AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2009-12-28, 17:30   Link #101
ellifeedn
Thinker

How does using magic hurt an esper?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 22:32   Link #102
shitashii

well magic was created for people who dont have esper powers so yeah. the only 1 who can use both is Motoharu Tsuchimikado
shitashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 17:44   Link #103
ellifeedn
Thinker

What is the reason for one to be unable to have both types of power? Would it put too much power in a person that it overloads the body and destroys them?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 18:46   Link #104
Miraluka
Banned

No, the magic have a mecanism to restrict espers to use magic.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 10:39   Link #105
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Asakura View Post
So there's seven level fives, we've met Misaka and accelerator, will we ever meet the others?
At least one has been seen in the Anime so far.

#4 Mugino Shizuri is the girl in the pink dress at Josephs in Episode 12
#5 "The Queen" goes to Tokiwadi. So she might have been in the testing montage in Episode 1

There is a good chance either or both might show.

One goes to school with two of our heroines and the other frequents their favourite cafe and has been on screen. Both have potential plotlines that could have them speaking.

There is one [#6] who hasn't shown in the novels or manga and might get used for an anime only episode.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 15:17   Link #106
tsunade666

The seventh one has a chance that should have revealed already in the level upper ark but they removed it so its safe to say we wouldn't be seeing him.

No one can use both esper and magic. Tsuchimikado can do it because his level 0 ability is self regeneration. Which is reviving himself after exploding with the side effect of magic.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 21:08   Link #107
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Wouldn't that be a level 1 ability? Level 0 would basically mean he would have no power, thus no regeneration.....
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 22:09   Link #108
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That makes the Tree Diagram flawed to start. It can't detect passive abilities.
Or it's just that there are powers from certain espers which activate within a strict condition.

Level 0, Kamijou Touma. His powers only work when magic or psychic abilities are acted upon him (Level 0 Imagine Breaker).
Another one, Tsuchimikado Motoharu. His powers only work when he dies (Level 0 Auto Rebirth). No one would possibly take the chance to test his powers by killing him.

Testing procedure/s and power detection for unusual powers like these might not be included within Tree Diagram's classification system and Academy System's methods of testing esper powers.

Gunha Suugita's ability could be an active and measurable one that's why he was able to ascend to Level 5. Seeing that Saten Ruiko has developed a power under the effects of Level Upper (presumably Level 1), she might fall under the category of "the promising ones*".

* - those who have the likelihood of developing a power in the future.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 04:51   Link #109
tsunade666

I think the test of tree diagram is based on how well an esper can alter the real world. Like the test their doing in the tokiwadai. The test with telepathy, clairvoyance and telekinesis. Plus the test that mikoto and some special students do. The test mikoto do are firing her railgun in the pool which can clearly be seen.

Then how will you test touma's ability? did it change the real world? and also motoharu. Did their reality become the reality of others? well the answer is no. That's why they are level 0.
Old 2009-12-31, 07:54   Link #110
shitashii

will railgun go onto the sisters arc now? i hope so
Old 2009-12-31, 09:47   Link #111
tsunade666

we are not sure because based on the spoilers its no where near the sister arc yet.
Old 2009-12-31, 10:05   Link #112
shitashii

ahhhhh danggg
Old 2009-12-31, 11:20   Link #113
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
Wouldn't that be a level 1 ability? Level 0 would basically mean he would have no power, thus no regeneration.....
Level 0 includes people with no concious control over their ability.

Level 1 requires that you can consciously do something with an ability. Higher levels require ever more control and power.
Old 2009-12-31, 18:48   Link #114
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So a Level 0 ESPer is not a normal mundane human still?

Also, do we have dates to work around? I see things like July 31st being thrown around, but no year? Has it been stated?
Old 2010-01-01, 01:29   Link #115
tsunade666

I'm not sure about the railgun timeline anymore. In the manga it's safe to assume the time because it coexist with index but in the anime. I'm not sure anymore.

I think if I add up all that happen 3 months most. That's from the start of the novel up to the present.
Old 2010-01-01, 10:43   Link #116
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm not sure about the railgun timeline anymore. In the manga it's safe to assume the time because it coexist with index but in the anime. I'm not sure anymore.
The Railgun anime doesn't match the timeline for the Index LNs/Anime/Manga and the Railgun Manga.

IIRC all the dates given have been day and month only. It appears to be a rolling This Year [Obama is US president.]
Old 2010-01-09, 15:15   Link #117
babohtea

If you look only at the two animes though, the timelines don't seem that far off. If they gave incorrect dates then I guess it was their fail but just looking at the events it doesn't seem too far off. Some of these arcs in Railgun might only be 5 hours long in one Index day.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 23:51   Link #118
tsunade666

But in railgun anime removes stuff that happen in the railgun manga which is directly connected to the index manga and novel.

Unless it all happen within few minutes in that day its almost impossible specially the blackout. Because that last a day or rather a night.
Old 2010-01-10, 00:07   Link #119
babohtea

I assume that Mikoto causes a lot of blackouts, not just one. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if only Touma (who is poor) was really significantly affected by the blackout. Miss Rich Misaka probably still has power in her private school. She probably has her own generator. And no, not herself, but a generator for the building.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 00:20   Link #120
tsunade666

Yap most likely she do it a lot of ruckus. But that date will be different if or overlapping or even miss. And in the novel their are times where even time has been mentioned in it. So chances that it's happening in the same time is huge.

The tokiwadai is one of the prestigious top 3 (btw what are the other top schools_school in academy city. And its dorm should have a generator for itself compare to a small apartment rented by touma.

Tags
q&a