AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-15, 11:04   Link #10261
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
The reason why miyuki is the best girl for tatsuya is because there isnt any girl in the world can match tatsuya because he is too perfect?
No, it's because no other girl can match his level of CRAZY! The Shiba siblings are quite twisted and while not "evil", they do display some Machiavellian characteristics and some worldviews you wouldn't really expect from your main hero and heroine. Amidst the sweetness and the nobility they display, the Shibas are quite wicked when they have to be. ^_^

Hence, why they're so perfect for each other. Were they paired up with anyone else, they would just completely eat the other person alive! XD
Lucarion is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 11:10   Link #10262
pampz21
ShipCore
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I mostly agree with you. But Tatsuya and Miyuki haven't the same problems. Tatsuya is not liked by his family and could live alone for the rest of his life if he wanted.
But Miyuki is supposed to get married and in the Visitor arc it was stated that Tatsuya could leave her side later but she doesn't want to be separated from him. Now she has her female guardian and already noticed that they can't spend as much time alone as before because of Minami.

The problem is, how she will react if an arranged marriage is settled? As the heir of the clan she is supposed to accept this but will Tatsuya try to fight against the whole Yotsuba clan just for his sister? He is the strongest but I doubt it's possible.

Even if he succeeds, what will happen after? Tatsuya is not in love with her, their life would be worse and the other clans will probably kill them.

Only a few things can change the outcome of the events,Miyuki needs to confess( and get rejected) or accept her fate. Even if Tatsuya's emotions are restored his feelings for Miyuki won't change. In brief, Miyuki needs character development.
There will never be a development in Miyuki, she already did back in vol. 8#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Off topic: who is stronger between the 2 sibling withouth there limiter and going all out?
Tatsuya hands down; Tatsuya's special flash cast can out cast Miyuki's Cocytus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
All the things you say are correct, but just from the point of view in the present.

Well, that's the whole point of the story. How will Tatsuya change the society? Will he succeed? How is Miyuki gonna turn out? Will she become the head of the Yotsuba or will she leave?

We don't know yet, perhaps in the future, Tatsuya can discredit the Yotsuba so much that they won't be able to influence their life, then Miyuki can do whatever she want. She might even become a nun and stay single for the rest of her life just so that she won't have to marry anyong (but Tatsuya of course ). Even if Tatsuya can't see her as a woman, Miyuki will still be content to remain by his side as the younger sister, rather than get married to some other dudes (the thought alone makes she feel disgusted).



we don't know, Tatsuya may have an edge because of his physical prowess. On the other hand, Miyuki possess the ultimate Mind Interference ability - Cycotus, which I don't think Tatsuya can block, or he can but at least not in efficient way
Tatsuya can never discredit the Yotsuba; He only have 2 choice live in their control or destroy them!
Rather than a nun why not a Miko, more Japanese like~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
No, not yet.
But i hope that the best boy gets the best girl soon.
Yep, Miyuki is NOT the sister. She is simply a girl-THE BEST for Tatsuya.


My friend.
This i can answer you with a big "YES!!"
It is mentioned times and times that Tatsuya has a big ball. If he deems something has to be done, he will do it and take full responsibility for it.
This good point about Tatsuya is waaayyyy too good that it makes both his allies(Azusa) and his enemies (the actress) tremble before him.
------------------------------


Why do you state plain logic?
That's why i like Erika and Honoka. They know how to share. Anyone opposes Miyuki's hierarchy can't be considered a harem member.
Sharing is caring!!
----------------
The Erika's revolt that Pampz actively maintained reminds me of Mayumi force's emergence. I think we relapse it again.
May be Shizuku's rise of power will come next?
Good to see there are lots of Miyuki supporters.
Don't get me wrong. I love Erika and Shizuku as my 2nd favorite characters.
The best girl isnt always the best ending....>why do you think the pope created divorce papers? =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Wild guess? I'm going with Miyuki. It might not be a very good reason, but I just feel like if anyone's going to be able to match his power one day--it's going to be her. It might take her years, but she'll get there.

