AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-11, 08:40   Link #2101
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Some bits of info on Sheryl's and Grace's pasts from the Drama CD (Galaxy Memories). All translation credit goes to seiichiro_yayoi @ LJ from the AltoxSheryl comm

Grace was narrating this track and offered an interesting insight into their past. Anyway, here goes:

Spoiler for By clicking this button, you agree to read and be spoiled at your own risk:
Old 2009-06-11, 09:13   Link #2102
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Spoiler for About Grace:

Thanks for the spoilers, by the way, forgottendiary-sama.

Old 2009-06-11, 09:20   Link #2103
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Spoiler for About Grace:

Spoiler for Grace:

Old 2009-06-11, 09:31   Link #2104
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Spoiler for About Grace:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-11, 10:31   Link #2105
rei_lied

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Some bits of info on Sheryl's and Grace's pasts from the Drama CD (Galaxy Memories). All translation credit goes to seiichiro_yayoi @ LJ from the AltoxSheryl comm

Grace was narrating this track and offered an interesting insight into their past. Anyway, here goes:

Spoiler for By clicking this button, you agree to read and be spoiled at your own risk:
Wow, with those revelations, I think Grace will now be dethrone in my list of most evil anime villain. I'm beginning to like her...well the pre-reprogrammed Grace. Great to see a bit of Sheryl's past. I wished they put this on the series or make an OVA for this.
Old 2009-06-11, 10:41   Link #2106
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Spoiler for Grace:
Old 2009-06-11, 10:50   Link #2107
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Spoiler for Grace:
Well...
Spoiler for Grace...:

Old 2009-06-11, 10:57   Link #2108
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Spoiler for Grace:
Yup, very good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_lied View Post
Wow, with those revelations, I think Grace will now be dethrone in my list of most evil anime villain. I'm beginning to like her...well the pre-reprogrammed Grace. Great to see a bit of Sheryl's past. I wished they put this on the series or make an OVA for this.
Perhaps Grace went through some sort of a Stockholm Syndrome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abynormal View Post
Spoiler for Grace:
Very well said. *nods* *nods*
Old 2009-06-11, 19:15   Link #2109
magnuskn

Well, holy crap. Absolute confirmation of everything we postulated here ( which we really didn´t know officially, but just speculated about ). Congrats to us, we really nailed that down very well. Wow. I am really amazed that our speculations were exactly right.

Also, the additional stuff is interesting. When do y'all guess would be the point where Grace does this to herself?
Old 2009-06-11, 20:45   Link #2110
MFSxA

Quote:

Good read, ty for the info.
So I said in my heart, "As it happens to the fool, It also happens to me, And why was I then more wise?" Then I said in my heart, "This also is vanity." For there is no more remembrance of the wise than of the fool forever, Since all that now is will be forgotten in the days to come. And how does a wise man die? As the fool!

Ecclesiastes 2:15-16, NKJV
Old 2009-06-11, 23:17   Link #2111
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

God....Sheryl really had it bad. >.<
Old 2009-06-12, 06:25   Link #2112
rei_lied

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Yeah, poor Sheryl. At least she didn't get traumatized or something (unlike someone I know). She's really a strong person.
Old 2009-06-12, 10:36   Link #2113
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

The statement "I'm Sheryl Nome" has more meaning to it then just a boast, because this Sheryl Nome lost her parents, wandered in the slums of her homeland with only herself to rely on, found stardom and became the voice of the galaxy, an unimaginable dream for most street urchins. In the late of the series, this Sheryl Nome pressed on to sing despite having been betrayed by the closest person in her life. She sang not just for herself but for the sake of others. It could have been so much easier to withdraw, especially with a looming death to pass as an excuse. Sheryl's strength really astounds me. Her character has pretty much influenced how I envision an ideal female character. In short, she is Sheryl Nome and she is awesome.

