AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-06, 12:27   Link #461
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Wizard Barristers. Last Thoughts

I was about to drop this title after watching the second episode, but I chose to remain patient all the way to the end. This show is neither brilliant nor well written, but I believe it was better than Mahou Sensou in terms of putting wizards as main characters, however, the themes and scopes between those two titles beg massive differences.

Nevertheless, like all of you I was off put at how the last episode was executed, since I got some substance in the previous one, but my viewing pleasure got thwarted by that hideous animation.

I do agree that if the Honour was involved as well in Makusu's corrupt circle, then it would made more sense the incrimination and framing against Cecil, but at the end he truly was sort of a nice adult figure just doing his job.

The same thing I would say about Moyoyon(Lucifer) had the writers left her alone and giving off the message that Lucifer is sort of bad things in life happening, but they have to either tease or trolled the audience by returning with Cecil and Moyo, and ending the entire show with Moyo about to reveal her true identity to Cecil.
Seriously, I did not need that scene splattered on my face. During the building up of the plot, the more the summoning was nearing the more Moyo acted from the shadows and got riled up until the climax was reached in the eleventh episode about her being Lucifer and briefly possessing Cecil.
Once the summoning failed and Makusus got his just desserts, then the focus on Moyo has gone with the wind for almost the entire last episode.

Geez, one cannot understand what the writers are doing. Overall, it wasn't a good choice, but I managed to entertain myself with it.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, stills