Also, Miyuki knows Tatsuya best. She might even have a clearer picture of who he is than he does himself. I don't think it'd be much of a stretch for Miyuki to also be able to figure out his weaknesses.
Miyuki doesnt know Tatsuya the best; she knows every good point but she doesnt see the bads.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
He admits EVERYONE is attractive. Mayumi, Mizuki, Honoka, Shizuku, Sayaka, and especially Miyuki and Lina(so far, the only character apparently equal to Miyuki).

In close approximation to him(leaving Miyuki who the best in the world) He had always commented Erika almost every vol.

Like others have said, Mizuki's eyes are a bigger threat than Erika's guessing. And he let her live WAY back in the beginning.

Nah Erika guess was a bulls eye that lead to her knowing he is a Yotsuba; The moment Tatsuya showed his rape face the guess, became the truth!

I've already agreed Erika has some feelings for Tatsuya. However, pretty much every named girl in the series does too.

Not everyone Mizuki isnt, Shizuku doesnt show much concern about love except with Honoka, Mayumi likes to tease Tatsuya but never stated he likes him; just wanted to be his Onee-san

Tatsuya has a LOT of secrets he's supposed to protect, but people keep finding them out. Him being Yotsuba, not that big a deal.

Huh?? Being the Yotsuba is the biggest deal of them all. What would you do if the police knows they are Yotsuba? his other friends do? People will shun them as a monster like what happend to Azusa when she guess Tatsuya is silver; They can only cower in fear of what the Yotsuba are; This guys destroyed a whole country for god's sake; thats why Zhou is the main antagonist?

He even lets that movie star live.

She doesnt know he's Yotsuba; She only thinks that he did that so there wont be controversy about first high;

HIS identity, he doesn't really care about. But if they would present any kind of a threat to Miyuki, he'd kill any and ALL of them.

His identity he cares about; Unveiling it would only harm Miyuki's status, just like I said they will lose their spirit with Miyuki; "it cant be help they are part of the Yotsuba family after all" those are the words those plebeians will utter when they learn there identity. and I tell you its not a very good feeling

Lina is probably the closest to know he's a strategic-class magician, yet she still lives.

Nope she doesnt know.

Mayumi is a Saegusa.

Seagusa doesnt have any kind of information about Tatsuya as Yotsuba

I say no. They've found out at least as much as Erika, and yet still live. Tatsuya has even offered to save Lina.

No they havent find anything as close to what Erika has learned; because Tatsuya thought Lina isnt suited to be part of military, thats why he offered to help, due to them being in the same circumstance, No one has offered Tatsuya a way out, so he wanted to be Lina's way out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidswable View Post
okay, but remember what's number 1 in tatsuya mind, MIYUKI. even if he could kill, he already explain that killing is not the best solution. even if he is godly against the world but what about miyuki's well being? will she become sad or will she become happy that he is known to the world?
and yotsuba, do you think what will happen if they ditch the sibling?

and the threat of mizuki's eye is already explained that her eye level is still not good enough.

and sorry, but until now all I see is that you only trying so hard to ship erika-tatsuya
Miyuki is #1 I agree with that....Tatsuya is a walking time bomb; sooner or later the treat of a nuclear warhead walking around will cause some problems to both Japan and other country; they will try to contact Tatsuya and become his allies; Thats why Miyuki is worried that if they find out who they are there are a lot of people who will try to use them or even take there lives; that is why Miyuki appreciates Tatsuya's friends Erika,Mizuki,Leo,Miki those are the Tatsuya's friends other than them they are merely acquaintance.

Mizuki's eyes is a threat she might not know what it means, but if she tells it to someone who knows?