Pardon me, I think someone spiked my punch.
Old 2009-06-12, 10:46   Link #2114
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Please, I'll have whatever Lord raileon is having.

I completely agree, by the way.

Old 2009-06-12, 14:02   Link #2115
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, holy crap. Absolute confirmation of everything we postulated here ( which we really didn´t know officially, but just speculated about ). Congrats to us, we really nailed that down very well. Wow. I am really amazed that our speculations were exactly right.

Also, the additional stuff is interesting. When do y'all guess would be the point where Grace does this to herself?
Hm, for all I know, it could've been pre-series, Grace could've just proceeded with the plans in hopes Sheryl will still work and then voila, finds greenery. OTOH, nuking herself in ep 14 makes sense as well when the greenery goes kira! and she realizes she needed Sheryl no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFSxA View Post
Good read, ty for the info.
No prob!

Quote:
Yes, indeed. And she always tried to hold her chin up despite that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_lied View Post
Yeah, poor Sheryl. At least she didn't get traumatized or something (unlike someone I know). She's really a strong person.
I was waiting for this. ;D My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
The statement "I'm Sheryl Nome" has more meaning to it then just a boast, because this Sheryl Nome lost her parents, wandered in the slums of her homeland with only herself to rely on, found stardom and became the voice of the galaxy, an unimaginable dream for most street urchins. In the late of the series, this Sheryl Nome pressed on to sing despite having been betrayed by the closest person in her life. She sang not just for herself but for the sake of others. It could have been so much easier to withdraw, especially with a looming death to pass as an excuse. Sheryl's strength really astounds me. Her character has pretty much influenced how I envision an ideal female character. In short, she is Sheryl Nome and she is awesome.

Pardon me, I think someone spiked my punch.
*claps* Couldn't have said it any better!

Quote:
Please, I'll have whatever Lord raileon is having.

I completely agree, by the way.
Yes, I will have some of that too!
Old 2009-06-12, 21:59   Link #2116
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Did you all really NEED more confirmation that Sheryl is awesome...? I thought that that was pretty much confirmed.

Here, I'll say it again, just in case everyone's forgotten:

SHERYL. IS. AWESOME.
Old 2009-06-12, 22:42   Link #2117
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Thanks for the translations.

It's good that they've decided to flesh out Grace and Sheryl's relationship here, but I thought it would be even better if they included the core bits within the TV series. The whole time I was reading that passage, I kept getting reminded of the Episode 18 sequence, where the first thing Sheryl mentioned upon finding out Grace's betrayal was about Ranka's powers instead, and it took off from there. It was a bit awkward, but hopefully, they'd make the transition smoother when deciding to add in more canon material in other formats to compliment the original storyline.
Old 2009-06-13, 07:09   Link #2118
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Did you all really NEED more confirmation that Sheryl is awesome...? I thought that that was pretty much confirmed.

Here, I'll say it again, just in case everyone's forgotten:

SHERYL. IS. AWESOME.
Looks like someone needs an invite to the Galactic Fairy Fanclub. There's no getting out of this one, Gubaba.

cheesie, your new deckswabber is here. Try not to scare him away, will you?
Old 2009-06-13, 08:18   Link #2119
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
What happen to a certain deckmate? Did he get delegated to slaved, single oarsman? :'o Or did he plan a rebellion under a certain failure that don't want to change her name to Lord "***leon"?

Poor Yot-chan/Gubaba... He has yet to see how real cheesie is just errr... failure incomprehensiveable 'unpredictable' than her AS counterpart... and what a Drama Queen she is!

Old 2009-06-13, 13:16   Link #2120
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Looks like someone needs an invite to the Galactic Fairy Fanclub. There's no getting out of this one, Gubaba.

Can I just hang out on the boat part-time? I don't want to leave my battered little one-man Nanase dinghy alone for TOO long...

That said, I'm sure the music is a lot better on the Good Ship Yousei...
Closed Thread

Tags
characters