AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-02, 21:03   Link #2561
The1
Relentless sinner
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In between demanted fantasies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Well from what I've heard they pretty much say it's up to us to decde if they survived or not. Though I think it wouldn make sense for them to survive under those circumstances and with the whole tone the anime set as I explained erlier. But that's just my view...there are a lot of ideas out there... just pick one you think is most plausible.
Or we could discuss the ending from top to bottom again
...There will always be ideas and opinions but if we had facts we wouldn't be entering this loop.
The1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 12:28   Link #2562
Frog80
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
...There will always be ideas and opinions but if we had facts we wouldn't be entering this loop.
Well said!
Frog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 12:56   Link #2563
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
...There will always be ideas and opinions but if we had facts we wouldn't be entering this loop.
Well we have the basic facts it's just how we interpret them. It's rare to see an anime with a completely closed off ending where there's nothing for the viewer to interpret on his own.
In regards to this I think this ending was good. I would have loved it if it had a happy end and at that one that included Cal as well but the whole story pointed in the opposite direction.
Though your point is still valid.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 04:58   Link #2564
evil-samurai
......
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 31
Well Interesting enough just after the anime ended. A xbox 360 port of Phantom: Phantom of Inferno was announced with the character designs of the anime! Release date is said to be summer 2010. You cant help but wonder if it affected some of the decisions in the last couple of episodes.


[Bigger version]

Only got so much with google translation, so it would be nice if anyone is able to add more detail about it.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 07:44   Link #2565
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai View Post
Well Interesting enough just after the anime ended. A xbox 360 port of Phantom: Phantom of Inferno was announced with the character designs of the anime! Release date is said to be summer 2010. You cant help but wonder if it affected some of the decisions in the last couple of episodes.
Yeah, I also heard and couldn't believe it at first.

I doubt it would be anything like the VN though, I think it's going to be an action-adventure/third-person shooter video game.
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 08:22   Link #2566
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
2 Cal in the pic...

and to those who dislike the anime ending, good news
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 09:24   Link #2567
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Now all I need is an Xbox
If it's indeed a VN I want a happy end with both Elen and Cal ^^
Or at least with Cal where her life doesn't get so messed up in the end. I hate it when because of a really simple to avoid thing a character's life goes wrong.
Hope the game also gets distributed outside Japan though isnce some VN stay exclusive for the region.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 11:02   Link #2568
The1
Relentless sinner
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In between demanted fantasies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Well we have the basic facts it's just how we interpret them. It's rare to see an anime with a completely closed off ending where there's nothing for the viewer to interpret on his own.
That is the reason why Death Note will be my No.1 for now... I just don't like the shadow of doubt this ending threw upon the series. It's almost like BeeTrain tells me(us) :

"I(we) shall leave a tiny bit of 'magic' in the end. It would be boring for the truth to be known wouldn't it?"-At least this is the way i feel.

On this i will use a quote from Dr. Greg House; "If the magic's gone when the truth is known, there wasn't any magic..."
The1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 11:41   Link #2569
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
That is the reason why Death Note will be my No.1 for now... I just don't like the shadow of doubt this ending threw upon the series. It's almost like BeeTrain tells me(us) :

"I(we) shall leave a tiny bit of 'magic' in the end. It would be boring for the truth to be known wouldn't it?"-At least this is the way i feel.

On this i will use a quote from Dr. Greg House; "If the magic's gone when the truth is known, there wasn't any magic..."
Well yes but that's just it. From what I saw I felt like they all died. For me it wasn't open at all. I wanted them to be alive but from my point of view all the "facts" suggested that they died. My point -I wanted them to live but I believe they're dead (strange right )
Another thing I dind't mention earlier was that even if they seemed like they have superpowers at some point that wasn't true. They were just normal people which have been really well trained and have extremely good reflexes, steady hand and eyesight that makes them really well suited to be assassins. So it's natural that if someone is trying to kill them the moment they let their guard down thy're as good as dead. And that's exactly what happened.