Well I maybe shipping but at the same time Im telling facts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
No, it's because no other girl can match his level of CRAZY! The Shiba siblings are quite twisted and while not "evil", they do display some Machiavellian characteristics and some worldviews you wouldn't really expect from your main hero and heroine. Amidst the sweetness and the nobility they display, the Shibas are quite wicked when they have to be. ^_^

Hence, why they're so perfect for each other. Were they paired up with anyone else, they would just completely eat the other person alive! XD
You just miss the ball bro; In terms twisted Miyuki & Tatsuya are both equal but Tatsuya still leads a huge margin; Twisted & Evil is one of the Shipping elements of Tatsuya and Erika remember =). Erika may share her innocence with Leo but Erika shares Evil,Twisted, and Mischievous with Tatsuya. Miyuki may sulk when she kills, or do something overboard. But Tatsuya and Erika wouldnt hesitate to kill or even go overboard to get what they want.

I agree Miyuki X Tatsuya completes each other, as a siblings but not yet lovers; basically they are only playing house (You Mama, me Dada)
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life



Last edited by pampz21; 2014-02-15 at 11:27.
pampz21 is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 11:17   Link #10263
animeisinteresting
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

The best girl isnt always the best ending....>why do you think the pope created divorce?
The Pope? The only reason the Church Of England exists is because the Pope would NOT allow the King to get a divorce. So he broke away and created the Church Of England.
animeisinteresting is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 11:35   Link #10264
Rasen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
In close approximation to him(leaving Miyuki who the best in the world) He had always commented Erika almost every vol.
Really? Prove it. One quote from "almost every vol." should do.

Quote:
Nah Erika guess was a bulls eye that lead to her knowing he is a Yotsuba; its not a guess but the truth.
A nearly pointless secret, and he threatened to kill her over it.

Quote:
Not everyone Mizuki isnt, Shizuku doesnt show much concern about love except with Honoka, Mayumi likes to tease Tatsuya but never stated he likes him; just wanted to be his Onee-san
"Pretty much" means there are exceptions. Shizuku doesn't show much, but she's developing feelings. Even her parents have noticed.

As for Mayumi, after Tatsuya accidentally made a joke about having sex with her in that study booth, even though she was embarrassed, she chose to stay in the room. She is VERY attracted to him.

Quote:
Huh?? Being the Yotsuba is the biggest deal of them all. What would you do if the police knows they are Yotsuba? his other friends do? People will shun them as a monster like what happend to Azusa when she guess Tatsuya is silver; They can only cower in fear of what the Yotsuba are; This guys destroyed a whole country for god's sake; thats why Zhou is the main antagonist?
Being a Yotsuba is a big deal. It being a secret is NOT.

Way back in volume 1, they already said that they were only keeping it secret for highschool. As soon as Miyuki graduates, they'll announce it publicly.

Quote:
She doesnt know he's Yotsuba; She only thinks that he did that so there wont be controversy about first high;
Yes, but unlike the issue with being Yotsuba, she's getting close to finding out which student is a member of the military and which SECRET branch of it. And from there, that he is a STRATEGIC-class magician.

Quote:
His identity he cares about; Unveiling it would only harm Miyuki's status, just like I said they will lose their spirit with Miyuki; "it cant be help they are part of the Yotsuba family after all" those are the words those plebeians will utter when they learn there identity. and I tell you its not a very good feeling
Again, they're going to tell the world Miyuki is a Yotsuba in....2 years. And everyone already knows they're brother/sister.

Not an important secret.

Quote:
Nope she doesnt know.
By far, she is the closest. That's why the USNA started spying on him.

Quote:
Seagusa doesnt have any kind of information about Tatsuya as Yotsuba
Volume 5, Chapter 3 - Mayumi already suspects Tatsuya is a Yotsuba, AND an Extra. AND she gets a bath-scene where she stares at her body and thinks about Tatsuya.

That's 6 volumes faster than Erika.
Rasen is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 11:38   Link #10265
Riddam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Wild guess? I'm going with Miyuki. It might not be a very good reason, but I just feel like if anyone's going to be able to match his power one day--it's going to be her. It might take her years, but she'll get there.

