AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-25, 07:08   Link #21
ser4

I am Really tempted to start reading this cuz i love TJSS's novels but....dd 1 and dd 2 havent been translated yet :'( ..... and i know there is almost no connection between the 3 but that almost keeps me from reading
ser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 10:00   Link #22
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Dude, for Tang San's story there are always connections. Douluo Dalu 1 and 2 are so strongly connected I'm pretty sure people roll their eyes at the first hundred chapters.
Old 2016-01-25, 10:36   Link #23
ser4

well i read somewhere that u can read them individually without a problem
ser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 16:49   Link #24
SamVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser4 View Post
well i read somewhere that u can read them individually without a problem
That is true, but some references will confuse you if you don't have knowledge of prior stories.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 10:52   Link #25
LevelSeven

^maybe she will become the enemy later and therefore they got separted so early? at least it is a idea i find interesting

@Muryai

but thousands of years is not enough, as far as i know such gigantic changes need millions of years :/
still, you are right, ENDLESS POSSIBILITYS XD
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 12:03   Link #26
elroid

In DD2, theres nth much to miss aside from Tang San's existence. Aside from that, most of the other references are more like easter eggs than needed references. Even with all the Tang Sect theme and issues they keep mentioning, there isnt as much focus on the sect's skills and tools... the difference between reading DD1 or not reading it before DD2 would probably only cause the reader's impression to think Tang San is a badass godfather or douchebag father in law

But in DD3, somehow there seems to be many things that was reset again. Particularly the spirit soul system seems to be very different from the one set by DD2 mc. Back then it requires mutual consent of both beast and master in order to form the pact. Now it seems like one sidedly done and the masters could even pick any beasts as they like, there's even things like spirit soul gacha and artificial spirit soul... Perhaps it might be due to the extinction problem of the beasts and now they are more like slaves so they dont really have any right to choose their partners nowadays
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xianxia