AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-26, 07:59   Link #1
Inf1nitY

Exclamation Fighting Beauty Wulong (Kakutou Bijin Wulong)

Title: Kakutou Bijin Wulong
English: Fighting Beauty Wulong
Type: TV
Episodes: 25
Year: 2005 (02.10.2005 till 26.03.2006)
Companies: Ishikawa Yuugo, TMS Entertainment, TV Tokyo, ZET, Asahi Production
URL: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/wulong/

At first glance, Mao Ran is a normal cure girl, but she is a master of a martial arts handed down by Mao family.
One day, she is tricked by her grandfather, and forced to take part in the fighting match, “Prime Mat”. First, she is reluctant to fight, but fighting against the rivals, she is gradually fascinated by the “fighting”.

RAW's provided by: www.saiyaman.info
Subgroups: none!

My question... guys have you missed this anime? Cause it rulez...
i saw some raws, the action might not be much better then tenjou tenge.
but this serie is still something to look forward to, please sub this series if you like it. thanks!!
Old 2005-12-26, 09:18   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf1nitY
Subgroups: none!
...which means this thread does not belong in the Fansubs forum yet... (MOVED)
Old 2006-01-14, 14:28   Link #3
krusher

anyone know the artist/name of the new ed song?
Old 2006-02-10, 02:46   Link #4
ECFNW

Good to see this is finally being subbed as I only started wacthing the RAWs from halfway through the story.
Old 2006-02-10, 03:05   Link #5
coooltoool

Fighting Beauty Wulong. is a Air Master Remix?

Any body that whatched Fighting Beauty Wulong and Air master find them to be very simular? heh kinda funny

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-02-10 at 03:29. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before you assume you're the only one who has ever had anything to say about a show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-02-10, 03:24   Link #6
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Lol, now it should be moved back to the fansub section. Good luck LIME!
________
Glass bubblers

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:03.
Old 2006-02-10, 03:28   Link #7
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by coooltoool
Any body that whatched Fighting Beauty Wulong and Air master find them to be very simular? heh kinda funny
Nope. Not similar at all. Okay, there was one similarity: Both have a well endowed female main character. That's the end of the similarity. Personality is different, reasons for fighting are different, secondary characters are different, plot is different. You might as well say that Wulong and Maki are identical to Chun Li (from Street Fighter) and be just as corrent.

I've been hearing a lot about how bad this show was. That's the stated reason that so many groups have decided not to sub it. After finally seeing it subbed by Lime, I am surprised to discover that it actually did not suck. Okay, it wasn't the best show I've seen, but it didn't suck either. The story jumped around like a rabbit on amphetamines, but aside from that flaw it was rather engaging and I liked the fighting choreography. I'm hoping that the reason for the story jumping around like that was just because they were trying to compress too much into the first episode so that they could set up the story.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-02-10 at 03:56.
Old 2006-02-10, 09:32   Link #8
CarrierZ
aka cz

Send a message via MSN to CarrierZ
The story could get a lot better, and also my timing for it. >_< I hope we can get out episode 2 as soon as possible!
The main character is kinda cute though...
Old 2006-02-10, 10:10   Link #9
krusher

nice to see it subbed, thx lime
Old 2006-02-10, 11:36   Link #10
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I was thinking that aside from the fighting, fansevice might just be another main factor of attraction for viewers... Then again, I could be wrong, since it's only been 1 episode I've seen.
Old 2006-02-10, 11:55   Link #11
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
I was thinking that aside from the fighting, fansevice might just be another main factor of attraction for viewers... Then again, I could be wrong, since it's only been 1 episode I've seen.

Meh, that "fanservice" is lame.
I thought it was ok because it was weird with those characters, and quite alright animated fights.
Old 2006-02-11, 01:29   Link #12
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Fanservice? She actually wears a leotard so that you can't see her panties.

Definitely not a fanservice show. Perhaps that is another reason that the groups weren't lining up to fansub this.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-11, 02:54   Link #13
DryFire
Panda Herder

The first few scenes and the preview looked like fanservice to me.

It's ok. It could turn rather uninteresting very quickly.
Old 2006-02-11, 16:37   Link #14
Seyluun

Just watched first ep. Impressive. It's not your average show that can shove so many cliché in just 20 minutes.
Old 2006-02-11, 18:14   Link #15
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

Wait, a show with a female fighter that avoids fanservice?!

I'm all over this.
Old 2006-02-11, 18:59   Link #16
wrex_japan

I'm amazed how many of you actually like this show. I kinda hate it, but I still watch it every weekend for some reason; actually, I just skip to the fight scenes and then delete my recording afterwards.

The art style is kinda ugly (especially the faces and hands), the fights scenes are stretched out unrealistically, and the kansai dialect is grating on my nerves (gawd, I hate when Megumi talks), the music seems mismatched, and just overall, this seems like a B-grade production. And yet, because I started watching it, I wanna see the showdown between Mao and ... er... forgot her name, the champion of PrimeMat.

Last edited by wrex_japan; 2006-02-12 at 07:06.
Old 2006-02-11, 23:58   Link #17
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Fanservice? She actually wears a leotard so that you can't see her panties.

Definitely not a fanservice show. Perhaps that is another reason that the groups weren't lining up to fansub this.
Quote:
Then again, I could be wrong, since it's only been 1 episode I've seen.
Chill.

The character designs don't appeal much to me though, but maybe because it might seem a little different from the typical designs of characters for anime? I'll see how the story goes before deciding to follow it a little more.
Old 2006-02-12, 00:57   Link #18
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
To be blunt, this is probably the worst anime I've ever seen in my entire life. You can actually see the extent of the budget, they stick to still frames and the action is just crap and it's a fighting anime. I couldn't believe how corny the actions were, I mean the fighting taunts were just so absurdly lame I laughed. They tried to cram so many elements into one episode: friend looking for sensei, rival, following one's lineage, entering tournament etc. etc. You think each of these plot devices would be reserved for one episode each but you know, given the enormity of the rest of the problems of this anime, I suppose the plot was never even thought of.
Old 2006-03-26, 01:31   Link #19
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

The second episode of this came out recently (thank you Lime!). I appears that most of the major characters are set. The last missing character piece is the stereotypical "loli" or underage wannabe lad (something like Yahiko from "Kenshin") to fill out the cast. This show is fun for me. I enjoy the low-rent animation and cheeky writing.

I just wish there were more cats.
Old 2006-03-27, 21:38   Link #20
ECFNW

Finally got around to watching the first episode and the animation is rather stiff, and it did seem to try to rush a lot into the first episode.
But I'll stick with it to see how it goes as the PRIME fighting show is a rip off of PRIDE FC and I want to see how they go about the fights in that one.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, seinen