AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 16:26   Link #1041
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I have a question for all those who have read the latest novels. Does it ever mention what happened to the Königstiger's crew?
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 02:17   Link #1042
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And again you are discussing the plot of volume 4. and as I said the plot was ok, the problem was how it was written. The sentences felt sometimes too choppy and short or sometimes too long, sometimes the meaning was very hard to trace and some dialogues (like Montmorency's) felt too forced, not really blending with a real character.

As for the plot and scenes - they were pretty nice, but the way it was written it was really one of the worst volumes in ZnT novels...
Ahh so you are talking about sentence structures and stuff that is only seen through the eyes of those translating it lol I'm sure those who read the translations don't have as much insight into poorly written japanese sentences as would those translating them.

Also so you are the only person right now translating it lol? I know Serenade is taking a break but wow very low on translators!
Old 2008-06-26, 03:20   Link #1043
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well sometimes it is felt on the translations too. Some sentences look rather odd...And Montmorency's dialogues have barely any feeling of her character but more like it is Author talking not bothering to color the info with a characters personality.

As for translators...

Well serenade is taking a break and it was no secret that lately the translations were depending on him and me as Momogan dropped translating (was too annoyed by people whining about skipping novels to volume 8).

Archmage is another translator (the one who has his translations stalled at volume 7 and volume 8) but as you see he said that he maybe will find time again soon and will be translating again. But as for now, he hasn't found time for quite some period.

Vertiful said that he maybe will start working on his volume 5, chapter 2 again this summer. But as for now - no news from him.

And though Matt said he found two new translators there were no other news about them for some time either...

So yes, the way it is, I am the only active translator at this moment... And thats why it looks like the translations stopped going to random volumes... As I am the only one who is translating at this moment and I was always against random jumps in novel translation...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 08:02   Link #1044
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

Wow u have a lot of pressure on you ..........it sucks cuz i know people want to help but they simple cant read it.....
well some dude posted this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJbnDvRCf5M) and if i remember you guys said saito lost his powers correct?This all happened in 8th volume or is it 9? if i recall i think i heard in this thread after they kiss he gets his powers back?
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 09:11   Link #1045
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
Wow u have a lot of pressure on you ..........it sucks cuz i know people want to help but they simple cant read it.....
well some dude posted this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJbnDvRCf5M) and if i remember you guys said saito lost his powers correct?This all happened in 8th volume or is it 9? if i recall i think i heard in this thread after they kiss he gets his powers back?
Yep, but judging from the preview the anime will be pretty inaccurate
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 09:17   Link #1046
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Yep, but judging from the preview the anime will be pretty inaccurate
That's to be expected though

here's the third Seasons Opening Song, it has some lineart for Season 3 in the pictures in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eUmG...eature=related

One question to the Novel readers in the Above video who are the the people in the last two linearts of the video.(they're in the shots from 1:16 to the end of the video)
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 10:31   Link #1047
crimmy88

Ah...that sucks Darknemo2000 >_< I wasnt aware you were the only guy left translating the novel o_o;;;; Hopefully with the release of the 3rd season, more people would be encouraged to help with the novel.

As far as the 3rd season goes, I just hope that they dont repeat what they did in the 2nd season with the whole cramming part.
Spoiler for End of Season 2:
Heres to hoping!
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 12:12   Link #1048
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

^^^that might not be a good idea...lol it might be nice since we know more about the show but for the people who watch as fans will be disappointed....I personally would have been furious if he died and had to wait an another year to find out anything...especially if i didnt read the novels...maybe he dies and then showing him recovering from the elf and then ending with a "im going back to louise" would have done the trick...people whould have been happy cuz he isnt dead and then because people would be left with a "he loves louise feeling" then start season 3 with him returning...But it didnt happen so enough with my If, ands, buts...
Old 2008-06-26, 15:21   Link #1049
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
^^^that might not be a good idea...lol it might be nice since we know more about the show but for the people who watch as fans will be disappointed....I personally would have been furious if he died and had to wait an another year to find out anything...especially if i didnt read the novels...maybe he dies and then showing him recovering from the elf and then ending with a "im going back to louise" would have done the trick...people whould have been happy cuz he isnt dead and then because people would be left with a "he loves louise feeling" then start season 3 with him returning...But it didnt happen so enough with my If, ands, buts...
It would have been great! to put some suspense between seasons and not leave that ridiculous "happy ending"(don't misunderstand, happy endings, for me, don't have to be that happy ), which makes it look like everything's too easy.