Yes if they did say if they were 100% dead it would have made all these discussions pointless in the first place. I believe the reason why they didn't do it was -first because they hoped viewrs will like it since the ones that want to believe thy're alive get their end and the ones that think they're dead get theirs as well. The second thing is that in the game it ends right before this last scene so in there they're alive. Thus if they kill them with and the show it clearly the game fans will not be happy to see it.
And the reason they wanted to kill them? It was to close the whole story which had the same theme (which is stated right before the second ED by Elen) - "we are ghost that can't exist anywhere". This was shown many times in the series so it was natural to end with the same thing. They showed us that everything they try is pointless and at the moment they think they've found even a small light in their lives it all goes to hell.
But as I said there would have been many people who wouldn't like that (them dying for sure I mean)
Then again it seems it had the opposite effect.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 11:50   Link #2570
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: As far away from reality as possible
Age: 35
For me it's not a matter of whether they are 100% dead or not, but a execution matter. That is, for me, they're as dead as they can possibly be (Reiji getting shot and falling down, blank stare Elen, both seem pretty dead in my mind), but the director chose to not make their deaths vulgar and profound but more like in tune with the whole "Phantoms are ghosts, Phantoms are no longer Phantoms fade away (instead of having their innards splashed all over the place and dying in agonizing screams)" idea.
__________________
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 18:48   Link #2571
Kakkou
Tch.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Reiji is 99.9999999999% dead imo. Elen's status can either be associated with lazy animators not showing signs of breathing or even blinking due to BeeTrain and their usual long pans while music plays or she just, died. She's alive in my eyes though. I bet this ending will also be in the xbox 360 port .
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 19:32   Link #2572
woodearth
Ramen Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Still trying to figure why this is in the Licensed section. Sort of heard its been licensed by Funimation but do not see evidence of it on their site. Was a release date announced for Region 1 DVDs?
__________________
MyAnimeList
ラーメンは文化!
woodearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 12:50   Link #2573
Manic
real men love pink
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio
it was licensed by funi, they subbed the show while it aired. As for a dub release it likely wont be out until next year.

Cant believe ppl are still talking in this topic haha. End sucked tho AOE are normally not very good anyway. Basically if ya dont like the end just stop at the ep where he heads to the chapel and pick the ending from the VN you liked and imagine thats how it ends up. I was a cal fan so i like to think they hooked up and heading to mexico on their next bounty haha
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic91584_3.gif
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 19:55   Link #2574
evil-samurai
......
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I doubt it would be anything like the VN though, I think it's going to be an action-adventure/third-person shooter video game.
Just to make sure, It is a 360 Port of the VN, and not some other type of game.

Nitro+ have already just released Steins;Gate, straight to the Xbox360, (love to play it!) and a port of Chaos;head this year. So its a system they have no problem with releasing there work on. My guess though after it comes out on the Xbox360 sometime after it will be released on the PC, there would be no reason for them not to. This year it was Nitro+ 10th anniversary and they released a few thing for it, but next year is Phantom's 10th anniversary (as mentioned below) and this serves as their big project.

Well I asked someone to give and confirm some detail of it. Thanks to relentlessflame for this
Quote:
according to the original interview this is indeed a port of the game that uses the PC version as the base, but they're incorporating elements from the DVD-PG and PS2 versions of the game, along with the voices and some episodes that came from the anime. In terms of the graphics, they do imply that they're going to be renewed to be more consistent with the designs from the anime (which probably means that they're going to use the illustrations that were the base for what ended up being animated, not that they're actually going to use scenes from the anime or anything).

So anyway, bottom line, this is a port of the PC version that is sort of designed as an "Ultimate Edition" of the game and which incorporates stuff from all the other ports and adaptations that have come before. They're pitching this as their 10th anniversary project, so they seem to be putting a bunch of effort into it.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 03:12   Link #2575
The1
Relentless sinner
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In between demanted fantasies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Well yes but that's just it. From what I saw I felt like they all died. For me it wasn't open at all. I wanted them to be alive but from my point of view all the "facts" suggested that they died. My point -I wanted them to live but I believe they're dead (strange right )
Another thing I dind't mention earlier was that even if they seemed like they have superpowers at some point that wasn't true. They were just normal people which have been really well trained and have extremely good reflexes, steady hand and eyesight that makes them really well suited to be assassins. So it's natural that if someone is trying to kill them the moment they let their guard down thy're as good as dead. And that's exactly what happened.

They NEVER had anything above natural powers... But their awareness was on max level... Reiji let his guard down around Mio once and he was a sitting duck for Cal. So it's a bit hard to swallow that Reiji who had that determination to live + this experience with Cal would ever let his guard down again. Yea he is human but they made him psychologically ultra stable...
The1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 05:48   Link #2576
Haak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 27
^ Like Jason Bourne.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 11:25   Link #2577
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
They NEVER had anything above natural powers... But their awareness was on max level... Reiji let his guard down around Mio once and he was a sitting duck for Cal. So it's a bit hard to swallow that Reiji who had that determination to live + this experience with Cal would ever let his guard down again. Yea he is human but they made him psychologically ultra stable...
Yep they never had any. That's why I found it strange that some people were saying why didn't he use his poweres in that situation.
Their awareness was indeed on a completely different level but then again people tend to drop their guard when they're happy. There's no way you can be always aware of everything around you unless you're in a kill or be killed situation every day - like they were in the beginning. All it takes to die is a single second. Sicnce he is human and in that moment he was really happy to see Elen happy it felt more real for him to let his guard down and he got shot. I think that a person never realizes he has dropped his guard until something happens and in most cases by then it's too late.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 15:14   Link #2578
The1
Relentless sinner
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In between demanted fantasies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
There's no way you can be always aware of everything around you unless you're in a kill or be killed situation every day - like they were in the beginning. All it takes to die is a single second. Sicnce he is human and in that moment he was really happy to see Elen happy it felt more real for him to let his guard down and he got shot. I think that a person never realizes he has dropped his guard until something happens and in most cases by then it's too late.
Yea if we are talking for any normal human being like me and you. That is why i said psychologically ultra stable... So after killing at least 10 people his reasoning isn't tainted in the least. if u kill a person as a normal human it will bug you A LOT and you will even stop functioning normally. And once already he was an easy prey. So if he has that determination to live on and survival instincts as it was said trough all the series he couldn't possibly be a sitting duck once again ....
The1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 17:41   Link #2579
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai View Post
Well Interesting enough just after the anime ended. A xbox 360 port of Phantom: Phantom of Inferno was announced with the character designs of the anime! Release date is said to be summer 2010. You cant help but wonder if it affected some of the decisions in the last couple of episodes.


[Bigger version]

Only got so much with google translation, so it would be nice if anyone is able to add more detail about it.
Ikkle Cal is sweating Moe in that pic...so cute.

Quote:
Yea if we are talking for any normal human being like me and you. That is why i said psychologically ultra stable... So after killing at least 10 people his reasoning isn't tainted in the least. if u kill a person as a normal human it will bug you A LOT and you will even stop functioning normally. And once already he was an easy prey. So if he has that determination to live on and survival instincts as it was said trough all the series he couldn't possibly be a sitting duck once again ....
Maybe seeing Elen find what was left of her home was the only thing that could've distracted Reiji enough. To make her smile, he would need to leave his past behind himself, which would inevitable reduce his combat senses. An assassin striking just at that moment is more like Nemesis than anything very realistic.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 19:16   Link #2580
molitar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Whole ending sucked so bad.. I hated this anime. Dead or Alive? Most likely dead. What was the reason for killing them when all they wanted to do is to live a normal life out of everyones eyes. It wasn't until Sythe Master came back that they were even hunted again. Another anime to be deleted off my HDD because it had a sucky ending.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.