AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 40.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-02, 15:08   Link #541
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Not really. He's enjoying the fact that his masterpiece is about to be finished.
Maybe he doesn't care about the fear/pain he inflicts, but that doesn't mean he *enjoys* it. It's very different.
She's screaming, she's terrified, if he didn't enjoy inflicting teror, he would have put her to sleep, dampened her concious, hell, showed her an illusion. Instead, he's leaving her fully awake to see what he is about to do.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:09   Link #542
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Oh dear... did I stir the hive again?

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-02, 15:09   Link #543
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
She's screaming, she's terrified, if he didn't enjoy inflicting teror, he would have put her to sleep, dampened her concious, hell, showed her an illusion. Instead, he's leaving her fully awake to see what he is about to do.
Still it doesn't necessarily mean that he enjoys it, just that he doesn't care about her condition. Or maybe it's necessary to perform whatever he's going to do like this.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:12   Link #544
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Still it doesn't necessarily mean that he enjoys it, just that he doesn't care about her condition.
And that's less evil... how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Or maybe it's necessary to perform whatever he's going to do like this.
You don't honestly believe that, do you?
Old 2007-08-02, 15:13   Link #545
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Not really. He's enjoying the fact that his masterpiece is about to be finished.
Maybe he doesn't care about the fear/pain he inflicts, but that doesn't mean he *enjoys* it. It's very different.
if he didnt enjoy it then why was he going: "MUHAHAHAHAHA!!" (you know he was laughing on the inside )

now i only think why he didnt knock out vivio with some drugs before inserting the relic...he must like the sound of her ear splitting scream ~

jail: "ahhh...music to my ears..."

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-02, 15:14   Link #546
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
And that's less evil... how?
Being sadistic certainly counts worse than being indifferent in my books
Old 2007-08-02, 15:16   Link #547
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Being sadistic certainly counts worse than being indifferent in my books
"I don't care that I am torturing an inocent little child for my own ambitions and enjoy that through this little girls agony my work is complete."

Sounds pretty sadistic to me.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:18   Link #548
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Exactly - he does not care, which is not the same as enjoying it. He is enjoying his work about to be completed, which doesn't mean he actually enjoys Vivio's screaming. (This doesn't mean he is "good" in any way, just that there is no proof of him enjoying Vivio's terror).
Old 2007-08-02, 15:19   Link #549
Fabien

Quote:
Nope, that may mean he just doesn't care.

In fact, Jail and Uno didn't seem to notice Vivio's screams. OTOH, Quattro did enjoy the situation. Man, she's creepy.
The only one who seem to care a little bit is X.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:23   Link #550
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Exactly - he does not care, which is not the same as enjoying it. He is enjoying his work about to be completed, which doesn't mean he actually enjoys Vivio's screaming. (This doesn't mean he is "good" in any way, just that there is no proof of him enjoying Vivio's terror).
Quote:
Nope, that may mean he just doesn't care.

In fact, Jail and Uno didn't seem to notice Vivio's screams. OTOH, Quattro did enjoy the situation. Man, she's creepy.
The only one who seem to care a little bit is X.
Mkay, but the fact that he doesn't care about her does show that he's pretty sadistic.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:27   Link #551
Fabien

Quote:
"I don't care that I am torturing an inocent little child
What "torturing"? He hasn't done anything yet!

Besides, "to torture" means a will of inflicting pain. We don't know whether what he'll do to Vivio will be painful, but his purpose certainly isn't to inflict pain.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:31   Link #552
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
What "torturing"? He hasn't done anything yet!

Besides, "to torture" means a will of inflicting pain. We don't know whether what he'll do to Vivio will be painful, but his purpose certainly isn't to inflict pain.
Mental torture is also torture, Fabien. And tying a little girl up, not even giving her the respite of unconsiousness/illusions/etc. while terifying her with whatever he's going to do classifies as mental torture.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:33   Link #553
Fabien

Quote:
Mkay, but the fact that he doesn't care about her does show that he's pretty sadistic.
Once again, being sadistic and not having empathy are two completely different things.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:36   Link #554
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Mental torture is also torture, Fabien. And tying a little girl up, not even giving her the respite of unconsiousness/illusions/etc. while terifying her with whatever he's going to do classifies as mental torture.
just what i was about to say...yep he enjoyed giving out mental torture ~ isnt that bad enough? physical pain would just be a plus for the sadist freak

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-02, 15:43   Link #555
Fabien

Quote:
As a kid, I was very afraid of doctors. (Well, I still am, but I've gotten better at hiding it ). I don't remember well, but before a shot, I may have been crying as much as Vivio at the same age.

And the bind is definitely the less painful way to make sure she'll stay still.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:47   Link #556
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yep he enjoyed giving out mental torture
Nope. He just didn't care. I don't think he even noticed; he was just thinking about the completion of his masterpiece.

OK, he lacks empathy. You'll find scientists like that in a parmaceutical lab. That doesn't make them evil -- in fact, they sometimes end up saving lives.
Old 2007-08-02, 16:36   Link #557
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh good to know that I can miss a few hours and we're right back to this again

He could not care and just be excited about completing his creepy plan. Or he could be reveling in that combined with screaming children. The man kidnaps kids causes widespread destruction and laughs like a nutcase over reliecs. Wouldn't put it past him that he gets some kicks from inflicting terror upon kids as well.

But I'm sure he's just a good guy that's being portrayed poorly . Seriously I'd like to see him do something over the top like stab some guy and watch the defenses for that action start coming up.

At least there is the relief of knowing he's going to be paying for all of this before the series is up.
Old 2007-08-02, 16:56   Link #558
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But I'm sure he's just a good guy that's being portrayed poorly . Seriously I'd like to see him do something over the top like stab some guy and watch the defenses for that action start coming up.
I'm sure if he stabs someone that'd be for a reason.

Anyway there was a couple of great fics involving Jail stabbing people in OC thread (also posted in fanfic thread I believe) - it only made him look better
Old 2007-08-02, 17:17   Link #559
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
As a kid, I was very afraid of doctors. (Well, I still am, but I've gotten better at hiding it ). I don't remember well, but before a shot, I may have been crying as much as Vivio at the same age.

And the bind is definitely the less painful way to make sure she'll stay still.
You keep forgetting. It doesn't matter to her if the doctor is curing her for cancer, at that very moment TO HER, it was considered torture. Through the eyes of a kid, that's all there really is.

It's even worse when your have (IV) teasing her on the sidelines.

Quote:
You already have him commit terrorism.

If NxF fans are brick walls, these guys are blast-doors.

Quote:
At least there is the relief of knowing he's going to be paying for all of this before the series is up.
Erm... You sure?
Old 2007-08-02, 17:32   Link #560
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You keep forgetting. It doesn't matter to her if the doctor is curing her for cancer, at that very moment TO HER, it was considered torture. Through the eyes of a kid, that's all there really is.
From that point of vue, since every doctor or dentist out there has at least one crying/screaming young patient, you'll have to put them all in jail.

The original question was, Does Jail enjoys inflicting pain?
Does he even notice that Vivio is screaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's even worse when your have (IV) teasing her on the sidelines.
Yep. *She* is creepy. X, on the other hand, seems to feel for Vivio. I don't think either reaction is Jail's fault.
Closed Thread