Also, Miyuki knows Tatsuya best. She might even have a clearer picture of who he is than he does himself. I don't think it'd be much of a stretch for Miyuki to also be able to figure out his weaknesses.
First of all, lets be real here, it's not like we don't already know plenty of people who are at least on Tatsuya's level (Lina, Maya, Katsuto, Yakumo, Kazama, Kudou, etc.)
Second, wouldn't you say Miyuki has perhaps THE most skewed picture of Tatsuya and not the opposite. At the very least if Miyuki had an accurate picture of Tatsuya then there is no way on earth that anyone could ever hope to defeat him, we however know that it's bias. Finally it's not like Tatsuyas weakness is some great secret; he only has 2 magics.

I do think though that you're right about Miyuki being stronger, she's perfect in everything. Probably the only person that could defeat her in the whole series is Maya.
In the Tatsuya vs Miyuki case the match would be over in the blink of an eye by the way of Cocytus to which Regrowth would at this point have no effect. Tatsuya wouldn't even be able to target magic at Miyuki without Trident.
Riddam is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 11:42   Link #10266
kidswable
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
There will never be a development in Miyuki, she already did back in vol. 8#!

Tatsuya hands down; Tatsuya's special flash cast can out cast Miyuki's Cocytus

Tatsuya can never discredit the Yotsuba; He only have 2 choice live in their control or destroy them!
Rather than a nun why not a Miko, more Japanese like~

The best girl isnt always the best ending....>why do you think the pope created divorce papers? =)

Miyuki doesnt know Tatsuya the best; she knows every good point but she doesnt see the bads.

Miyuki is #1 I agree with that....Tatsuya is a walking time bomb; sooner or later the treat of a nuclear warhead walking around will cause some problems to both Japan and other country; they will try to contact Tatsuya and become his allies; Thats why Miyuki is worried that if they find out who they are there are a lot of people who will try to use them or even take there lives; that is why Miyuki appreciates Tatsuya's friends Erika,Mizuki,Leo,Miki those are the Tatsuya's friends other than them they are merely acquaintance.

Mizuki's eyes is a threat she might not know what it means, but if she tells it to someone who knows?

Well I maybe shipping but at the same time Im telling facts

You just miss the ball bro; In terms twisted Miyuki & Tatsuya are both equal but Tatsuya still leads a huge margin; Twisted & Evil is one of the Shipping elements of Tatsuya and Erika remember =). Erika may share her innocence with Leo but Erika shares Evil,Twisted, and Mischievous with Tatsuya. Miyuki may sulk when she kills, or do something overboard. But Tatsuya and Erika wouldnt hesitate to kill or even go overboard to get what they want.

I agree Miyuki X Tatsuya completes each other, as a siblings but not yet lovers; basically they are only playing house (You Mama, me Dada)
I think there's still some development that could happen to miyuki.

for the fight between the siblings, I think it will never happen. Tatsuya will never go against Miyuki.

Against yotsuba, tatsuya will only follow Miyuki's command.

for the best girl, for tatsuya I think it will only be miyuki. morality of Incest is in the way.

Miyuki knows tatsuya full capabilities, even though he still try to hide it from her the current head will supply the info to her.

for the walking nuclear part. what/who is the "ONLY CONTROL" of that nuclear? Miyuki is the only key I know and that is the sole reason everyone will try to take control of her. futhermore, in case of war the one who will be targeted first is her. This is what matter to tatsuya, Miyuki's well being.

and sorry again. twisted and evil seems non exist in my view of erika. the more I think of her personality, the more I see that she is tough in the outside but fragile in the inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Really? Prove it. One quote from "almost every vol." should do.
A nearly pointless secret, and he threatened to kill her over it.
"Pretty much" means there are exceptions. Shizuku doesn't show much, but she's developing feelings. Even her parents have noticed.
As for Mayumi, after Tatsuya accidentally made a joke about having sex with her in that study booth, even though she was embarrassed, she chose to stay in the room. She is VERY attracted to him.
Being a Yotsuba is a big deal. It being a secret is NOT.
Way back in volume 1, they already said that they were only keeping it secret for highschool. As soon as Miyuki graduates, they'll announce it publicly.
Yes, but unlike the issue with being Yotsuba, she's getting close to finding out which student is a member of the military and which SECRET branch of it. And from there, that he is a STRATEGIC-class magician.
Again, they're going to tell the world Miyuki is a Yotsuba in....2 years. And everyone already knows they're brother/sister.
Not an important secret.
By far, she is the closest. That's why the USNA started spying on him.
Volume 5, Chapter 3 - Mayumi already suspects Tatsuya is a Yotsuba, AND an Extra. AND she gets a bath-scene where she stares at her body and thinks about Tatsuya.

That's 6 volumes faster than Erika.
about the bolded part, I agree with you. Mayumi is unconciously attracted to him, maybe even love him. about the secret, she is too scared to talk to him about it. just like she said in vol 7, inquiring other's bloodline is a crime.

as a bonus
Spoiler for vol 11 mayumi side story:

Last edited by kidswable; 2014-02-15 at 12:01.
kidswable is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 11:47   Link #10267
Riddam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Tatsuya hands down; Tatsuya's special flash cast can out cast Miyuki's Cocytus
The thing is even if this was true, the time difference would be extremely small and any spells Tatsuya would be able to cast with flash cast would be nowhere near powerful enough to go through Miyukis Wide Area Interference.
Even the decomposition magic Tatsuya can cast will not properly go through Miyukis WAI, that's why he has to decompose it first with Trident.
Riddam is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 12:04   Link #10268
Echizen777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Do we even need to speculate here? It's pretty clear that Tatsuya is the strongest magician in the world ATM, he would win. And maybe I underestimate her but I can't picture Miyuki being stronger than Katsuto or Masaki. She is talented but all the members of the Master Clans are
Echizen777 is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 12:14   Link #10269
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Its probly a waste responding, since its been pointed out countless times in the past, but well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Lol; the reason I called it hidden because Miyuki is always the light#!Most people only see Miyuki and just tries to browse everything; thats what I do when the author gives physics lesson#!

Tatsuya has already admitted that Erika is quite attractive; has shown he really care about her based on the action he had shown;but still oblivious why he acts that way.

Tatsuya would kill anyone who knows their real identity; thats why he was weary of Mizuki due to his aura might give away his special identity; but he let Erika walk away even though she has already seen through his identity;she even said so herself, why does she care so much?, and stated that even if she ever told someone,Tatsuya would probably forgive her but doesnt want to risk it. so question is why did Tatsuya risk everything he build then let one girl walk away; if anyone beside Erika knew of his identity, he would have killed her in a spot;let say Lina or Mayumi? Do you think Tatsuya would dirty his hands to keep his identity to those two? Answer is yes!
First of all, hes thought of alot of girls as quite attractive, Erika is on the same level as Honoka in this regard, and theres no progression there.

Second, all his actions towards Erika or pretty much anyone have been calculative, or been because of the influence of somone, feel free to pull up the examples your refering to here, and ill point out what your deliberatly ignoring.

third, he knew it was a matter of time before Erika worked out he was a Yotsuba with all hes done in front of her and how perceptive she is, read the part where she works it out, he plans on using her as an accomplish to help him keep the secret, not exactually doing it out of goodwill but for his own purposes.

fourth. Mayumi has worked it out, that chapter has been translated, and i noticed he hasnt killed her yet. Likewise, he wont kill lina because shes recognised strategic class magican, would cause to much of an uproar to kill her for such a paltry reason. Besides, hes swore her to secrecy regarding everything she knows of him and Miyuki. Your also forgetting here that the yotsuba secret will be unvelled as soon as they graduate, so he wont go to lengths that are considered "too extreme", and killing a saguesta and strategic class magican certainly are. (and note: this is not because he is unwilling, but the repercussions arent worth it, its the same reason he isnt directly moving on there aunt)

Quote:
Tatsuya can never discredit the Yotsuba; He only have 2 choice live in their control or destroy them!
I wonder about this, the authors been pretty obvious, we know tats goal is to give magicans an option other then being weapons, and that Myuki intends to set him free, its been stated often enough.....we may see an ending with him single, but no longer tied to the yotsuba or the country as a weapon, its would certainly fit in with both Myuki and tats goal.
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 12:18   Link #10270
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
On the side note, so far as had been revealed, tats would be the "strongest", not that i can see him and Miyuki ever fighting each other.
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 12:30   Link #10271
Hokoga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I don't think Cocytus would be that much of a problem for Tatsuya.
Miyuki could effect him for maybe an instant, but his Self-Restoration will just restore his body back to the condition it was in before Miyuki used Cocytus. Because it is an ability that activates automatically whenever an abnormality occurs in Tatsuya's body, whether he wants it to or not.
Spoiler for Self-Restoration:

Quick question
I know most magicians can't cast magic without their CADs, so why doesn't Tatsuya ever target their CADs?
He can use his abilities without a CAD, and his casting speed is usually faster than his opponents.
__________________
What the hell you doing in my house; eating a big ass sandwich and shit?
Hokoga is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 12:31   Link #10272
Riddam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Do we even need to speculate here? It's pretty clear that Tatsuya is the strongest magician in the world ATM, he would win. And maybe I underestimate her but I can't picture Miyuki being stronger than Katsuto or Masaki. She is talented but all the members of the Master Clans are
If you think so I can only say that you haven't been reading attentively enough.

And Tatsuya is nowhere near the strongest magician in the world either, he wouldn't even win against Lina in a rematch now. The first time he won against her through deception. Your post sounds an awful lot like blind fanboyism.
Riddam is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 12:38   Link #10273
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
If you think so I can only say that you haven't been reading attentively enough.

And Tatsuya is nowhere near the strongest magician in the world either, he wouldn't even win against Lina in a rematch now. The first time he won against her through deception. Your post sounds an awful lot like blind fanboyism.
she had brionic, im pretty sure its not something thats regulary given to her for use, even in combat. If she had it, sure, it could go either way, but its something along the lines of tats "third eye" usually kept away from her, i did notice she didnt have it while chasing deserters or the final confrontation with the parisites, besides which, he has his power sealed in all confrontations with her, + in the first he was trying to capture. I did also say "as far has been revealed" as well.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-15 at 13:05.
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 12:40   Link #10274
Hokoga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
If you think so I can only say that you haven't been reading attentively enough.

And Tatsuya is nowhere near the strongest magician in the world either, he wouldn't even win against Lina in a rematch now. The first time he won against her through deception. Your post sounds an awful lot like blind fanboyism.
He was holding back the entire time.
He didn't show some of his true abilities until after Lina went unconscious, and by the time Lina regained consciousness all of her comrades were gone(Decomposed).
__________________
What the hell you doing in my house; eating a big ass sandwich and shit?
Hokoga is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 12:48   Link #10275
Echizen777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
If you think so I can only say that you haven't been reading attentively enough.

And Tatsuya is nowhere near the strongest magician in the world either, he wouldn't even win against Lina in a rematch now. The first time he won against her through deception. Your post sounds an awful lot like blind fanboyism.
Tatsuya should have lost against Lina, who could use her SC magic without problems, he won because Lina wasn't mentally strong enough to kill him, he didn't want to kill her either, in a fight to death and if he was at full power I don't see how he could lose.
Let's say he isn't the strongest, it doesn't mean he is weaker than Miyuki. Who is the one who is overrated IMO.
Echizen777 is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 12:49   Link #10276
Riddam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoga View Post
i don't think cocytus would be that much of a problem for tatsuya.
Miyuki could effect him for maybe an instant, but his self-restoration will just restore his body back to the condition it was in before miyuki used cocytus. Because it is an ability that activates automatically whenever an abnormality occurs in tatsuya's body, whether he wants it to or not.
Spoiler for self-restoration:

quick question
i know most magicians can't cast magic without their cads, so why doesn't tatsuya ever target their cads?
He can use his abilities without a cad, and his casting speed is usually faster than his opponents.
Yes well, what's unclear about it is whether or not Regrowth would activate upon mental trauma as well. Most likely however Cocytus would affect a persons mental structure to such an extent that even if Regrowth was to activate, Tatsuya's unconsciousness wouldn't be able to produce said magic. While Cocytus has never been fully explained, it's supposed to "kill" your mental activity, which of course is necessary for magic, so consciously or unconsciously, you wouldn't be able to use magic.
Riddam is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 12:53   Link #10277
Riddam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Tatsuya should have lost against Lina, who could use her SC magic without problems, he won because Lina wasn't mentally strong enough to kill him, he didn't want to kill her either, in a fight to death and if he was at full power I don't see how he could lose.
Let's say he isn't the strongest, it doesn't mean he is weaker than Miyuki. Who is the one who is overrated IMO.
Magic fights in MKnR don't really work that way. There is nothing a "full power" Tatsuya can do that would significantly change anything in the fight. It's simply mechanics.
Riddam is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 13:17   Link #10278
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Well, at least we are off the shipping wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
Magic fights in MKnR don't really work that way. There is nothing a "full power" Tatsuya can do that would significantly change anything in the fight. It's simply mechanics.
I agree with this, but in the first case he was trying to capture her, the sceond, she had the element of surprise with the brionic. Setting aside the first fight, were tats was deliberate luring her to capture and interogate her and the ninjas and sis interfered, the second she had the element of surprise on her side with brinoic tats shouldve been a goner. If they were to encounter under similar cicumstances, having seen that weapon, he would have a tactic developed for it or at the very least be far more weary of the weapon. Lina, on the other hand, hasn't been holding back anything (just handy capped by her diffculty in killing which limits her combat ability) and hasnt seen enough nor seem to have the forsight to think of any counters to tats. And ive said it before, Brionic is not something she normally carries around, without it i dont see any chance for her to beat tats.
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 13:31   Link #10279
Riddam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Well, at least we are off the shipping wars.



I agree with this, but in the first case he was trying to capture her, the sceond, she had the element of surprise with the brionic. Setting aside the first fight, were tats was deliberate luring her to capture and interogate her and the ninjas and sis interfered, the second she had the element of surprise on her side with brinoic tats shouldve been a goner. If they were to encounter under similar cicumstances, having seen that weapon, he would have a tactic developed for it or at the very least be far more weary of the weapon. Lina, on the other hand, hasn't been holding back anything (just handy capped by her diffculty in killing which limits her combat ability) and hasnt seen enough nor seem to have the forsight to think of any counters to tats. And ive said it before, Brionic is not something she normally carries around, without it i dont see any chance for her to beat tats.
The tactic Tatsuya would have against Lina would simply be to not engage in a direct fight with her. Surprise or no, the fact of the matter is that Lina is able to cast Heavy Metal Burst (relatively) a lot faster than Tatsuya is able to do anything. And it's powerful enough to most likely outdamage what Regrowth can restore.
Also while you say Lina wouldn't be able to beat Tatsuya without Brionac, Tatsuya would likewise probably be not able to win without Trident.
Riddam is offline  
Old 2014-02-15, 13:51   Link #10280
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
The tactic Tatsuya would have against Lina would simply be to not engage in a direct fight with her. Surprise or no, the fact of the matter is that Lina is able to cast Heavy Metal Burst (relatively) a lot faster than Tatsuya is able to do anything. And it's powerful enough to most likely outdamage what Regrowth can restore.
Also while you say Lina wouldn't be able to beat Tatsuya without Brionac, Tatsuya would likewise probably be not able to win without Trident.
well, i agree, but Brinoic is similar to tats third eye, and kept locked away, or at least it seems that way, whereas trident is a cad tats keeps with him, the cicumstances simply favour tats more in this regard. ALso, the first attacked he recieved from metal burst, he was still trying to puzzle out what she said, and had no clue what it could do, nor was he actively trying to defend himself or attack, that wont be happening again.

And again, i agree with what you say, its just the scales tip more in tats direction, Lina would need some preperation on her side to win, whereas tats wouldnt rely on it so much.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-15 at 14:25.
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.