen her hatred and killings are frightening!
Belum_nabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 06:58   Link #1558
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
Could it be that the musci represent Cal's inner thoughts of having sex with Reiji and that she wanted him to be her first one?

I have been thinking that because such did not happen her hatred and killings are frightening!
Well the game would disagree with your assessment.

Besides, you really think that girls in the US think that way?
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 07:49   Link #1559
Belum_nabum
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well the game would disagree with your assessment.

Besides, you really think that girls in the US think that way?
Disregarding the game and taking into account what happened in the anime is where my assessment comes of course with certain supposition such as the person who took Cal was already a prostitute herself.
Belum_nabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 07:58   Link #1560
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
Disregarding the game and taking into account what happened in the anime is where my assessment comes of course with certain supposition such as the person who took Cal was already a prostitute herself.
So you think when a 14 yo girl is in bed with a 16 yo guy nothing happens?

That scene was prob as far as Bee Train could go and get it licensed abroad without problems. The game players know what comes next. FUNi and Bee Train can say "It's left up to the viewer to decide so don't come after us."
__________________

Last edited by orion; 2009-09-01 at 08:15.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.