Spoiler for novels:
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 15:41   Link #1050
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
That's to be expected though

here's the third Seasons Opening Song, it has some lineart for Season 3 in the pictures in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eUmG...eature=related

One question to the Novel readers in the Above video who are the the people in the last two linearts of the video.(they're in the shots from 1:16 to the end of the video)
-Beatrice, a character from vol.12. You can probably tell, but she's an annoying spoiled brat. She deserved to be punished, but tch, Tiffania's too kind, tch.
-Gallia King Joseph, now 50% less intimidating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
Spoiler for novels:
He never dies. His heart stops for one moment, which doesn't exactly mark him dead.
Louise (and Siesta) goes to him, who was staying at Tiffania's place after losing his rune (which disappeared when it thought he died when his heart stopped for a moment, what a cowardly rune).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I have a question for all those who have read the latest novels. Does it ever mention what happened to the Königstiger's crew?
Who was that again?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 15:56   Link #1051
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
He never dies. His heart stops for one moment, which doesn't exactly mark him dead.
Louise (and Siesta) goes to him, who was staying at Tiffania's place after losing his rune (which disappeared when it thought he died when his heart stopped for a moment, what a cowardly rune).
So he didn't die...? I guess I shouldn't have jumped to volume 7
Old 2008-06-26, 16:32   Link #1052
TigerII
Pilot in Training

The Königstiger is the tank Saito had. More commonly known as the King Tiger(Although this is incorrect and was never called this by the Werhmacht and the Schutzstaffel).
Old 2008-06-26, 16:56   Link #1053
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
The Königstiger is the tank Saito had. More commonly known as the King Tiger(Although this is incorrect and was never called this by the Werhmacht and the Schutzstaffel).
Ah, I see.

No, nothing was told on what happened to the tank.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-06-26, 19:28   Link #1054
TigerII
Pilot in Training

No, I mean the original German crew. Did it ever mention them? Like the A6M's pilot was Siesta's grandfather, etc. That tank had a crew of five. That means somewhere five Germans lived in Louise's world.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:34   Link #1055
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
No, I mean the original German crew. Did it ever mention them? Like the A6M's pilot was Siesta's grandfather, etc. That tank had a crew of five. That means somewhere five Germans lived in Louise's world.
Oh, I see. I had a feeling that was what you meant though (possibility anyways).

Nope, nothing was mentioned about the original crew of the tank. It was just found in the Holy Land.
Though Julio had mentioned before that Romaria has met people from his (Saito's) world in the past...

Old 2008-06-26, 21:37   Link #1056
Meliny141

I just have a question about the ZNT novels that are coming out in English. I really want to read the znt novels but i can't becuz i can't read japaneese, so i've been wondering when the english znt novels come out will they be exactly like the original version or do you they'll edit parts out becuz my friend is always saying how the u.s always takes out curses and stuff they think is unsuitable. Anyways i was just wondering if that's true cuz if it is that really sucks! I hope they don't edit stuff they should just keep it same as the japaneese version.
Meliny141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 21:59   Link #1057
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

ohh let me answer lol... umm the novel is suppose to be released in December...but i went to the site and saw its TBA again but u can check it out here....http://gomanga.com/manga/zerosfamiliar.php
as for the edit in terms of cussing im not sure but if u wanna read them translated you can go here to read them(http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...81.84.E9.AD.94)
....man i remember when i asked that same question...it was like a month ago lol....
they are translated up to volume 5....
and always thank the nice translators lol...
Later
Old 2008-06-26, 23:51   Link #1058
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
ohh let me answer lol... umm the novel is suppose to be released in December...but i went to the site and saw its TBA again but u can check it out here....http://gomanga.com/manga/zerosfamiliar.php
Ahaha, hahahaha!! In the end, Seven Seas is Seven Seas! Can't go on without their brilliant little delays!
Hagh... Now the game is to see just how long they plan to delay it. A year like Shinigami no Ballad? More like Gun Princess?

Old 2008-06-27, 02:30   Link #1059
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I have a question for the gentle baka-tsuki translator staff... It may be a little out of place but since i'm quite new around i'll ask.
Now that Seven Seas is translating (i guess) the novels, will baka-tsuki stop? Or maybe I should have said once they start releasing the novels...
Old 2008-06-27, 02:37   Link #1060
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
No, we will continue, just when they will release a volume we will remove that volume from wiki. So lets say when they will finally translate volume 01 (if ever) we will remove volume 01 from our list but will keep on other volumes and so on.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen