AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 146 81.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 1.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-02, 19:34   Link #141
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Trying to save Kurisu in the Alpha timeline would only lead to a repeat of the situation with Mayuri; trying to save someone who is simply destined to die in that timeline, regardless of what is done. The only way one could save Kurisu if she was fated to die is to change the timelines, just as changing back to the Alpha timeline saved Mayuri.
That's not necessarily true. What got Mayuri killed was the fact that SERN knew about the D-Mails, not Kurisu living. If you can save Kurisu without SERN finding out about it then you can probably save them both (and quite possibly trigger something else that may be better or worse, we don't know).
Old 2011-09-03, 00:14   Link #142
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That's not necessarily true. What got Mayuri killed was the fact that SERN knew about the D-Mails, not Kurisu living. If you can save Kurisu without SERN finding out about it then you can probably save them both (and quite possibly trigger something else that may be better or worse, we don't know).
I meant within that specific timeline, once the death has already occurred. Mayuri died in the Beta timeline because of SERN, but past that point nothing could save her in the timeline. Assuming Okabe found a completely dead Kurisu in the Alpha timeline, then nothing he could do in that specific timeline would save her regardless, because she's already destined to die.
Old 2011-09-03, 00:55   Link #143
Knightrunner

Quote:
I meant within that specific timeline, once the death has already occurred. Mayuri died in the Beta timeline because of SERN, but past that point nothing could save her in the timeline. Assuming Okabe found a completely dead Kurisu in the Alpha timeline, then nothing he could do in that specific timeline would save her regardless, because she's already destined to die.
If Kurisu destined to die then she will die, hopefully next episode or two we will see her alive.
Old 2011-09-03, 02:58   Link #144
Alucard24

Well, I got some questions :

- Why does Mayushii say she's all right now ? How could she know that she won't "die" again ? Okabe never told her anything about this, she just had nightmare. How can she be sure she won't have more nightmare ? Daru seem's to remember as well the way he's looking at Okabe.

- Why Suzuha know Daru his her father ? She never meet him since she was never even in 2010 ! In Beta wordline, Titor appear in 2000, not 2010, to warn about WW3. She should not even be there, leave alone knowing daru's phone number

- Why does she tell Okabe everything in the Beta worldline when she kept hidden everything in the Alpha worldline, when she worked part time ?

And I fail to see why she need Okabe help about WW3.

btw, on what day does this phone call from Suzuha happen ? I kinda lost count since they keep going backward all the time xD

Thanks in advance for the answers.
Old 2011-09-03, 03:49   Link #145
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

^i think some of those are to be revealed

Old 2011-09-03, 03:58   Link #146
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Well, I got some questions :
- Why does Mayushii say she's all right now ? How could she know that she won't "die" again ? Okabe never told her anything about this, she just had nightmare. How can she be sure she won't have more nightmare ? Daru seem's to remember as well the way he's looking at Okabe.
From the previous episodes you saw how Mayuri and the others felt what was happening to themselves in the other timelines. It's highly likely they have some of Reading Steiner's power in them too. Maybe all humans do but aren't aware of it?

No, Daru just seemed to have a "wtf is Okabe on" kind of face

Quote:

- Why Suzuha know Daru his her father ? She never meet him since she was never even in 2010 ! In Beta wordline, Titor appear in 2000, not 2010, to warn about WW3. She should not even be there, leave alone knowing daru's phone number
Titor was in 2010, 2001 and 1975 in the alpha line. Now in the beta timeline where we have gone back somewhere to the the events in the 1st episode. This timeline probably had some different event triggered from which Suzuha knows who her father is.

Quote:
- Why does she tell Okabe everything in the Beta worldline when she kept hidden everything in the Alpha worldline, when she worked part time ?
And I fail to see why she need Okabe help about WW3.
Suzuha's mission was to get the IBN 5100 and give it to Okabe so that he can change everything. She stopped at 2010 just to meet her father and didn't want the others to get involved.

But now here, the trigger for WWIII is probably going to set off soon and so she really needs his help. He was the first person, along with Daru to invent a time travelling machine - The Phone microwave which led to the world being taken over by CERN (accidentally though, ppl already forgot about the jelly bananas? lol). Suzuha is also aware of Okabe's power to regain memories even after changing world lines. So he might be the only person to help stop such a huge event.

Well these are my opinions after watching the series so far. Lots of things have happened already and thus a bit difficult to remember them all so the facts might be different or I even missed some points. The end is approaching and it should be a really good one.
Old 2011-09-03, 07:45   Link #147
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Titor was in 2010, 2001 and 1975 in the alpha line. Now in the beta timeline where we have gone back somewhere to the the events in the 1st episode. This timeline probably had some different event triggered from which Suzuha knows who her father is.

Well, one can conclude that in Dead Tuturu Timeline, Daru had been hiding behind the Barrel Titor name to make sure that SERN never pull a Terminator scenario on his past self. With SERN out of the picture, the Suzuha from Dead Kurisu Timeline knew who her father is.
Old 2011-09-03, 08:25   Link #148
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This has got to the singlemost epic episode of this season, and there's tough competition unlike the other seasons! Man, I still can't stop tearing up when I recall those sweet painful moments...

Anyway, Kurisu was clearly saying she was in the Alpha worldline too, meaning that what Okarin saw may well be Kurisu, but only nearly dead and was later revived by medical means. I believe this somehow ties into WW3, so by rescuing Kurisu from SERN will they jump into a new timeline where SERN is just CERN.

In the noble brightness of this alternate future, there is only GOOD END.

Note: this is only speculation and I swear I have never touched the game. Any similarities are purely coincidental.
Old 2011-09-03, 08:27   Link #149
bakuramariks
The Observer

Alpha and beta are completely different worldlines and the Suzuha we saw in the end of the ep. has nothing to do with the one in alpha. They are different.

I guess in the beta Suzuha visited 2000 to warn the world and now she comes back (but in 2010) to stop the WW3 with the help of Okarin.
In alpha, she never visited 2000 and came straight to 2010 to find her father before... Wait a minute! She was with Okabe when he found the IBN, so she didn't have a mission? Only after the sent D-mails f*cked up everything, she needed to find it. Here, we speak of different worldlines, so... I'm lost. Because when she came with her mission being going back to 1975 to find an IBN, Okabe managed to find it (ep. 1-6, one worldline) and was with him until Moeka sent a D-mail. So, can anyone explain it? I'm not good at explaining what i want to tell xD. The question: did Suzuha in alpha, at the moment of her arrival, had a mission to go to 1975 to find an IBN, although in the same worldline Okarin found it at the shrine? I'm sounding kinda stupid, but time travel is a b*tch >.<
Old 2011-09-03, 08:36   Link #150
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Well, one can conclude that in Dead Tuturu Timeline, Daru had been hiding behind the Barrel Titor name to make sure that SERN never pull a Terminator scenario on his past self. With SERN out of the picture, the Suzuha from Dead Kurisu Timeline knew who her father is.
True, that makes sense....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
From the previous episodes you saw how Mayuri and the others felt what was happening to themselves in the other timelines. It's highly likely they have some of Reading Steiner's power in them too. Maybe all humans do but aren't aware of it?
Until now, others people were only able to remember something about them. I'm not sure but it's almost as if tuturu remember Kurisu but at the same time, she doesn't know who is member 004 .... that's strange.

Quote:
Titor was in 2010, 2001 and 1975 in the alpha line.
Not exactly : in the alpha timeline one titor was in 2010 and in 1975 : suzuha but it's only in 2010 who she called herself titor. She denied ever been in 2001.

In the beta timeline, there was a titor in 2001 but we don't know if it was future Daru or SuzuhaB. SuzuhaB came in 2010 too but this time didn't call herself titor.

In other words, since SERN's distopya didn't happen, there should not been any resistance against them, then Okabe never founded it, then Suzuha should never ever met him, not in 2036 and not in 2010 since she wasn't there in the first place.

If the theory of Sheba is right, maybe Daru lived long enough to talk about Okabe to Suzuha.

Quote:
Suzuha is also aware of Okabe's power to regain memories even after changing world lines. So he might be the only person to help stop such a huge event.
If it's true, then that would explain why she tell him to come right away but why not calling him directly ?

Quote:
Lots of things have happened already and thus a bit difficult to remember them all so the facts might be different or I even missed some points. The end is approaching and it should be a really good one.
Yeah, for example : I'm not sure if the phone call at the end of ep 22 is received on the 18 august or at another date ? The first ep was on the 28 july.
Old 2011-09-03, 09:17   Link #151
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakuramariks View Post
The question: did Suzuha in alpha, at the moment of her arrival, had a mission to go to 1975 to find an IBN, although in the same worldline Okarin found it at the shrine? I'm sounding kinda stupid, but time travel is a b*tch >.<
Specifically in the alpha timeline, Suzuha had no reason to look for the IBN5100 because SERN never took over the world and transformed it into a dystopia; she seems to have only returned to ask for Okabe's help in preventing WWIII, which SERN doesn't seem linked to.
Old 2011-09-03, 09:28   Link #152
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
There is a fully functioning time machine you know? The one Suzuha used to get to the "current" time.
Old 2011-09-03, 09:41   Link #153
Alucard24

On top of all my others questions (2 post before this one), there is one I'm really interested knowing the answer :

If Kurisu remembered when she was stabbed, why doesn't she tell Okabe some details to try preventing it ? Like who stabbed here for starter or why....

Why Okabe doesn't even ask her about that ? We don't know for certain if she is fated to die like Mayushii was since he hasn't tried even once.
Old 2011-09-03, 09:53   Link #154
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
There is a fully functioning time machine you know? The one Suzuha used to get to the "current" time.
Unless it's like the time machine Suzuha used in the Beta timeline, and thus can only go backwards and not forward or to another timeline.
Old 2011-09-03, 09:53   Link #155
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
On top of all my others questions (2 post before this one), there is one I'm really interested knowing the answer :

If Kurisu remembered when she was stabbed, why doesn't she tell Okabe some details to try preventing it ? Like who stabbed here for starter or why....

Why Okabe doesn't even ask her about that ? We don't know for certain if she is fated to die like Mayushii was since he hasn't tried even once.
I think she just remember the pain from incident, not everything....

Like when you got knocked off, waked up next morning with a headache but can't remember what exactly did you drink
Old 2011-09-03, 11:45   Link #156
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Until now, others people were only able to remember something about them. I'm not sure but it's almost as if tuturu remember Kurisu but at the same time, she doesn't know who is member 004 .... that's strange.
I think her memory is a bit more vague. She realizes that Okabe has been put through hell for her sake and that he's suffering badly from it. She may not have any recolection about Kurisu and thus not knowing a member 004.

Quote:
Not exactly : in the alpha timeline one titor was in 2010 and in 1975 : suzuha but it's only in 2010 who she called herself titor. She denied ever been in 2001.

In the beta timeline, there was a titor in 2001 but we don't know if it was future Daru or SuzuhaB. SuzuhaB came in 2010 too but this time didn't call herself titor.

In other words, since SERN's distopya didn't happen, there should not been any resistance against them, then Okabe never founded it, then Suzuha should never ever met him, not in 2036 and not in 2010 since she wasn't there in the first place.

If the theory of Sheba is right, maybe Daru lived long enough to talk about Okabe to Suzuha.
This is how I see it; We can assume WW3 would be very bad. So bad that Okabe decides to restart his time travel efforts instead of just leaving it dead. Of course he'd need Daru's help in this kind of endevour. Then when it comes to who to send back that could work with his old self he'd naturally suggest Suzuha. Before she goes back Okabe can talk to her about meeting her in a different world line. With that knowledge she can immediately contact him and explain things since he does have memories of her and can believe it all right away.

Quote:
If it's true, then that would explain why she tell him to come right away but why not calling him directly ?
Maybe she doesn't know Okabe's cell number from that time . Or could have liked the chance to talk with her dad for an instant before he passed along the phone.
Old 2011-09-03, 12:47   Link #157
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think her memory is a bit more vague. She realizes that Okabe has been put through hell for her sake and that he's suffering badly from it. She may not have any recolection about Kurisu and thus not knowing a member 004.
Wich means she IS smart after all

Quote:
This is how I see it; We can assume WW3 would be very bad. So bad that Okabe decides to restart his time travel efforts instead of just leaving it dead. Of course he'd need Daru's help in this kind of endevour. Then when it comes to who to send back that could work with his old self he'd naturally suggest Suzuha. Before she goes back Okabe can talk to her about meeting her in a different world line. With that knowledge she can immediately contact him and explain things since he does have memories of her and can believe it all right away.
Nice theory But it's still hard to redo the puzzle : it's guessed Okabe came back himself since we hear his scream in the first ep so maybe he came with Suzuha but for what purpose ?

If Suzuha is in august 2010 with a timemachine, she can just go to july 2010 with august-Okabe, no problems.
If 2036-Okabe is with her, why calling 2010-Okabe ? Something the old Okabe can't do ?

Quote:
Maybe she doesn't know Okabe's cell number from that time . Or could have liked the chance to talk with her dad for an instant before he passed along the phone.
Then why does she know daru's number and how does she know that Okabe is next to him ? Is she spying at that moment ? No, she say she's on the rooftop....
Old 2011-09-03, 12:49   Link #158
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Wich means she IS smart after all

Nice theory But it's still hard to redo the puzzle : it's guessed Okabe came back himself since we hear his scream in the first ep so maybe he came with Suzuha but for what purpose ?

If Suzuha is in august 2010 with a timemachine, she can just go to july 2010 with august-Okabe, no problems.
If 2036-Okabe is with her, why calling 2010-Okabe ? Something the old Okabe can't do ?

Then why does she know daru's number and how does she know that Okabe is next to him ? Is she spying at that moment ? No, she say she's on the rooftop....
It's quite possible she have been told about it by Future Daru or Rintaro.
Old 2011-09-03, 17:57   Link #159
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
We have no confirmation that the future Okabe is currently with Suzuha; for all we know, he could be dead like he was in the Beta timeline.
Old 2011-09-03, 20:40   Link #160
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Unless it's like the time machine Suzuha used in the Beta timeline, and thus can only go backwards and not forward or to another timeline.
Yes, it's probably like that (it's probably the exact same one and the only difference is that she was able to do the jump better).

But we were talking about saving Kurisu and that would mean travelling back in time only (and we have that scream at the first episode remember? )